Author Topic: The End of How I Met Your Mother  (Read 2499 times)

Offline Dragonfire

• Mega Heavy Poster
    • View Profile
    • Dragonfire88 Pbwiki
The End of How I Met Your Mother
« on: April 01, 2014, 05:20:19 AM »
The last episode of the series aired tonight.  I haven't always watched...I think there are still some episodes that I haven't seen.  I have watched a bit more the this season...especially the last few months.  I liked getting to see the Mother finally and the little moments here and there between her and Ted.  I watched the last episode tonight.  Now I wish I hadn't bothered.

Maybe some will like it and be happy with it.  I just know I'm not and it has me ....annoyed.  Very annoyed.  I've lost all interest in ever watching the show again or getting the last of the DVD sets. 

Do NOT click the tags unless you've seen the episode or don't care about how it ends.  I'm serious.  I am going on a rant and will be spilling the major stuff.  So.  You have been warned.

(click to show/hide)

Ok...I'm done now.  Sorry...I just needed to...vent a little I guess. 
The show has kind of annoyed me at times over the years...little to no progress toward meeting or even seeing the mother.  Barney being a jerk.  but this tops it all.

Offline DJ Doena

• Administrator
  • Mega Heavy Poster
  • Battle Troll
    • View Profile
    • My Blog
Re: The End of How I Met Your Mother
« Reply #1 on: April 01, 2014, 06:54:54 AM »
So I take it, you were a bit disappointed?

;)
Karsten

Abraham Lincoln once said The trouble with quotes from the internet is that you never know if they're genuine.

my Blog | my DVD Profiler Tools

Mustrum_Ridcully

« Reply #2 on: April 01, 2014, 10:58:57 AM »
So I take it, you were a bit disappointed?

;)
Barely noticeable

Offline DJ Doena

• Administrator
  • Mega Heavy Poster
  • Battle Troll
    • View Profile
    • My Blog
Karsten

Abraham Lincoln once said The trouble with quotes from the internet is that you never know if they're genuine.

Offline Dragonfire

• Mega Heavy Poster
    • View Profile
    • Dragonfire88 Pbwiki
« Reply #4 on: April 02, 2014, 02:02:51 AM »
Umm..perhaps just a tad ..annoyed.   :laugh:

I'm still ticked.  It is like the audience was on the receiving end of a slap bet. 

I have been wanting to write more to post again...I think this is gonna be it tonight..finally get me to set up the blog for tv related stuff - I have one for movies and I did set up one for books that I haven't posted on yet.  Anyway.  Time to type..yes I still have more.   :hysterical:

That was a good article about it.  Much of what I feel too.  Once I get what I'm going to post up, I'll share the link.  I will be a bit more...articulate than I was last night.  I am slightly less...annoyed..ticked..whatever.  But I still feel that episode ruined the series for me.

Offline Dragonfire

• Mega Heavy Poster
    • View Profile
    • Dragonfire88 Pbwiki
« Reply #5 on: April 02, 2014, 05:29:43 AM »
Ok...I did it.  I set up the blog to write about television shows, DVD sets, etc and I made a post about the episode.  I was a little...long winded I guess, but I had a lot of say about it I guess.   :laugh:  This is more like some of my longer movie reviews...and it is basically just for one episode of a tv show - yet it ticked me off that much.   :laugh:  I did go into some basic backstory for the series too..

Anyway, here's the link if you want to see a longer version of why I'm annoyed.

http://reflectionsontelevision.blogspot.com/2014/04/how-i-met-your-mother-finale-how-to.html

Offline Achim

• Mega Heavy Poster
    • View Profile
« Reply #6 on: April 02, 2014, 06:58:34 AM »
I have read the article Marie linked to (as she linked it on Facebook earlier). I'll agree that to seems a rather poor ending.

(click to show/hide)

Offline DJ Doena

• Administrator
  • Mega Heavy Poster
  • Battle Troll
    • View Profile
    • My Blog
« Reply #7 on: April 02, 2014, 07:12:10 AM »
Let me copy my rant from KSiteTV here:

Wow, that was a load of crap.

I as well as most others who hated the finale (gauging from the comments on TV Line and Alan Sepinwall's blog) were not opposed to
(click to show/hide)
but what came after.

For me, this finale did not work in any way.

(click to show/hide)
Karsten

Offline DJ Doena

• Administrator
  • Mega Heavy Poster
  • Battle Troll
    • View Profile
    • My Blog
« Reply #8 on: April 02, 2014, 07:15:49 AM »
Karsten

Offline Dragonfire

• Mega Heavy Poster
    • View Profile
    • Dragonfire88 Pbwiki
« Reply #9 on: April 02, 2014, 01:58:46 PM »
I'm actually getting ready for work..just stopped on for a minute.  I'll watch that youtube thing tonight..but just from what I see there, I like it.   :laugh:

(click to show/hide)