Author Topic: Addicted2dvd's 25 Days of Christmas Marathon: 2012  (Read 10271 times)

Offline addicted2dvd

• Forum Inventory
    • View Profile
Re: Addicted2dvd's 25 Days of Christmas Marathon: 2012
« Reply #45 on: December 21, 2012, 02:43:25 AM »
     Grey's Anatomy: Season 6, Episode 10: Holidaze

As Thanksgiving, Christmas and New Year's pass, Miranda gets a visit from her father, William who disapproves of her choices in life. Mark and Lexie cope with an arrival of a woman from his past. Thatcher questions the Chief's recent behavior as Meredith comes to his defense.

Stars:
Ellen Pompeo as Dr. Meredith Grey
Sandra Oh as Dr. Cristina Yang
Justin Chambers as Dr. Alex Karev
Chandra Wilson as Dr. Miranda Bailey

My Thoughts:
As you can see from the overview above... this episode covers all the holidays in the season. It is a good episode that I enjoyed quite a bit... but don't think it is the best the series has to offer.

My Rating:
Out of a Possible 5
Pete

Offline addicted2dvd

• Forum Inventory
    • View Profile
« Reply #46 on: December 21, 2012, 01:03:03 PM »
     Santa Buddies: The Legend of Santa Paws (2009/United States)
IMDb |Wikipedia |Trailer |
Walt Disney Studios Home Entertainment, Buena Vista Home Entertainment
Director:Robert Vince
Writing:Kevin Dicicco (Original Characters By), Robert Vince (Writer), Anna McRoberts (Writer), Paul Tamasy (Original Characters By), Aaron Mendelsohn (Original Characters By)
Length:89 min.
Video:Anamorphic Widescreen 1.78:1
Audio:English: Dolby Digital: 5.1, French: Dolby Digital: 5.1, Spanish: Dolby Digital: 5.1
Subtitles:English, French, Spanish

Stars:
Craig Anton as Bob
Andrew Astor as Mikey
Charisse Baker as Mural Painter
Tom Bosley as Santa Paws (Voice)
Field Cate as Buddha (Voice)
Tim Conway as Sniffer (Voice)

Plot:
Disney's irresistible talking puppies return in a heartwarming holiday adventure! Take a fantastic journey with your beloved Buddies to the magical world of the North Pole! Join Budderball, B-Dawg, Rosebud, Buddha and Mudbud in this classic Christmas tale that will have you believing in miracles. When Puppy Paws, the feisty son of Santa Paws, forgets the true meaning of the season, it's up to the Buddies to remind him that the true meaning of Christmas spirit is about things you can't wrap in a box or tie with a bow. Unleash a stockingful of Christmas cheer for you and your family with this fun-filled film, featuring never-before-seen bonus materials. It's sure to become a holiday classic!

Extras:
  • Scene Access
  • Bonus Trailers
  • Featurettes
  • Music Videos
  • Closed Captioned

My Thoughts:
I found this one to be a fun family movie. Though I do think it is more for the children then adults in this case. This one does bring a lot of recognizable stars... both in regular and voice only roles. Worth the time put in to watch it... but something you will want to watch with the kids more-so then for yourself.

My Rating:
Out of a Possible 5
Pete

Offline addicted2dvd

• Forum Inventory
    • View Profile
« Reply #47 on: December 22, 2012, 03:26:03 PM »
    Christmas Do Over (2006/United States)
Director:Catherine Cyran
Writing:Trevor Reed Cristow (Writer), Jacqueline David (Writer)
Length:90 min.

Stars:
Jay Mohr as Kevin
Daphne Zuniga as Jill
David Millbern as Todd
Adrienne Barbeau as Trudi
Tim Thomerson as Arthur
Logan Grove as Ben

Plot:
Get into the holiday spirit with Jay Mohr (Jerry Maguire) and Daphne Zuniga (TV's "Melrose Place"). When Kevin drives out of town to see his son Ben, he gets a frosty welcome from his ex and her parents. So when a blocked highway forces him to stay, he makes the worst of it! Ben wishes that every day could be Christmas. His wish comes true, forcing Kevin to relive the day over and over. Christmas Do-Over is a hilarious and heartwarming comedy that the whole family can enjoy every day.

My Thoughts:
I just watched this one on On-Demand. I have seen it before. I watched it a year or two ago... and put it on my wish list. I just never got around to getting it. I enjoyed it quite a bit and would still like to add it to my collection soon. Sure it is a rip-off of the Groundhog Day idea. but I thought this one was done well. It kept my attention from beginning to end. definitely worth the time put in to watch it.

My Rating:
Out of a Possible 5
« Last Edit: December 22, 2012, 03:27:50 PM by addicted2dvd »
Pete

Offline addicted2dvd

• Forum Inventory
    • View Profile
« Reply #48 on: December 22, 2012, 07:11:17 PM »
     Holiday In Handcuffs (2007/United States)
Gaiam
Director:Ron Underwood
Writing:Sara Endsley (Writer)
Length:100 min.
Video:Full Frame 1.33:1
Audio:English: Dolby Digital: 2-Channel Stereo
Subtitles:

Stars:
Melissa Joan Hart as Trudie Chandler
Mario Lopez as David Martin
Tim Bottoms as Dad Chandler
Markie Post as Mom Chandler
June Lockhart as Grandma
Kyle Howard as Jake Chandler

Plot:
A ne'er-do-well thirty-something (Melissa Joan Hart) attempts to appese her family by kidnapping herself an attractive boyfriend (Mario Lopez) for the family Christmas. Despite unlikely odds and dysfunctional family moments, the two fall in love and share a magical Christmas.

Extras:
  • Scene Access
  • Feature Trailers
  • Interviews

My Thoughts:
This is another one I watched on On-Demand. I mainly watched it because it has Melissa Joan Heart in it... as I always enjoyed her in Sabrina. I enjoyed this one quite a bit... but at the same time I definitely seen better. I did have a little hard time keeping interested in some of the scenes. But for the most part it is worth watching. I would like to eventually add this one to my collection... but won't be in a huge hurry to do so.

My Rating:
Out of a Possible 5
Pete

Offline addicted2dvd

• Forum Inventory
    • View Profile
« Reply #49 on: December 23, 2012, 04:08:44 PM »
     Christmas Caper (2008/United States)
Trailer |Wikipedia |IMDb |
Director:David Winkler
Writing:April Blair (Writer)
Length:88 min.
Audio:English: Dolby Digital: 5.1
Subtitles:English, Spanish

Stars:
Shannen Doherty as Cate Dove
Ty Olsson as Sheriff Hank Harrison
Conrad Coates as Clive Henry
Stephanie von Pfetten as Holly Barnes
Sonya Salomaa as Savannah Cooper
Jano Frandsen as Hamish Thurgood

Plot:
Professional thief Kate Dove (Shannen Doherty) takes refuge in her hometown after a heist goes bad. Unwittingly, she is roped into a role unfamiliar to her — babysitter to her sister's kids during the Christmas holiday. Not the most nurturing or sentimental person, Kate finds herself casing the neighborhood for her next big score. Eventually the comforts of suburban life makes her realize family and friends might be better than a life of crime.

Extras:
  • Scene Access
  • Bonus Trailers

My Thoughts:
I originally saw this one when we got it from Netflix last year. Today I watched it on On-Demand. I wanted to watch this one out mainly because I enjoyed Shannen Doherty in Charmed. I have to admit I was a little nervous about how good it would be when I read the plot for it. But after watching it I have to say I enjoyed it more then I thought I would. This one is definitely a bit of a different family Christmas movie... but it works and is a nice change of pace. I would recommend giving it a chance.

My Rating:
Out of a Possible 5
Pete

Offline addicted2dvd

• Forum Inventory
    • View Profile
« Reply #50 on: December 23, 2012, 05:37:35 PM »
      NCIS: Season 10, Episode 10: You Better Watch Out

It’s Christmas time and Tony DiNozzo can’t decide if he’ll be naughty or nice when his dad, Anthony DiNozzo, Sr., comes to town for a visit. Meanwhile, the NCIS team is “following the money” in order to solve a murder investigation, and Abby is bursting with excitement over all the holiday festivities.

Stars:
Mark Harmon as Leroy Jethro Gibbs
Michael Weatherly as Anthony "Tony" DiNozzo
Pauley Perrette as Abby Sciuto
Cote de Pablo as Ziva David
Sean Murray as Timothy McGee
David McCallum as Dr. Donald "Ducky" Mallard
Rocky Carroll as Director Leon Vance

My Thoughts:
I just watched the latest episode of NCIS... and they decided to do another Christmas episode. As usual... it was a good episode. I enjoyed it quite a bit. I especially like how Abby (my favorite character) acts on Christmas. And I always get a kick out of her goth Christmas sweaters she wears each year.

My Rating:
Out of a Possible 5
Pete

Offline addicted2dvd

• Forum Inventory
    • View Profile
« Reply #51 on: December 24, 2012, 04:46:17 PM »
     The Search For Santa Paws (2010/United States)
Walt Disney Studios Home Entertainment, Buena Vista Home Entertainment
Writing:Robert Vince (Writer), Anna McRoberts (Writer)
Length:96 min.
Audio:English: Dolby Digital: 5.1, French: Dolby Digital: 5.1, Spanish: Dolby Digital: 5.1

Stars:
Reese Alexander as Doctor
Diedrich Bader as Comet (Voice)
Sahar Biniaz as Posh Poodle Woman
Jan Boss as Newscaster
Ameko Eks Mass Carroll as Crying Child
Melody Choi as Mary

Plot:
In the tradition of Disney's classic holiday tales comes a heartwarming movie about the power of giving and the true meaning of Christmas. Discover how the legendary friendship of Santa Claus and Santa Paws began in the inspiring original film, The Search For Santa Paws.

When Santa and his new best friend, Paws, discover that the boys and girls of the world have lost the spirit of the season, they take a trip to New York City. But after Santa loses his memory, it's up to Paws, a faithful orphan named Quinn (America's Got Talent's Kaitlyn Maher), her new friend Will (The Game Plan's Madison Pettis) and a wonderful group of magical talking dogs to save St. Nick and show the world what Christmas is really all about.

This holiday, Disney invites you to meet Santa's BFF in an instant holiday classic, full of fun, adventure and a timeless message sure to delight the entire family!

Extras:
  • Scene Access
  • Bonus Trailers
  • Deleted Scenes
  • Music Videos
  • Sing-Along Mode
  • The Hucklebuckle Hero - Pop-up storybook

My Thoughts:
Decided to watch this one this morning. The first thing I noticed about this one is that it has much more music then the previous movie in the series. While there is a few songs in this one... it isn't too unbearable for me. The film itself is pretty good. I enjoyed it quite a bit. I would recommend this for a good holiday movie for the entire family. Check it out if you get the chance.

My Rating:
Out of a Possible 5
Pete

Offline addicted2dvd

• Forum Inventory
    • View Profile
« Reply #52 on: December 25, 2012, 02:19:33 AM »
      NCIS: Season 9, Episode 11: Newborn King

When a Navy captain is killed in a hotel room, NCIS must track down and protect his very pregnant companion from unknown assailants. Meanwhile, Jimmy has problems of his own when he brings his future father-in-law to work.

Stars:
Mark Harmon as Leroy Jethro Gibbs
Michael Weatherly as Anthony "Tony" DiNozzo
Pauley Perrette as Abby Sciuto
Cote de Pablo as Ziva David
Sean Murray as Timothy McGee
David McCallum as Dr. Donald "Ducky" Mallard
Rocky Carroll as Director Leon Vance

My Thoughts:
I just watched the season 9 Christmas episode of NCIS while watching the set with my brother. This was a very good episode... enjoyed every minute of it. Entertaining from beginning to the end. As always Abby was fun to watch. I also liked the whole side storyline of Jimmy showing his future Father-in-Law around NCIS... who was basically Scrooge.

My Rating:
Out of a Possible 5
Pete

Offline addicted2dvd

• Forum Inventory
    • View Profile
« Reply #53 on: December 25, 2012, 07:40:37 PM »
     Santa Paws 2: The Santa Pups (2012/United States)
IMDb |Trailer |Wikipedia |
Walt Disney Home Entertainment, Buena Vista Home Entertainment
Writing:Robert Vince (Writer), Anna McRoberts (Writer), Philip Fracassi (Writer)
Length:87 min.
Video:Widescreen 1.78:1
Audio:English: DTS-HD Master Audio: 5.1 (Matrixed 6.1), French: Dolby Digital: 5.1, Spanish: Dolby Digital: 5.1

Stars:
Obba Babatunde as Mayor Denny
Diedrich Bader as Comet (Voice)
Claire Bernier as Grace
Samantha Bleich as Taylor
Joey Bothwell as Mildred
Jay Brazeau as Judge

Plot:
An all-new Disney holiday classic is born – Santa Paws 2: The Santa Pups. Starring a brand-new litter of the cutest talking pups ever – Hope, Jingle, Charity and Noble – it's perfect for the whole family. When Mrs. Claus travels to Pineville, the playful Santa Pups stow away on her sled. Taking mischief to a whole new level, they begin granting joyful wishes to Pineville's boys and girls, but something goes terribly wrong – the Christmas spirit begins to disappear. Now the Santa Pups and Mrs. Claus must race to save Christmas around the world. From the creators of Disney's Buddies, this magical, heartwarming tale is brimming with hope, cheer and Christmas spirit.

Extras:
  • Scene Access
  • Bonus Trailers
  • Music Videos
  • Outtakes/Bloopers

My Thoughts:
While this one is enjoyable... it is my least favorite of the Santa Paws movies. It has a little too much music for my taste. Of course the dogs are the main stars of these films... but beyond them this one features Mrs. Claus the most... where the previous one focused more on Santa Claus. Over-all I would say if you liked the previous films you would probably like this one too.

My Rating:
Out of a Possible 5
Pete