Author Topic: My Personal Horrorfest  (Read 13027 times)

samuelrichardscott

Re: My Personal Horrorfest
« Reply #75 on: October 25, 2012, 06:33:34 PM »
Oh shit. I got muddled up there :laugh:

In that case, the Anchor Bay UK release does have subtitles.

Offline Piffi

• Heavy Poster
    • View Profile
« Reply #76 on: October 25, 2012, 07:28:03 PM »
Thanks alot guys! Really appreciate it :D
I will check it out =) And if i got a quastion,
i'll holla at you Sam :D appreciated!
We'll Always Have Paris.

Thomas

Offline Piffi

• Heavy Poster
    • View Profile
« Reply #77 on: October 29, 2012, 12:10:18 AM »

Title: Poltergeist II
Year: 1986
Director: Brian Gibson
Rating: PG-13
Length: 91 Min.
Video: Widescreen 2.35:1
Audio: Engelsk: DTS-HD Master Audio: 5.1, Portugisisk: Dolby Digital: 5.1, Fransk: DTS: 5.1, Tysk: DTS: 5.1, Italiensk: DTS: 5.1, Spansk: Dolby Digital: 5.1, Spansk: DTS: 5.1, Hungarian: Dolby Digital: 2-Channel Stereo, Turkish: Dolby Digital: 2-Channel Stereo
Subtitles: Croatian, Dansk, Engelsk, Finsk, Fransk, Greek, Hollandsk, Hungarian, Italiensk, Kinesisk, Norsk, Portugisisk, Slovenian, Spansk, Svensk, Thai, Tysk

Stars:
JoBeth Williams
Craig T. Nelson
Heather O'Rourke
Oliver Robins
Zelda Rubinstein
Will Sampson

Plot:
In this thrilling follow-up to the smash hit Poltergeist, the Freeling family (JoBeth Williams, Craig T. Nelson, Heather O'Rourke) settles into a new home following the annihilation of their former residence by terrifying visitors from the netherworld. But the spirits of the dead are still hell-bent on luring the family's clairvoyant daugther Carol Anne to "the other side."

Extras:
Scenevalg
Feature Trailers
AVC @ 34 MBPS

My Review:
Well, i really loved the first Poltergeist movie, so i was kinda looking forward to this one aswell. But i dont really know what to say about this one. I guess as a horror movie, it was allright. It had a few good moments in the movie (dont get me wrong) and they did an ok job in this one too with the visual efects. But what they did with the story, i didnt like. It didnt have me interested that much. And it wasnt a very big connection from the first movie and the second movie IMO. I felt they could have done a bit more, both with the story and with some of the scare moments. An allright movie for the horror part. But for the continuation part. Not that good IMO. But i've now seen the first two Poltergeist movies, so i guess i gotta watch the last one aswell sometime.
I hope that i will maby get the time to watch one more movie or so, before October and this marathon ends. Its been so much stuff going on these last few weeks, with both work, stuff happening etc. But i hope i will be able to watch one more before its over :)

My Rating:
3/6

Movie Count:
We'll Always Have Paris.

Thomas

Offline Piffi

• Heavy Poster
    • View Profile
« Reply #78 on: October 31, 2012, 03:55:22 PM »

Title: Mørke Sjeler / Dark Souls
Year: 2010
Director: Mathieu Peteul, Cesar Ducasse
Rating: 15 år
Length: 95 Min.
Video: Widescreen 1.78:1
Audio: Norsk: Dolby Digital: 5.1, Norsk: DTS-HD Master Audio: 5.1
Subtitles: Engelsk, Norsk

Stars:
Johanna Gustavsson
Kristian Holter
Ida Elise Broch
Morten Rudå
Kyrre Haugen Sydness
Lise Froyland

Plot:
A young girl, Johanna Ravn, is jogging in the woods, when she's suddenly attacked by a man in an orange jumpsuit. Her assailant drills a hole in her skull and leaves her for dead. When the police calls Johanna's father, Morten Ravn, to ask him to identify his daughter's body in the morgue, he tells them that she has just walked in and is sitting in front of her PC... But there's something wrong with Johanna. Black oil is flowing from her eyes and the only message she's able to type on her screen is one long cry for help. And she's not alone. All over town, people are attacked by men in orange jumpsuits with electrical drills. The victims all suffer from the same symptoms, with their bodies slowly disintegrating in front of their loved ones. Frustrated with the lack of results from the local police, Morten takes it on himself to investigate the attacks and tracks...

Extras:
Scenevalg
Feature Trailers
Slettede scener
Dokumentar
Interviews
Outtakes/Bloopers

My Review:
Ok, this movie was a blind buy again kinda. A movie i hadnt heard much about, but from what some people told me i was kinda looking forward to it. And well. Now i've finally seen this Norwegian horrorflick. But man, the never got started really. And even with a few big Norwegian names, this movie failed everywhere! The storyline was boring (nothing new) The acting was terrible all over the place! The filming\editing wasnt good either. A movie (IMO) with almost zero development. And very weird at places, and they did stuff in the movie aswell, that didnt have anything to do with either the movie or the story. This might just be the worst movie or horrormovie i've seen that i know of. This is a ABSOLUTE NO WATCH! I will never recommand this for anyone AT ALL. (Sorry)

My Rating:
0/6

Movie Count:
We'll Always Have Paris.

Thomas

Offline addicted2dvd

• Forum Inventory
    • View Profile
« Reply #79 on: October 31, 2012, 04:51:39 PM »
Rating of 0!... I watched a few of those in the past! But what is scary is when you rate a movie with 0 and then watch it again in the next horror marathon.... Right Jimmy!  :laugh: :tease:
Pete

Offline Jimmy

• Mega Heavy Poster
  • Yes this is me...
    • View Profile
« Reply #80 on: October 31, 2012, 05:28:37 PM »
Of course, too bad my marathon is almost over as I feel the need to watch other things. If it wasn't the case I would have watch The Sorority again today :whistle:

Offline addicted2dvd

• Forum Inventory
    • View Profile
« Reply #81 on: October 31, 2012, 05:30:11 PM »
Nope... you are not pulling me in today... I will not say I will if you will!  :laugh: :tease:
Pete

Offline Piffi

• Heavy Poster
    • View Profile
« Reply #82 on: October 31, 2012, 05:31:03 PM »
Hehe, i gotcha ya Pete! Aweful, just aweful!
Hehe, i got a whole year to decide tho. Wow, i think actually this is the first ever movie
i've rated 0. Just wow. But aweful or not. I had a great horror marathon tho! Next year
i hope i will get over 35 watched! :)
We'll Always Have Paris.

Thomas

Offline Jimmy

• Mega Heavy Poster
  • Yes this is me...
    • View Profile
« Reply #83 on: October 31, 2012, 05:36:00 PM »
Nope... you are not pulling me in today... I will not say I will if you will!  :laugh: :tease:
Don't worry, I have two more films to watch and my marathon will be over for this year... I certainly won't end it with movies I don't like :laugh:

Offline Piffi

• Heavy Poster
    • View Profile
« Reply #84 on: October 31, 2012, 05:40:27 PM »
Don't worry, I have two more films to watch and my marathon will be over for this year... I certainly won't end it with movies I don't like :laugh:

I hope i will get the time to watch one last one, before my marathon is over.
But i highly doubt it :( So much to do, and so little time to do it all. And after
this movie i review'd last.. I should try to catch a better one before its all over.

We'll Always Have Paris.

Thomas

Offline addicted2dvd

• Forum Inventory
    • View Profile
« Reply #85 on: October 31, 2012, 05:45:47 PM »
Yeah... I also hope to fit another one in today... but also doubt it. If nothing else... maybe another Halloween episode or two. But not even sure about that. :(
Pete

Offline Piffi

• Heavy Poster
    • View Profile
« Reply #86 on: October 31, 2012, 11:35:52 PM »
Well, thats it for me this year guys! It ended on 35 movies.
Next year i hope i will beat that record! But it was a fun month
and fun to reading your guys reviews! :)
We'll Always Have Paris.

Thomas

Offline Jimmy

• Mega Heavy Poster
  • Yes this is me...
    • View Profile
« Reply #87 on: November 01, 2012, 12:47:08 AM »
I'll be happy if i reach 20 movies this year (in my first marathon thread)  :-[
See you did a lot more than you expected to... almost two times.

Was nice to read your reviews (even if I ain't a big fan of recent cinema) as it looks like you had fun... except for the last one who didn't sound great, but it's a production of your country so in those case we have a tendacy of being more severe on them.

Offline Piffi

• Heavy Poster
    • View Profile
« Reply #88 on: November 01, 2012, 01:40:46 AM »
Thanks alot Sir! Means alot to me :D
I reached my goal, and next year my
goal will be to beat this one  :-[ got to watch
a few good movies, and got alot of great ideas
for movies to watch\buy. And for the last one i
watched. I dont know, since its from my country
and stuff. I guess you are correct there Jim :)
Well, its been a great month. And its always fun
to both write and read reviews! Looking forward to
doing it again!
We'll Always Have Paris.

Thomas