Author Topic: Such is my luck!  (Read 1963 times)

Offline addicted2dvd

• Forum Inventory
    • View Profile
Such is my luck!
« on: October 20, 2010, 10:46:40 PM »
Of course with my luck this would happen.

As I mentioned in a thread before a friend sent me a box of DVDs I can use for Birthday and Christmas presents for Brittany. In this box I got some DVDs of Fraggle Rock. Well she spotted one sitting on my desk So I told her that it was sent to her to see if she would like it. And what does she tell me? "I saw that show on Hub... and Yuck! I can't stand that show!"

So what do I end up with... someone that does not like music...

Fraggle Rock: Where it all Began
Beginnings:
Gobo's Uncle Traveling Matt discovers a way to leave Fraggle Rockā„¢ and venture out into our world -- a land he calls Outer Space. Thus begins the adventures of Gobo, Mokey, Wembley, Boober, and Red. Marjory the Trash Heap, sees it as trouble.

Wembley and the Gorgs:
The giant Gorgs, who claim to be rulers of the universe, capture Wembley Fraggle and enslave him. Gobo, Red, Mokey and Boober form a rescue party but soon need rescuing themselves.

BONUS EPISODES
* Let the Water Run
* Pingu Is Introduced
Fraggle Rock: Dance Your Cares Away
Boober Gorg:
After being hit on the head by a radish, Boober thinks he's a Gorg! Determined to protect the Gorgs' radishes, he joins forces with the giants to capture his Fraggle friends!

Blanket of Snow, Blanket of Woe:
When Mokey forgets to cover Marjory the Trash Heap before the first snowfall, Marjory freezes solid! With help fron Boober and the Gorgs, Mokey keeps her promise to make things right!

Inspector Red:
Who stole the ancient Fragglehorn? Red plays detective to solve the strange and bizarre mystery. Which of the suspects is guilty? Would a guilty Fraggle let an innocent Fraggle take the rap?
Fraggle Rock: Complete First Season
From a fun-loving group of furry subterranean creatures cam: millions of fans, 100 original songs, 96 total episodes, 5 seasons, but only one First Season Boxed Set.

Dance your cares away with the complete first season of Fraggle Rock. Featuring all 24 episodes - never before available on DVD! Filled with all the Fraggley fun you've been waiting for. Share in the music and memories that have kept fans rockin' for more than twenty years!

So save your worries for another day and experience 715 minutes of frag-tastic fun in the ultimate Fraggle Rock collection.

My niece has a couple of young kids... I think I will see if she wants them for her kids. But she may not since she wouldn't let me give them Britt's old Barney stuff. :P
Pete

Offline Kathy

• Super Heavy Poster
    • View Profile
Re: Such is my luck!
« Reply #1 on: October 20, 2010, 11:03:31 PM »
But...but...I thought you always watched a DVD if it was sent to you.  :tease:

I'll give you an out though Pete...I did send them to Brit and not you.  :friends:

Offline addicted2dvd

• Forum Inventory
    • View Profile
« Reply #2 on: October 20, 2010, 11:05:13 PM »
Which of course is the same out I was going to use!  ;D

But who knows.. if my niece don't take them maybe I will pop one in to see what it is like. :P
Pete

Offline Dragonfire

• Mega Heavy Poster
    • View Profile
    • Dragonfire88 Pbwiki
« Reply #3 on: October 21, 2010, 01:53:41 AM »
Fraggle Rock is a cute show.

Offline addicted2dvd

• Forum Inventory
    • View Profile
« Reply #4 on: October 21, 2010, 01:57:21 AM »
But for someone that don't like music? :P
Pete

Najemikon

« Reply #5 on: October 21, 2010, 08:51:19 PM »
I don't remember it having that much music, Pete. Probably a song or two per show? Aside from the awesome theme of course.

I watched it for the Uncles travels and the Doozers. Oh and that bloody brilliant dog. :thumbup:

I wish I understood where this music thing comes from, Pete! There are so many styles I didn't think it was possible to dislike "music". But then it isn't even a dislike, is it? It seems like a borderline phobia*.

I'm not teasing, I'm genuinely interested. You back away from so much because it has music in, you're missing out. I'm not saying you should learn to like it or something, but if you could disregard it at least, you'd be better off.

*- actually there is a phobia, but I doubt you get the symptoms! Melophobia

Offline addicted2dvd

• Forum Inventory
    • View Profile
« Reply #6 on: October 21, 2010, 09:24:05 PM »
I don't know how to explain it... it was just always there. I just never liked it. Never heard of a phobia for it... looking at that link... no none of the symptoms. Well maybe mildly one... as I have known to get aggravated (mad) when having to hear it.

If it is just a little bit I can tend to ignore it.... but if it is something that is through-out the movie/show then I feel better off skipping it.
Pete

Najemikon

« Reply #7 on: October 21, 2010, 09:44:55 PM »
Ok, but what's the scale, if you don't me asking?  :-[ I realise you would find enduring a Hostel style torture easier then watching a concert, but someone humming a tune near you incessantly. Would that bother you? I mean, I would find it annoying, but I would be choosing to be annoyed, if you know what I mean...

Offline addicted2dvd

• Forum Inventory
    • View Profile
« Reply #8 on: October 21, 2010, 11:46:40 PM »
I have left the room when someone is humming or singing constantly... basically do that because if I don't I would say something I would be sorry for later. So I remove myself from the situation. (Ain't that right Britt?  ;) )

Riding in the car with 2 of my brothers... one had the radio on... by the time we dropped him off (10 to 15min) I was visibly angry (face actually red... nerves up... just looking peeved)... and my other brother knowing how I am... turned the radio off... and I was able to calm down within a few minutes.

Watching a movie... say hour and a half to two hour long... 1 to 2 songs I normally can ignore. More then that and I don't enjoy the movie as much as I would have. Though there has been an exception or two for this if the storyline is extra good (Ray).

Fraggle Rock... the theme and 2 songs in the half an hour show? I seriously doubt I could watch it.

I have been known to leave my room to go to the other side of the house to ask for stereo to be turned down and if I have to ask again throw a fit because their music is a little too loud and I can hear it in the bedroom.

Does that give you an idea? :P
Pete

Najemikon

« Reply #9 on: October 22, 2010, 12:10:13 AM »
Does that give me an idea? Yeah. For a movie!  :P

"They just wanted to dance to a beat. What they got was BEAT! By PETE! He'll rock your world. Whistle a tune and swing to your DOOM! You can't stop the rhythm? You better learn how, and FAST!"
PETE'S BEAT
In selected theatres, rated R. May contain scenes distressing to music lovers. Soundtrack not available.

Mustrum_Ridcully

« Reply #10 on: October 22, 2010, 12:13:25 AM »
Does that give you an idea?

Yupp,

even though I don't think it's a symptom to find someone constantly humming or whistling annoying. Not with the usually not very gifted humming and whistling you normally hear in public environments.
The same goes for many radio stations, which usually only air the latest ear-sores interrupted by some musically challenged commercials.

Have you ever caught yourself drumming a rhythm with your fingers, hands, feet, other extremeties?
If so, not all hope is lost on you.
Actually saying you don't like any music is equivalent to saying that you don't like little fluffy animals. The vast majority of the western hemisphere will look at you as if you had just eaten a baby. Thankfully they will not treat you as if you actually had.  :laugh:
« Last Edit: October 22, 2010, 12:34:32 AM by Silence_of_Lambs »

Offline Dragonfire

• Mega Heavy Poster
    • View Profile
    • Dragonfire88 Pbwiki
« Reply #11 on: October 22, 2010, 03:09:23 AM »
The theme song for Fraggle Rock isn't that long.  And I think there is usually just one song in an episode..tied to the plot of the episode.

Offline addicted2dvd

• Forum Inventory
    • View Profile
« Reply #12 on: October 22, 2010, 03:56:17 PM »
Does that give you an idea?

Have you ever caught yourself drumming a rhythm with your fingers, hands, feet, other extremeties?
If so, not all hope is lost on you.
Actually saying you don't like any music is equivalent to saying that you don't like little fluffy animals. The vast majority of the western hemisphere will look at you as if you had just eaten a baby. Thankfully they will not treat you as if you actually had.  :laugh:

No... I don't (drum fingers, etc.).  And believe me I have gotten some funny looks when people find out!

I just got off the phone with my niece... she never heard of the show (though it is before her time).... but said yeah... she will take them for her kids. So I am saved!  :tease: :laugh:
Pete