Author Topic: Charmed: The Complete Series is COMING!!!  (Read 13053 times)

RossRoy

Re: Charmed: The Complete Series is COMING!!!
« Reply #30 on: June 26, 2008, 05:34:43 PM »
That is cool... which are you considering? regular Complete Series or Limited Deluxe Edition? and what tempts you the most? the packaging? Unaired Pilot? other extras? of combination of it all?  :P

Well, it's a combination of it all, but mostly the packaging looks great (even if it won't fit in my storage units) and the pilot is something I'm interested in. But also, the price shown on Amazon was interesting, especially if I can find a buyer for my current sets.

It's basically a question of "perceived" added value. And in this case, I think it's worth it.

Offline Kathy

• Super Heavy Poster
    • View Profile
« Reply #31 on: June 26, 2008, 05:37:12 PM »
:laugh:

OK... Granted... but what would a really good but poor son do?  :P

:laugh: I wish I had the answer for that one!

Offline Kathy

• Super Heavy Poster
    • View Profile
« Reply #32 on: June 26, 2008, 05:38:37 PM »
You know what? I just saw the update on TVShowsOnDVD, and... well... I might just have to reconsider my position.

Kathy, are you still interested in the old sets?

Yep! Who knows...if I really like them I might have to double dip too! I haven't seen this series at all but, from what I've read, it sounds interesting.

Offline addicted2dvd

• Forum Inventory
    • View Profile
« Reply #33 on: June 26, 2008, 05:58:01 PM »
Kathy:
It is a very addicting series... at least it was for me. I am now fighting myself between starting season 4 for my marathon... or waiting to get the complete series set and start all over (to be sure all the discs play) when the big set gets here.

Sébastien:
For me it was a combo of everything too. I really love the packaging (I want the bigger of the 2 books). as well as the Original Unaired Pilot. when I saw that image this morning.... and read the unaired Pilot would be on there... I went straight to Amazon and pre-ordered it!  Then went into DVDP and made the profile for it.  :P
Pete

RossRoy

« Reply #34 on: June 26, 2008, 06:14:56 PM »
I went straight to Amazon and pre-ordered it!

Me too! Just ordered the bigger of the two (the discs looked less cramped in there).

Then went into DVDP and made the profile for it.  :P

Therefore you can make a backup of it and then send it to me! ;)

Kathy: I sent you a PM.

Offline Kathy

• Super Heavy Poster
    • View Profile
« Reply #35 on: June 26, 2008, 06:35:09 PM »

...Just ordered the bigger of the two...

I though size didn't matter! :laugh:

Kathy: I sent you a PM.

I answered! ;D

RossRoy

« Reply #36 on: June 26, 2008, 06:43:16 PM »
...Just ordered the bigger of the two...
I though size didn't matter! :laugh:

It always matters! It's just that bigger is not always better ;)

Offline addicted2dvd

• Forum Inventory
    • View Profile
« Reply #37 on: June 26, 2008, 07:07:28 PM »
 :laugh: I feel the need to plead the 5th again!  :laugh:

All seriously though. I attached a back-up of just the Complete series profile for you Sébastien I used the image that tvshowsondvd showed... but cropped and enlarged it a bit... you may want to change the image if you find something better. I got the info from that site, dvdempire & the previous set profiles (as I am sure the Season 1-8 discs will be the same). IT really is only a pretty basic starter profile.
Pete

RossRoy

« Reply #38 on: June 26, 2008, 07:29:57 PM »
IT really is only a pretty basic starter profile.

It's better than nothing! ;D

Thanks for that!

Offline addicted2dvd

• Forum Inventory
    • View Profile
« Reply #39 on: June 26, 2008, 08:13:05 PM »
No Problem! You ever come across any better images... let me know! :)
Pete

RossRoy

« Reply #40 on: June 26, 2008, 09:07:34 PM »
No Problem! You ever come across any better images... let me know! :)

I'll probably wait for October and actually scan it myself

Offline addicted2dvd

• Forum Inventory
    • View Profile
« Reply #41 on: June 26, 2008, 09:10:31 PM »
That is cool... no scanner here. But I hope to get one before too long. If I could only stop buying so many DVDs that is!  :P
Pete

Offline Jimmy

• Mega Heavy Poster
  • Yes this is me...
    • View Profile
« Reply #42 on: June 27, 2008, 02:22:16 AM »
That is cool... no scanner here. But I hope to get one before too long. If I could only stop buying so many DVDs that is!  :P
Brittany will need a printer for her school work soon, so just buy one who is a scanner too. This is what I own and it's not too costly, my HP F380 cost me less than 60$.

RossRoy

« Reply #43 on: June 27, 2008, 06:11:40 AM »
Brittany will need a printer for her school work soon, so just buy one who is a scanner too. This is what I own and it's not too costly, my HP F380 cost me less than 60$.
Yeah, my dad has a Canon multi function unit (print, scan, copy), and he paid somewhere around 70$. So it's not too bad, and the scanner is decent on the unit.

Offline addicted2dvd

• Forum Inventory
    • View Profile
« Reply #44 on: June 29, 2008, 02:15:49 PM »
I am starting to have some serious second thoughts about this set. This morning I was going through some old VCDs (I used to make a lot of VCDs) I had made years ago... cleaning out the CD Binder of discs I don't need any more... when I came across the Unaired Pilot of Charmed. That is when I got thinking. I have all the episode on DVD already... have the Unaired Pilot on VCD. Just what am I getting for this upgrade that I don't already have? Yes a very cool package. and what? a few short documentaries? That is it for a $200 upgrade? Even if I sell off my current sets the most I will get for them is $100... that is still $100 I will be putting towards an upgrade I really don't need.

I don't know... I will watch for more updates on this set... but I am thinking I just may cancel that pre-order and be happy with what I have.
Pete