Author Topic: Horror Mansion Survival Game  (Read 64677 times)

Touti

Re: Horror Mansion Survival Game
« Reply #270 on: August 27, 2007, 03:25:59 PM »
Ah, that's what I missed.  I didn't realize the last 5 questions weren't asked by Samara.

lyonsden5

« Reply #271 on: August 27, 2007, 04:38:51 PM »

(Under New Management)

* * * MID ROUND UPDATE * * *

Armed with movie knowledge and internet search knowledge Eric has managed to reply to Hannibal's questions. Was it enough to escape? Will Jon still have apiece of chicken waiting for him?

Question 1:
Can you tell me what movie this scene is from?

1: I have no clue.  Problem with screenshot questions is that we can't search the internet in any way.  I'll try "The Invisible Man".
Oooo - too bad for you. Let's see how you do on the rest.

Question 2:
This sounds familiar. Please tell me who said this.
"There are three major centers for transsexual surgery - Johns Hopkins, University of Minnesota, and Columbus Medical Center"

2: That was Hannibal Lecter himself
Of course it was.  ;)

Question 3:
One of these four NBA stars doesn't appear in SPACE JAM. Who?

A.    Larry Bird
     B.    Karl Malone
     C.    Charles Barkley
     D.    Patrick Ewing

3: Karl Malone
Correct! The Mailman did not appear in Space Jam

Question 4:
Meet my friend, and his dog. They were not always friends as you see in this picture.
The fact is my friend used to try different things to make the dog like him when they first met. What did my friend bring for the dog to keep him from attacking during one of their early encounters?

4: Never saw the movie but I searched internet and I think the answer is "A muffin".
Correct! "Hooch.... I brought you a muffin... I brought you a muffin Hooch"  ( :laugh: Funny stuff)

Question 5:
What 4 year old movie took place during the time of the Meiji Restoration in the Empire of Japan between 1876 and 1877?

5: The Last Samurai with Tom Cruise (Too bad he "Harakiri'd" himself during the shooting  ;D)
Correct!

Not too bad. You managed to correctly answer 4 out of 5.

The judges conferred  :TheJuryIsCurrentlyDeliberatin and came up with their decision. Clues  will be used to assist any player who gets the minimum correct answers required to stay in the room, which is 3. You will be given 3 clues. The first two are decided by the host, the third will be in the form of a question asked by the player stuck in the room. The player will remain in the room until all five of the original questions are correctly answered OR until they have used up their three clues, at which time they will randomly be sent back to another level per the original rules.

Your first clue Eric for question #1 is this:

One of the actors shown (or not shown  ;) ) is Warren Beatty

You will get one more clue and then will be able to ask one question if needed.

Offline Kathy

• Super Heavy Poster
    • View Profile
« Reply #272 on: August 27, 2007, 06:05:37 PM »
PM sent  :fingerchew:

lyonsden5

« Reply #273 on: August 27, 2007, 06:56:21 PM »
(Under New Management)

Kathy has answered. Is she getting out, staying with Eric, or heading back to another level?

Question 1:
What movie is this quote from?
"Plum Island Animal Disease Research Center." Sounds charming.

This is from one of my favorite authors Nelsen Demille.  This research center was originally from “Plum Island” but was also in “Night Fall” and “The Lion’s Game”. I think “The Lion’s Game was the only one made into a movie so that is my guess.
Too bad. You're author knowledge seems superb, the answer however is incorrect.That's one down 4 to go.

Question 2:
I borrowed Samaras DVD Player. As you know it doesn't work. Please tell me what movie I am watching.

All I can think of is SailorRipley’s post in invelos; the one with Skip in the pink dress holding the chihuahua!  :laugh:
It's not looking good for you at the moment.

Question 3:
Who made the music to AN AMERICAN IN PARIS?

A.    Leonard Bernstein
     B.    Oscar Hammerstein
     C.    Irving Berlin
     D.    George Gershwin

I love musicals! George Gershwin
Correct! Things are looking up!

Question 4:
This screen cap below is from the sequel to a movie I watched just the other day. Please tell me who received top billing as the star of the ORIGINAL movie.

Easy one; Arnold Schwarzenegger in Predator. I own them all and can’t wait for the new one!
Correct again!
(Personally I like the Danny Glover version better than the original.)

Question 5:
John Winger and Russel Ziskey were characters in a movie. Another character in the movie was Sgt. Hulka. At the end of the movie Sgt. Hulka decided to retire from the Army. What business did he start after he retired?

Ah…Stripes! I couldn’t remember what Sgt. Hulka decided to do so I had to break out the movie and watch it to find the answer. How could I forget he retired to open a HulkaBurger Franchise?!
Of course it is. Who could forget the magazine covers and newspaper articles at the end of the film.  :laugh:

You've done well. You have managed to stay inside the room. You will receive three clues. I will give you one for each of the questions you got wrong and then, if you still need help, you may ask me one question.

Clue time:

Question #1. Hanibal Lecter loves to talk. He loves to play mind games as well. If he were going to quote a movie who's movie do you think it would be (if that's not subtle enough check Eric's set of questions for a similar question, one Eric got right).

Question #2: The person on the left is Renée Zellweger

Good luck

lyonsden5

« Reply #274 on: August 27, 2007, 10:59:25 PM »
(Under New Management)

Eric's Question 1:
Can you tell me what movie this scene is from? (Characters added back into the screenshot)

I really don't know much of is work, I'll try "Heaven can wait"

Drumroll please........ :thundergod:

:cheers:

Congratulations! You have made it out of the mansion. At every turn you were confronted by our soft hearted killer and you trashed her every time. Perhaps you can still catch up with Jon and Achim. Drinks are on me! (put it on my tab  :laugh: )

Touti

« Reply #275 on: August 27, 2007, 11:18:42 PM »
(Under New Management)

Eric's Question 1:
Can you tell me what movie this scene is from? (Characters added back into the screenshot)

I really don't know much of is work, I'll try "Heaven can wait"

Drumroll please........ :thundergod:

:cheers:

Congratulations! You have made it out of the mansion. At every turn you were confronted by our soft hearted killer and you trashed her every time. Perhaps you can still catch up with Jon and Achim. Drinks are on me! (put it on my tab  :laugh: )

:yahoo: :dance:  :egyptian:

I'll be there in a second guys, order me a pint.   :drunk: :friends:

And one last word for Samara before I leave:  :tease:

Offline Kathy

• Super Heavy Poster
    • View Profile
« Reply #276 on: August 28, 2007, 11:05:25 PM »

Question 1:

This is from one of my favorite authors Nelsen Demille.  This research center was originally from “Plum Island” but was also in “Night Fall” and “The Lion’s Game”. I think “The Lion’s Game was the only one made into a movie so that is my guess.
Too bad. You're author knowledge seems superb, the answer however is incorrect.That's one down 4 to go.

:o I can't believe it!  :redcard: This one I was positive of! I even yanked out the books to make sure I wasn't mistaken. I don't have the movie so I'm going to have to get it and see if maybe 2 movies has this quote in it! It might be we are both right!   :clap:

Until then, my final question relates to the screen cap. Who is the other person standing next to Renée Zellweger?

lyonsden5

« Reply #277 on: August 29, 2007, 02:12:14 AM »

Question 1:

:o I can't believe it!  :redcard: This one I was positive of! I even yanked out the books to make sure I wasn't mistaken. I don't have the movie so I'm going to have to get it and see if maybe 2 movies has this quote in it! It might be we are both right!   :clap:

Until then, my final question relates to the screen cap. Who is the other person standing next to Renée Zellweger?

Perhaps "Plum Island Animal Disease Research Center" is from a movie other than the one we are looking for but I don't think you will find the complete quote in the movie you are thinking of. Here is the quote again:

And here is the clue clue again. The answer is there... well, close anyway. (Don't make it harder than it is  ;) )

Question #1. Hanibal Lecter loves to talk. He loves to play mind games as well. If he were going to quote a movie who's movie do you think it would be (if that's not subtle enough check Eric's set of questions for a similar question, one Eric got right).

Now, here is your 3rd clue. (Not sure why you didn't PM me for this  :-\ probably too upset over the  :redcard: ). The other person in the picture with Renée Zellweger is Ewan McGregor.

Offline Kathy

• Super Heavy Poster
    • View Profile
« Reply #278 on: August 29, 2007, 07:53:04 PM »
Don't make it harder than it is
That is what I was doing. :-[

Not sure why you didn't PM me for this 

Duh  :bag:  (Always like to break  :readthis:  :laugh:)

PM sent. I hope I will be

[/quote]

And not  :axed: :burninacid:  :rip:

lyonsden5

« Reply #279 on: August 29, 2007, 09:30:23 PM »

you sure about that? Have you looked at what's going on in the background  :o

Offline Kathy

• Super Heavy Poster
    • View Profile
« Reply #280 on: August 29, 2007, 09:35:54 PM »

you sure about that? Have you looked at what's going on in the background  :o

:hysterical: Actually I hadn't noticed but... where did you get my video?!

lyonsden5

« Reply #281 on: August 29, 2007, 09:43:30 PM »
(Under New Management)

Question 1:

Question 1: Silence of the Lambs

Told you you were making it too hard  :tease:

One more and you are out!!!

Question 2:
I borrowed Samaras DVD Player. As you know it doesn't work. Please tell me what movie I am watching.

Question 2: Down with Love
 :yahoo:

Kathy has made it out of the mansion. It was close there for a while, but in the end she pulled it out.  :cheers:
__________________________________________________________________________________

That leaves us with James, who I believe has found himself a harpsichord and has sat down to play a tune or two. Maybe Samara will simply sneak up behind him and put him out of his misery  :axed:

:laugh:

Offline Kathy

• Super Heavy Poster
    • View Profile
« Reply #282 on: August 29, 2007, 10:32:54 PM »
 :yahoo:  :cheers:
Come on James - You can do it! We're all pulling for you to beat Samara!
To Samara the Kind One :tease:

m.cellophane

« Reply #283 on: August 29, 2007, 11:31:38 PM »
:yahoo:  :cheers:
Come on James - You can do it! We're all pulling for you to beat Samara!
To Samara the Kind One :tease:
Thanks, Kathy!  :thumbup:

Whaddya say we get this over with, Samara!  :devil:

I challenge you to a duel! :swordfight: I ask you 3 questions and you ask me 3 questions. The loser is...  :giljotiini:

Touti

« Reply #284 on: August 29, 2007, 11:54:23 PM »
I'm afraid it doesn't work that way, Samara is only a deputy.  I see only 1 way out, since you're the last player in the game the (just made up) rules allow Samara to hit you with a double challenge where you will have to answer one riddle and one trivia.  If you win then you go straight to the last room and offer your duel to.......

Mother