Author Topic: May Marathon: Happy Birthday to Me!  (Read 6873 times)

Offline addicted2dvd

• Forum Inventory
    • View Profile
Re: May Marathon: Happy Birthday to Me!
« Reply #15 on: May 15, 2013, 02:58:36 PM »

Everybody Loves Raymond
Season 1 Episode 1: Pilot
Debra is sick and tired of having Raymond's parents and his brother show up unannounced. With her birthday coming up they try not to let Ray's parents and Robert to come over, so they can have a nice peaceful birthday party.

My Thoughts:
This is a show that I never watched when it originally aired. But I found I liked it when I caught some reruns on cable. I slowly started to collect the DVDs... but once I got to season 4 I had the chance to get the complete series set through a trade. There is still many episodes I never seen of this series... but this episode I have seen many times. A good episode. I enjoyed it very much. Now I think I will attempt to watch the rest of the birthday episodes from this series. As far as I can tell there is a total of six episodes in this series that has some sort of birthday theme.

My Rating:

Goal: 44
Watched: 14
Left: 30
Pete

Offline addicted2dvd

• Forum Inventory
    • View Profile
« Reply #16 on: May 15, 2013, 04:30:28 PM »

Everybody Loves Raymond
Season 2 Episode 9: The Gift
Ray, feeling guilty about only getting his dad a card for his 65th birthday, makes up for it by buying him a fancy and expensive aquarium just like the one he always admired in the Chinese restaurant.

My Thoughts:
Another fun episode. It has a few good laughs in it.

My Rating:

Watched: 15
Left: 29
Pete

Offline addicted2dvd

• Forum Inventory
    • View Profile
« Reply #17 on: May 16, 2013, 02:25:43 PM »

Everybody Loves Raymond
Season 5 Episode 8: Young Girl
Robert starts to date a 22-year old woman. Marie and Debra don't think it's right, due to his being 43 years old. Meanwhile, Frank is having a birthday where everything goes wrong.

My Thoughts:
This is one of the (I am sure) many episodes I never seen before. This is the second birthday episode in a row I watched that it was Frank's birthday. Granted this is a good few seasons later then the last episode I watched. It was a pretty good episode... but didn't care for it as much as I did the earlier episodes.

My Rating:

Watched: 16
Left: 28
Pete

Offline addicted2dvd

• Forum Inventory
    • View Profile
« Reply #18 on: May 16, 2013, 02:59:13 PM »

Everybody Loves Raymond
Season 8 Episode 8: Surprise Party
After Debra's mother suggests throwing Debra an "old-fashioned English Tea Party," Ray reluctantly agrees after she promises to do all the work. When Debra realizes Ray is planning something for her birthday, she suggests he change the theme to a Chinese banquet. Unfortunately, Lois has already started planning the tea party and now Ray must find a way to convince her to change her plans.

My Thoughts:
This one on the other hand I have seen.  I liked this one a bit more then the last one. Still wouldn't call it a favorite... but worth the watch.

My Rating:

Watched: 17
Left: 27
Pete

Offline addicted2dvd

• Forum Inventory
    • View Profile
« Reply #19 on: May 16, 2013, 03:31:10 PM »

Everybody Loves Raymond
Season 8 Episode 15: Party Dress
Ray and Debra disagree over whether they should purchase an expensive dress for Ally to wear to a friend's formal 13th birthday party. Debra thinks they should, but Ray can't see spending $250 for a dress that will be worn only once.

My Thoughts:
I enjoyed this one as well. I must say that I was a little surprised to see how big their daughter got after just recently seeing her in an early season episode. I got a kick out of how the party turned out. This is one I don't remember seeing before.

My Rating:

Watched: 18
Left: 26
Pete

Offline addicted2dvd

• Forum Inventory
    • View Profile
« Reply #20 on: May 17, 2013, 01:29:39 AM »

Buffy the Vampire Slayer
Season 2 Episode 13: Surprise
On Buffy's seventeenth birthday, she and Angel must prevent Spike and Drusilla from resurrecting the Judge, a demon who has the power to destroy humanity.

My Thoughts:
In every generation, there is a chosen one. She alone shall stand against the vampires, demons, and forces of darkness. She is the Slayer.

This is a series I have always liked a lot. I know... no big surprise there... I like a series about vampire! The first Birthday episode of Buffy the Vampire Slayer is a 2-part episode. And I think it is safe to say my favorite of the Buffy's Birthday episodes. What with it happening in season 2 (one of my favorite seasons of the series)... at the very beginning of what is probably my favorite Buffy storyline (Evil Angel). Naturally since it is a 2-part episode... there was no way I could only watch the first half... so I ended up watching both episodes. But of course I only counted it as 1 episode watched on my goal. After all... part 2 did take place the next day.

My Rating:

Watched: 19
Left: 25
Pete

Offline addicted2dvd

• Forum Inventory
    • View Profile
« Reply #21 on: May 19, 2013, 02:12:12 AM »

Two and a Half Men
Season 6 Episode 14: David Copperfield Slipped Me a Roofie
Alan begins to believe that his family doesn't appreciate him, leading him to move in with Melissa and her mother.

My Thoughts:
I been hooked on this series every since I got the very first disc at the library... now well into the 6th season. I finally hit another birthday episode. This one is Allen's birthday. Another very funny episode. I enjoyed every second of it. I got a real kick out of seeing Carol Kane in this one. She played the mother of Allen's girlfriend.

My Rating:

Watched: 20
Left: 24
Pete

Offline addicted2dvd

• Forum Inventory
    • View Profile
« Reply #22 on: May 21, 2013, 02:18:11 PM »

Scrubs
Season 5 Episode 3: My Day At The Races
While planning his birthday, J.D. finds a list of things he wanted to accomplish, before he turned 30. He enters a triathlon to begin. Elliot discovers a side of her boyfriend Jake, that freaks her out. Turk is working hard to impress his bosses and takes on a patient, who wants to be hypnotized during surgery, rather than using anesthesia, all in effort to be promoted.

My Thoughts:
This is a show I always found to be fun... and this episode is no different. Sure it is a silly series... but it is worth the watch.

My Rating:

Watched: 21
Left: 23
Pete

Offline addicted2dvd

• Forum Inventory
    • View Profile
« Reply #23 on: May 21, 2013, 05:46:07 PM »

Buffy the Vampire Slayer
Season 3 Episode 12: Helpless
As Buffy's eighteenth birthday approaches she looses her slayer powers just as she must go up against a crazed vampire who has kidnapped her mother.

My Thoughts:
This is another great episode of Buffy. One I have enjoyed quite a bit every time I seen it. Though I must say it doesn't live up to the season 2 birthday episode... but it is close. I thought the test they put Buffy through was an entertaining idea. I must admit the first time I watched this episode I was pretty pissed at Giles myself.

My Rating:

Watched: 22
Left: 21
Pete

Offline addicted2dvd

• Forum Inventory
    • View Profile
« Reply #24 on: May 21, 2013, 07:17:34 PM »

Buffy the Vampire Slayer
Season 4 Episode 12: A New Man
Feeling suddenly old and useless, Giles drowns his sorrows at a pub with an old friend and sorcerer Ethan Rayne and winds up with much more than just a simple hangover the next morning.

My Thoughts:
This has never been one of my favorite episodes. I would say it is somewhere between fair and good. For one thing I never liked the character of Ethan Rayne. He is one character that really bored me. Thankfully you only see him a couple times throughout the series. Though it was fun to see Giles as a demon unable to communicate with the gang.

My Rating:

Watched: 23
Left: 21
Pete

Offline Dragonfire

• Mega Heavy Poster
    • View Profile
    • Dragonfire88 Pbwiki
« Reply #25 on: May 22, 2013, 05:54:55 AM »
I was pissed at Giles too in that episode.  And I agree...him as the demon was interesting.

I really need to start watching Buffy again ...along with so many others.  lol 

So many movies/tv shows..so little time.

Offline Jimmy

• Mega Heavy Poster
  • Yes this is me...
    • View Profile
« Reply #26 on: May 22, 2013, 06:43:04 AM »
I really need to start watching Buffy again ...along with so many others.  lol 
Watching TV serie sometimes can be fun. I sure get a memory blast since last week watching Charlie's Angels ;D

Offline addicted2dvd

• Forum Inventory
    • View Profile
« Reply #27 on: May 23, 2013, 02:22:55 AM »

Two and a Half Men
Season 7 Episode 22: This Is Not Gonna End Well
Charlie gets his license suspended so Jake becomes his driver; Alan plans to attend Chelsea's birthday party.

My Thoughts:
This is a good episode... it has a few laughs in it.

My Rating:

Watched: 24
Left: 20
Pete

Offline Dragonfire

• Mega Heavy Poster
    • View Profile
    • Dragonfire88 Pbwiki
« Reply #28 on: May 23, 2013, 05:08:38 AM »
I saw some early episodes of Bones last week...made me want to go back to those seasons..and I watched the first episode of Castle on TNT last night..now I want to go through those again too.   :laugh:

Offline addicted2dvd

• Forum Inventory
    • View Profile
« Reply #29 on: May 23, 2013, 01:39:39 PM »

Buffy the Vampire Slayer
Season 5 Episode 6: Family
Tara inadvertently puts everyone in danger when she secretly casts a spell on her friends after her family arrives in Sunnydale to celebrate her birthday.

My Thoughts:
Another good one here. Giles is told Dawn is the key. Tara finds out what she means to the rest of the group. And the whole spell gone wrong thing was fun as well.

My Rating:

Watched: 25
Left: 19
Pete