Author Topic: What'ya got 2007-2013?  (Read 818627 times)

Offline GSyren

• Heavy Poster
    • View Profile
Re: What'ya got?
« Reply #3690 on: August 23, 2010, 03:04:11 PM »
and today this arrived via the Ankh-Morpork Post Office

Going Postal

Dave

For a second I thought you were talking about Uwe Boll's Postal, and I thought for myself "Dave's gone over to the dark side".   :suicide:
I was relieved when I realized my mistake...  :-[

Offline dfmorgan

• Heavy Poster
    • View Profile
« Reply #3691 on: August 23, 2010, 03:52:12 PM »

For a second I thought you were talking about Uwe Boll's Postal, and I thought for myself "Dave's gone over to the dark side".   :suicide:
I was relieved when I realized my mistake...  :-[

Well I do have
In the Name of the King: A Dungeon Siege Tale

and although it's only on DVD I was toying with the idea of getting the Director's Cut  :bag:

Dave
Dave

Life? - Who needs a life when you have anime!

My DVD/HD-DVD/Blu-ray Collection
My Library
My CD Collection - sorry I use readerware for that and it doesn't have an online component.

Offline goodguy

• Heavy Poster
  • Colleen West never liked the first light of day.
    • View Profile
« Reply #3692 on: August 23, 2010, 03:53:51 PM »
Thanks for reminding me that I wanted to get "Homo Faber" at some point. I always forgot to add it to my wishlist.

You're welcome. I wonder how it will hold up today, I haven't seen it since its orginal cinema release. Well, at least it wasn't expensive like the Meerapfel boxset, which was a bit of a stupid way to spend a lot of money.
Matthias

kahless

« Reply #3693 on: August 23, 2010, 04:23:33 PM »
[...]
[...]

I own Boll's Postal...  :bag:

Mustrum_Ridcully

« Reply #3694 on: August 23, 2010, 04:55:14 PM »
[...]
[...]

Me too! ... even worse: ... I actually like it.  :bag: :tomato:
In fact it's exceptionally good for a Boll movie (at least if you like trash-movies).

Offline addicted2dvd

• Forum Inventory
    • View Profile
« Reply #3695 on: August 23, 2010, 07:30:24 PM »
The last package from my friend arrived today... this package included...

- The 4th Floor
- American Psycho: Uncut Version
- Audition: Uncut Special Edition
- Audrey Rose
- Bring Me the Vampire
- The Chronicles of Narnia: The Lion, The Witch and The Wardrobe
- City by the Sea
- Creature Unknown
- Cry Wolf
- Dark Heritage
- Dark Water
- Darkness
- Dead & Breakfast
- Death Bed
- Death Machine
- Decoys
- Dexter: Season 2
- Dogville
- Dolores Claiborne
- Don Knotts: The Reluctant Hero Pack

---- The Ghost and Mr. Chicken
---- The Shakiest Gun in the West
---- The Reluctant Astronaut
---- The Love God?
- Dracula vs. Frankenstein (1969)
- Eternal
- Eternal Evil
- Ravenous
- Traffic
- The Transporter
Pete

snowcat

« Reply #3696 on: August 23, 2010, 09:18:56 PM »
:p Pete, I just watched all three Transporter films... and I was kind of impressed but then...They aren't as good as Crank but... id recommend them I personally i think I like the second one most.

I really have a thing for Jason Statham  :drooling:

Najemikon

« Reply #3697 on: August 23, 2010, 09:41:05 PM »
:p Pete, I just watched all three Transporter films... and I was kind of impressed but then...They aren't as good as Crank but... id recommend them I personally i think I like the second one most.

Now that is definitely subjective! ;) I've seen Transporter 1 and 2 and really enjoyed them for what they are. Old fashioned action movies, can't go wrong. Crank? That's something quite different. It's ridiculous to an insane level and actually a very bad film that bludgeons you before you notice how bad it really is! I liked it, but not as a film. Transporter isn't great, but it's far more reliable.

snowcat

« Reply #3698 on: August 23, 2010, 09:43:57 PM »

Now that is definitely subjective! ;) I've seen Transporter 1 and 2 and really enjoyed them for what they are. Old fashioned action movies, can't go wrong. Crank? That's something quite different. It's ridiculous to an insane level and actually a very bad film that bludgeons you before you notice how bad it really is! I liked it, but not as a film. Transporter isn't great, but it's far more reliable.

...Jon, I like Crank in a way that its so absolutely ridiculous its awesome... I mean! the action starts instantly! whats not to like! its brainless you can just watch it and not have to think. Have you seen Transporter 3?....  I think my problem with the first Transporter is... Jason Stathem is putting on a funny accent .... and I like his British one!

Najemikon

« Reply #3699 on: August 23, 2010, 09:54:28 PM »
That's very true about his accent. It annoyed me when the character could so easily have been given a British SAS background rather than US.

Crank hitting the action immediately is its appeal for definite, but it also reduces it to a gimmick. I prefer that little detail called "narrative"! :laugh: Transporter could do with taking a breather occasionally and director Leterrier ruined Incredible Hulk for being too interested in blowing stuff up all the damn time, but Crank... nah. Good for one off and then it's time to watch films for grown-ups again. :tease:

snowcat

« Reply #3700 on: August 23, 2010, 11:03:07 PM »
Jon I think certain scenes in the film render it very grown up  :tease:

And the accent I just thought "Awww, bless he can't do an American accent hes so cute"....

Rogmeister

« Reply #3701 on: August 23, 2010, 11:30:39 PM »
I received a package today...it contained two sets, the fifth and sixth seasons of The Mary Tyler Moore Show.  When I ordered these, I also ordered the seventh season but that's not quite out yet.  Another series that will soon be completed...

Offline GSyren

• Heavy Poster
    • View Profile
« Reply #3702 on: August 24, 2010, 11:29:07 AM »
[...]
[...]

Me too! ... even worse: ... I actually like it.  :bag: :tomato:
In fact it's exceptionally good for a Boll movie (at least if you like trash-movies).
Maybe I have preconceived notions about Uwe Boll's films. I haven't actually seen one, only heard the reactions to some of them, like BloodRayne. But looking at IMDb I see that a few of them actually got over 5 stars. Rampage actually got a rating of 6.4. I have seen interviews with with Uwe Boll, though, and he does seem to have a rather inflated ego. But still, maybe I should risk seeing one of his creations...?

Offline Kathy

• Super Heavy Poster
    • View Profile
« Reply #3703 on: August 24, 2010, 02:28:11 PM »
I enjoy his films. Jimmy is the real fan if you are interested in which are the best. But he is on holiday for the month of August.

Offline Achim

• Mega Heavy Poster
    • View Profile
« Reply #3704 on: August 24, 2010, 03:36:49 PM »
I have seen 2 Boll films. While House of the Dead is bearable (it is rather clear though that he is not in control of the actors, they chew way too much scenerey) Alone in the Dark is so abysmal that I nearly walked out of the cinema (which I don't do on principal and have only done once before that).

I am not sure I want to risk to try another one. If any, Postal may be the way to go.