Author Topic: Find DVD PriceFriend Tool  (Read 1339 times)

Najemikon

Find DVD PriceFriend Tool
« on: May 21, 2008, 10:00:15 PM »
In the past I have frequently extolled the virtues of Find DVD. Well now they have released a toolbar extension for Firefox (IE coming soon) called PriceFriend. It's great! Go to a shopping site, select a DVD and PriceFriend will offer to show you prices of the same title at loads of other stores. Very cool. I think it's supposed to work with other stuff like CDs, but I haven't tried it yet. :thumbup:

ajm

Re: Find DVD PriceFriend Tool
« Reply #1 on: May 21, 2008, 10:33:23 PM »
yeah I saw that today. Like you, I've not used it yet.

Although if its as good as there 'pricewatch' tool it should be pretty good.

Geoff

Re: Find DVD PriceFriend Tool
« Reply #2 on: June 30, 2008, 09:58:27 AM »
I just tried it, but it doesn't seem to compare that many shops.  E.g. if I go to Find-DVD and look up the price of, say, 'Buffy The Vampire Slayer - The Complete DVD Collection' then it shows the cheapest as Amazon, at £91.97.  But if use the Pricefriend tool it doesn't even list Amazon!  It says the cheapest place is 101CD at £92.69!  Ok - not a lot difference on that DVD, but still - it could've been, and the idea is it finds the cheapest!

Also, Find-DVD show the price at 20 shops (plus list another 19 with no price - I assume they didn't find the DVD at those shops) but the PriceFriend plugin only lists 14 shops.

It does look good, but it's not as good as the Find-DVD site, which is a bit weird!  Why can't they list all the sites on their PriceFriend tool?  And they're missing out sites like Amazon, not minor sites!  Maybe it'll improve later, but for now I'll keep going to their site to compare prices.