Author Topic: Addicted2dvd's 25 Days of Christmas Marathon: 2012  (Read 10315 times)

Offline addicted2dvd

• Forum Inventory
    • View Profile
Re: Addicted2dvd's 25 Days of Christmas Marathon: 2012
« Reply #30 on: December 13, 2012, 01:11:07 AM »
     Santa Clause 3: The Escape Clause (2006/United States)
Wikipedia |IMDb |Trailer |
Walt Disney Home Entertainment, Buena Vista Home Entertainment
Director:Michael Lembeck
Writing:Leo Benvenuti (Original Characters By), Steve Rudnick (Original Characters By), Ed Decter (Writer), John J. Strauss (Writer)
Length:92 min.
Video:Anamorphic Widescreen 1.85:1, Full Frame 1.33:1
Audio:English: Dolby Digital: 5.1, French: Dolby Digital: Dolby Surround, Spanish: Dolby Digital: Dolby Surround, Commentary: Dolby Digital: Mono
Subtitles:English, French, Spanish

Stars:
Tim Allen as Santa/Scott Calvin
Elizabeth Mitchell as Mrs. Claus/Carol
Eric Lloyd as Charlie
Judge Reinhold as Neil Miller
Wendy Crewson as Laura Miller
Spencer Breslin as Curtis

Plot:
Tim Allen is back in the big red suit for more adventure and laughs in Disney's hilarious family comedy. Get ready for a thrilling sleigh ride as the reluctant Santa Claus faces his most chilling and hysterical challenge yet.

As Christmas nears, Scott Calvin invites his in-laws (Ann-Margret and Alan Arkin) to join the festivities. The holidays take a chaotic turn when Scott discovers a way out of his "Santa Clause" and the mischievous Jack Frost (Martin Short) puts the big freeze on Christmas' big cheese! Unless Scott can save the day, it's going to be a very chilly Frostmas at the North Pole and all around the world. Will Scott be able to get his job back in the St. Nick of time?

Celebrate the holidays with The Santa Clause 3: The Escape Clause, complete with exclusive bonus materials, including a musical Christmas Carol-oke feature. It's a gift the whole family will treasure.

Extras:
  • Scene Access
  • Audio Commentary
  • Bonus Trailers
  • Deleted Scenes
  • Featurettes
  • Music Videos
  • Outtakes/Bloopers

My Thoughts:
Just finished this one. It is one that I haven't seen in quite a while. I somehow remembered it not being as good as the previous couple. But after watching it I decided I enjoyed this just as much. I think the first part remains my favorite of the three... but this one is right up there with part 2.  Martin Short did a fine job as Jack Frost... though somehow going into it I had my doubts about him.... and wonder if someone else may have been even better in the role. Don't get me wrong, he was fine in it like I said... but I wasn't overly impressed by him either. Over-all definitely worth the time put in to watch it.

My Rating:
Out of a Possible 5
Pete

Offline addicted2dvd

• Forum Inventory
    • View Profile
« Reply #31 on: December 13, 2012, 05:14:48 PM »
     12 Days of Christmas Eve (2004/United States)
IMDb |
First Look Home Entertainment
Director:Martha Coolidge
Writing:Jean Abounader (Story By), J. B. White (Story By), J. B. White (Screenwriter)
Length:88 min.
Video:Widescreen 1.78:1
Audio:English: DTS: 5.1, English: Dolby Digital: 5.1
Subtitles:Spanish

Stars:
Steven Weber as Calvin Carter
Stefanie von Pfetten as Rhianna
Mark Krysko as Doorman
Teryl Rothery as Marilyn
Kade Philps as Eric
Vincent Gale as Drew

Plot:
Calvin Carter is a hard-charging, high-living guy who runs a hugely successful chain of discount stores. On the road to business success his family life fell apart, some associates got burned, and his employees fear him. But to play in the big leagues, you have to take some big bumps.

On Christmas Eve, while everyone else is spending the holiday with family and friends, Calvin is at work closing deals and keeping his priorities straight...money first. But on his way home later that night, Calvin meets destiny when he is hit by a falling sign. When he awakens in the hospital he is met by a no-nonsense nurse who gives him 12 days to relive Christmas Eve and find the true meaning of the holiday. With the clock ticking Calving tries to reconnect with the family and friends who give meaning to his life and recapture the true spirit of the season.

Extras:
  • Scene Access
  • Feature Trailers
  • Bonus Trailers
  • Closed Captioned

My Thoughts:
Going into this movie I had some pretty high expectations. Not a good thing going into a film for the first time. I think it was mainly because I always enjoyed the do-over storylines ala Groundhog Day. Oddly Groundhog Day is one movie I don't have in my collection yet. While an entertaining little Christmas film... I found that I was expecting more from it. Even with that said... I enjoyed it.... and want to publicly thank my friend for giving me this movie.

My Rating:
Out of a Possible 5
Pete

Offline addicted2dvd

• Forum Inventory
    • View Profile
« Reply #32 on: December 13, 2012, 08:32:34 PM »
     Single Santa Seeks Mrs. Claus (2004/)
IMDb |Wikipedia |
Goodtimes Entertainment
Director:Harvey Frost
Writing:Pamela Wallace (Writer)
Length:85 min.
Video:Full Frame 1.33:1
Audio:English: Dolby Digital: 2-Channel Stereo
Subtitles:None

Stars:
Steve Guttenberg as Nick
Crystal Bernard as Beth
Dominic Scott Kay as Jake
Thomas Calabro as Andrew
Armin Shimerman as Ernst
Sebastian Tillinger as Hennesy

Plot:
Steve Guttenberg (Three Men and a Baby), Crystal Bernard (Wings), and Thomas Calabro (Melrose Place) star in a Christmas charmer about Santa's son and his search for a wife. Nick (Guttenberg) is due to replace his retiring father, and needs a Mrs. Claus, so Santa's advisor sends him down to Southern California. There he meets Beth Sawtelle (Bernard), a workaholic whose advertising job with Andrew West (Calabro) leaves precious little timefor her son, Jake (Dominic Scott Kay). Concealing his identity, Nick stars in a series of Christmas commercials for the agency as he tries to make sure Jake and Beth both believe in Santa Claus-no easy task in her case!

Extras:
  • Scene Access
  • Bonus Trailers

My Thoughts:
This one I really enjoyed a lot. I enjoyed the storyline... I liked the cast. I basically found myself hooked from the very beginning of the movie. This one I can see myself watching every year at this time. This is a made for TV movie that originally aired on Lifetime. It is just a sweet and innocent holiday film. If you enjoy a good Christmas film this time of year I definitely recommend giving this one a chance. I don't think you will be sorry.

My Rating:
Out of a Possible 5
Pete

Offline addicted2dvd

• Forum Inventory
    • View Profile
« Reply #33 on: December 14, 2012, 12:38:35 PM »
     2 Broke Girls: Season 1, Episode 10: And the Very Christmas Thanksgiving

Caroline and Max spend Caroline's first broke holiday season working at a department store's Santaland to earn extra money.

Stars:
Kat Dennings as Max
Beth Behrs as Caroline
Jonathan Kite as Oleg
Matthew Moy as Han Lee
Garrett Morris as Earl

My Thoughts:
This is a fairly new sitcom (currently in it's second season) that I like a lot. Found I am becoming a fan of Kat Dennings. I wouldn't say this is one of the best episodes... but it is a lot of fun. It is more then worth the time put in to watch. If you never seen this series before... I definitely recommend giving it a chance... i don't think you will be sorry.

My Rating:
Out of a Possible 5
Pete

Offline addicted2dvd

• Forum Inventory
    • View Profile
« Reply #34 on: December 15, 2012, 12:47:48 AM »
     Disney's A Christmas Carol (2009/United States)
IMDb |Trailer |Wikipedia |
Walt Disney Studios Home Entertainment, Buena Vista Home Entertainment
Director:Robert Zemeckis
Writing:Charles Dickens (Original Material By), Robert Zemeckis (Screenwriter)
Length:96 min.
Video:Anamorphic Widescreen 2.40:1
Audio:English: Dolby Digital: 5.1, French: Dolby Digital: 5.1, Spanish: Dolby Digital: 5.1, Audio Descriptive: Dolby Digital: 2-Channel Stereo
Subtitles:English, French, Spanish

Stars:
Jim Carrey as Scrooge
Steve Valentine as Funerary Undertaker
Daryl Sabara as Undertaker's Apprentice
Sage Ryan
Amber Gainey Meade

Plot:
From Walt Disney Pictures comes the magical retelling of Charles Dickens' beloved tale — Disney's A Christmas Carol, the high-flying, heartwarming adventure for the whole family, starring Jim Carrey. When three ghosts take penny-pinching Scrooge on an eye-opening journey, he discovers the true meaning of Christmas. Complete with spirited bonus features, this exhilirating and touching Disney classic is destined to be part of your holiday tradition, adding sparkle and heart to all your Christmases yet to come.

Extras:
  • Scene Access
  • Bonus Trailers
  • Deleted Scenes
  • Featurettes
  • Closed Captioned

My Thoughts:
This evening we decided to watch this one. Since there was a few of us watching, we ended up watching it in the living room which means we ended up watching the DVD version since the only Blu-ray we have is in Britt's bedroom. I found we enjoyed this one quite a bit. It easily kept my interest from beginning to end... but I'm not surprised there as I have always been a fan of this story. I thought the graphics on this animated movie was fantastic. I could almost watch this one again in Britt's room so I could see it on Blu-ray. And I just might before the month is over. If you haven't had the chance to see this one yet... it is one I definitely recommend!

My Rating:
Out of a Possible 5
Pete

Offline addicted2dvd

• Forum Inventory
    • View Profile
« Reply #35 on: December 15, 2012, 07:13:07 PM »
     Christmas with the Kranks (2004/United States)
Sony Pictures Home Entertainment
Director:Joe Roth
Writing:John Grisham (Original Material By), Chris Columbus (Screenwriter)
Length:99 min.
Video:Widescreen 2.40:1, Full Frame 1.33:1
Audio:English: Dolby Digital: 5.1, French: Dolby Digital: 2-Channel Stereo
Subtitles:Chinese, English, French, Thai

Stars:
Tim Allen as Luther Krank
Jamie Lee Curtis as Nora Krank
Dan Aykroyd as Vic Frohmeyer
M. Emmet Walsh as Walt Scheel
Elizabeth Franz as Bev Scheel
Erik Per Sullivan as Spike Frohmeyer

Plot:
When their only daughter Blair leaves the family nest, Luther and Nora Krank (Tim Allen and Jamie Lee Curtis) decide to book an island cruise to beat the yuletide blues and just skip the holidays. But their decision to boycott tradition has the whole neighborhood in an uproar. When Blair calls on Christmas Eve to announce a surprise visit with her new fiancé, the Kranks have just twelve hours to perform a miracle and pull themselves and their neighbors together to throw the best celebration ever!

With fast-paced energy and support from Dan Aykroyd, Cheech Marin, Jake Busey and M. Emmet Walsh, this hilarious adaptation of John Grisham's best-selling novel, "Skipping Christmas," has become "an instant family classic!"—Gorman Woodfin, CBN

Extras:
  • Scene Access
  • Bonus Trailers
  • Closed Captioned

My Thoughts:
While I did enjoy this one... I would say it is little more then an average Christmas time comedy. It is definitely worth the time put in to watch it... but unlike a lot I have watched I really don't see myself making sure to watch it every year. Sure it is one I will watch again... just not for every Christmas marathon that I have. It does have it's moments and a couple chuckles here and there... but that is about it.

My Rating:
Out of a Possible 5
Pete

Offline Jimmy

• Mega Heavy Poster
  • Yes this is me...
    • View Profile
« Reply #36 on: December 16, 2012, 07:38:32 AM »
Pete a suggestion for your marathon. I'm sure you have seen it too when you were a kid (and probably more than once) and the price isn't too bad.

Offline addicted2dvd

• Forum Inventory
    • View Profile
« Reply #37 on: December 16, 2012, 01:08:17 PM »
I actually have it in one of the Christmas box sets that was given to me.  :)
Pete

Offline addicted2dvd

• Forum Inventory
    • View Profile
« Reply #38 on: December 17, 2012, 02:00:13 AM »
     The Big Bang Theory: Season 6, Episode 11: The Santa Simulation

Leonard leads the boys on a Christmasy version of Dungeons and Dragons, while Raj joins the girls on their night out and they try to find him a girl.

Stars:
Johnny Galecki as Leonard Hofstadter
Jim Parsons as Sheldon Cooper
Kaley Cuoco as Penny
Kunal Nayyar as Rajesh Koothrappali
Simon Helberg as Howard Wolowitz

My Thoughts:
This is a fun episode. I did enjoy it quite a bit. But I must admit that this one isn't as good as the previous Christmas episodes. Though I did get a kick out of the final scene of this one.

My Rating:
Out of a Possible 5
Pete

Offline Dragonfire

• Mega Heavy Poster
    • View Profile
    • Dragonfire88 Pbwiki
« Reply #39 on: December 17, 2012, 04:18:30 AM »
It was good.  I do agree it wasn't as good as the previous..but they will probably never top Bath Gift Hypothesis and Penny giving Sheldon the absolute best gift.

Offline addicted2dvd

• Forum Inventory
    • View Profile
« Reply #40 on: December 17, 2012, 04:29:32 AM »
yeah... think you are right there.
Pete

Offline addicted2dvd

• Forum Inventory
    • View Profile
« Reply #41 on: December 18, 2012, 12:33:35 AM »
     Christmas in Wonderland (2009/United States)
Echo Bridge Home Entertainment
Director:James Orr
Writing:Wanda Birdsong Shope (Writer), James Orr (Writer), Jim Cruickshank (Writer)
Length:99 min.
Video:Widescreen :1
Audio:English: Dolby Digital: 2-Channel Stereo, English: Dolby Digital: Dolby Surround

Stars:
Matthew Knight as Brian Saunders
Chris Kattan as Leo Cardoza
Cameron Bright as Danny Saunders
Preston Lacy as Sheldon Cardoza
Amy Schlagel as Mary Saunders
Zoe Schlagel as Mary Saunders

Plot:
It's turning out to be a pretty rotten Christmas for the Saunders family. New to Edmonton, Canada from Los Angeles, they have no friends, no money and, with the exception of bright-eyed Mary, no Christmas spirit. Worst of all, mom is stranded in L.A. by airline overbookings, so the Christmas shopping duties fall on Dad (Patrick Swayze, Powder Blue, TV's The Beast) and the kids: Danny (Cameron Bright, Twilight Saga: New Moon) Brian and Mary. Things start looking a bit more like Christmas when Brian and Mary find a hoard of cash at the local mall and launch a yuletide shopping spree...that is, until the crooks (Saturday Night Live's Chris Kattan and Carmen Electra) who counterfeited the money start chasing them down! Also starring Tim Curry.

Extras:
  • Scene Access

My Thoughts:
When I found out that I was getting this DVD from a fried the other day the first thing I did was watch the trailer for it. Going by that trailer I couldn't wait to see it. Since it arrived today Brittany and I decided to  watch it together this evening. It is a fun little film... we enjoyed it. Though I do have to say the trailer made it look quite a bit better then it actually was. Though it was still enough to keep our attention through-out the film... and definitely had it's moments with a laugh or two. It is worth the watch if you get the chance to.

My Rating:
Out of a Possible 5
Pete

Offline addicted2dvd

• Forum Inventory
    • View Profile
« Reply #42 on: December 18, 2012, 02:08:44 PM »
     Grey's Anatomy: The Complete Second Season, Episode 12: Grandma Got Run Over By a Reindeer

Cristina and Burke squabble over a young boy's heart transplant, as the interns pitch in to help Alex pass his upcoming exam and Meredith reminds Izzie about the spirit of the season.

Stars:
Ellen Pompeo as Dr. Meredith Grey
Sandra Oh as Dr. Cristina Yang
Katherine Heigl as Dr. Isobel "Izzie" Stevens
Justin Chambers as Dr. Alex Karev
T. R. Knight as Dr. George O'Malley

My Thoughts:
I have been a huge fan of Grey's Anatomy since the first time I saw the pilot episode. Probably my favorite medical drama. This episode is very good. They made Christmas a big part of the episode as well as continued the on-going storylines.

My Rating:
Out of a Possible 5
Pete

Offline addicted2dvd

• Forum Inventory
    • View Profile
« Reply #43 on: December 19, 2012, 12:14:35 AM »
     Santa Jr. (2003)
IMDb |Wikipedia |
Goodtimes Entertainment
Director:Kevin Connor
Writing:Marc Hershon (Writer)
Length:88 min.
Video:Full Frame 1.33:1
Audio:English: Dolby Digital: Dolby Surround

Stars:
Lauren Holly as Susan Flynn
Judd Nelson as Darryl Bedford
Nick Stabile as Chris Kringle, Jr.
George Wallace as Norm Potter
Ed Gale as Stan
Rodger Bumpass as Wally Fisk

Plot:
Nick Stabile (Popular) is Santa's son in a heart-warming holiday tale about the family business, starring Lauren Holly (Dumb and Dumber) and Golden Globe nominee Judd Nelson (Billionaire Boys Club). Mistaken for the "Christmas Bandit" bedeveling San Diego, Chris Kringle, Jr. is picked up by cops Darryl Bedford (Nelson) and his partner, Norm Potter (George Wallace), while trying to deliver some Yuletide gifts. He's placed under house arrest in the home of his public defender, Susan Baily (Holly), who begins to believe in the Christmas Spirit--and even tries to persuade the skeptical Darryl--but Chris sees no evidence of it. The fate of Christmas depends on his finding it, with the help of a fiesty elf named Stan (Ed Gale),in this merry and magical family feature, directed by Kevin Connor (Diane: Her True Story).

Extras:
  • Scene Access

My Thoughts:
Just finished watching this one with Brittany and my brother. Some reason I wasn't expecting too much out of this one going into it... but I enjoyed it quite a bit. It is a right fun film for the entire family. I also liked that this one stars Lauren Holly as I have become a fan of hers. I enjoyed her work on NCIS when she was on that show. This is a TV movie that originally aired on the Hallmark channel. One I recommend checking out if you get the chance.

My Rating:
Out of a Possible 5
Pete

Offline addicted2dvd

• Forum Inventory
    • View Profile
« Reply #44 on: December 20, 2012, 02:32:13 AM »
     The Brady Bunch: Season 1, Episode 12: The Voice of Christmas

Carol is all set to sing in church on Christmas when disaster strikes: she loses her voice! At the local shopping mall, a hopeful Cindy approaches Santa Claus and asks him for one gift that may be impossible to deliver - that her mother's voice be returned in time for the event.
Original Airdate: December 19, 1969

Stars:
Robert Reed as Mike Brady
Florence Henderson as Carol Brady
Ann B. Davis as Alice
Maureen McCormick as Marcia
Eve Plumb as Jan
Susan Olsen as Cindy
Barry Williams as Greg
Chris Knight as Peter
Mike Lookinland as Bobby

My Thoughts:
In the entire 5 years that The Brady Bunch was on the air we only got one Christmas episode. Which really surprises me what with it being such a family oriented show. Of course many years later we also got a Christmas reunion movie. Which I prefer much more over this episode. But I wanted to watch this episode today as I found myself in a bit of a nostalgic mood. Unfortunately this is one of my least favorite episodes of the series. I really don't know why... I just prefer most all the other episodes to this one.

My Rating:
Out of a Possible 5
Pete