Author Topic: What'ya got 2007-2013?  (Read 795511 times)

Offline DJ Doena

• Administrator
  • Mega Heavy Poster
  • Battle Troll
    • View Profile
    • My Blog
Re: What'ya got?
« Reply #30 on: January 19, 2008, 04:33:13 PM »
from CD-WOW:

Karsten

Abraham Lincoln once said The trouble with quotes from the internet is that you never know if they're genuine.

my Blog | my DVD Profiler Tools

Offline addicted2dvd

• Forum Inventory
    • View Profile
« Reply #31 on: January 19, 2008, 04:39:14 PM »
Good Choices! :)
One of my favorite horror series! :)
Pete

Najemikon

« Reply #32 on: January 19, 2008, 06:08:30 PM »
I've just watched The Howling. Never seen it before, but loved it. You seen that one, Pete?

I think the ending is probably one of my favourites. Fantastic stuff! Even if...
(click to show/hide)

Offline addicted2dvd

• Forum Inventory
    • View Profile
« Reply #33 on: January 19, 2008, 07:27:44 PM »
Yeah... I have The Howling... another great one.. though I do have to admit... it has been a while since I watched it.
Pete

Najemikon

« Reply #34 on: January 19, 2008, 08:04:25 PM »
How about Dog Soldiers? It has a lot in common with The Howling, though gorier in places and certainly played more tongue in cheek. It also has the best Matrix reference ever. "There is no spoon!"

Offline Achim

• Mega Heavy Poster
    • View Profile
« Reply #35 on: January 19, 2008, 08:23:21 PM »
Dog Soldiers is a great film! It showed of nicely what potential Neil Marshall had, which he beautifully confirmed with The Descent.

Somebody said it elsewhere on the forum the other day, can't wait for his next film (in cinemas later this year).

Offline Jimmy

• Mega Heavy Poster
  • Yes this is me...
    • View Profile
« Reply #36 on: January 19, 2008, 08:24:23 PM »
I've just watched The Howling. Never seen it before, but loved it. You seen that one, Pete?

Good one, but never watch the second one. Even if Christopher Lee and Sybill Danning are in it this movie is a complete mess. If you don't trust me, trust Christopher Lee who have said that it's the movie he was the most ashamed of in his career.

But the third one is good, its the movie where you can see a Weresupials and this creature is certainly not scary  :laugh:

Offline addicted2dvd

• Forum Inventory
    • View Profile
« Reply #37 on: January 19, 2008, 08:31:23 PM »
How about Dog Soldiers? It has a lot in common with The Howling, though gorier in places and certainly played more tongue in cheek. It also has the best Matrix reference ever. "There is no spoon!"

Yup... another great one... I bought it blind at Walmart... was actually an impulse buy as I didn't even read the back cover! I took one look at the front cover... thought it was cool... so bought it. Guess I got lucky on that one!  :P
Pete

Najemikon

« Reply #38 on: January 19, 2008, 08:49:19 PM »
Good one, but never watch the second one. Even if Christopher Lee and Sybill Danning are in it this movie is a complete mess. If you don't trust me, trust Christopher Lee who have said that it's the movie he was the most ashamed of in his career.

But the third one is good, its the movie where you can see a Weresupials and this creature is certainly not scary  :laugh:

Joe Dante hasn't got a good word for any of the sequels! He said in an interview on this DVD that he worked with Christopher Lee later, and the first thing Lee did was apologise for being in part 2...  :laugh:

Offline Tom

• Mega Heavy Poster
    • View Profile
    • Cinematic Collection Viewer
« Reply #39 on: January 20, 2008, 04:51:01 PM »
Got the following:

• Saibogujiman kwenchana (I'm a Cyborg, But That's OK)

Saw this at the AsiaFilmfest and I really liked it.
  • Siworae (Il Mare)

Recommendation by Peter von Frosta
  • Fullmetal Alchemist: Conqueror of Shamballa

The sequel movie of a TV series I am currently collecting
  • Young Frankenstein

Another Mel Brooks classic I have never seen  :bag:

Number of titles bought this year    Remaining Budget
18    $1830.04

Offline DJ Doena

• Administrator
  • Mega Heavy Poster
  • Battle Troll
    • View Profile
    • My Blog
« Reply #40 on: January 21, 2008, 01:36:51 PM »

I like them Turtles, I also got the first two movies. Sue me!

Army of Darkness (Evil Dead 3)
Karsten

Abraham Lincoln once said The trouble with quotes from the internet is that you never know if they're genuine.

RossRoy

« Reply #41 on: January 21, 2008, 02:13:34 PM »

I like them Turtles, I also got the first two movies. Sue me!

What about the third one?  ;)

Offline DJ Doena

• Administrator
  • Mega Heavy Poster
  • Battle Troll
    • View Profile
    • My Blog
« Reply #42 on: January 21, 2008, 03:43:06 PM »
What about the third one?  ;)
For some reason unknown they changed the appearance of the Turtles and I didn't like the time-travel story that much.
Karsten

Offline Jimmy

• Mega Heavy Poster
  • Yes this is me...
    • View Profile
« Reply #43 on: January 21, 2008, 05:34:02 PM »
Buy this for one reason : I need another one for my marathon

Offline addicted2dvd

• Forum Inventory
    • View Profile
« Reply #44 on: January 24, 2008, 10:27:20 PM »
Today my sis-in-law paid me back some money she owed me... so I used that to place a small DVD order... I ordered...

Night of the Demons 2
For years, Hull House has sat in eerie silence - tales of its haunted past have turned into gory jokes - and no one really believes anything ever happened. But a special anniversary date is approaching...and, unknown to the local high school students, a horrorfest is in the works.

While most of the students at St. Rita's high school are excited about the "official" Halloween dance, Shirley Fennerty intends to party elsewhere. She and her rebellious cohorts are planning a wilder party at the abandoned "haunted" mansion.

They want fun...now they're in for the hell-raising party of their lives!

This one was a complete Blind Buy... I got the first part this past October and really enjoyed it so thought I would grab this one to go with it.

Stephen King's Thinner
Based on the best-seller, 'Stephen King's Thinner' stars Robert John Burke ('RoboCop 3', 'Tombstone') and Joe Mantegna ('Bugsy', 'The Godfather III') in a story of supernatural terror and a countdown to the ultimate payback. A 109-year-old gypsy, hell-bent on revenge, exacts a curse so shocking it compels its victim to gorge himself in an effort to avoid shrinking away to nothingness. With time running out and a torture so bizarre and powerful, even death seems a more likely option.

This one I have definitely seen before. I love Stephen King movies... and am actually surprised I missed picking this one up before now. Of course I am sure there is several others of his movies I still need to get. I really don't remember a whole lot about this one... just remember enjoying it when I did see it... so looking forward to checking it out again.

The above arrived today :)
Pete