Author Topic: What'ya got 2014?  (Read 61621 times)

Offline addicted2dvd

• Forum Inventory
    • View Profile
Re: What'ya got 2014?
« Reply #270 on: August 23, 2014, 07:21:14 PM »
I picked up a couple more titles today...

First in honor of our late friend and Westerns enthusiast Roger...

Wyatt Earp / The Assassination of Jesse James by the Coward Robert Ford
| Year: 2011 | 350 Min.

Wyatt Earp. Jesse James. Their names and deeds ricochet through Western lore. Kevin Costner straps on a sidearm and pins on a badge to play the lead in Wyatt Earp. Dennis Quaid and Gene Hackman costar in director/co-writer Lawrence Kasdan's "fascinating ride to a West where darkness and heroism mingle" (Michael Wilmington, Chicago Tribune). The Assassination of Jesse James by the Coward Robert Ford "really stays with you. [It's] a throwback to the Westerns of the 1970s" (Leah Rozen, People). Brad Pitt (as James) and Best Supporting Actor Academy Award® nominee* Casey Affleck (as Ford) headline a saga of friendship, crime and betrayal.

Then I also picked up...

The Roommate
| Year: 2011 | 91 Min.| IMDb | Trailer/Intro

She's cute. She's loyal. She's psychotic. And, unfortunately for college freshman Sara (Minka Kelly), she's THE ROOMMATE. When Sara arrives at school, she finds new romance with Stephen (Cam Gigandet) and forms a fast friendship with her roommate Rebecca (Leighton Meester). When begins as a camaraderie soon turns creepy, and Sara comes face to face with the terrifying realization that her new best friend is obsessive, unbalanced... and maybe even a killer!
Pete

Mustrum_Ridcully

« Reply #271 on: August 24, 2014, 11:54:39 PM »
Arrivals of the week:

Game of Thrones: Season 3

Grimm: Season 1

Offline addicted2dvd

• Forum Inventory
    • View Profile
« Reply #272 on: August 25, 2014, 07:16:54 PM »
Arrived in the mail today...

Batman: Assault on Arkham
| Year: 2014 | 72 Min.| IMDb | Trailer/Intro

Welcome to Gotham City's heart of darkness. At the center of the shadows rises Arkham City, a festering depository of the vile, the dangerous and the delirious, with an ever-growing population courtesy of the Dark Knight. But when Batman foils the Riddler's latest caper and a crucial piece of evidence needs to be secretly recovered from Arkham, the solution comes from an unexpected source: a covert government strike team assembled from Gotham City's underworld. The assassin Deadshot leads the Suicide Squad, Harley Quinn, Killer Frost, Captain Boomerang, King Shark and Black Spider, a roster of rogues who know Arkham Asylum and its residents all too well. Get ready for an all-out assault as Batman faces a fearless legion of criminals with nothing to lose. Some will live, some will die and some just want revenge. It's an unadulterated adventure through the criminal mind in the latest DC Universe animated movie.
Pete

Offline addicted2dvd

• Forum Inventory
    • View Profile
« Reply #273 on: August 27, 2014, 02:58:09 PM »
I was going to try to be good and not get anymore discs till Danae Cassandra got back home from vacation... but work made it too hard for me. They got in some new Blu-ray discs... and between the sale and my employee discount I got the following (blu-ray/DVD Combos) for only $5.19 each (brand new)...

Knight and Day
| Year: 2010 | 109 Min.| IMDb | Trailer/Intro

Big-screen superstars Tom Cruise and Cameron Diaz come together in this fun, action-packed thrill ride that will keep you on the edge of your seat. When a small-town girl named June (Diaz) meets a mysterious stranger, she thinks she's found the man of her dreams. But she soon discovers he's a fugitive super-spy, who thrusts her into a thrilling cat-and-mouse chase that spans the globe. As the bullets and sparks fly, June must decide if her "Knight" in shining armor is a dangerous traitor or the love of her life.

Rise of the Planet of the Apes
| Year: 2011 | 105 Min.| IMDb | Trailer/Intro

RISE OF THE PLANET OF THE APES is a revolution...an action-packed epic featuring stunning visual effects and creatures unlike anything ever seen before. At the story's heart is Caesar (Andy Serkis), a chimpanzee who gains human-like intelligence and emotions from an experimental drug. Raised like a child by the drug's creator (James Franco), Caesar ultimately finds himself taken from the humans he loves and imprisoned. Seeking justice, Caesar assembles a simian army and escapes — putting man and primate on a collision course that could change the planet forever.
Pete

Offline DJ Doena

• Administrator
  • Mega Heavy Poster
  • Battle Troll
    • View Profile
    • My Blog
« Reply #274 on: August 27, 2014, 04:17:38 PM »
Now You See Me (2013)

Aug 21st - €9.99 @ MediMax

Collection no. 1157

Kick-Ass 2 (2013)

Aug 25th - €9.99 @ MediMax

Collection no. 1158

Bed of Roses (1996)

Aug 25th - €6.52 @ Amazon.de

Collection no. 1159
Karsten

Abraham Lincoln once said The trouble with quotes from the internet is that you never know if they're genuine.

my Blog | my DVD Profiler Tools

Offline addicted2dvd

• Forum Inventory
    • View Profile
« Reply #275 on: August 28, 2014, 02:13:37 PM »
Just like the night before...
I was going to try to be good and not get anymore discs till Danae Cassandra got back home from vacation... but work made it too hard for me. They got in some new Blu-ray discs... and between the sale and my employee discount I got the following (blu-ray/DVD Combos) for only $5.19 each (brand new)...
I grabbed a few more from the sale with my discount... Blu-ray/DVD Combos... $5.19 each...

Ramona and Beezus
| Year: 2010 | 103 Min.| IMDb | Trailer/Intro

Teen sensation Selena Gomez (Wizards of Wavery Place, Hannah Montana,) teams up with newcomer Joey King in this delightful coming-of-age comedy based on the best-selling books by Beverly Cleary. Ramona (King) is a little girl with a very big imagination and a nose for mischief. Her playful antics keep everyone in her loving family on their toes, including older sister Beezus (Gomez), who's just trying to survive her first year of high school. Through all the ups and downs of childhood, Ramona and Beezus learn that anything's possible when you believe in yourself and rely on each other.

Mr. Popper's Penguins
| Year: 2011 | 94 Min.| IMDb | Trailer/Intro

Chill out with the funniest family comedy of the year! Jim Carrey stars as Mr. Popper, a successful businessman who's clueless when it comes to the really important things in life...until he gets an unexpected present...six "adorable" penguins. Soon Popper's rambunctious roommates turn his swank New York apartment into a snowy winter wonderland - and the rest of his world upside down.

State of Play
| Year: 2009 | 127 Min.| IMDb | Trailer/Intro

Academy Award®-winner† Russell Crowe leads an all-star cast, including Ben Affleck, Rachel McAdams & Helen Mirren in the gripping thriller about deception, manipulation & corruption.

When D.C. Reporter Cal McCaffrey (Crowe) is assigned to investigate the murder of an assistant to an up-and-coming politician (Affleck), he uncovers a conspiracy that threatens to bring down the nation's power structures. In a town of spin-doctors and wealthy power brokers, he will discover one truth: when fortunes are at stake, no one's integrity, love or life is safe.

From director Kevin Macdonald of The Last King of Scotland, State of Play brings together strong performances, riveting suspense and is "sophisticated, intelligent and powerful" (Shawn Edwards, FOX-TV).
Pete

Offline DSig

• Heavy Poster
    • View Profile
« Reply #276 on: August 28, 2014, 04:02:46 PM »
Now You See Me (2013)

I didn't expect to like this one .. but I really did.  Thought it was well executed and although you can guess the ending it still was well performed.  And being a big magic lover .. well i guess i've got to watch Penn and Teller now :)
« Last Edit: August 28, 2014, 04:04:53 PM by DSig »
Thank you
David

Offline DJ Doena

• Administrator
  • Mega Heavy Poster
  • Battle Troll
    • View Profile
    • My Blog
« Reply #277 on: August 28, 2014, 04:36:09 PM »
A friend suggested it to me and I bought it blindly. It was only when
(click to show/hide)
that it dawned on me (shortly before it was spelled out anyway) who the mastermind was.

I had assumed
(click to show/hide)
Karsten

Abraham Lincoln once said The trouble with quotes from the internet is that you never know if they're genuine.

Offline DJ Doena

• Administrator
  • Mega Heavy Poster
  • Battle Troll
    • View Profile
    • My Blog
« Reply #278 on: August 29, 2014, 03:18:11 PM »
Skipped Parts (2000)

Aug 29th - €5.99 @ Amazon.de

Collection no. 1160
Karsten

Mustrum_Ridcully

« Reply #279 on: August 29, 2014, 03:57:32 PM »
This week's arrivals:

Revenge for Jolly!

Hard Candy

Offline addicted2dvd

• Forum Inventory
    • View Profile
« Reply #280 on: August 30, 2014, 12:16:53 PM »
Last night I got...

Get Him to the Greek
| Year: 2010 | 114 Min.| IMDb | Trailer/Intro

Jonah Hill and Russell Brand reunite with the director of Forgetting Sarah Marshall in this outrageous comedy about Aaron Green (Hill), an aspiring music executive, who has 72 hours to deliver the wild rock legend, Aldous Snow (Brand), from London to Los Angeles for a comeback concert. In order to keep his job, Aaron must navigate a minefield of mayheim and debauchery to get Snow to the world famous Greek Theatre on time! From the producer of Knocked Up and Superbad comes the movie that's "a raucous, rowdy good time" (Ty Burr, The Boston Globe).
Pete

Mustrum_Ridcully

« Reply #281 on: August 30, 2014, 12:27:48 PM »
Get Him to the Greek

Another surprise.
While this comedy has some real good laughs, music is definitely more than just background-noise here.

Offline DJ Doena

• Administrator
  • Mega Heavy Poster
  • Battle Troll
    • View Profile
    • My Blog
« Reply #282 on: August 31, 2014, 01:01:49 AM »
Sneakers (1992)

Aug 30th - €5.99 @ Drogerie Müller

Collection no. 1161

Southland: Season 1 & 2 (2009 - 2010)

Aug 30th - €12.99 @ Media Markt

Collection no. 12759 - 12762

Karsten

Offline addicted2dvd

• Forum Inventory
    • View Profile
« Reply #283 on: August 31, 2014, 03:21:15 PM »
Get Him to the Greek

Another surprise.
While this comedy has some real good laughs, music is definitely more than just background-noise here.

At such an extremely cheap price I decided to give it a chance. And figure hey... if I don't like it then it is very easy to trade it in for something else.
Pete

Offline DJ Doena

• Administrator
  • Mega Heavy Poster
  • Battle Troll
    • View Profile
    • My Blog
« Reply #284 on: September 01, 2014, 06:48:33 PM »
RED 2 (2013)

Sep 1st - €9.97 @ Amazon.de

Collection no. 1162

Where the Heart is (2000)

Sep 1st - €5.97 @ Amazon.de

Collection no. 1163

Fifteen & Pregnant (1998)

Sep 1st - €6.98 (£2.30) @ Amazon.co.uk

Collection no. 1164
Karsten