Author Topic: Smallville  (Read 9908 times)

Offline DJ Doena

• Administrator
  • Mega Heavy Poster
  • Battle Troll
    • View Profile
    • My Blog
Smallville
« on: September 21, 2008, 12:36:46 PM »
Hi,

have you seen the season opener? What did you think?

For my part I didn't have the feeling that this really was a continuation to the cliffhanger of the 7th season. It felt more like a restart of the entire show with a new premise. Until 7 it was his old life, now a new life begins.

I honestly don't know yet what to think of it, I'll need a few more episodes to decide whether I like it.
« Last Edit: July 26, 2010, 06:32:10 PM by DJ Doena »
Karsten

Abraham Lincoln once said The trouble with quotes from the internet is that you never know if they're genuine.

my Blog | my DVD Profiler Tools

Offline addicted2dvd

• Forum Inventory
    • View Profile
Re: Smallville Season 8
« Reply #1 on: September 21, 2008, 01:00:24 PM »
I enjoyed it... but had the same feeling as you did when it came to a new beginning instead of a continuation of the last season.

Looking at this past episode... I am more then ever convinced that they pretty much know this will be the last season of Smallville. I mean after all... how much more can they do before turning him into Superman?
Pete

Offline DJ Doena

• Administrator
  • Mega Heavy Poster
  • Battle Troll
    • View Profile
    • My Blog
« Reply #2 on: September 21, 2008, 02:17:11 PM »
But what about Kara? Clark doesn't even mention her...
Karsten

Abraham Lincoln once said The trouble with quotes from the internet is that you never know if they're genuine.

Offline addicted2dvd

• Forum Inventory
    • View Profile
« Reply #3 on: September 21, 2008, 02:34:57 PM »
I was wondering that same thing... thought we would at least heard mention of her.
Pete

lyonsden5

« Reply #4 on: September 21, 2008, 03:18:09 PM »
She's
(click to show/hide)
She will be in this season (according to my 21 year old son) but will not be in it much.

To me they should have ended it last year. Starting over at season 8 without making Clark into Superman (something Welling said he will not do) is crazy. Clark's character has to be 22 years old now and
(click to show/hide)
:stars: And Welling himself is in his 30's now and looks it. I think the loss of Alfred Gough & Miles Millar (the creators) will hurt the show as well.

They need to turn it into Lois and Clark: The New Adventures of Superman if they want it to continue but according to Welling this won't happen.

I'll watch faithfully I'm sure. With 7 seasons invested into it I can't stop now. But, like Charmed, they should have ended after 7 seasons. I still say the season 7 finale of charmed
(click to show/hide)

Offline DJ Doena

• Administrator
  • Mega Heavy Poster
  • Battle Troll
    • View Profile
    • My Blog
« Reply #5 on: September 21, 2008, 03:22:23 PM »
Often the last season of a show hasn't quite the touch of the previous seasons and one wonders if that's the reason it was the last season.
Karsten

Offline DJ Doena

• Administrator
  • Mega Heavy Poster
  • Battle Troll
    • View Profile
    • My Blog
« Reply #6 on: September 28, 2008, 05:41:29 PM »
I only noticed with this episode that this paramedic is in the intro and thus having a larger role. Has he already been there in the first episode? And what do you think about him? I had the feeling that he could hear better than others. And I got the feeling that Chloe's engagement won't live through the end of the season.

Still no word on Kara, though. I hope she's at least mentioned within the next episodes.
Karsten

Offline addicted2dvd

• Forum Inventory
    • View Profile
« Reply #7 on: September 28, 2008, 05:48:22 PM »
There is definitely much more to that paramedic then meets the eye... that is for sure. I had a hard time seeing it... but wasn't that the paramedic that was in the last shot of the episode...
(click to show/hide)

It is also pretty obvious the paramedic guy is going to at the very least complicate Chloe's engagement.

Looking forward to seeing the next episode.
Pete

lyonsden5

« Reply #8 on: September 28, 2008, 05:56:20 PM »
I thought Jimmy was going to walk in on the light bulb scene creating quite an awkward moment. Mr. Paramedic is a good addition to the story I think. Chloe deserves better than Jimmy  :tease:

(click to show/hide)

Does anyone else really miss Lex?  :(

Offline DJ Doena

• Administrator
  • Mega Heavy Poster
  • Battle Troll
    • View Profile
    • My Blog
« Reply #9 on: September 28, 2008, 06:04:38 PM »
Does anyone else really miss Lex?  :(
:goodbye:
Karsten

Offline addicted2dvd

• Forum Inventory
    • View Profile
« Reply #10 on: September 28, 2008, 06:08:55 PM »
I tell you... I am still concerned with how far they are taking Smallville into where he should already be Superman... They have him at The Daily Planet now.... and no glasses or anything. Tell me... when he decides to become Superman... how won't they recognize him?
Pete

Offline DJ Doena

• Administrator
  • Mega Heavy Poster
  • Battle Troll
    • View Profile
    • My Blog
« Reply #11 on: September 28, 2008, 06:11:48 PM »
Tell me... when he decides to become Superman... how won't they recognize him?

;D

For example, if Tom Welling's Clark would ever wear a costume, I would expect that it would hide his face and that he would probably wear a voice-distorter.

This was also the most stupid thing about Superman Returns. Clark and Superman leave and return at exactly the same day and not even Lois does the simplest of math.
Karsten

Offline DJ Doena

• Administrator
  • Mega Heavy Poster
  • Battle Troll
    • View Profile
    • My Blog
« Reply #12 on: October 20, 2008, 10:45:08 AM »
Yesterday evening I watched the episodes 3-5 and I am still a bit clueless. There's still nobody who seems to care where Kara is gone. And I still don't have any idea (just like at the beginning of season seven) where the show is heading this year.
Karsten

Offline addicted2dvd

• Forum Inventory
    • View Profile
« Reply #13 on: October 20, 2008, 12:12:06 PM »
yeah... they do seem to be stringing us along a bit again this season. But going by the previews I am thinking this week's episode will start showing us where they are going. And hopefully we will hear something on Kara before too long.
Pete

Offline addicted2dvd

• Forum Inventory
    • View Profile
« Reply #14 on: November 14, 2008, 03:38:34 PM »
I just watched last night's episode. Was a good episode... but DAMN THEM!!!
(click to show/hide)
Pete