Author Topic: What'ya got 2014?  (Read 61623 times)

Offline DJ Doena

• Administrator
  • Mega Heavy Poster
  • Battle Troll
    • View Profile
    • My Blog
Re: What'ya got 2014?
« Reply #240 on: August 03, 2014, 07:48:45 PM »
The Hobbit: The Desolation of Smaug (2013)

Aug 2nd - €7.90 @ Media Markt

Collection no. 1155
Karsten

Abraham Lincoln once said The trouble with quotes from the internet is that you never know if they're genuine.

my Blog | my DVD Profiler Tools

Offline DJ Doena

• Administrator
  • Mega Heavy Poster
  • Battle Troll
    • View Profile
    • My Blog
« Reply #241 on: August 04, 2014, 06:17:32 PM »
My Fake Fiancé (2010)

Aug 4th - €5.27 (£4.09) @ Amazon.co.uk

Collection no. 1156
Karsten

Abraham Lincoln once said The trouble with quotes from the internet is that you never know if they're genuine.

Offline addicted2dvd

• Forum Inventory
    • View Profile
« Reply #242 on: August 06, 2014, 11:34:35 AM »
I got another TV Show set upgraded to Blu-Ray last night...

Bones: The Complete Fifth Season
| Year: 2009 | 997 Min.| IMDb | Trailer/Intro

Dr. Temperance Brennan (Emily Deschanel) and Special Agent Seeley Booth (David Boreanaz) are back for more mystery, murder, and mayhem in Season Five of Bones. Relying on Brennan's unparalleled scientific abilities and Booth's street-wise instincts, the sexy, crime-solving duo and their team face everything from modern-day witches to murdered rock-n-rollers as they scramble for evidence to stop a gruesome serial killer. This spectacular new season brings a wedding, the show's landmark 100th episode, and decisions Bones and Booth must make that could change their lives...forever!

Episodes:
1. Harbingers in a Fountain
2. The Bond in the Boot
3. The Plain in the Prodigy
4. The Beautiful Day in the Neighborhood
5. The Night at the Bones Museum
6. The Tough Man in the Tender Chicken
7. The Dwarf in the Dirt
8. The Foot in the Foreclosure
9. The Gamer in the Grease
10. The Goop on the Girl
11. The X in the File
12. The Proof in the Pudding
13. The Dentist in the Ditch
14. The Devil in the Details
15. The Bones on the Blue Line
16. The Parts in the Sum of the Whole
17. The Death of the Queen Bee
18. The Predator in the Pool
19. The Rocker in the Rinse Cycle
20. The Witch in the Wardrobe
21. The Boy with the Answers
22. The Beginning in the End
Pete

Offline Piffi

• Heavy Poster
    • View Profile
« Reply #243 on: August 07, 2014, 02:58:32 PM »

Terminal Velocity (Blu-Ray) 1994

Thor: The Dark World: Marvel Collectible Packaging (Blu-Ray) 2013

Cinderella: Diamond Edition (Blu-Ray) 1950
We'll Always Have Paris.

Thomas

Mustrum_Ridcully

« Reply #244 on: August 07, 2014, 11:20:26 PM »
This week's arrivals:

Clint Eastwood Blu-Ray Collection
- Two Mules for Sister Sara
- The Beguiled
- Play Misty for Me
- Joe Kidd
- Breezy
- The Eiger Sanction

The Hobbit: The Desolation of Smaug

Only Lovers Left Alive

Machete Kills

The Secret Life of Walter Mitty

Offline Piffi

• Heavy Poster
    • View Profile
« Reply #245 on: August 07, 2014, 11:27:46 PM »
Please let me know what you think of "Machete Kills" Mike? ;) I havent decided yet, if i should spend money on it or not.
We'll Always Have Paris.

Thomas

Offline addicted2dvd

• Forum Inventory
    • View Profile
« Reply #246 on: August 09, 2014, 12:48:00 AM »
Today I got...

The Omen
| Year: 2006 | 110 Min.| IMDb | Trailer/Intro

U.S. diplomat Robert Thorn (Liev Schreiber) substitutes an orphan for his own stillborn baby in order to spare his unknowing wife (Julia Stiles). But after a series of grotesque murders and dire warnings, the Thorns come to the horrifying realization that their child is the son of Satan!

The Last Starfighter
| Year: 1984 | 101 Min.| IMDb | Trailer/Intro

"GREETINGS, STARFIGHTER! You have been recruited by The Star League to defend the frontier against Xur and The Kodan Armada." So begins an adventure of galactic proportions in The Last Starfighter. After Earthling Alex (Lance Guest) conquers the Starfighter video game, he is recruited by alien Centauri (Robert Preston) to be part of an elite legion of fighters. Leaving behind his trailer park home for the outer regions of space, Alex becomes the last hope for the beleaguered Star League and hundreds of worlds – including Earth. Loaded with out-of-this world bonus features, The Last Starfighter 25th Anniversary Edition is the ultimate video game fantasy come true!

Angels & Demons
| Year: 2009 | 146 Min.| IMDb | Trailer/Intro

In Ron Howard's thrilling follow-up to The Da Vinci Code, expert symbologist Robert Langdon (Tom Hanks) pursues ancient clues on a heart-racing hunt through Rome to find the four Cardinals kidnapped by the deadly secret society, the Illuminati. With the Cardinals' lives on the line, and the Camerlengo (Ewan McGregor) desperate for help, Langdon embarks on a nonstop, action-packed race through sealed crypts, dangerous catacombs, and the most secretive vault on Earth!

Grown Ups
| Year: 2010 | 102 Min.| IMDb | Trailer/Intro

Just because you grow older doesn't mean you have to grow up! Comedy superstars Adam Sandler, Kevin James, Chris Rock, David Spade and Rob Schneider are at their outrageous and hysterical best playing childhood friends who reunite one holiday weekend to relive the good old days. It doesn't matter that these five guys are now respectable businessmen, husbands and fathers. Once they get back together, nothing is going to stop these kids-at-heart from having the time of their adult lives. From the people who brought you Click, comes this hilarious and heartwarming film that proves men will be boys.

The Legend of Billie Jean
| Year: 1985 | 95 Min.| IMDb | Trailer/Intro

When local rich kid Hubie Pyatt (Barry Tubb) steals and wrecks Binx Davy's (Christian Slater) beloved motor scooter, Binx's older sister, Billie Jean (Helen Slater), demands the $608 it costs to fix it. Binx shoots Mr. Pyatt (Richard Bradford) by accident and he and Billie Jean flee town accompanied by Billie Jean's girlfriends, Ophelia (Martha Gehman) and Putter (Yeardley Smith). They become fugitives and when they pick up a very willing hostage, Lloyd (Keith Gordon), they become criminals. Billie Jean becomes a legend in her own time, a symbol of freedom to teenagers everywhere!
Pete

Offline addicted2dvd

• Forum Inventory
    • View Profile
« Reply #247 on: August 09, 2014, 05:03:13 PM »
Today I got...

Fighting
| Year: 2009 | 108 Min.| IMDb | Trailer/Intro

Small-town boy Shawn MacArthur (Channing Tatum, G.I. Joe: The Rise of Cobra, Public Enemies) knows firsthand that every day in New York City is a struggle to survive. So when scam artist Harvey Boarden (Terrence Howard, Iron Man, Hustle and Flow) gives him a chance to be something more in the brutal underground world of bare-knuckle street-fighting, Shawn decides that he has something worth fighting for and puts everything on the line to win. Every knockout brings him closer to the life he's always wanted, but also traps him in a dangerous web he can't escape.

Frost/Nixon
| Year: 2008 | 122 Min.| IMDb | Trailer/Intro

From Academy Award®-winning† director Ron Howard comes the electrifying, untold story behind one of the most unforgettable moments in history. When disgraced President Richard Nixon agreed to an interview with jet-setting television personality, David Frost, he thought he'd found the key to saving his tarnished legacy. But, with a name to make and a reputation to overcome, Frost became one of Nixon's most formidable adversaries and engaged the leader in a charged battle of wits that changed the face of politics forever. Featuring brilliant portrayals by Frank Langella and Michael Sheen, FROST/NIXON is the fascinating and suspenseful story of truth, accountability, secrets and lies.

†2002 Best Director, A Beautiful Mind

I never seen either film... anything good here???
Pete

Mustrum_Ridcully

« Reply #248 on: August 09, 2014, 06:51:37 PM »
"Fighting" is quite entertaining, nothing special though. ()
"Frost/Nixon" is a brilliant film, but don't give too much on my rating since really love the work of Michael Sheen and Sam Rockwell ()

Offline addicted2dvd

• Forum Inventory
    • View Profile
« Reply #249 on: August 09, 2014, 08:13:30 PM »
Thanks Michael! :)
Pete

Offline addicted2dvd

• Forum Inventory
    • View Profile
« Reply #250 on: August 09, 2014, 08:25:50 PM »
I just got...

Supernatural: The Complete Seventh Season
| Year: 2011 | 963 Min.| IMDb | Trailer/Intro

IN SEASON 7, SAM AND DEAN FIGHT DEMONS.

Real demons, like Lucifer, who tortures Sam with visions of Hell. Private demons, as the brothers face a traumatic personal loss when Bobby is cut down by alien forces. And as Sam and Dean travel the back roads of America, hunting monsters who wreak havoc on the innocent, a new and more terrible foe hunts them: Leviathans, freed from Purgatory and immune to the brothers' arsenal of weapons and cunning. With Bobby gone, all Sam and Dean can rely on is each other. But will that be enough? Uncover the terrifying revelations in this 4-disc, 23-episode Season 7.

Episodes:

1. Meet the New Boss
2. Hello, Cruel World
3. The Girl Next Door
4. Defending Your Life
5. Shut Up, Dr. Phil
6. Slash Fiction
7. The Mentalists
8. Season 7, Time for a Wedding!
9. How To Win Friends And Influence Monsters
10. Death’s Door
11. Adventures in Babysitting
12. Time After Time
13. The Slice Girls
14. Plucky Pennywhistle's Magic Menagerie
15. Repo Man
16. Out With The Old
17. The Born-Again Identity
18. Party on, Garth
19. Of Grave Importance
20. The Girl With the Dungeons and Dragons Tattoo
21. Reading is Fundamental
22. There Will Be Blood
23. Survival of the Fittest

Now all I need is season 2 and I will have all available seasons on Blu-ray! :D
Pete

Offline addicted2dvd

• Forum Inventory
    • View Profile
« Reply #251 on: August 11, 2014, 05:49:09 PM »
While out for my walk today I stopped by the pawn shop... ended up with...

The Dilemma
| Year: 2011 | 112 Min.| IMDb | Trailer/Intro

Vince Vaughn and Kevin James headline an all-star comedy from director Ron Howard. Ronny's (Vaughn) world is turned upside down when he inadvertently sees something he should not have, and makes it his mission to get answers. As the amateur investigation dissolves his world into comic mayhem, he learns that his best friend Nick (James) has a few secrets of his own. Now, Ronny must decide what will happen if he reveals the truth. Also starring Jennifer Connelly, Winona Ryder, Channing Tatum and Queen Latifah.

Changeling
| Year: 2008 | 142 Min.| IMDb | Trailer/Intro

Clint Eastwood directs Oscar® winner† Angelina Jolie and Oscar® nominee†† John Malkovich in a riveting and unforgettable true story.

Los Angeles, 1928. When single mother Christine Collins (Jolie) leaves for work, her son vanishes without a trace. Five months later, the police reunite mother and son; but he isn't her boy. Driven by one woman's relentless quest for the truth, the case exposes a world of corruption, captivates the public and changes Los Angeles forever.

This emotionally gripping story illustrates the profound power of a mother's love in "a mesmerizing film that burns in the memory" (Peter Travers, Rolling Stone).

†Angelina Jolie, Best Supporting Actress, 1999 Girl, Interrupted.
‡John Malkovich, Best Supporting Actor, 1984 Places in the Heart, 1992 In the Line of Fire.
Pete

Offline DJ Doena

• Administrator
  • Mega Heavy Poster
  • Battle Troll
    • View Profile
    • My Blog
« Reply #252 on: August 11, 2014, 11:51:37 PM »
Maverick: Season 1 (1957 - 1958)

Aug 11th - €0.00 ($24.99) @ Amazon.com (paid via gift certificate)

Collection no. 12743 - 12749
Karsten

Offline addicted2dvd

• Forum Inventory
    • View Profile
« Reply #253 on: August 12, 2014, 01:25:16 AM »
Tonight Danae Cassandra brought home for me from trade ins...

Law Abiding Citizen
| Year: 2009 | 118 Min.| IMDb | Trailer/Intro

Clyde Shelton (Gerard Butler) is an upstanding family man whose wife and daughter were brutally murdered during a home invasion. When the killers are caught, Nick Rice (Jamie Foxx), a hotshot young Philadelphia prosecutor, is assigned to the case. Against his will, Nick is forced to offer one of the suspects a light stentence in exchange for testifying against his accomplice. Fast forward ten years. The man who got away with murder is found dead and Clyde Shelton coolly admits his guilt. The he issues a warning to Nick: either fix the flawed justice system, or key players in the trial will die. Soon Shelton follows through on his threats, orchestrating, from his jail cell, a string of spectacularly diabolical assassinations that can be neither predicted nor prevented. Nick finds himself in a desperate race-against time facing a deadly adversary who always seems to be one step ahead.

Leatherheads
| Year: 2008 | 114 Min.| IMDb | Trailer/Intro

Academy Award® winners* George Clooney and Renée Zellweger team up in this fun-filled comedy set against the beginnings of pro football. Dodge Connelly (Clooney), captain of a struggling squad of barroom brawlers, has only one hope to save his team: recruit college superstar Carter Rutherford (John Krasinski, The Office). But when a feisty reporter (Zellweger) starts snooping around, she turns the two teammates into instant rivals and kicks off a wild competition filled with hilarious screwball antics! Critics are cheering Leatherheads as "a real winner" (Claudia Puig, USA Today).

*George Clooney: 2005 Best Supporting Actor, Syriana.  Renée Zellweger: 2003 Best Supporting Actress, Cold Mountain.

Quarantine
| Year: 2008 | 89 Min.| IMDb | Trailer/Intro

When a news team decides to tail a brave firefighting team, they never suspect that the first call for help they responded to that night may be their last. Now they’re trapped in an apartment complex sealed off by the government. With no way of escape, they find themselves surrounded by frightened residents who are infected with a deadly mutant virus. What happens next is only known because of the footage they left behind.

Supernatural: The Complete Second Season
| Year: 2006 | 903 Min.| IMDb | Trailer/Intro

They're back – The ghouls and vampires, The ghosts and spirits – and even more terrifying entities. And wherever these evil beings are, you'll find brothers Sam and Dean Winchester, hunters on the trail of the demon who murdered their mother...and of any other unholy agent of the Supernatural. At the end of Season One, Sam, Dean and their father were trapped in a twisted mass of metal and shattered glass. This season begins with the aftermath of that car crashand a shocking sacrifice that cements the bond between the Winchester men forever. Join the brothers in their mind-bending, bone-chlling 4-Disc, 22-Episode Season Two road trip across America – a journey deeper into the mystery of their own destinies.

Episodes:

1. In My Time of Dying
2. Everybody Loves a Clown
3. Bloodlust
4. Children Shouldn't Play with Dead Things
5. Simon Said
6. No Exit
7. The Usual Suspects
8. Crossroad Blues
9. Croatoan
10. Hunted
11. Playthings
12. Nightshifter
13. Houses of the Holy
14. Born Under a Bad Sign
15. Tall Tales
16. Roadkill
17. Heart
18. Hollywood Babylon
19. Folsom Prison Blues
20. What Is and What Should Never Be
21. All Hell Breaks Loose (Part 1)
22. All Hell Breaks Loose (Part 2)

YAY!.... I can now continue my Supernatural Marathon!!!  :yahoo:
Pete

Mustrum_Ridcully

« Reply #254 on: August 13, 2014, 12:23:19 AM »
Please let me know what you think of "Machete Kills" Mike? ;) I havent decided yet, if i should spend money on it or not.

Watched it tonight.
It's quite OK, but all in all just seems to be a rather long introduction to the 3rd part.
Mel Gibson is great as Goldfi... (sorry) Voz.