Author Topic: Weekend Movie Marathon: Animated Movies  (Read 8447 times)

Offline addicted2dvd

• Forum Inventory
    • View Profile
Weekend Movie Marathon: Animated Movies
« on: May 23, 2013, 01:29:10 PM »
Weekend Movie Marathon:
Animated Movies
While I really shouldn't what with my on-going Birthday Marathon... Brittany and I wanted to do an animated movie marathon this weekend (Fri.-Sun.). Mostly because I just got a bunch of new animated movies in the mail yesterday... and there was several in there we couldn't wait to watch. So decided to take some time to watch some of them this coming weekend. I have many animated movies... several I never seen before...

My Animated Movie Collection
Bold Titles are in my Unwatched Pile
All-Star Superman
The Ant Bully
The Batman vs Dracula
The Batman Superman Movie
Batman: Gotham Knight
Batman: Mask of the Phantasm
Batman: Mystery of the Batwoman
Batman: The Dark Knight Returns: Part 1
Batman: The Dark Knight Returns: Part 2
Batman: Under The Red Hood
Batman: Year One
Bee Movie
Chicken Run
Cloudy with a Chance of Meatballs
Coraline
Tim Burton's Corpse Bride
Disney's A Christmas Carol
Dr. Strange
Final Fantasy VII: Advent Children
Final Fantasy: The Spirits Within
Frankenweenie
Green Lantern: First Flight
Gulliver's Travels
Hercules & Xena: The Battle for Mount Olympus
Hulk Vs. Thor
Hulk Vs. Wolverine
The Incredibles
The Invincible Iron Man
Justice League: Crisis On Two Earths
Justice League: Doom
Justice League: The New Frontier
The Last Unicorn
Monsters, Inc
Next Avengers: Heroes of Tomorrow
The Nightmare Before Christmas
Open Season
ParaNorman
The Polar Express
Resident Evil: Degeneration
Robots
The Simpsons Movie
Superman Batman: Public Enemies
Superman vs The Elite
Superman/Batman: Apocalypse
Superman/Shazam!: The Return of Black Adam
Superman: Doomsday
Superman: Brainiac Attacks
Superman: Unbound
The Ten Commandments
Thor: Tales of Asgard
Thunderbirds Are Go
Titan A.E.
Ultimate Avengers: The Movie
Ultimate Avengers 2: Rise of the Panther
Up
Van Helsing: The London Assignment
Who Framed Roger Rabbit
Wonder Woman
Wreck-It Ralph
Pete

Offline dfmorgan

• Heavy Poster
    • View Profile
Re: Weekend Movie Marathon: Animated Movies
« Reply #1 on: May 24, 2013, 12:37:17 AM »
Arrived in the mail today...

This one is also animation and ought to be included above
Dave

Life? - Who needs a life when you have anime!

My DVD/HD-DVD/Blu-ray Collection
My Library
My CD Collection - sorry I use readerware for that and it doesn't have an online component.

Offline addicted2dvd

• Forum Inventory
    • View Profile
« Reply #2 on: May 24, 2013, 12:43:17 AM »
Thanks... must not be marked as animation in Profiler... I just took the ones that came up when I filtered on the genre.
Pete

Offline Tom

• Mega Heavy Poster
    • View Profile
    • Cinematic Collection Viewer
« Reply #3 on: May 24, 2013, 07:13:06 AM »
Thanks... must not be marked as animation in Profiler... I just took the ones that came up when I filtered on the genre.

Probably marked as anime.

Offline addicted2dvd

• Forum Inventory
    • View Profile
« Reply #4 on: May 24, 2013, 11:30:48 AM »
Yeah... I haven't looked yet... but that is what I figure too.
Pete

Offline addicted2dvd

• Forum Inventory
    • View Profile
« Reply #5 on: May 24, 2013, 02:21:29 PM »
     All-Star Superman (2011/United States)
Trailer |IMDb |Wikipedia |
Warner Home Video
Director:Sam Liu
Writing:Dwayne McDuffie (Writer)
Length:77 min.
Video:Widescreen
Audio:English: Dolby Digital: 5.1, French: Dolby Digital: 5.1, Spanish: Dolby Digital: 2-Channel Stereo
Subtitles:English

Stars:
James Denton as Superman / Clark Kent
Christina Hendricks as Lois Lane
Anthony LaPaglia as Lex Luthor
Edward Asner as Perry White
Obba Babatunde as Judge
Steve Blum as Atlas

Plot:
Fueled by hatred and jealousy, Lex Luthor masterminds an elaborate plot to kill the Man of Steel - and it works. Poisoned by solar radiation, Superman is dying. With weeks to live, he fulfills his life's dreams - especially revealing his true identity to Lois Lane - until Luthor proclaims his ultimate plan to control the world with no alien hero to stop him. Powers fading, Superman engages in a spectacular deadly battle with Luthor that could truly trigger the end of Earth's Greatest Protector. This startling and gripping DC Universe animated original movie stars the voice talents of James Denton, Anthony LaPaglia, Christine Hendricks and Ed Asner.

Extras:
  • Bonus Trailers
  • Featurettes

My Thoughts:
I decided to start my marathon with this one as it also gets an addition out of the way for my birthday marathon... as a big portion of this film takes place on Lois Lane's birthday. This is a good animated film... I enjoyed it quite a bit. Though in a way I did hate to see Superman's last adventure. Either way... if you are a fan of DC Animated Films... I am sure you will enjoy this one as well. Definitely worth the time put in to watch it.

My Rating:
Out of a Possible 5
Pete

Offline addicted2dvd

• Forum Inventory
    • View Profile
« Reply #6 on: May 24, 2013, 04:10:23 PM »
     Superman: Unbound (2013/United States)
IMDb |Wikipedia |Trailer |
Warner Home Video
Director:James Tucker
Writing:Bob Goodman (Writer), Geoff Johns (Original Material By), Gary Frank (Original Material By), Jerry Siegel (Original Characters By), Joe Shuster (Original Characters By), Jerry Ordway (Original Characters By), Tom Grummet (Original Characters By)
Length:75 min.
Video:Anamorphic Widescreen 1.78:1
Audio:English: Dolby Digital: 5.1
Subtitles:English, Spanish

Stars:
Matthew Bomer as Superman/Clark Kent (Voice)
Stana Katic as Lois Lane (Voice)
John Noble as Brainiac (Voice)
Molly Quinn as Supergirl (Voice)
Diedrich Bader as Lombard (Voice)
Jason Beghe as Terrorist Leader (Voice)

Plot:
An unstoppable android on the horizon. A msyterious fireball hurtling toward Earth. a fearless – and beautiful – reporter who'll stop at nothing to get her story. It's just another day for the heroic Man of Steel...only this time, for better or for worse, he has this unpredictable cousin, Supergirl, by his side. The gritty adventure begins as Superman learns about the ruthless force known as Brainiac, who has seized and miniaturized Krypton's capital city of Kandor. Determined to liberate the captured metropolis and protect his home planet from Brainiac's increasing power, Superman takes on his most menacing enemy yet in this DC Universe animated original movie based on the gripping comic book miniseries.

Extras:
  • Bonus Trailers

My Thoughts:
This is the first time I ever seen this film. And I must say... I enjoyed it a lot! I really liked Supergirl in this one. Her being a teen that is having a bit of trouble dealing with her life. It has a very good storyline. Though there is a couple things I didn't care for here. First off I noticed right away... I didn't care for the way they drew Superman. It is more noticeable in some scene then others... but they made his chin too long. Another thing I didn't care too much for is how they re-wrote the origin of Brainiac. But they made the story so good that all is forgiven. I especially liked how the film ended. It even shows that there is a good chance of continuing the storyline. Over-all this is one I highly recommend!

My Rating:
« Last Edit: April 08, 2017, 01:58:39 AM by addicted2dvd »
Pete

Offline addicted2dvd

• Forum Inventory
    • View Profile
« Reply #7 on: May 24, 2013, 06:50:03 PM »
     Frankenweenie (2012/United States)
Walt Disney Studios Home Entertainment, Buena Vista Home Entertainment
Director:Tim Burton
Writing:Lenny Ripps (Original Material By), Tim Burton (Original Material By), John August (Screenwriter)
Length:87 min.
Video:Anamorphic Widescreen 1.85:1
Audio:English: Dolby Digital: 5.1, Audio Descriptive: Dolby Digital: 2-Channel Stereo, French: Dolby Digital: 5.1, Spanish: Dolby Digital: 5.1
Subtitles:English, French, Spanish

Stars:
Catherine O'Hara as Mrs. Frankenstein, Weird Girl and Gym Teacher (Voice)
Martin Short (1950) as Mr. Frankenstein, Mr. Burgemeister and Nassor (Voice)
Martin Landau as Mr. Rzykruski (Voice)
Charlie Tahan as Victor Frankenstein (Voice)
Atticus Shaffer as Edgar "E" Gore (Voice)
Winona Ryder as Elsa Van Helsing (Voice)

Plot:
From Disney and creative genius Tim Burton (Alice In Wonderland, The Nightmare Before Christmas) comes the hilarious and offbeat, Frankenweenie, a heartwarming tale about a boy and his dog. After unexpectedly losing his beloved dog Sparky, young Victor harnesses the power of science to bring his best friend back to life – with just a few minor adjustments. He tries to hide his home-sewn creation, but when Sparky gets out, Victor's fellow students, teachers and the entire town learn that getting a new "leash on life" can be monstrous. Complete with electrifying bonus features, Frankenweenie is alive with enchanting fun for the whole family.

Extras:
  • Scene Access
  • Bonus Trailers
  • Featurettes
  • Music Videos
  • Closed Captioned

My Thoughts:
Brittany and I just watched this one for the very first time. We both enjoyed it quite a bit. Another of Tim Burton films... which we both have grown to enjoy. But I must ask... what is it with Tim Burton's characters all looking like they belong in The Addams Family? Not a bad thing mind you... just what his characters reminds me of. The old Addams Family universe. This is a fun film... definitely one I would recommend checking out. It is just one that I find a little difficult to talk about. A strange but good film.

My Rating:
Out of a Possible 5
Pete

Offline addicted2dvd

• Forum Inventory
    • View Profile
« Reply #8 on: May 24, 2013, 11:39:47 PM »
     ParaNorman (2012/United States)
Universal Studios Home Entertainment
Director:Sam Fell, Chris Butler
Writing:Chris Butler (Writer)
Length:92 min.
Video:Anamorphic Widescreen 2.40:1
Subtitles:English

Stars:
Kodi Smit-McPhee as Norman Babcock (Voice)
Tucker Albrizzi as Neil (Voice)
Anna Kendrick as Courtney Babcock (Voice)
Casey Affleck as Mitch (Voice)
Christopher Mintz-Plasse as Alvin (Voice)
Leslie Mann as Sandra Babcock (Voice)

Plot:
From the makers of Coraline comes the story of Norman, a boy who must use his ability to see and speak with the dead to save his town from a centuries-old curse.
In addition to spooky zombies, he'll also have to take on mysterious ghosts, wily witches and, worst of all, clueless grown-ups. But this young ghoul whisperer will soon find his paranormal abilities pushed to their otherwordly limits. Featuring the voice talents of Kodi Smit-McPhee, Anne Kendrick, Casey Affleck, Christopher Mintz-Plasse, Leslie Mann, Jeff Garlin and John Goodman, it's a frightfully funny and magically thrilling adventure for the whole family in eye-popping stop-motion.

Extras:
  • Scene Access
  • Audio Commentary
  • Bonus Trailers
  • Featurettes

My Thoughts:
Brittany and I just finished watching this one. And I must say we both enjoyed this one very much. I think I liked this one a little  more then I did Frankenweenie! This one has a good storyline... it is just plain fun! I am so glad a friend gave me these films. I can definitely see myself watching it again! If you haven't had the chance to see this one yet... I highly recommend checking it out as soon as possible. I don't think you would be sorry!

My Rating:
Out of a Possible 5
Pete

Offline addicted2dvd

• Forum Inventory
    • View Profile
« Reply #9 on: May 24, 2013, 11:40:15 PM »
Marathon to be Continued... tomorrow.  :)
Pete

Offline addicted2dvd

• Forum Inventory
    • View Profile
« Reply #10 on: May 25, 2013, 06:55:34 PM »
     Wreck-It Ralph (2012/United States)
IMDb |Wikipedia |Trailer |
Buena Vista Home Entertainment
Director:Rich Moore
Writing:Rich Moore (Story By), Phil Johnston (Story By), Jim Reardon (Story By), Phil Johnston (Screenwriter), Jennifer Lee (Screenwriter)
Length:101 min.
Video:Anamorphic Widescreen 2.35:1
Subtitles:

Stars:
John C. Reilly as Ralph (Voice)
Sarah Silverman as Vanellope (Voice)
Jack McBrayer as Felix (Voice)
Jane Lynch as Calhoun (Voice)
Alan Tudyk as King Candy (Voice)
Mindy Kaling as Taffyta Muttonfudge (Voice)

Plot:
Prepare for adventure when "the most original animated film in years" (Bryan Erdy, CBS-TV) that thrilled audiences of all ages drops on DVD! From Walt Disney Animation Studios comes a hilarious, arcade game-hopping journey in Disney's Wreck-It Ralph.

For decades, Ralph has played the bad guy in his popular video game. In a bold move, he embarks on an action-packed adventure and sets out to prove to everyone that he is a true hero with a big heart. As he explores exciting new worlds, he teams up with some unlikely new friends including feisty misfit Vanellope von Schweetz. Then, when an evil army threatens their world, Ralph realizes he holds the fate of the entire arcade in his massive hands.

Featuring an all-star voice cast and a groundbreaking animated short film, Disney's Wreck-It Ralph has something for every player. Bring home the ultimate reward on Disney DVD!

Extras:
  • Scene Access
  • Bonus Trailers
  • Closed Captioned
  • Paperman Theatrical Short

My Thoughts:
We just finished this one. And I must admit... I went into this one not knowing what to expect. Going by the trailer it could have been good or bad. Luckily I enjoyed it much more then I thought I would. It was a lot of fun to watch... especially seeing some of the characters from actual video games. The story easily kept my interest. I would suggest giving this one a chance if you haven't already.... don't think you will be sorry.

My Rating:
Out of a Possible 5
Pete