Author Topic: What'ya got 2015?  (Read 51522 times)

Offline GSyren

• Heavy Poster
    • View Profile
Re: What'ya got 2015?
« Reply #150 on: April 27, 2015, 07:40:25 PM »
Today's bunch of films were bought locally, so I skipped the Swedish overviews.

The World's End
UPC 5-050582-971996 | United Kingdom 2013 | 109 minutes | Universal Sony Pictures

Predestination
UPC 5-051162-332978 | Australia 2014 | 98 minutes | Sony Picture Home Entertainment

Interstellar
UPC 5-051895-390726 | United States 2014 | 169 minutes | Paramount Home Entertainment, Warner Bros Pictures

Midnight in Paris
UPC 5-706110-583321 |  2011 | 94 minutes |

Need for Speed
UPC 7-332421-059255 | United States 2014 | 130 minutes | Nordisk Film

Lone Wolf McQuade
UPC 7-350036-721985 | United States 1983 | 103 minutes |

Offline Danae Cassandra

• Heavy Poster
    • View Profile
« Reply #151 on: April 28, 2015, 05:44:43 AM »
My co-worker found a bag that had been sitting in our back office for more than a year.  Out of the contents I grabbed:

Masada
| Year: 1981 | 394 min. | United States

In the first century A.D., Flavius Silva (Peter O'Toole), commander of the Roman Tenth Legion in Palestine, leads his forces to combat against the remaining Jewish Zealots who have taken refuge in the seemingly impregnable fortress of Masada, There, the engineering and military might of Rome faces the passion and ingenuity of Eleazer ben Yair (Peter Strauss) and his people.
If more of us valued food and cheer and song above hoarded gold, it would be a merrier world.
-- Thorin Oakenshield

Offline addicted2dvd

• Forum Inventory
    • View Profile
« Reply #152 on: April 28, 2015, 03:02:48 PM »
When I got home from work last night found my first Troma upgraded to blu-ray waiting for me...

Class of Nuke 'Em High
| Year: 1986 | 85 Min.| IMDb | Trailer/Intro

Created by the same lunatics who brought you the smash cult classic THE TOXIC AVENGER, CLASS OF NUKE 'EM HIGH takes place in the radioactive halls of Tromaville High School, where a dangerous radiation leak turns great minds into great mutants. Expose yourself to outrageously awesome doses of science fiction, horror action and bizarre humor. This nuclear age movie has something for everyone... and everything. Your entertainment level will shoot right off the meter!
Pete

Offline addicted2dvd

• Forum Inventory
    • View Profile
« Reply #153 on: April 28, 2015, 10:30:34 PM »
while out and about today I picked up....

We Bought A Zoo
| Year: 2011 | 124 Min.| IMDb | Trailer/Intro

OSCAR® Winner Matt Damon* gives a heartfelt performance in this film which is based on a true story. When his teenage son gets into trouble, Benjamin Mee (Damon) gives up a lucrative newspaper job to move his family to the most unlikely of places: a zoo! With help from an eclectic staff, and with many misadventures along the way, Benjamin embarks on a fresh beginning to restore the dilapidated zoo to its former glory, while uniting his family. From the director of Jerry Maguire, We Bought A Zoo is a "wonderful, warm and witty" (Bill Bregoli, CBS Radio News) celebration of the human spirit.

*1997. Original Screenplay (with Ben Affleck), Good Will Hunting.

Scary Movie / Scary Movie 2 / Scary Movie 3
| Year: 2000 | 378 Min.

Get ready for 3 times the laughs, 3 times the terror and 3 times the stars with Scary Movie 1-3 on Blu-ray™! Rapid-fire jokes and funny bone-chilling suspense will keep you howling with laughter as Hollywood favorites take comedy to unprecendented levels in the first three installments of this franchise spoof hit.

American Pickers: The Complete Season One
| Year: 2010 | 452 Min.| IMDb | Trailer/Intro

In small towns, and along America's back roads, treasures are waiting to be uncovered – valuable relics from our history that are hidden in junk piles, buried in barns and stacked in garages. It takes experts to find them...and turn rust to riches. Season One of AMERICAN PICKERS on HISTORY follows highly skilled "pickers" Mike Wolfe, owner of Antique Archaeology in Iowa, and his business partner Frank Fritz, as they hunt down objects with historical, collectible and pop culture value that have been long forgotten by their owners. From a vintage Harley to a one-of-a-kind Ferris wheel, each treasure hunt uncovers weird and wonderful America, offering a glimpse into a little-known side of the antiques business. Along the way, Mike and Frank meet people whose own stories open a window into American lives and history.

Episodes:
1. Big Bear
2. Super Scooter
3. White Castle on the Farm
4. Invisible Pump
5. Back Breaker
6. Mole Man
7. Frank's Gamble
8. Acres of Junk
9. Bigfoot in Alabama
10. Know When to Fold
11. Fill'er Up
12. Leland's Cafe

Hot Tub Time Machine
| Year: 2010 | 99 Min.| IMDb | Trailer/Intro

Get ready to kick some serious past with the wildly inappropriate UNRATED version of HOT TUB TIME MACHINE. The outrageous laughs bubble up when four friends share a crazy night of drinking in a ski resort hot tub, only to wake up with nasty hangovers in 1986! Now, nice-guy Adam (John Cusack), party animal Lou (Rob Corddry), married man Nick (Craig Robinson) and mega-nerd Jacob (Clark Duke) relive a wild night of sex, drugs and rock 'n' roll!
Pete

Offline GSyren

• Heavy Poster
    • View Profile
« Reply #154 on: April 30, 2015, 01:53:19 PM »
Watching the film The Equalizer with Denzel made me want to watch the old TV series with Edward Woodward. And here I go, even though I had promised myself not to indulge in any new big TV boxes. Oh, well, it's only 69 hours...  :bag:

The Equalizer
UPC 5-030697-023575 | United Kingdom 1985 | 4137 minutes | Fabulous Films, Fremantle Media Enterprises

Your life or the life of a loved one is in danger and you don't know where to turn for help anymore. Then your eyes catch a small newspaper ad: "Gotta problem? Odds against you? Call The Equalizer." You call the number and a friendly and reassuring voice tells you where to meet him. Robert McCall (EDWARD WOODWARD) is THE EQUALIZER and he promises to even out the odds, in your favour...

Offline DSig

• Heavy Poster
    • View Profile
« Reply #155 on: April 30, 2015, 05:28:29 PM »
I loved (and must still since i have the boxset) Edward Woodward in The Equalizer.  He has been good in most things I have seen him in.  Great buy .. and though all aren't 5* they are all pretty enjoyable.
Thank you
David

Offline DJ Doena

• Administrator
  • Mega Heavy Poster
  • Battle Troll
    • View Profile
    • My Blog
« Reply #156 on: April 30, 2015, 10:05:27 PM »
Batman 1 - 4 (1989 - 1997)

Apr 27th - €12.97 @ Amazon.de

Collection no. 1200 - 1203

Sister Act (1992)

Apr 27th - €7.50 @ Amazon.de

Collection no. 1204

Sister Act 2: Back in the Habit (1993)

Collection no. 1205

Sweet Home Alabama (2002)

Collection no. 1206

We Bought a Zoo (2011)

Collection no. 1207
« Last Edit: April 30, 2015, 10:08:16 PM by DJ Doena »
Karsten

Abraham Lincoln once said The trouble with quotes from the internet is that you never know if they're genuine.

my Blog | my DVD Profiler Tools

Offline GSyren

• Heavy Poster
    • View Profile
« Reply #157 on: April 30, 2015, 10:08:59 PM »
I loved (and must still since i have the boxset) Edward Woodward in The Equalizer.  He has been good in most things I have seen him in.  Great buy .. and though all aren't 5* they are all pretty enjoyable.
Agreed. I like Woodward. And I like buying from Amazon UK Marketplace. Fixed postage £1.82. Actual postage on the shipment £12.89 (registered). So that took a bite out of the £46.99 that the seller charged for the box. Not unreasonable for a 24 disc box. I'm happy.

Offline addicted2dvd

• Forum Inventory
    • View Profile
« Reply #158 on: May 01, 2015, 03:45:28 PM »
Picked these up a couple days ago...

The Boondock Saints
| Year: 1999 | 108 Min.| IMDb | Trailer/Intro

Heart-pounding and graphic, this action-packed film pits FBI agent Paul Smecker (Willem Dafoe) against a pair of Irish brothers (Sean Patrick Flanery and Norman Reedus) out to rid the world of evil – starting with the Russian mob. But as the brothers brutally take on Boston's underworld, Smecker finds himself torn between busting the vigilantes...and joining them!

Wrong Turn 5: Bloodlines
| Year: 2012 | 91 Min.| IMDb | Trailer/Intro

The backwoods of West Virginia are deeper, darker and deadlier than ever in this all-new, unrated chapter of WRONG TURN!

The cutting-edge terror continues when a small town hosts the legendary Mountain Man Festival on Halloween, where crowds of costumed partygoers gather for a wild night of music and mischief. But a killer celebration soon gives way to a blood-soaked feeding frenzy when an inbred family of hillbilly cannibals trick and treat themselves to a group of visiting college students who are just dying for a good time...

Gone Girl
| Year: 2014 | 149 Min.| IMDb | Trailer/Intro

GONE GIRL – directed by David Fincher and based upon the global best seller by Gillian Flynn – unearths the secrets at the heart of a modern marriage. On the occasion of his fifth wedding anniversary, Nick Dunne (Ben Affleck) reports that his beautiful wife, Amy (Rosamund Pike), has gone missing. Under pressure from the police and a growing media frenzy, Nick's portrait of a blissful union begins to crumble. Soon his lies, deceits and strange behavior have evreyone asking the same dark question: Did Nick Dunne kill his wife?

Identity
| Year: 2003 | 90 Min.| IMDb | Trailer/Intro

What if every choice we ever make was already made for us? What if there really were no coincidences in life and our destinies were already predetermined?

Ten strangers with secrets are brought together in a savage rainstorm: A limo driver (John Cusack), an '80s TV star (Rebecca DeMornay), a cop (Ray Liotta) who is transporting a killer (Jake Busey), a call girl (Amanda Peet), a pair of newlyweds (Clea DuVall and William Lee Scott) and a family in crisis (John C. McGinley, Leila Kenzle, Bret Loehr), all take shelter at a desolate motel run by a nervous night manager (John Hawkes). Relief in finding shelter is quickly replaced with fear as the ten travelers begin to die, one by one. They soon realize that, if they are to survive, they'll have to uncover the secret that has brought them all together.

Groundhog Day/Stripes
| Year: 1981 | 224 Min.| IMDb | Trailer/Intro

Groundhog Day
Bill Murray is at his wry, wisecracking best in this riotous romantic comedy about a weatherman caught in a personal time warp on the worst day of his life. Teamed with a relentlessly cheerful producer (Andie MacDowell) and a smart-aleck cameraman (Chris Elliott), TV weatherman Phil Connors (Bill Murray) is sent to Punxsutawney, Pennsylvania, to cover the annual Groundhog Day festivities. But on his way out of town, Phil is caught in a giant blizzard, which he failed to predict, and finds himself stuck in small-town hell. Just when things couldn't get worse, they get worse; Phil wakes the next morning to find it's Groundhog Day all over again... and again... and again.

Stripes
When quick-witted slacker John Winger (Bill Murray) loses his apartment, girlfriend and job all in one day, he decides to embark on a new adventure: he joins the US Army, nearly starting WWIII.

Dances With Wolves
| Year: 1990 | 234 Min.| IMDb | Trailer/Intro

Kevin Costner stars in and directs this triumphant masterpiece written by Michael Blake, based on his novel. On Blu-ray for the very first time, this breathtaking 20th Anniversary Edition includes an extended cut of the film and all-new exclusive extras. Winner of seven Academy Awards®, including Best Directing and Best Picture,* this modern classic tells the story of Lt. Dunbar (Costner), a Civil War hero who befriends a tribe of Sioux Indians while stationed at a desolate outpost on the American frontier. What follows is a series of unforgettable moments – from Dunbar's tender scenes with Stands With A Fist (Mary McDonnell), to the thrilling, action-packed buffalo hunt. Experience the excitement, emotion and sweeping beauty of this cinematic treasure as never before on Blu-ray!

* 1990: Cinematography, Film Editing, Original Score, Sound, Adapted Screenplay, Directing, Best Picture
Pete

Offline GSyren

• Heavy Poster
    • View Profile
« Reply #159 on: May 04, 2015, 08:45:50 PM »
Licensed to Kill / Where the Bullets Fly
UPC 931679-742079 | United Kingdom 1965 | 177 minutes | Onyx Media International

LICENSED TO KILL

Facing numerous assassination attempts, a Swedish scientist who has invented an anti-gravity device and his daughter seek to provide the invention to the UK. With James Bond unavailable, H.M. Government provides Agent Charles Vine, a former mathematician, as a bodyguard and exterminator.

WHERE THE BULLETS FLY

Charles Vine is assigned to get the formula for a process that can drain nuclear energy from an element called spurium.

Offline addicted2dvd

• Forum Inventory
    • View Profile
« Reply #160 on: May 05, 2015, 12:04:25 AM »
Since my last post...

Punisher: War Zone
| Year: 2008 | 107 Min.| IMDb | Trailer/Intro

Ex-Special Forces officer Frank Castle (Ray Stevenson, "Rome") is back with all guns blazing as The Punisher, this time waging a one-man war on two fronts. While targeting the vicious mob boss, Billy Russoti, Castle horribly disfigures the gangster in a firefight that also claims the life of an undercover FBI agent. Now The Punisher must find a way to elude the law and decimate a deadly crime army in this adrenaline-packed action-thriller.

S.W.A.T.
| Year: 2003 | 117 Min.| IMDb | Trailer/Intro

Two wisecracking, battle-hardened veterans (Samuel L. Jackson and Colin Farrell) team up with a pair of street-smart rookies (Michelle Rodriguez and LL Cool J) to form the most freewheeling – but effective – S.W.A.T. team ever. Their first assignment: transport an international drug kingpin into federal custody – after he's offered $100 million to anyone who will free him!

Made of Honor
| Year: 2008 | 102 Min.| IMDb | Trailer/Intro

Tom loves his life, until he realizes he also loves his best friend Hannah. But when Hannah gets engaged to a dashing Scotsman and asks Tom to be her maid of honor, Tom faces hostile bridesmaids, bridal showers, and bad hair days, all in an effort to pull off the perfect wedding and steal the bride. He's a maid of honor with a plan.

Game of Thrones: The Complete First Season
| Year: 2011 | 561 Min.| IMDb | Trailer/Intro

Based on the bestselling fantasy book series A Song of Ice and Fire by George R.R. Martin, this sprawling new HBO® drama is set in a world where summers span decades and winters can last a lifetime. From the scheming south and the savage eastern lands, to the frozen north and ancient Wall that protects the realm from the mysterious darkness beyond, the powerful families of the Seven Kingdoms are locked in a battle for the Iron Throne. This is a story of duplicity and treachery, nobility and honor, conquest and triumph. In the Game of Thrones, you either win or you die.

Episodes:
1. Winter Is Coming
2. The Kingsroad
3. Lord Snow
4. Cripples, Bastards, and Broken Things
5. The Wolf and the Lion
6. A Golden Crown
7. You Win or You Die
8. The Pointy End
9. Baelor
10. Fire and Blood
Pete

Offline GSyren

• Heavy Poster
    • View Profile
« Reply #161 on: May 06, 2015, 08:29:31 PM »
Unfortunately I don't have a 3D TV. I would love to see some of the 50's 3D movies in 3D. But this is a very good movie in 2D, too. If you like musicals...

Kiss Me Kate 3D
UPC 883929-444915 | United States 1953 | 110 minutes | Warner Home Video

When two squabbling ex-marrieds are cast as squabbling Renaissance romantics in a musical The Taming of the Shrew, life imitates art, art imitates life – and it all proves no musical comedy imitates Kiss Me Kate, the backstage/onstage delight from the 1948 Broadway smash and featuring 14 peerless Cole Porter songs. Howard Keel and Kathryn Grayson are the tangled twosome "So in Love" despite her "I Hate Men" flashpoints. Ann Miller adds heat, razzle-tap-dazzling in "Too Darn Hot" and wowing "Tom, Dick and Harry" (Bob Fosse,Tommy Rall and Bobby Van). Fosse and Hermes Pan provide zesty choreography under George Sidney's nimble direction. So "Brush Up Your Shakespeare" and enjoy. Kate won't just kiss you. She'll floor you.

Offline addicted2dvd

• Forum Inventory
    • View Profile
« Reply #162 on: May 08, 2015, 02:29:26 AM »
Today I got....

Jurassic Park Ultimate Trilogy
| Year: 1993 | 349 Min.

Experience one of the biggest movie trilogies of all time like never before with the Jurassic Park Ultimate Trilogy! "You won't believe your eyes" (Peter Travers, Rolling Stone) when dinosaurs once again roam the Earth in an amazing theme park on a remote island. From Academy Award®-winning°° director Steve Spielberg (Jurassic Park, The Lost World: Jurassic Park) and Joe Johnston (Jurassic Park III), the action-packed adventures find man up against prehistoric predators in the ultimate battle for survival. Featuring visually stunning imagery and groundbreaking filmmaking that has been hailed as "a triumph of special effects artistry" (Roger Ebert, Chicago Sun-Times), this epic trilogy is sheer movie-making magic that was 65 million years in the making. "Welcome to Jurassic Park."

°°1993 Best Director, Schindler's List; 1998 Best Director, Saving Private Ryan.

Pet Sematary
| Year: 1989 | 103 Min.| IMDb | Trailer/Intro

After moving to an idyllic home in the countryside, life seems perfect for the Creed family...but not for long. Louis and Rachel Creed and their two young children settle in to a house that sits next door to a pet cemetery – built on an ancient Indian burial ground. Their mysterious new neighbor, Jud Crandall (FRED GWYNNE), hides the cemetery's darkest secret...until a family tragedy brings the secret to life. Now, an unthinkable evil is about to be resurrected.

Fright Night
| Year: 2011 | 106 Min.| IMDb | Trailer/Intro

Meet the sexy new neighbour, Jerry Dandrige (Colin Farrell). He's dangerously charming - and utterly lethal. That's because he just happens to be a vampire, and out for blood...buckets of it. After high school senior Charley Brewster (Anton Yelchin) makes the connection between Jerry's suspicious activity and a steadily rising body count, he vows to end the reign of terror next door. But he can't do it alone. His only hope is Las Vegas magician / vampire-slayer Peter Vincent (David Tennant). Together, this unlikely duo set out to end Jerry's evil rampage. But Jerry is a ruthless, relentless killer, and he's not going down without a fight. Get set to sink your teeth into this thrilling re-vamp of the terrifying horror classic. Featuring a star-studded cast and crawling with bonus, Fright Night will captivate you from the very first bite!

Batman vs Robin
| Year: 2015 | 80 Min.| IMDb | Trailer/Intro

The shadows of Gotham City are no place for a child, but Damian Wayne is no ordinary child. Now bearing the mantle of Robin, he blazes a headstrong and sometimes reckless trail alongside his father, the Batman. While investigating a crime scene, Robin encounters a mysterious figure, Talon, who leads him on a life-altering course through the depths of Gotham's secret society known as the Court of Owls. It's a dangerous journey that will force Batman and Robin to face their most dangerous adversary, each other! Witness the epic battle that will shape a destiny and forge the future of Robin forever.
Pete

Offline GSyren

• Heavy Poster
    • View Profile
« Reply #163 on: May 08, 2015, 06:49:34 PM »
Today's arrivals:

Massacre Mafia Style
UPC 652799-000824 | United States 1978 | 82 minutes | Grindhouse Releasing

Italian-American actor and nightclub singer Duke Mitchell [GONE WITH THE POPE] wrote, produced, directed and starred in this homemade answer to THE GODFATHER. Duke plays the ruthless son of a Mafia kingpin who blasts his way through Hollywood on a bloody crime spree. Promising "more guts,  action and dynamite" than the Mario Puzo gangster classic, MASSACRE MAFIA STYLE delivers an onslaught of low-budget mayhem unlike anything you've ever seen. Grindhouse Releasing proudly presents the definitive release of the most violent movie ever made!

Ten Seconds to Hell
UPC 738329-152024 | United Kingdom 1959 | 93 minutes | Kino Video

In post-war Berlin, British Major Haven (Richard Wattis) recruits members of a returning German bomb disposal unit, Hans Globke (James Goodwin), Peter Tillig (Dave Willock), Wolfgang Sulke (Wesley Addy), Franz Loeffler (Robert Cornthwaite), Karl Wirtz (Chandler) and Eric Koertner (Palance), to defuse unexploded Allied bombs scattered throughout the city.

The Shanghai Story
UPC 887090-095402 | United States 1954 | 90 minutes | Olive Films

Too many years in the Orient have made a bitter man of Dr. Dan Maynard (Edmond O'Brien), an American surgeon, and too little emotional stability has tarnished the Tangier-born Rita King (Ruth Roman). They meet when a night-raid by Shanghai's police chief brings all westerners together in the Waldorf House Hotel, where they are interned under the guardianship of the coldly cruel Major Ling Wu (Philip Ahn). Only Rita is free to come and go due to her friendship with Shanghai;s new police chief, Colonal Zorek (Marvin Miller. The liberty and luxury in which she lives arouses Maynard's contempt. But his opinion changes when she is instrumental in getting Major Wu replaced and punished, and when she arranges for a young girl, Penny Warren (Jeanne Perreau'), to be taken to a hospital for an emergency operation. But when a spy hunt reaches a bitter climax, and an internee is shot down while trying to escape, Maynard believes the tip-off came from Rita.

Offline Danae Cassandra

• Heavy Poster
    • View Profile
« Reply #164 on: May 10, 2015, 07:39:22 AM »

12 Monkeys
| Year: 1995 | 130 min. | United States

Cole (Bruce Willis) is sent back in time to save the human race from a deadly virus that has forced mankind into dank underground communities in the future. Along his travels he encounters a psychiatrist (Madeleine Stowe) and a mental patient, brilliantly portrayed by Brad Pitt, who may hold the key to the mysterious rogue group, the Army of the 12 Monkeys, thought to be responsible for unleashing the killer disease. Believing he can obtain a pure virus sample in order to find a cure in the future, he is met with one riddle after another that puts him in a race with time. This sci-fi masterpiece from the genius mind of Terry Gilliam is a modern-day classic.

The Lady From Shanghai
| Year: 1947 | 88 min. | United States

Baffling murders, fascinating plot twists and remarkable camera work all contribute to this spellbinding, time-honored film noir written, directed by and starring Orson Welles. Hired to work on a yacht belonging to the disabled husband of femme fatale Rita Hayworth, Welles plays an innocent man drawn into a dangerous web of intrigue and murder.

The subject of great controversy and scandal upon its initial release, THE LADY FROM SHANGHAI shocked 1948 audiences by presenting Hayworth with her flaming red hair cut short and dyed champagne blonde. Fifty years later, THE LADY FROM SHANGHAI is considered vintage Welles, his famous hall of mirrors climax hailed as one of the greatest scenes in cinematic history.

Willie Nelson: Live at the US Festival June 4, 1983
| Year: 1983 | 80 min. | United States

The US Festival was held over two weekends in 1982 and 1983.  Steve Wozniak, cofounder of Apple Computer, funded the concerts and accompanying technology exposition, as well as the construction of a brand-new outdoor venue in Glen Helen Regional Park in San Bernadino, CA.  Nearly every musical genre was represented by bands as diverse as U2, Fleetwood Mac, David Bowie, Ozzy Osbourne, Willie Nelson, Van Halen, The Police and The Clash.  Over the combined seven days of the festival, more than one million people passed through the entrance gates.

June 4, 1983, was "Country Day" at the US Festival, and the headliner was none other than the legendary Willie Nelson.  Featuring many of his best-loved songs and greatest hits, this concert showcases the country music superstar at his peak.

SONGS
• Whiskey River
• Stay All Night (Stay a Little Longer)
• Funny How Time Slips Away
• Crazy
• Night Life
• If You've Got the Money I've Got the Time
• Good Hearted Woman
• Sweet Memories
• Mamma's Don't Let Your Babies Grow Up To Be Cowboys (with Waylon Jennings)
• Good Hearted Woman (with Waylon Jennings)
• Why Do I Have to Choose
• Help Me Make It Through the Night
• Bloody Mary Morning
• Blue Eyes Crying in the Rain
• Blue Skies
• Georgia On My Mind
• All of Me
• Stardust
• My Heroes Have Always Been Cowboys
• I Can Get Off On You
• Angel Flying Too Close to the Ground
• On the Road Again
• Always On My Mind
If more of us valued food and cheer and song above hoarded gold, it would be a merrier world.
-- Thorin Oakenshield