Author Topic: Almost Human  (Read 2352 times)

Offline DSig

• Heavy Poster
    • View Profile
Almost Human
« on: November 21, 2013, 06:23:54 PM »
There is a new series on fox called Almost Human and comes to us from Bad Robot Productions which is a very good thing.

The first episode was pretty good.  The use of CGI was more for the cityscapes and some action shots but the script and performances were very good.  The Second episode was also good but it was the ending which really got me.  It dealt with putting and android down and gave me a feeling similar to Tears in the Rain.  Not exactly the same and really .. compared to possibly Rutger Hauer's finest performance this was lacking ... but on its own it was pretty powerful.  Those of use who love SciFi, especially speculative SciFi, recognize the dilemma faced.  Very good episode
Thank you
David

Offline Dragonfire

• Mega Heavy Poster
    • View Profile
    • Dragonfire88 Pbwiki
Re: Almost Human
« Reply #1 on: November 22, 2013, 05:31:19 AM »
I've seen the first 2 episodes too - well most of them.  I missed a little of each.  I did enjoy the show.  It is interesting.

Offline GSyren

• Heavy Poster
    • View Profile
« Reply #2 on: April 30, 2014, 06:14:57 PM »
It just recently started here. I've seen the first 2 eps and have #3 recorded. Looks pretty good to me. Any general thoughts from those of you who have seen more?

Offline DSig

• Heavy Poster
    • View Profile
« Reply #3 on: April 30, 2014, 07:29:18 PM »
I watched the entire series.  I think it was well done (for a cgi fest).  Liked the characters and there were 2 maybe 3 where the story line was very good/interesting.  Nothing profound mind you but just good entertainment.  Am looking forward to the next season.
Thank you
David

Offline DJ Doena

• Administrator
  • Mega Heavy Poster
  • Battle Troll
    • View Profile
    • My Blog
« Reply #4 on: April 30, 2014, 07:59:31 PM »
Today it was announced that it'öl be cancelled after the first season

http://tvline.com/2014/04/29/almost-human-cancelled-fox-season-2/
Karsten

Abraham Lincoln once said The trouble with quotes from the internet is that you never know if they're genuine.

my Blog | my DVD Profiler Tools

Offline GSyren

• Heavy Poster
    • View Profile
« Reply #5 on: April 30, 2014, 08:14:26 PM »
Today it was announced that it'öl be cancelled after the first season

http://tvline.com/2014/04/29/almost-human-cancelled-fox-season-2/
Oh, that figures. "Look, it's got an 8.3 rating on IMDb. It must be too sophisticated for normal people. We have to cancel it!"
 :voodoo:

Offline DSig

• Heavy Poster
    • View Profile
« Reply #6 on: May 01, 2014, 12:17:51 AM »
you are probably right.  Fox has never been know to keep many thinking programs on at one time.  Too bad i really like this one
Thank you
David

Offline Dragonfire

• Mega Heavy Poster
    • View Profile
    • Dragonfire88 Pbwiki
« Reply #7 on: May 01, 2014, 02:37:17 AM »
I'm almost to the point where I don't want to start watching anything new on Fox because of them doing crap like this too often.  I'm surprised Sleepy Hollow will be back given Fox's track record.