Author Topic: Critter's Animated Film/Anime Marathon  (Read 77709 times)

Critter

Re: Critter's Animated Film Marathon
« Reply #15 on: October 07, 2009, 01:23:17 PM »
Thanks Rich those will be perfect.  ;D

RossRoy

« Reply #16 on: October 07, 2009, 05:10:36 PM »
can't animate the half mark though  ;D

I wouldn't be so sure ;)

Offline Dragonfire

• Mega Heavy Poster
    • View Profile
    • Dragonfire88 Pbwiki
« Reply #17 on: October 07, 2009, 09:41:21 PM »
That star is cute.

I have to try to get a half version of the one I'm using again.  I tried once and it didn't come out right.  Though it has been a long time since I've done much with graphics that way...I've forgotten a few things..  :laugh:

RossRoy

« Reply #18 on: October 07, 2009, 10:09:23 PM »
Do you mean this one?

richierich

« Reply #19 on: October 07, 2009, 10:19:02 PM »

I wouldn't be so sure ;)

spill the beans clever clogs........

RossRoy

« Reply #20 on: October 07, 2009, 10:28:23 PM »

I wouldn't be so sure ;)

spill the beans clever clogs........

Adobe ImageReady CS2 (I think it comes with Photoshop).. With it you can reduce the Canvas to 50% size, which affects all frames of the animated GIF.. So just save that as a GIF and Viola!

Critter

« Reply #21 on: October 07, 2009, 10:50:40 PM »
Thanks Ross that will come in handy.

Offline Dragonfire

• Mega Heavy Poster
    • View Profile
    • Dragonfire88 Pbwiki
« Reply #22 on: October 08, 2009, 07:00:29 AM »
Do you mean this one?

Yes that is what I meant.  Thanks so much. :)

Critter

« Reply #23 on: October 09, 2009, 10:40:58 AM »
Kung Fu Panda

Year: 2008

Director(s): Mark Osborne, John Stevenson

Run Time: 88 minutes

Plot: In the Valley of Peace, Po the Panda finds himself chosen as the Dragon Warrior despite the fact that he is obese and a complete novice at martial arts.

Cast:
Jack Black – Po
Dustin Hoffman – Shifu
Angelina Jolie – Tigress
Ian McShane – Tai Lung
Jackie Chan – Monkey
Seth Rogen – Mantis
Lucy Liu – Viper
David Cross – Crane
Randall Duk Kim – Oogway

DVD Extras:
•   Filmmakers Commentary
•   Meet the Cast
•   Pushing the Boundaries
•   DreamWorks Animation Video Jukebox
•   Theatrical Trailers
•   Be a Kung Fu Master
•   Do You Kung Fu?
•   “Kung Fu Fighting” Music Video by Cee-Lo
•   Learn the Panda Dance
•   Po Around the World
•   Po’s Power Play (DVD ROM)

My Thoughts

This is the third time I have watched this DVD since I got it and I also saw this film at the cinema and am still enjoying each time as much as the last. This is one of the most visually stunning animated films I’ve seen. The animation is flawless from that beautiful traditionally animated opening to the CGI throughout. The attention to detail in every scene of this film makes it truly a joy to watch and the action scenes, especially one or two in particular are extremely fast paced and exciting. I usually don’t like DreamWorks films that much but in my mind this is their first films since ‘Shrek’ that really stands out... almost to PIXAR standards... almost.

While aesthetically pleasing from start to finish I feel a couple of things stopped this film living up to its full potential such as the amount of characters who seemed main, but hardly had any screen time or dialogue. Most of the furious five themselves only had one or two short lines the entire film. While the character development for the two or three main characters was fantastic I feel the film could have benefited with some more focus on the other characters, which also could have pulled up the very short run time a bit.

Overall the imagery and score of every scene in this film is breathtaking and while the humour is still a bit childish the storyline is something which I feel all ages can enjoy as it is quite light-hearted entertainment. I am still waiting however for DreamWorks to make a film with a more deep and meaningful message much like most that can be seen in PIXAR films. While ‘Kung Fu Panda’ seems a step in the right direction they are still not quite there.

My Rating
« Last Edit: November 23, 2009, 02:22:57 AM by Critter »

Critter

« Reply #24 on: October 09, 2009, 10:42:07 AM »
Could someone please tell  me what the best way to get smaller DVD covers for the these reviews is? I looked all over Google images and this was the smallest I could find. I still think it's too big.

richierich

« Reply #25 on: October 09, 2009, 10:59:45 AM »
Could someone please tell  me what the best way to get smaller DVD covers for the these reviews is? I looked all over Google images and this was the smallest I could find. I still think it's too big.

In google images, search kung fu panda dvd

choose +show options

a new choice column comes up

under any size, select exactly

you will then be given a choice to select by size.
I used 150 width by 200 height as example, and got lots of hits to choose from.

Critter

« Reply #26 on: October 09, 2009, 11:37:54 AM »
Ahh thanks Rich, I spent ages fiddling with the size in Goodle images but never thought to use 'exactly'. 150x200 works well.  :thumbup:

Najemikon

« Reply #27 on: October 09, 2009, 09:42:49 PM »
Hey Critter, saw this today on Empire and thought you'd like it... :D

Animation Who's Who

Critter

« Reply #28 on: October 10, 2009, 12:22:51 AM »
Ah wow thanks Jon I do like that article. I love seeing all the different studios summerized like that.

On a side note I just notice that I spelt 'Goodle' in my last post. I dont even want to change it haha, pretty sure my favourite typo ever  :hysterical:

Critter

« Reply #29 on: November 23, 2009, 02:39:32 AM »
Aladdin (Limited Edition)

This isn’t the right cover but I couldn’t find the one I had.

Year: 1992

Director(s): Ron Clements, John Musker

Run Time: 86 minutes

Plot: Aladdin, a street urchin, accidentally meets Princess Jasmine, who is in the city undercover. They love each other, but she can only marry a prince.

Cast:
Scott Weinger – Aladdin
Robin Williams – Genie
Linda Larkin - Princess Jasmine
Jonathan Freeman - Jafar

DVD Extras:
•   Lyric Book
•   Music Modes
•   Downloadable Song

My Thoughts
This is the first time I have watched this film in years and I thoroughly enjoyed it. While not one of my top Disney classics Aladdin still delivers many memorable characters, such as the always wonderful Genie voiced by Robin Williams and great songs such as ‘A Whole New World’ .Many of the backgrounds in this film, especially of the Palace are outstanding and the animation is flawless as always coming from Disney. As I haven’t seen this since I was a child watching it on a small TV I found the colour of many scenes to be breathtakingly beautiful as I have never seen it in such clarity before like I did on my TV now. One thing I found lacking however was the lack of special features. I only have the one disc edition that is labeled on the cover as ‘Limited Edition’ yet it had next to no bonus features. All it really had was the ability to watch the movie in sing-along-mode and that’s it.

My Rating

« Last Edit: March 06, 2010, 10:00:34 AM by Critter »