Author Topic: Larry Crowne  (Read 1994 times)

Offline Dragonfire

• Mega Heavy Poster
    • View Profile
    • Dragonfire88 Pbwiki
Larry Crowne
« on: July 08, 2011, 08:26:10 AM »
I'm going to say right from the start that this one isn't a typical summer big blockbuster type movie.  It isn't going to appeal to everyone.  The story is fairly simple, but I thought it was sweet and entertaining overall.  Some scenes do drag a bit, but that didn't bother me too much overall.  Most of the ones that were a little slower and less interesting were scenes in the speech class when they had to do speeches.  The fact that the speeches weren't that interesting is believable because I remember not being interested in the speeches when I had to take speech.  At least they didn't have to do longer speeches like I did. 

There is humor in the movie, though it isn't a hilarious comedy.  There are a few moments that are really funny.  The characters have some issues, especially Mercedes, but again, they seem believable and they end up being likable overall.  The cast is great and I do like Tom Hanks and Julia Roberts in their parts.  I really like that Larry is interested in a woman close to his age instead of chasing after the ones young enough to be his daughter.

I did enjoy this one, but I know it isn't going to appeal to everyone.  It just has a sweet, if somewhat simple story.   

I did get a review posted on Epinions if anyone wants to take a look.

Larry Crowne