Author Topic: Charmed: The Complete Series is COMING!!!  (Read 13052 times)

Offline addicted2dvd

• Forum Inventory
    • View Profile
Charmed: The Complete Series is COMING!!!
« on: June 23, 2008, 01:19:11 PM »
That's right... They are releasing a Charmed: The Complete Series set. But not just one... 2 versions of the complete series! a regular complete series set and a Limited Deluxe Edition complete series set.

This is one show I always said I would do a double dip on if something worthwhile was released... looks like I may be looking at the Limited Deluxe Edition set... if not TOO expensive!

Can't wait for more detail!
Pete

Offline DJ Doena

• Administrator
  • Mega Heavy Poster
  • Battle Troll
    • View Profile
    • My Blog
Karsten

Abraham Lincoln once said The trouble with quotes from the internet is that you never know if they're genuine.

my Blog | my DVD Profiler Tools

Offline addicted2dvd

• Forum Inventory
    • View Profile
Re: Charmed: The Complete Series is COMING!!!
« Reply #2 on: June 23, 2008, 03:21:15 PM »
LOL... yes... but I am one of the ones that still only buys within my own region. Not because I have to mind you. My DVD Player had a hack code to make it region free... but because I am always afraid that when this DVD Player goes up I will not be able to find another player I can make region free. So I don't chance it. (places to by players here is limited and don't trust buying players online).
Pete

RossRoy

« Reply #3 on: June 23, 2008, 04:03:19 PM »
That's good news, for the non fans, and non-überfans.

I know I will not be buying it again. Actually, I make it a point not to buy second versions (as much as possible, with a few exceptions). And I hate it to see the studios give the fingers to their fans like that. "Buy our barebones release now, that will tell us you care enough for a complete ultra super deluxe set. Of course, we'll make you pay twice".

Well, screw them. I'll keep my barebones release and be completely happy knowing I have the complete series, thank you very much.
« Last Edit: June 23, 2008, 04:21:54 PM by RossRoy »

Offline addicted2dvd

• Forum Inventory
    • View Profile
« Reply #4 on: June 23, 2008, 04:20:30 PM »
I understand what you are saying.... I really do. But this is one series I will definitely make an exception for. Well... at least depending on what all is included. IF it is just the packaging then I doubt very much I would bother... but if it is packaging and a nice selection of extras that we never got before... then I don't think I will be able to help myself.  :P
Pete

Offline Tom

• Mega Heavy Poster
    • View Profile
    • Cinematic Collection Viewer
« Reply #5 on: June 23, 2008, 05:32:16 PM »
These days I do not care about bonus features that much anymore. This way I can use the time for watching episodes of another series.
I also don't like the policy of double-dipping of the studios. The people who care for the series already bought the single seasons, then the complete series boxset is coming for the others to buy the whole series cheaper. As long there is only the single season seasons packaged differently I do not care so much anymore. I am not someone who needs a nicer packaging.

Offline Jimmy

• Mega Heavy Poster
  • Yes this is me...
    • View Profile
« Reply #6 on: June 23, 2008, 05:53:35 PM »
Completly agree with Sebastien and Tom on this. I have bought all the individual release (not watch the final season yet) and I will certainly not rebuy it for the extra. I've no problem to rebuy a single movie for the extra, but no way I will do the same for an eight seasons tv serie (I'm not a millionnaire... yet  :laugh:)

Offline addicted2dvd

• Forum Inventory
    • View Profile
« Reply #7 on: June 23, 2008, 06:02:08 PM »
LOL... yes I understand that completely... and is the way I normally go. But with it being Charmed... that is an exception to the rule... as they say. Of course it all depends on just how much extras added... and just what the packaging is like.
Pete

RossRoy

« Reply #8 on: June 23, 2008, 07:06:48 PM »
Actually, I understand you Pete. I'm like that for Star Wars OT. Each time a new release will come out, with added stuff, I will buy it. No questions asked. So I can understand it.  ;D

Offline addicted2dvd

• Forum Inventory
    • View Profile
« Reply #9 on: June 23, 2008, 07:15:55 PM »
yup... that's it. But the only problem I face... this is an 8 season series we are talking about! IF I am able to do it for the complete series deluxe edition.... I am afraid it will be the only time I will be able to "Double Dip" on the series. 
Pete

RossRoy

« Reply #10 on: June 23, 2008, 07:40:57 PM »
this is an 8 season series we are talking about!

That's why I'll probably never double dip on TV series, unless I can find them dirt cheap somewhere (like the 15.50$ I paid for Season 1 of Grey's Anatomy)

Offline DJ Doena

• Administrator
  • Mega Heavy Poster
  • Battle Troll
    • View Profile
    • My Blog
« Reply #11 on: June 23, 2008, 08:15:57 PM »
I won't even start top think about double-dipping TV shows. I've got quite a few of them but these cases look so cool.

Did I ever mention that I've got 8(!) different editions of the first "Harry Potter" book - the audio book not included? I even thought about the version in Latin, but I don't speak Latin.

I've heard it before but I find it interesting to see how the world differs regarding region code. Around here a player without the ability to disable the region code or without the ability to play NTSC instead of PAL is practically unsellable - even to those who would never import a DVD.
Karsten

Abraham Lincoln once said The trouble with quotes from the internet is that you never know if they're genuine.

Offline addicted2dvd

• Forum Inventory
    • View Profile
« Reply #12 on: June 23, 2008, 08:26:13 PM »
I wish that was the case around here (region free players). Unfortunately everything you see on the DVD boxes around here is Region 1 compatible. And what makes it worse is the stores (by me at least) only carry a few brands... which can change between visits. You never know for sure what will be there until you get there. Feels like Pot Luck shopping around here.
Pete

Offline DJ Doena

• Administrator
  • Mega Heavy Poster
  • Battle Troll
    • View Profile
    • My Blog
« Reply #13 on: June 23, 2008, 09:49:10 PM »
I wish that was the case around here (region free players). Unfortunately everything you see on the DVD boxes around here is Region 1 compatible. And what makes it worse is the stores (by me at least) only carry a few brands... which can change between visits. You never know for sure what will be there until you get there. Feels like Pot Luck shopping around here.
I think the main "problem" is that many of the european viewers want Hollywood stuff and they want it fast (me included). That means there's a natural flow from R1->R2 and maybe R1->R4 (Australia). Additionally there is the flow from Asia to Europe, vulgo: R3->R2.

I assume that the flow R2->R1, R4->R1 is much much smaller. Don't know about R3->R1 though.
Karsten

Offline addicted2dvd

• Forum Inventory
    • View Profile
« Reply #14 on: June 23, 2008, 09:59:52 PM »
Plus the fact that I am sure the studios don't want us getting from other regions... so all the major electronic distributors comply with them and only offer R1 players.
Pete