Author Topic: Horror Mansion Survival Game  (Read 64678 times)

lyonsden5

Re: Horror Mansion Survival Game
« Reply #225 on: August 21, 2007, 08:38:46 PM »
(Under New Management)

* * * MID ROUND UPDATE * * *

Samara has decided to take the hit and be weaker for the next round in order to have a chance to inflict some serious damage this round. She has chosen some tricky questions for our players. Will they be able to answer them on their own? Will they need to assistance of an outside source? Will I ever run out of stupid questions to ask? We shall soon see.
______________________________________________________________________________________

PMs will be sent to our 3 players right after I post this.

lyonsden5

« Reply #226 on: August 21, 2007, 08:44:14 PM »
(Under New Management)

* * * MID ROUND UPDATE * * *

Here are the questions asked of our players.

Eric was asked: Boris Karloff didn't act in a TV series - but he served as the 'host' for one. Which show was it?

Kathy was asked: Before the movie went into production, what was the proposed title of Alien?

James was asked: What actor was NOT in the theatrical version of "The Two Towers," but WAS in the extended edition, and is also in "The Return of the King?"

Touti

« Reply #227 on: August 21, 2007, 09:03:33 PM »
I think this is an unfair game for Rossroy, it's almost impossible for him to come up with a question that won't have the answer on IMDB.

Najemikon

« Reply #228 on: August 21, 2007, 10:10:18 PM »
Perhaps they should be phrased as riddles, or more picture messages? Harder to search for. And drop the clues, maybe add time limits. Truth be told, I was very close to failing the Fight Club one. It came to me in a moment of desperation and I only asked for the clue to confirm I was right because I knew I wouldn't be penalised.

RossRoy

« Reply #229 on: August 21, 2007, 10:12:55 PM »
I think this is an unfair game for Rossroy, it's almost impossible for him to come up with a question that won't have the answer on IMDB.

I know. The only type of questions I could ask that MIGHT not have the answer on IMDb, is image and/or sound trivia. But hunting difficult ones for those is even harder!

We also can't control IMDb usage, it's just impossible.

Unless I started posting 1/4 screenshots of a non recognizable area of the frame, and hope somebody gets it by pure luck! Like "Whose nose is this?" or "Nice cleavage! Who's it belong to?" or "Who's that back hand, over there?"

Touti

« Reply #230 on: August 21, 2007, 11:06:27 PM »
You could be surprise with the number of good answers on cleavage trivia  :hysterical:

m.cellophane

« Reply #231 on: August 21, 2007, 11:26:45 PM »
You could be surprise with the number of good answers on cleavage trivia  :hysterical:
That's a pretty high stakes game! A killer poses a cleavage question which you must answer or DIE.  :hysterical:

Najemikon

« Reply #232 on: August 22, 2007, 12:15:12 AM »
That's a pretty high stakes game! A killer poses a cleavage question which you must answer or DIE.  :hysterical:

You'd feel like a complete tit if you got it wrong...  :dance:

SailorRipley

« Reply #233 on: August 22, 2007, 02:39:31 AM »

You'd feel like a complete tit if you got it wrong...  :dance:
:hysterical: :hysterical: :hysterical:

Getting tricky questions is damn hard so, Seabstien, I feel your pain. I had to search through countless internet sites and even dust off some old movie trivia books for the ones I asked the first round... and even then you all got the answers!

I think no clues would be the way to go.

(BTW, I second the cleavages motion... movie ones and real ones)  :thumbup:

lyonsden5

« Reply #234 on: August 23, 2007, 03:31:13 PM »
(Under New Management)

* * * END OF THE ROUND UPDATE * * *

We have our answers. It was a pretty controversial round, but the judges have weighed in. The results are below.

__________________________________________________________________________________________

Eric was asked: Boris Karloff didn't act in a TV series - but he served as the 'host' for one. Which show was it?

Eric's reply: I think the answer is "Out of this world". The answer Samara was looking for was "Thriller" where Karloff was the host from 1960 to 1962.   Wait!! :-\ Don't sharpen the guillotine just yet! In 1962 he also was the host of the short lived TV series called "Out of This World" that ran in the UK. While Eric did not have the answer Samara was looking for he was able to name a TV series that Karloff hosted.  :stars:  (When I saw his answer I thought we had our 1st kill.... guess not). Since Eric gave a correct answer to the question he once again has defeated Samara's attack.

__________________________________________________________________________________________

Kathy was asked: Before the movie went into production, what was the proposed title of Alien?
Kathy's' reply: Is it Star Beast?  It was actually "Starbeast" (one word)    Judges? . . .   The judges have reached a decision. CLOSE ENOUGH!

James was asked: What actor was NOT in the theatrical version of "The Two Towers," but WAS in the extended edition, and is also in "The Return of the King?"

James' reply: the answer is John Nogle as Denethor  (credited as Noble in ROTK...we just had an update on that). CORRECT! A quick check of his always present DVDP (thanks to DVDP Mobile) gave him the answer Samara was looking for.

In addition all three players have earned a Key for defeating Samara. Yes Kathy, you finally have your key.  :clap: PMs will be sent to everyone to see where you want to go to next.

Samara is really having a difficult time. Our guests are proving to be more than worthy adversaries.  Don't worry Samara. We''ll get 'em before they get out.   :voodoo:

Touti

« Reply #235 on: August 23, 2007, 03:43:27 PM »
I added the judges smiley to make things easier for our host.  The shortcut bbcode is
: TheJuryIsCurrentlyDeliberating :   ;D

Offline Kathy

• Super Heavy Poster
    • View Profile
« Reply #236 on: August 23, 2007, 05:20:47 PM »
Kathy's' reply: Is it Star Beast?  It was actually "Starbeast" (one word)    Judges? . . .   The judges have reached a decision. CLOSE ENOUGH!

:bow: :thanks: Whew! When I first read about the movie I thought it was going to be based on Robert Heinlein's sci-fi book "Star Beast"; I didn't remember that the movie was one word.  :bag:

Yes Kathy, you finally have your key.  :clap: 

:yahoo:

lyonsden5

« Reply #237 on: August 24, 2007, 02:58:44 PM »
(Under New Management)

* * * NEW ROUND * * *

Three chances for a kill. Three attacks in three separate locations. Three victims ripe for picking. The result? Three skeleton keys earned and one warn out killer  :slaphead: 
______________________________________________________________________________________

Jon and Achim have completely forgotten all about their friends battling for their lives only a few blocks away.

James is on the move again. After restarting in the main hall he has successfully made it through the basement and now has the choice of moving to one of the following:

The Kitchen
The Secret Stairs
The Library

James is in possession of (1) Skeleton Key and the Lazarus Blessing, which allows him to resurrect from the grave if killed by Samara

Kathy has survived her battle and finally has the key she's been looking for. She is quickly moving through the mansion and is getting close to finding the way out. Her next choice is one of the following:

The Graveyard
The Movie Room
The Underwater Cave

Kathy is in possession of (1) skeleton key and the Shattered Zombie Blessing, which makes a zombie crumble to pieces.

Eric continues to defeat Samara at every turn. He has successfully maneuvered his way through over half of the mansion and knows the way out is only a few moves away. He can now move to one of the following:

The Main Bedroom
The Doll Room
The Game Room

Eric is in possession of (3) skeleton keys. Locked rooms are not a problem for Eric at this point in the game.

Samara has been weakened from her triple encounter last round. She will not have the added benefit of picking an occupied room to move to however she still has a one in three chance of picking an occupied room. Hopefully her luck in picking the next room will be better then her luck in picking the trivia questions.

RossRoy

« Reply #238 on: August 24, 2007, 03:14:45 PM »
which allows him to resurrect from the grave if killed by Samara
Shattered Zombie Blessing, which makes a zombie crumble to pieces.

:hysterical:  :hysterical: :hysterical: :hysterical:
Like that's gonna happen!

???

lyonsden5

« Reply #239 on: August 24, 2007, 03:21:11 PM »
which allows him to resurrect from the grave if killed by Samara
Shattered Zombie Blessing, which makes a zombie crumble to pieces.

:hysterical:  :hysterical: :hysterical: :hysterical:
Like that's gonna happen!

???

well....... I could  :-[