Author Topic: Another DVD Care Package?  (Read 142234 times)

Offline DSig

• Heavy Poster
    • View Profile
Re: Another DVD Care Package?
« Reply #960 on: July 09, 2013, 04:57:20 AM »
I have coming from a friend...

X-Men: First Class
| Year: 2011 | 132 Min.| IMDb | Trailer/Intro

Witness the beginning of the X-Men Universe on Blu-ray! X-Men: First Class is the thrilling, eye-opening chapter you've been waiting for...packed with exclusive Blu-ray special features, including the Cerebro Interactive Mutant Tracker, Enhanced Viewing Mode, Behind-the-Scenes Production Videos, Deleted & Extended Scenes and more!

The Dark Crystal
| Year: 1982 | 93 Min.| IMDb | Trailer/Intro

Enjoy incredible footage from the Henson archives in THE DARK CRYSTAL. Travel back in time to the faraway planet of Thra. Cheer on the Mystics as they fight to overthrow the evil Skeksis and take back control of their planet! When Jen, a member of the Gelfling tribe, sets out to find the crystal's missing shard, his dangerous journey brings him face to face with monsters at every turn. Determined to restore peace to their planet, Jen will not back down! From the brilliant imagination of Jim Henson, this masterpiece of animation recounts the timeless tale of good vs. evil and has become a cult favorite of children and grown-ups alike!

The Spirit
| Year: 2008 | 108 Min.| IMDb | Trailer/Intro

ABOVE, CRIME-INFESTED STREETS a masked avenger watches. Denny Colt (Macht) was one of Central City's finest cops until bullet ended his life. Now Fate has brought him back from the beyond as The Spirit, a street-hardened hero who faces off against seductive foes and his evil archenemy, The Octopus (Jackson), whose sole mission to wipe out Spirit's beloved city in his quest for immortality, in this graphic action-thriller!
'The Dark  Crystal' what a great fun fantasy film.
Thank you
David

Offline addicted2dvd

• Forum Inventory
    • View Profile
« Reply #961 on: July 09, 2013, 05:04:37 AM »
I haven't seen The Dark Crystal in years... sure I was a teen at the time. We are talking probably a good 25 to 30 years!
Pete

Offline Dragonfire

• Mega Heavy Poster
    • View Profile
    • Dragonfire88 Pbwiki
« Reply #962 on: July 09, 2013, 06:57:28 AM »
Its been a long time since I watched it too.  I keep meaning to watch it again.  not sure why I haven't.

Offline addicted2dvd

• Forum Inventory
    • View Profile
« Reply #963 on: July 10, 2013, 06:12:19 PM »
Found out I will be getting...

Licence to Kill
| Year: 1989 | 133 Min.| IMDb | Trailer/Intro

James Bond turns renegade to hunt down a master criminal in this pulse-pounding thrill-ride that's packed with awesome stunts, subtle humour and explosive confrontations. Timothy Dalton brings urgency, charm and deadly determination to his portrayal of the superagent, who leaves the British Secret Service and begins a fierce vendetta after his friend Felix Leiter (David Hedison) is brutally attacked by drug lord Franz Sanchez (Robert Davi).
Pete

Offline addicted2dvd

• Forum Inventory
    • View Profile
« Reply #964 on: July 16, 2013, 10:03:34 PM »
Two different people giving me three new Blu-ray discs!...

Unstoppable
| Year: 2010 | 99 Min.| IMDb | Trailer/Intro

Hang on for the ride of your life as Oscar® Winner Denzel Washington* and Chris Pine (Star Trek) team up for the year's most electrifying action-thriller. A runaway train, transporting deadly, toxic chemicals, is barreling down on Scranton, Pennsylvania, and only two men can stop it: a veteran engineer (Washington) and a young conductor (Pine). Thousands of lives hang in the balance as these ordinary heroes attempt to chase down one million tons of hurtling steel and prevent an epic disaster. Helmed by visionary director Tony Scott (Man on Fire), this story inspired by true events delivers excitement and suspense that are — UNSTOPPABLE!

*Actor, Training Day, 2001; Supporting Actor, Glory, 1989.

Yes Man
| Year: 2008 | 104 Min.| IMDb | Trailer/Intro

Carl Allen has stumbled across a way to shake free of post-divorce blues and a dead-end job: embrace life and say yes to everything. Working every funny bone in his nimble body and every muscle in his hilariously mobile face, Jim Carrey plays Carl in a YEScapade about opening up to lifes possibilities - especially when those possibilities include romance with an intriguing, free-spirited musician (Zooey Deschanel). From the director of Bring It On andThe Break-Up comes an invitation to discover the comedy power of yes.

The Box
| Year: 2009 | 116 Min.| IMDb | Trailer/Intro

Push a red button on a little black box, get a million bucks cash. But there's a catch: Someone somewhere – someone you don't know – will die. Cameron Diaz and James Marsden play a couple confronted by agonizing temptation yet unaware they're part of an orchestrated and – for them and us – mind-blowing chain of events. Frank Langella also stars in this gripping sci-fi mystery thriller from director Richard Kelly (Donnie Darko) and a short story by Richard Matheson (I Am Legend).
Pete

Offline addicted2dvd

• Forum Inventory
    • View Profile
« Reply #965 on: July 17, 2013, 02:15:25 PM »
Found out last night I will be getting...

Ghost Rider
| Year: 2007 | 123 Min.| IMDb | Trailer/Intro

At night, in the presence of evil, the Rider takes over.

Johnny Blaze (Nicolas Cage) was only a teenaged stunt biker when he sold his soul to the devil (Peter Fonda). Years later, Johnny is a world-renowned daredevil by day, but at night, he becomes the Ghost Rider of Marvel Comics legend. The devil's bounty hunger, he is charged with finding evil souls on earth and bringing them to hell. But when a twist of fate brings Johnny's long-lost love (Eva Mendes) back into his life, Johnny realizes he just might have a second chance at happiness—if he can beat the devil and win back his soul. To do so he'll have to defeat Blackheart (Wes Bentley), the devil's nemesis and wayward son, whose plot to take over his father's realm with bring hell on earth—unless Ghost Rider can stop him.
Pete

Offline addicted2dvd

• Forum Inventory
    • View Profile
« Reply #966 on: July 19, 2013, 04:17:27 PM »
Just found out I will be getting...

The Karate Kid
| Year: 2010 | 140 Min.| IMDb | Trailer/Intro

When Dre Parker (Jaden Smith) and his mother (Taraji P. Henson) move from Detroit to China, Dre feels lost in a world very different from what he knows. Bullied and beaten up by some fellow students in his school, Dre is rescued by his apartment building's handyman, Mr. Han (Jackie Chan), a man who is mourning a devastating loss. Mr. Han takes pity on Dre and agrees to teach him kung fu to defend himself. Training together, teacher and student learn to trust each other, and ultimately form a friendship that heals them both.
Pete

Offline addicted2dvd

• Forum Inventory
    • View Profile
« Reply #967 on: July 19, 2013, 10:53:06 PM »

The Green Hornet
| Year: 2011 | 119 Min.| IMDb | Trailer/Intro

Britt Reid (Seth Rogen) is a slacker by day, party animal by night... until he finds a serious career that's seriously cool: crime-fighting action hero. As the Green Hornet, he teams up with gadget wiz and martial arts master Kato (Jay Chou) to take down LA's underworld. Also starring Cameron Diaz and Christoph Waltz.

Harry Potter and the Half-Blood Prince
| Year: 2009 | 154 Min.| IMDb | Trailer/Intro

Voldemort is tightening his grip on both the Muggle and wizarding worlds and Hogwarts is no longer the safe haven it once was. Harry suspects that dangers may even lie within the castle, but Dumbledore is more intent upon preparing him for the final battle that he knows is fast approaching. Together they work to find the key to unlock Voldemorts defenses and, to this end, Dumbledore recruits his old friend and colleague, Professor Horace Slughorn, whom he believes holds crucial information. Meanwhile, Harry discovers an old book marked mysteriously "This book is the property of the Half-Blood Prince" and begins to learn more about Lord Voldemort's dark past.

Betsy's Wedding
| Year: 1990 | 94 Min.| IMDb | Trailer/Intro

Betsy's Wedding is a funny, feelgood movie about a wonderfully eccentric family and their hilarious trials and tribulations. It's about everything but their daughter's wedding! Anything can and does happen when the freespirited bride-to-be casually announces her engagement, setting off a series of crazy events, including accidental meetings with the mafia, oddball romances and riotous schemes! Betsy's Wedding is the perfect hit - an irreverent story filled with all the warmth, wackiness and humor you won't want to miss!

Never seen any of these.
Pete

Offline addicted2dvd

• Forum Inventory
    • View Profile
« Reply #968 on: July 23, 2013, 01:47:16 PM »

Deadline
| Year: 2009 | 89 Min.| IMDb | Trailer/Intro

Alice (Brittany Murphy), an artist recovering from a psychological breakdown, retreats to a remote Victorian house to convalesce and focus on finishing her screenplay in time for a fast approaching deadline. When she begins hearing strange sounds and seeing apparitions, Alice searches for the source, only to find disturbing videotapes in the attic. Fascinated by her discovery, Alice digs deeper to uncover the mysterious story of the couple (Thora Birch and Marc Blucas) on the tapes, sending her on a twisting and terrifying pursuit to find out what is behind the endless mind games.

Surprisingly I never even heard of this one. Anyone here seen it? Worth the watch?
Pete

Offline addicted2dvd

• Forum Inventory
    • View Profile
« Reply #969 on: July 27, 2013, 01:54:54 AM »
Found out this evening I will be getting...

Harold and Maude
| Year: 1971 | 91 Min.| IMDb | Trailer/Intro

A classic cult film that features one of the screen's most unlikely pairs. It will defy everything you've ever seen or known about screen lovers. Bud Cort is Harold, a young man bored with wealth but interested in death. And Ruth Gordon is Maude, a wonderful old rascal who can see nothing but good intentions in the world. Hal Ashby (Coming Home, Being There) directed from Colin Higgins' (Foul Play) first script. An outrageously funny and affecting film that proves love has no boundaries. Cat Stevens provides an uplifting musical score.
Pete

Offline addicted2dvd

• Forum Inventory
    • View Profile
« Reply #970 on: July 29, 2013, 02:03:29 PM »

Unsolved Mysteries: UFO's
| Year: 1987 | 618 Min.| IMDb | Trailer/Intro

26 episodes in a 4-disc collection featuring the best Unsolved Mysteries segments about UFO's.

Explore the paranormal with host Robert Stack in this collection of the best of Unsolved Mysteries—UFO's. Dozens of crop circles, up to 100 feet across, are being carved in the countryside. Are they a freak of nature or UFO landing pads? Did life on Earth begin on Mars? A startling new theory emerges. Roswell and Area 51...UFO crash site or government cover-up? Judge for yourself as host Robert Stack takes you behind the scenes of these and other best of the unexplained alien encounters.

Episodes:
1. Bentwaters UFO
2. Allagash Abductions
3. Crop Circles
4. Phoenix UFO
5. Nazca Lines
6. Mexico UFO
7. Vancouver Lights
8. Roswell
9. Roswell/Area 51 Connection
10. Hudson Valley UFO
11. Belgian UFO
12. Falcon Lake UFO
13. UFO Healing
14. Austrailian UFO
15. Missing Time
16. Socorro Close Encounter
17. Kecksburg UFO
18. Texas UFO
19. Face On Mars
20. Men in Black
21. Canadian UFO
22. Wheatfields Visitations
23. Life on Mars
24. Interceptors
25. The Blob
26. UFO Odyssey

Unsolved Mysteries: Bizarre Murders
| Year: 2004 | 373 Min.| IMDb | Trailer/Intro

A 4-disc collection featuring the best Unsolved Mysteries segments about bizarre murders.

Featuring crime stories torn from the headlines, Unsolved Mysteries-Bizarre Murders takes you behind the police tape, into the forensics labs and beyond...to investigate some of the most infamous murder cases of our time. These are the incredible but true stories that made Unsolved Mysteries part of America's secret weapon for catching some of society's most dangerous criminals.

Episodes:
1. Cop Killer
2. Boston Strangler II
3. Texas Most Wanted
4. Trailer Terror
5. Bad Chief
6. Marie Hilley
7. Journalist's Murder
8. Scared to Death
9. Murdered Heiress
10. Unicorn's Secret
11. Womens Prison Killing
12. Skull Duggery
13. Backyard Bones
14. World Leaders
15. Burning Bed
16. Mistake Hit
17. Friends to the End
18. Whistle Blown
19. Richards Rampage
20. Plane Crash Sabotage
21. Burned Evidence
22. Jesse James Hollywood
23. Two Mary Murders
24. Bordello Murders
25. Campus Murder Exposed
26. Dakotas Double Death
27. Margo Freshwater
28. Zodiac/Unabomber Story
29. The Other Intern
30. Social Security Murder
31. Civil Rights Murders
32. Campus Calamity
Pete

Offline DSig

• Heavy Poster
    • View Profile
« Reply #971 on: July 29, 2013, 04:48:51 PM »
Found out this evening I will be getting...

Harold and Maude
| Year: 1971 | 91 Min.| IMDb | Trailer/Intro

A classic cult film that features one of the screen's most unlikely pairs. It will defy everything you've ever seen or known about screen lovers. Bud Cort is Harold, a young man bored with wealth but interested in death. And Ruth Gordon is Maude, a wonderful old rascal who can see nothing but good intentions in the world. Hal Ashby (Coming Home, Being There) directed from Colin Higgins' (Foul Play) first script. An outrageously funny and affecting film that proves love has no boundaries. Cat Stevens provides an uplifting musical score.
This one is and has been on my top list.  Ruth Gordon was great in this.  First saw her in Rosemary's Baby and then the next year or so in "Harold and Maude".  I was hooked an looked for other things she was in.  A great talent and so glad she was brought to my attention.

Thank you
David

Offline addicted2dvd

• Forum Inventory
    • View Profile
« Reply #972 on: July 29, 2013, 04:56:21 PM »
For the life of me I can't remember if I ever seen that film before or not.
Pete

Offline DSig

• Heavy Poster
    • View Profile
« Reply #973 on: July 29, 2013, 04:58:48 PM »
Then my bet is that you haven't. 
Thank you
David

Offline addicted2dvd

• Forum Inventory
    • View Profile
« Reply #974 on: July 31, 2013, 06:45:40 PM »

Howard the Duck
| Year: 1986 | 110 Min.| IMDb | Trailer/Intro

One of the most talked-about movies of all time, Howard the Duck, lands on DVD for the first time ever in an all-new Special Edition!

From executive producer George Lucas and the pages of Marvel Comics comes this unbelievably funny comedy about a fast-talking, cigar-chomping, beer-loving duck from a parallel universe who crashes to Earth. Featuring brand-new bonus features, a digitally remastered picture and new 5.1 surround sound, Howard the Duck Special Edition is a hidden treasure the whole family can enjoy.

I never had the chance to see this one... but heard a lot about it. And after all I heard... I am both curious and dreading watching this one!  :laugh:
Pete