Author Topic: May Marathon: Happy Birthday to Me!  (Read 6962 times)

Offline addicted2dvd

• Forum Inventory
    • View Profile
Re: May Marathon: Happy Birthday to Me!
« Reply #30 on: May 23, 2013, 02:45:00 PM »

Buffy the Vampire Slayer
Season 5 Episode 13: Blood Ties
The Scooby Gang discusses plans for Buffy's birthday and dealing with Glory. Giles reveals that Glory is the god of a demon dimension and in order to stay in human form, she needs to suck energy from humans, leaving them insane. The gang starts asking questions about The Key and Buffy finally breaks down and tells them the truth about Dawn.

My Thoughts:
A good episode. This season with Glory is a good season... but not what I would call a favorite. I liked how Michelle Trachtenberg portrayed Dawn in this episode... where she finds out the truth about herself. And even though I didn't care as much for this season as I did some of them... I must admit all the fights with Glory (including the one in this episode) were always good.

My Rating:

Goal: 44
Watched: 26
Left: 18
Pete

Offline addicted2dvd

• Forum Inventory
    • View Profile
« Reply #31 on: May 23, 2013, 04:18:58 PM »

Buffy the Vampire Slayer
Season 6 Episode 14: Older and Far Away
The guests at Buffy's birthday party are surprised when they realize they been at the party for almost the whole day – and even more surprised when they realize they can't leave.

My Thoughts:
I enjoyed this episode quite a bit too. The way none of the birthday parties on Buffy goes well.... makes for a fun show. It seemed like a couple of the characters was in this one for little to no reason. Guess they were basically just brought in to beef up the guest list at the party some. This is the last Buffy episode I have marked that has something to do with birthdays. It seems there wasn't one in the final season of the series? Or am I missing any?

My Rating:

Watched: 27
Left: 17
Pete

Offline addicted2dvd

• Forum Inventory
    • View Profile
« Reply #32 on: May 24, 2013, 02:21:36 PM »

All-Star Superman
Fueled by hatred and jealousy, Lex Luthor masterminds an elaborate plot to kill the Man of Steel - and it works. Poisoned by solar radiation, Superman is dying. With weeks to live, he fulfills his life's dreams - especially revealing his true identity to Lois Lane - until Luthor proclaims his ultimate plan to control the world with no alien hero to stop him. Powers fading, Superman engages in a spectacular deadly battle with Luthor that could truly trigger the end of Earth's Greatest Protector. This startling and gripping DC Universe animated original movie stars the voice talents of James Denton, Anthony LaPaglia, Christine Hendricks and Ed Asner.

My Thoughts:
I was able to add this to this marathon as a rather large scene in this film is about Lois Lane's birthday. This is a good animated movie. Though while it was obvious that it was coming... I don't know how much I care for the ending of this one. I mean don't get me wrong... it makes sense for the story being told. Just don't like the idea of seeing Superman's last adventure.

My Rating:

Watched: 28
Left: 16
Pete

Offline addicted2dvd

• Forum Inventory
    • View Profile
« Reply #33 on: May 25, 2013, 01:27:22 PM »

Two and a Half Men
Season 8 Episode 11: Dead From The Waist Down
Alan's money woes causes him to look elsewhere for money to get a nice birthday gift for Lyndsey.

My Thoughts:
Found another birthday episode in this series. Another fun episode... though not quite as good as most others. Still worth watching.

My Rating:

Watched: 29
Left: 15
Pete

Offline addicted2dvd

• Forum Inventory
    • View Profile
« Reply #34 on: May 31, 2013, 05:08:50 PM »

Charmed
Season 1 Episode 4: Dead Man Dating
Prue tries to avoid a birthday celebration as Piper befriends and saves the restless soul of a ghost who was murdered by a gang leader. The sisters save his soul and learn a valuable life lesson.

My Thoughts:
This one was another really good episode. One that deals with ghosts. I especially liked it since it was a big Piper episode. I also liked the way they put some Chinese folk lore into the story line for this one. This episode remains one of my favorites. Not only do we have Pru's birthday in this episode... but also the ghost's birthday is talked of in the beginning of the episode.

My Rating:

Watched: 30
Left: 14
Pete

Offline addicted2dvd

• Forum Inventory
    • View Profile
« Reply #35 on: May 31, 2013, 06:04:54 PM »

Adventures of Superman
Season 1 Episode 7: The Birthday Letter
A disabled kid wanting to meet Superman, overhears gangsters by telephone.

My Thoughts:
I always enjoyed this episode. I especially enjoyed the ending where Superman is flying the crippled little girl around the city. But how times have changed! The idea of a cripple child staying home by herself during the day is unheard of now! That would be a good way to get into some serious trouble. And here when this show was made ('50s) they acted like it was no big deal at all. I also got a kick out of when Superman shows up at the girl's home... she is sitting there reading a Superman comic book.

My Rating:

Watched: 31
Left: 13
Pete

Offline addicted2dvd

• Forum Inventory
    • View Profile
« Reply #36 on: May 31, 2013, 06:34:35 PM »

I Love Lucy
Season 6 Episode 13: Lucy and Superman
Lucy promises Little Ricky that Superman (George Reeves) will be at his birthday party, but when it looks like he can't make it, she tries to fill the bill herself.

My Thoughts:
This has always been one of my favorite episodes of I Love Lucy. I guess this is because I also always been a fan of Adventures of Superman. It really is a hilarious episode. Definitely a must see! Best part of the episode is when Superman has to save Lucy off the ledge.

My Rating:

Watched: 32
Left: 12
Pete