Author Topic: Charmed: The Complete Series is COMING!!!  (Read 13054 times)

Offline DJ Doena

• Administrator
  • Mega Heavy Poster
  • Battle Troll
    • View Profile
    • My Blog
Re: Charmed: The Complete Series is COMING!!!
« Reply #15 on: June 23, 2008, 10:07:54 PM »
Plus the fact that I am sure the studios don't want us getting from other regions... so all the major electronic distributors comply with them and only offer R1 players.
Yeah but the european DVD distributors (which are mostly branches of their american motherships) don't want that either.
Karsten

Abraham Lincoln once said The trouble with quotes from the internet is that you never know if they're genuine.

my Blog | my DVD Profiler Tools

Offline Jimmy

• Mega Heavy Poster
  • Yes this is me...
    • View Profile
« Reply #16 on: June 23, 2008, 11:24:54 PM »
I assume that the flow R2->R1, R4->R1 is much much smaller. Don't know about R3->R1 though.
It's relative, I have some stuff that I've bought that became available much later (The Descent, Flash Gordon, Mother of tears) or just on a cheap edition (They Live, The Hitcher,Creepshow,...) or never release (Paradise, Vixen,...). So the flow R2->R1 exist and if it was not of the customs taxes much more R2 dvd would be a part of my collection.

All the adult movies release by VMD and Alpha Blue are unavailable on R1, a lot of good one but the money exchange is unfavorable and at 29.95 euros or more by movie + the shipping, this is not really interesting.

Offline Jimmy

• Mega Heavy Poster
  • Yes this is me...
    • View Profile
« Reply #17 on: June 23, 2008, 11:28:18 PM »
... but if it is packaging and a nice selection of extras that we never got before... then I don't think I will be able to help myself.  :P
Just think at this : If Alyssa Milano is in the extra for the set, maybe the possibility that I'll rebuy it is higher  :drooling:

Offline addicted2dvd

• Forum Inventory
    • View Profile
« Reply #18 on: June 23, 2008, 11:36:07 PM »
Hell Jimmy... either one of the girls! But out of all four of them... Holly Marie Combs is my favorite!  :drooling:
Pete

Offline Kathy

• Super Heavy Poster
    • View Profile
« Reply #19 on: June 24, 2008, 01:11:54 PM »
Pete could always sell the Charmed versions he owns so that he's not double dipping. I'm sure there are some people (hint hint) that don't own it at all yet.

Offline addicted2dvd

• Forum Inventory
    • View Profile
« Reply #20 on: June 24, 2008, 01:14:57 PM »
Oh I considered that... but then my mother would kill me... she has been trying to get that collection off me since I first bought them. Hmmmm.... maybe I should sell them to her?.... Nah not even I am that bad!  :P
Pete

lovemunkey187

« Reply #21 on: June 25, 2008, 11:43:25 AM »
Oh I considered that... but then my mother would kill me... she has been trying to get that collection off me since I first bought them. Hmmmm.... maybe I should sell them to her?.... Nah not even I am that bad!  :P

Letting your Mom have them at a discountes price woud prove what a good son you are.

I mean selling her a part of your collection...

Offline addicted2dvd

• Forum Inventory
    • View Profile
« Reply #22 on: June 25, 2008, 12:43:52 PM »
LOL... very true... and think of how good of a son I would be if I just gave them to her!  ;D
Pete

lovemunkey187

« Reply #23 on: June 26, 2008, 08:30:28 AM »
LOL... very true... and think of how good of a son I would be if I just gave them to her!  ;D

You're not that good.

Creep

Offline addicted2dvd

• Forum Inventory
    • View Profile
« Reply #24 on: June 26, 2008, 12:01:47 PM »
 :laugh:
Pete

Offline addicted2dvd

• Forum Inventory
    • View Profile
« Reply #25 on: June 26, 2008, 12:57:41 PM »
OMG! TVShowsonDVD.com has an UPDATE...

- Packaging: Book of Shadows book... Standard Edition: 7.5" wide by 10.75" high by 2.375" spine (approx. 19cm x 27.3cm x 6cm)... Deluxe Edition: 12" x 15.375" x 1.75" (approx. 30.5cm x 39.1cm x 4.45cm) holding 49 DVDs.

- Known Additional Extras:
  • Original Unaired Pilot
  • Featurette: The Demons of Charmed
  • Featurette: The Men of Charmed
  • Featurette: The Book of Shadows
  • And More

And they did note that there will be easter eggs hidden throughout the bonus disc as well. It seems both the standard edition and the deluxe edition will both have the same extras. So that is a plus.  I already pre-ordered my set. And at this time I chose the Deluxe Edition for the bigger book (standard book holds 2 discs per page... deluxe book holds 3 discs per page) but I may decide to change it to the standard book in the end to save a few bucks.

But I definitely must have this set. Even though both sets are a little pricey I may have no choice to sell off the sets I have now to afford it. Even though I would rather give them to my mother since she is ALMOST as big of a fan as I am.

Pete

Offline Kathy

• Super Heavy Poster
    • View Profile
« Reply #26 on: June 26, 2008, 01:41:19 PM »
If you were a REALLY good son...you would buy one of the deluxe editions just for her! :laugh:

Offline addicted2dvd

• Forum Inventory
    • View Profile
« Reply #27 on: June 26, 2008, 01:58:39 PM »
 :laugh:

OK... Granted... but what would a really good but poor son do?  :P
Pete

RossRoy

« Reply #28 on: June 26, 2008, 03:51:27 PM »
You know what? I just saw the update on TVShowsOnDVD, and... well... I might just have to reconsider my position.

Kathy, are you still interested in the old sets?

Offline addicted2dvd

• Forum Inventory
    • View Profile
« Reply #29 on: June 26, 2008, 03:58:35 PM »
That is cool... which are you considering? regular Complete Series or Limited Deluxe Edition? and what tempts you the most? the packaging? Unaired Pilot? other extras? of combination of it all?  :P
Pete