Author Topic: Another DVD Care Package?  (Read 143574 times)

Offline addicted2dvd

• Forum Inventory
    • View Profile
Re: Another DVD Care Package?
« Reply #930 on: April 30, 2013, 01:25:54 AM »
Found out about some more of my Birthday presents today. A very generous friend is sending me...

Reno 911!: Reno's Most Wanted Uncensored
| Year: 2006 | 154 Min.| IMDb | Trailer/Intro

Roll with Reno's finest deputies as they stumble through their favorite mishaps and misadventures in this compilation of the very best of Reno 911!

Reno 911!: The Complete Fourth Season
| Year: 2006 | 308 Min.| IMDb | Trailer/Intro

The officers of the Reno, Nevada's Sheriff's department are back with a fourth season of 'Reno 911!' that's full of murder, intrigue, and a disturbingly (and mysteriously) pregnant Officer Wiegel. From committing election fraud to donning hot pink uniforms and blowing up various large items, the officers give their all in every episode after gloriously inept episode.

Reno 911!: The Complete Fifth Season
| Year: 2008 | 352 Min.| IMDb | Trailer/Intro

The deputies of Reno 911! are back with their most ridiculous season yet, with sixteen episodes that'll leave your stewed, screwed, and tattooed. In this fifth season, Wiegel meets her real daddy, the department hires a former sex slave worker, and the team takes on a badass bounty hunter. With their failed stings and constant drinking problems, they'll prove to you that they have exactly what it takes to be cops: badges.

Reno 911!: The Complete First Season
| Year: 2003 | 337 Min.| IMDb | Trailer/Intro

Partner up with Reno, Nevada's biggest little police force! Join the officers of Reno 911! they attempt to keep the streets safe - mainly from themselves. This first season brings some of their best moments, from accidentally destroying evidence to easing the pains of midget conflict to corralling an ill-tempered mime. These peacekeepers know the finer points of law enforcement - and they won't hesitate to beat you with your own shoe.

Reno 911!: The Complete Second Season
| Year: 2004 | 340 Min.| IMDb | Trailer/Intro

The deputies of Reno 911! are back with a second season even more absurd than the first. Whether they're working security for Kenny Rogers, fighting to save their mustaches, or hunting down an uppity Milkshake Man, the Reno Sheriff's Department do their jobs with glorious incompetence that is luckily caught on camera week after humiliating week.

Reno 911! The Complete Third Season
| Year: 2005 | 278 Min.| IMDb | Trailer/Intro

Buckle up for another ride with the deputies of Reno, Nevada's Sheriff's Department in this third season DVD of the hit Comedy Central series. From a stint in prison to an accidental cat killing to close encounters of the SARS kind, you can expect nothing but foolish choices and utter mediocrity from these hapless law enforcers!

Though I will say she tortured the heck out of me before letting me know she was sending them.

I never seen this series before. Any good?
Pete

Offline addicted2dvd

• Forum Inventory
    • View Profile
« Reply #931 on: May 04, 2013, 07:37:04 PM »
Found out I will be getting...

Aqua Teen Hunger Force: Volume One
| Year: 2002 | 187 Min.| IMDb | Trailer/Intro

The simple version: This is the story of Master Shake, Frylock and Meatwad: teens who live together, unsupervised, somewhere near the Jersey shore. Carl, their next door neighbor, has an above-ground pool and an attitude.

The complicated version: This is a story of mysteries, neighborhood conflicts, aliens, mad scientists, rabbits, robots, rabbit robots, robot rabbits, perms, cologne, heavy metal, haunted school buses, giant moths, mold with a generous heart, Dracula, road trips, removable brains, and of course, leprechauns.

And that's only the beginning.

Aqua Teen Hunger Force: Volume Two
| Year: 2002 | 150 Min.| IMDb | Trailer/Intro

Sent:      Wednesday, January 21, 2004  8:40 AM
To:      Resnick, Erik, Willis, Dave
Cc:      Escobedo, Jacob, Marks, Amanda
Subject:      Re: ATHF V.2

Food products living in New Jersey go out of their minds crazy as hell.

I forgot to add "as hell."  This is the copy taht should be on the back.  I
haven't discussed this with Dave yet but I feel like he would either agree or
disagree.

I will take no calls on this matter.  I'm busy.

Another series I have heard of.... but never seen a single episode of.
Pete

Offline addicted2dvd

• Forum Inventory
    • View Profile
« Reply #932 on: May 06, 2013, 08:31:05 PM »
Since  I don't have any idea what so ever... I am asking this on all the forums I frequent.

Who is the generous person that went onto my online wishlist and sent me...

My Babysitter's a Vampire: The First Season
| Year: 2011 | 285 Min.

See how the adventures began as Ethan (Matthew Knight) and Benny (Atticus Dean Mitchell) join forces with  "babe-o-sitter" and fledgling vampire Sarah (Vanessa Morgan) in this 3-disc set of the original movie and all 13 Season One episodes! When his parents insist on hiring a babysitter, high school freshman Ethan worries about his already precarious image. But when he learns the truth about Sarah's mission to save the world from her blood-sucking ex-boyfriend, Ethan also discovers spooky realities about his sleepy hometown – and his own secret powers. Mysterious, fun and exciting, My Babysitter's a Vampire follows the adventures of a group of friends taking on zombies, demons, ghosts and other high school challenges.

1. Lawn Of The Dead
2. Three Cheers For Evil
3. Friday Night Frights
4. Blue Moon
5. Blood Drive
6. Doug The Vampire Hunter
7. Guys & Dolls
8. Double Negative
9. Smells Like Trouble
10. Die, Pod!
11. The Brewed
12. Three Geeks & A Demon
13. Revamped

I put this set onto my Invelos wishlist about a week ago out of pure curiosity. Never seen the show before.... but being about vampires there is a good chance I will like it.

I found this set in my mail... brand new and sealed... without a return address... and the only slip of paper that was in it just said...

Happy Birthday!
Enjoy your gift!

A Friend

So who is it that I have to thank? Whoever you are please know I appreciate it. :)

:thanks:
Pete

Offline addicted2dvd

• Forum Inventory
    • View Profile
« Reply #933 on: May 13, 2013, 02:42:43 PM »
Here is a couple more I just found out a friend will be sending me...

Shaun the Sheep: Season 1
| Year: 2010 | 280 Min.

The complete first season of Shaun the Sheep™ is here – 40 episodes loaded with mischief, mayhem and plenty of Naughty Pigs! Join Shaun and his barnyard buddies, Bitzer, Shirley, Timmy, and more as they deliver a flock-load of wacky shenanigans from the farm. From bath time to party time and everything in between, the entire family will love this collection filled with sheepish delight!

Shaun the Sheep: Season 2
| Year: 2009 | 280 Min.

The complete second season of Shaun the Sheep™ has arrived with 40 hilarious episodes of woolly shenanigans! The Oscar®-winning* creator of Wallace & Gromit™ strikes again with the mischievous barnyard antics of Shaun, Bitzer, Shirley, Timmy, and those naughty Pigs next door. From fancy wheels and outrageous deals to foxy crimes and Christmas time, there's something for everyone in this fun-filled collectible gift set of must-have treats the whole family will love!

*2005, Animated Feature Film – Nick Park and Steve Box, Wallace & Gromit: The Curse of the Were-Rabbit

Yet another series I have heard of but never seen.
Pete

Offline addicted2dvd

• Forum Inventory
    • View Profile
« Reply #934 on: May 15, 2013, 08:02:06 PM »
How about a little help for me here... A friend at another forum posted this...

Well, I've been sorting out my DVD/Blu collection, weeding out the DVDs that have been upgraded to Blu or just better DVD releases.

So, I thought, what better way to enjoy the experience than to give Addy some for his birthday, that he needs for his collection, but...not without providing some birthday torture of my own.   :devil:

So without further ado, Addy, your first birthday torture riddle from the Dark Knight:

I was sorting the collection last mid-nite
When my owl-like eyes spotted a motion
I almost squeled with fright
But the thought gave me a notion
Would Addy like these silky smooth delights
Like a pirateship on a calm ocean?

Can anyone help me with what that riddle is about?
Pete

Offline addicted2dvd

• Forum Inventory
    • View Profile
« Reply #935 on: May 16, 2013, 04:54:44 PM »
Found out I will be getting...

Watchmen: The Complete Motion Comic
| Year: 2008 | 325 Min.| IMDb | Trailer/Intro

Watched any great books lately? Now you can. The most celebrated graphic novel of all time that broke the conventional mold continues to break new ground. Watchmen co-creator and illustrator Dave Gibbons oversees this digital version of the graphic novel that adds limited motion, voice and sound to the books strikingly drawn panels. All 12 chapters of the story are here – over 5 hours spanning everything from the mysterious demise of the Comedian to the crisscrossed destinies of loosely allied superheroes to their fateful impact on the world. Be in the know. Be watching. With Watchmen: The Complete Motion Comic.
Pete

Offline addicted2dvd

• Forum Inventory
    • View Profile
« Reply #936 on: May 16, 2013, 10:08:46 PM »
Found out I will also be getting...

Watchmen: Tales of the Black Freighter
| Year: 2009 | 26 Min.| IMDb | Trailer/Intro

They're in the book. And on this disc. From the director of Watchmen and 300 come two tales from the celebrated graphic novel that do not appear in the extraordinary Watchmen Theatrical Feature. Tales of the Black Freighter (featuring the voice of 300's Gerard Butler) brings to strikingly animated life the novels richly layered story-within-a-story, a daring pirate saga whose turbulent events may mirror those in the Watchmens world. Stars from the Watchmen movie team in the amazing live-action/CGI Under the Hood, based on Nite Owl's powerful first-hand account of how the hooded adventurers came into existence. Two fan-essential stories. One place to watch the excitement. Watching the Watchmen begins here.
Pete

Offline addicted2dvd

• Forum Inventory
    • View Profile
« Reply #937 on: May 19, 2013, 04:31:50 PM »
I will admit that this one surprised me some... A friend of mine told me that they bought some Combo sets... and she has no use for the the DVD in the sets... so is going to give me some of them... Here is what I know about so far... and there will be more...

Abraham Lincoln: Vampire Hunter
| Year: 2012 | 105 Min.| IMDb | Trailer/Intro

The blood-pumping action and special effects in this edgy, action-packed thriller from filmmakers Tim Burton and Timur Bekmambetov (director of Wanted) are even more spectacular on Blu-ray™! Included is an exclusive graphic novel prequel about the origins of vampires in America, a featurette about the axe-fighting choreography, and much more. Abraham Lincoln (Benjamin Walker) becomes history's greatest hunter of the undead as he sets out to pulverize the bloodthirsty killers one by one in an epic fight for vengeance and survival!

Cloudy with a Chance of Meatballs
| Year: 2009 | 90 Min.| IMDb | Trailer/Intro

When Flint Lockwood's (Bill Hader) latest contraption accidentally destroys the town square and rockets up into the clouds, he thinks his inventing career is over. Then something amazing happens as delicious cheeseburgers start raining from the sky. His machine actually works! But when people greedily ask for more and more food, the machine starts to run amok, unleashing spaghetti tornadoes and giant meatballs that threaten the world! Now it's up to Flint, with the help of weather girl Sam Sparks (Anna Faris) and Steve, his talking monkey assistant, to find some way to shut down the machine before the world is covered in super-sized meatballs!

Superman: Unbound
| Year: 2013 | 75 Min.| IMDb | Trailer/Intro

An unstoppable android on the horizon. A msyterious fireball hurtling toward Earth. a fearless – and beautiful – reporter who'll stop at nothing to get her story. It's just another day for the heroic Man of Steel...only this time, for better or for worse, he has this unpredictable cousin, Supergirl, by his side. The gritty adventure begins as Superman learns about the ruthless force known as Brainiac, who has seized and miniaturized Krypton's capital city of Kandor. Determined to liberate the captured metropolis and protect his home planet from Brainiac's increasing power, Superman takes on his most menacing enemy yet in this DC Universe animated original movie based on the gripping comic book miniseries.

Lincoln
| Year: 2012 | 150 Min.| IMDb | Trailer/Intro

From DreamWorks, Steven Spielberg directs two-time Academy Award® winner Daniel Day-Lewis (Best Actor, There Will Be Blood, 2007, and My Left Foot, 1989) in Lincoln—with an all-star ensemble cast including Sally Field, Tommy Lee Jones and Joseph Gordon-Levitt. This inspiring and revealing drama focuses on the 16th President's tumultuous final four months in office as this visionary leader pursues a course of action to end the Civil War, unite the country and abolish slavery. Complete with never-before-seen footage featuring Steven Spielberg and the cast, who take you deep inside the making of the movie, Lincoln sheds light on a man of moral courage and fierce determination.
Pete

Offline addicted2dvd

• Forum Inventory
    • View Profile
« Reply #938 on: May 19, 2013, 08:19:46 PM »
Some more my friend is sending me from the combo sets....

Paprika
| Year: 2006 | 90 Min.| IMDb | Trailer/Intro

Prepare to enter the realm of fantasy and imagination - where reality and dreams collide in a kaleidoscopic mindscape of sheer visual genius. The magical tale centers on a revolutionary machine that allows scientists to enter and record a subject's dream. After it is stolen, a fearless detective and brilliant therapist join forces to recover the device before it falls into the hands of a "dream terrorist" in this gripping anime thriller from acclaimed director Satoshi Kon.

Silver Linings Playbook
| Year: 2012 | 122 Min.| IMDb | Trailer/Intro

Pat Solatano (Bradley Cooper) has lost everything—his house, his job and his wife. He finds himself living back with his mother (Jacki Weaver) and father (Robert De Niro) after spending 8 months in a state institution on a plea bargain. While rebuilding his life, Pat is determined to remain positive and reunite with his wife despite the challenging circumstances of their separation. When Pat meets Tiffany (Academy Award® Winner Jennifer Lawrence), a mysterious girl with problems of her own, things get complicated. As their relationship plays out, an unexpected bond forms between them, and silver linings appear in both of their lives.

The Sorcerer and the White Snake
| Year: 2011 | 93 Min.| IMDb | Trailer/Intro

Jet Li stars as a sorcerer monk in this epic special effects fantasy film based ona Chinese legend. The story centers around a man who falls in love with a thousand-year-old white snake disguised as a woman. Discovering the white snake's true identity, the sorcerer goes to battle believing that in so doing, he is restoring balance and order between man and the supernatural.

Life of Pi
| Year: 2012 | 123 Min.| IMDb | Trailer/Intro

Embark on the adventure of a lifetime in this visual masterpiece from Oscar® winner Ang Lee*, based on the best-selling novel. After a cataclysmic shipwreck, young Pi Patel finds himself stranded on a lifeboat with the only other survivor – a ferocious Bengal tiger named Richard Parker. Bound by the need to survive, the two are cast on an epic journey that must be seen to be believed.

*Directing, Brokeback Mountain, 2005
« Last Edit: May 19, 2013, 08:25:11 PM by addicted2dvd »
Pete

Offline addicted2dvd

• Forum Inventory
    • View Profile
« Reply #939 on: May 21, 2013, 01:42:44 AM »
Found out I have on the way...

ParaNorman
| Year: 2012 | 93 Min.| IMDb | Trailer/Intro

From the makers of Coraline comes the story of Norman, a boy who must use his ability to see and speak with the dead to save his town from a centuries-old curse.
In addition to spooky zombies, he'll also have to take on mysterious ghosts, wily witches and, worst of all, clueless grown-ups. But this young ghoul whisperer will soon find his paranormal abilities pushed to their otherwordly limits. Featuring the voice  talents of Kodi Smit-McPhee, Anne Kendrick, Casey Affleck, Christopher Mintz-Plasse, Leslie Mann, Jeff Garlin and John Goodman, it's  a frightfully funny and magically thrilling adventure for the whole family in eye-popping stop-motion.

Thor: Tales of Asgard
| Year: 2011 | 77 Min.| IMDb | Trailer/Intro

Before he ever lifted his mighty hammer...Fantastic journeys beckon from the mysterious nine realms. Places of dark mists and fiery voids. Of winged creatures and giants in the ice. And of the most alluring quest of all - the search for the legendary Lost Sword of Surtur. Hungry for adventure, Thor secretly embarks on the journey of a lifetime, joined by his loyal brother Loki, whose budding sorcery equips him with just enough magic to conjure up trouble, along with the Warriors Three - a band of boastful travelers reluctant to set sail on any adventure that might actually be dangerous. But what starts out as a harmless treasure hunt quickly turns deadly, and Thor must now prove himself worthy of the destiny he covets by saving Asgard itself.

TRON: Legacy
| Year: 2010 | 125 Min.| IMDb | Trailer/Intro

Disney presents a high-tech motion picture unlike anything you've ever seen.  Immerse yourself in the digital world of TRON, as celebrated actor Jeff Bridges stars in a revolutionary visual effects adventure beyond imagination.

When Flynn, the world's greatest video game creator, sends out a secret signal from an amazing digital realm, his son discovers the clue and embarks on a personal journey to save his long-lost father.  With the help of the fearless female warrior Quorra, father and son venture through an incredible cyber universe and wage the ultimate battle of good versus evil.

Bring home an unrivaled entertainment experience with TRON: Legacy in stunning Blu-ray High Definition – complete with never-before-seen bonus features that take you even deeper into the phenomenal world of TRON.

Frankenweenie
| Year: 2012 | 87 Min.| IMDb | Trailer/Intro

From Disney and creative genius Tim Burton (Alice In Wonderland, The Nightmare Before Christmas) comes the hilarious and offbeat, Frankenweenie, a heartwarming tale about a boy and his dog. After unexpectedly losing his beloved dog Sparky, young Victor harnesses the power of science to bring his best friend back to life – with just a few minor adjustments. He tries to hide his home-sewn creation, but when Sparky gets out, Victor's fellow students, teachers and the entire town learn that getting a new "leash on life" can be monstrous. Complete with electrifying bonus features, Frankenweenie is alive with enchanting fun for the whole family.

Wreck-It Ralph
| Year: 2012 | 101 Min.| IMDb | Trailer/Intro

Prepare for adventure when "the most original animated film in years" (Bryan Erdy, CBS-TV) that thrilled audiences of all ages drops on DVD! From Walt Disney Animation Studios comes a hilarious, arcade game-hopping journey in Disney's Wreck-It Ralph.

For decades, Ralph has played the bad guy in his popular video game. In a bold move, he embarks on an action-packed adventure and sets out to prove to everyone that he is a true hero with a big heart. As he explores exciting new worlds, he teams up with some unlikely new friends including feisty misfit Vanellope von Schweetz. Then, when an evil army threatens their world, Ralph realizes he holds the fate of the entire arcade in his massive hands.

Featuring an all-star voice cast and a groundbreaking animated short film, Disney's Wreck-It Ralph has something for every player. Bring home the ultimate reward on Disney DVD!
Pete

Offline addicted2dvd

• Forum Inventory
    • View Profile
« Reply #940 on: May 23, 2013, 02:36:57 PM »
The Phantom from 10,000 Leagues
| Year: 1955 | 72 Min.| IMDb | Trailer/Intro

Oceanographer Ted Stevens (Kent Taylor) meets Bill Grant (Rodney Bell), government investigator, at the scene of another beach murder caused by a hideous sea monster that stands guard over a glowing underwater Uranium mine.

Meanwhile marine biologist Professor King, who created the monster in his laboratory, is being pursued by a beautiful femme fatale who is blackmailing or killing everyone in sight in an effort to acquire King's top secret files for the Russians.

The Phantom From 10,000 Leagues is an often dreamlike, comically surreal study in paranoid '50s sociology. It provides an insightful time capsule of attitudes prevalent at the time.

When first released, The Phantom From 10,000 Leagues shared a double bill with Roger Corman's first sci-fi film The Day The World Ended. It was released by American Releasing Corp., an organization that evolved into American International Pictures, a company long associated with monsters, Rock N' Roll, juvenile delinquents and beach parties.
Pete

Offline addicted2dvd

• Forum Inventory
    • View Profile
« Reply #941 on: June 22, 2013, 02:11:27 AM »
I just found out a friend of mine is sending me some Marilyn Monroe movies... I am getting...

Gentlemen Prefer Blondes
| Year: 1953 | 97 Min.| IMDb | Trailer/Intro

Gentlemen may prefer blondes, but this blonde bombshell prefers diamonds, and lots of them! Glamorous showgirl Marilyn sets sail for France, intent on marrying a rich, yet boring, beau. But anything can -- and does -- happen with the beautiful and fun-loving Jane Russell acting as chaperone. From celebrated director Howard Hawks, this musical comedy classic features Marilyn's signature rendition of the hit show tune "Diamonds Are a Girl's Best Friend."

How to Marry a Millionaire
| Year: 1953 | 105 Min.| IMDb | Trailer/Intro

Marilyn delivers one of the finest comedic performances of her career in this outrageously funny film co-starring Betty Grable and Lauren Bacall! Three beautiful models plan to snag rich husbands by pooling their funds and renting a posh Manhattan penthouse in which to lure their victims. What follows is a series of near-marital mishaps where love prevails over money, proving that even gold-diggers sometimes have hearts of gold!

There's No Business Like Show Business
| Year: 1954 | 118 Min.| IMDb | Trailer/Intro

Marilyn Monroe and an all-star cast are featured in Irving Berlin's tuneful depiction of the trials and triumphs of a veteran vaudeville family. The talented Donahue family has plenty of love to get them through the hard times - that is, until they cross paths with a rising starlet (Monroe) whose own ambitions may make or break them. Co-starring Ethel Merman and Donald O'Connor, this delightful classic delivers dazzling production numbers and masterful show tunes!

River of No Return
| Year: 1954 | 95 Min.| IMDb | Trailer/Intro

After his wife dies, Matt Calder (Robert Mitchum) and his young son begin a new life in the breathtaking, rugged Northwest wilderness, where Matt is robbed and beaten by ruthless gambler Harry Weston (Rory Calhoun).  When Weston's beautiful fiancee (Marilyn Monroe) then decides to nurse Calder back to health, the insanely jealous Weston risks their lives by taking them all on a ride down a treacherous river.

The Misfits
| Year: 1961 | 125 Min.| IMDb | Trailer/Intro

Expertly directed by John Huston (The Maltese Falcon) from a screenplay by Pulitzer Prize winner Arthur Miller, The Misfits is a "probing, exciting drama" (Film Daily) of honesty, intensity and sheer poetic brilliance.

Divorced and disillusioned, Roslyn Tabor (Marilyn Monroe) befriends a group of "misfits," including an aging cowboy (Clark Gable), a heartbroken mechanic (Eli Wallach) and a worn-out rodeo rider (Montgomery Clift). Through their live-for-the-moment lifestyle, Roslyn experiences her first taste of freedom, exhilaration and passion. But when her innocent idealism clashes with their hard-edged practicality, Roslyn must risk losing their friendship...and the only true love she's ever known.
Pete

Offline DSig

• Heavy Poster
    • View Profile
« Reply #942 on: June 23, 2013, 06:02:12 PM »
"The Misfits" and "River of No Return", I think, show that Marilyn was actually becoming a pretty good actress.  Of course for me she was also very very good in "Gentlemen Prefer Blonde's" and "How to Marry a Millionaire".
Thank you
David

Offline Dragonfire

• Mega Heavy Poster
    • View Profile
    • Dragonfire88 Pbwiki
« Reply #943 on: June 23, 2013, 09:08:59 PM »
I saw The River of No Return before...it is good.  My mom and step dad have the DVD now. 

Offline Piffi

• Heavy Poster
    • View Profile
« Reply #944 on: June 24, 2013, 09:29:22 PM »
Is it just me or have most of the covers (icons or what you call'em) disappeared? I see it here, and i saw it alot with me aswell. Mostly invelos icons. So is just me that have that issue? (if thats the case, np) or does anyone else got the same issue?
Thanks
We'll Always Have Paris.

Thomas