Author Topic: My Personal Horrorfest  (Read 13068 times)

Offline Piffi

• Heavy Poster
    • View Profile
My Personal Horrorfest
« on: September 30, 2012, 11:56:14 AM »
Well, its only about 12 hours left here where i live, before its October! :D So that means alot of horror!
This will not be any fancy stuff, but a place where i will write my reviews of my horror movies i will watch in October. :)
« Last Edit: October 02, 2012, 12:00:13 AM by Piffi »
We'll Always Have Paris.

Thomas

Offline Piffi

• Heavy Poster
    • View Profile
Re: My Personal Horrofest
« Reply #1 on: October 01, 2012, 01:36:17 AM »

Title: The Collector
Year: 2009
Director: Marcus Dunstan
Rating: Från 15 år
Length: 90 Min.
Video: Widescreen 2.35:1
Audio: Engelsk: DTS-HD Master Audio: 5.1, Engelsk: Dolby Digital: 5.1, Kommentar: Dolby Digital: 2-Channel Stereo
Subtitles: Dansk, Finsk, Norsk, Svensk

Stars:
William Prael
Diane Ayala Goldner
Juan Fernandez
Josh Stewart
Michael Reilly Burke
Andrea Roth

Plot:
When the Chase family moves to an isolated house in the middle of nowhere in Detroit, Arkin is hired to fix the windows and the doors. Later he meets his daughter and his wife that has a debt with dangerous sharks and needs money, but his week payment is not enough to pay her debts. Arkin plots to heist the safe of Michael Chase during the night to raise the necessary money. However, when he arrives in the house, he finds that a sadistic criminal has imprisoned the family and planted traps everywhere. Arkin seeks a way out of the deadly house to save his life.

Extras:
Scenevalg
Audio Commentary
Bonus Trailers
Slettede scener
Musikkvideo(er)
Alternat Ending

My Review:
So finally October is here! And i chose this one to start my horrorfest! A very good horror movie IMO. A interesting story with a interesting twist and turn in the middle. A movie with alot of blood and gore. A very twisted movie that had my attention trough out the whole movie. Alot of nasty things that includes nails, sawgun etc.. A movie that can remind a bit of saw actullay! A movie that i would recommand you guys that like the saw series! And i did like the ending of the movie quite a bit aswell! And the movie had me guessing a few times trough out. And i read somewhere that they are making a movie number 2! Something im looking forward to!
Well, thats it for me tonight. Hopefully i'll get one or two more in tomorrow!

My Rating:
5/6

My Movie Count:
We'll Always Have Paris.

Thomas

Offline Piffi

• Heavy Poster
    • View Profile
« Reply #2 on: October 01, 2012, 05:48:38 PM »

Title: The Fog
Year: 1979
Director: John Carpenter (1948)
Rating: Rated 15 : Moderate Horror
Length: 90 Min.
Audio: Engelsk: DTS-HD Master Audio: 5.1, Tysk: DTS-HD High Resolution: 5.1, Fransk: DTS-HD High Resolution: 5.1
Subtitles: Dansk, Finsk, Fransk, Hollandsk, Norsk, Portugisisk, Spansk, Svensk, Tysk

Stars:
Adrienne Barbeau
Jamie Lee Curtis
Janet Leigh
John Houseman
Tom Atkins
James Canning

Plot:
Antonio Bay, California has turned a hundred years old and getting ready to celebrate its centennial year. But as the residents of the small, quaint harbour town begin to prepare for the festivities a mysterious cloud of fog appears upon the shore and begins to make its way across town leaving a trail of horrifying slaughter until the deathly, dark secrets of Antonio Bay's blood soaked history is finally revealed. The Fog is an incredibly atmospheric and effective ghost story that confirms John Carpenter as a master of terror.

Extras:
Scenevalg

My Review:
A movie i've heard alot about. Finally got the chance to check it out. And it is an old movie, but the movie starts of a bit slow. But get up in pace again. Its a movie with a very interesting story\plot IMO. And i gotta say what they have done with the bluray both with the sound and picture quality its pretty decent. And for the movie itself, its an interesting story about whats hiding in the fog! And with something inside the fog that is killing people. I would say they did the most they could with this movie actually and i enjoyed it a bit. Its a movie with a bit suspence in it aswell, and what they have done with the visual efects for its time. Impressive aswell! A good old horror movie that i would recommand you guys to check out

My Rating:
4/6

Movie Count:
We'll Always Have Paris.

Thomas

Offline Jimmy

• Mega Heavy Poster
  • Yes this is me...
    • View Profile
« Reply #3 on: October 01, 2012, 08:54:13 PM »
And it is an old movie.
It isn't that old :P
I plan to watch Faust in my marathon and it was made in 1926... this is old not 1979 :P

Offline Piffi

• Heavy Poster
    • View Profile
« Reply #4 on: October 01, 2012, 09:03:29 PM »
You are 100% correct sir! But its a bit older than most of my horror movies
that i plan to watch this marathon :)
We'll Always Have Paris.

Thomas

Offline Piffi

• Heavy Poster
    • View Profile
« Reply #5 on: October 01, 2012, 10:54:06 PM »

Title: Captivity
Year: 2007
Director: Roland Joffé
Rating: Rated 18 : Strong violence, torture and grisly images
Length: 85 Min.
Audio: Engelsk: DTS-HD Master Audio: 5.1, Engelsk: PCM: 2-Channel Stereo
Subtitles: None

Stars:
Elisha Cuthbert
Daniel Gillies
Pruitt Taylor Vince
Michael Harney
Laz Alonso
Chrysta Olsen

Plot:
650.000 people are reported missing in america each year.
Many are never seen again

Top cover girl and fashion model, Jennifer Tree (Elisha Cuthbert, 24, House Of Wax) has it all - beauty, fame, money and power. Appearing on covers of hundreds of magazines, Jennifer is America's sweetheart. Everyone wants her. But someone out there has been watching and waiting. Someone wants her in the worst way. Out alone at a charity event in New York, Jennifer is drugged and taken. Held captive in a cell, she is subjected to a series of terrifying, life-threatening tortures that could only be conceived by a twisted, sadistic mind.

From Oscar-nominated director Roland Joffé (The Killing Fields, The Mission), CAPTIVITY is one of the most controversial films of the year. A must-see for all true horror and movie fans alike.

Extras:
None

My Review:
I just have to say one thing aswell, and that is. As Pete i too is a fan of Elisha Cuthbert since i've watched her in 24. That was one of the reasons i wanted this movie. And the movie was a typical gore horror movie, with some sick and twisted things. Could remind me of some of the scenes in the SAW movies. The movie had my attention trough out the movie, and there was a nice twist a little over half way trough. And i liked Elisha's part in this movie, i think she did a very good job with what she had to work with. And for her character it was a race against time to get out of this alive. And i like how she played this character. Very well done! A movie that i highly recommand for the people who doesnt mind some blood, guts. And some strong scenes. A small but a very good horror movie, that i would watch again! With an ok story on top.

My Rating:
5/6

Movie Count:
« Last Edit: October 01, 2012, 10:56:20 PM by Piffi »
We'll Always Have Paris.

Thomas

Offline Piffi

• Heavy Poster
    • View Profile
Re: My Personal Horrorfest
« Reply #6 on: October 02, 2012, 06:41:49 PM »

Title: The Midnight Meat Train: Extreme Edition: Director's Cut
Year: 2008
Director: Ryuhei Kitamura
Rating: Rated 18 : Strong Bloody Violence, Gore and Horror
Length: 103 Min.
Audio: Engelsk: DTS-HD Master Audio: 5.1, Kommentar: Dolby Digital: Dolby Surround
Subtitles: Engelsk

Stars:
Bradley Cooper
Leslie Bibb
Brooke Shields
Vinnie Jones
Roger Bart
Tony Curran

Plot:
Struggling photographer Leon Kauffman's (Bradley Cooper Yes Man, Wedding Crashers, Alias) obsessive pursuit of dark subject matter leads him into the path of a serial killer, Mahogany (Vinnie Jones- X-Men: The Last Stand, Snatch), the subway murderer who stalks late-night commuters - ultimately butchering them in the most gruesome ways imaginable.

Also stars Leslie Bibb (Iron Man) and Brooke Shields (Nip/Tuck, Lipstick Jungle).

Extras:
Scenevalg
Audio Commentary
Dokumentar

My Review:
Holy smokes! Let me just start of by saying a big thanks to Sam for recommanding this one to me!
What a movie really. The story was a new one, and for me an original story. The story starts of in a good pace, and it stays that troughout the movie. The movie is alot about a mad butcher that likes to kill people on a train (for some reason!) And as more we get in to the story, the more sick and twisted the movie gets! And WOW for a role by Vinnie Jones, and that without even saying a word! And we cant forget about Bradley Cooper either! What a horror movie. And how sick and twisted can people be? Just an awesome movie, with some twisted stuff troughout it. And with a nice twist aswell! And i enjoyed the ending much too! But they should have done a much better job with the bluray transfer. The picture quality wasnt good at all! But the sound and sound efects.. Just wow! Perfect! This is a must see for horrorfans!

My Rating:
5/6

Movie Count:
We'll Always Have Paris.

Thomas

Offline Piffi

• Heavy Poster
    • View Profile
« Reply #7 on: October 02, 2012, 09:46:31 PM »

Title: See no Evil
Year: 2009
Director: Gregory Dark
Rating: Rated NR : Very Strong Bloody Violence
Length: 84 Min.
Video: Widescreen 1.78:1
Audio: Engelsk: DTS-HD Master Audio: 7.1
Subtitles: Engelsk, Spansk

Stars:
Kane
Christina Vidal
Michael J. Pagan
Samantha Noble
Steven Vidler
Cecily Polson

Plot:
Seven foot tall. Four hundred pounds. A rusty steel plate screwed into his skull and razor sharp fingernails that pluck out his victims' eyes like grapes from a fruit bowl. Meet reclusive psychopath Jacob Goodnigh (Kane, heavyweight WWE wrestling star) holed up in the dilapidated Blackwell Hotel with bothing but his nightmares for company. That is until eight delinquents arrive for cummunity service duty, along with the cop that put a bullett through Goodnight's head four years before... and the game is on against this indestructible force of nature with a major grudge.

Extras:
Audio Commentary
Feature Trailers
Dokumentar
Interviews
Storyboard Comparisons

My Review:
Another movie that i was recommanded! And i kinda had my expactations up a bit. But the started of in a very high pace, and never let go from the get go. And for me it was awesome to see Kane (WWE superstar) in the lead as the monster. The story wasnt anything new, but it kept me entertaint troughout. And the scenes where the monster uses a hook to catch his victims. Just wow. And not to bad of a performance by Kane aswell. He impressed me actually! Again a movie with lot of gross stuff and alot of gore! And what they have done with the visual efects and the sound\picture quality. Just awesome! A movie that truly enjoyed from start to finish, kept me eintertaint troughout. A movie for horrorfans! And i kinda liked how it ended too. So go cehck it out!

My Rating:
5/6

Movie Count:
We'll Always Have Paris.

Thomas

samuelrichardscott

« Reply #8 on: October 03, 2012, 12:42:25 AM »

Title: The Midnight Meat Train: Extreme Edition: Director's Cut
Holy smokes! Let me just start of by saying a big thanks to Sam for recommanding this one to me!

Glad you liked it!

Offline Piffi

• Heavy Poster
    • View Profile
« Reply #9 on: October 03, 2012, 12:50:33 AM »
Thank you Sir! :) And Vinnie was just a genious in this one aswell!
We'll Always Have Paris.

Thomas

Offline Piffi

• Heavy Poster
    • View Profile
« Reply #10 on: October 03, 2012, 10:57:06 PM »

Title: The Tortured
Year: 2010
Director: Rob Lieberman
Rating: Rated NR : Strong Scenes of Torture and Gore
Length: 82 Min.
Video: Widescreen 1.78:1
Audio: Engelsk: DTS-HD Master Audio: 5.1, Engelsk: PCM: 2-Channel Stereo
Subtitles: Engelsk

Stars:
Jesse Metcalfe
Erika Christensen
Bill Lippincott
Bill Moseley
Fulvio Cecere
Thomas Greenwood

Plot:
The perfect marriage of Craig (Jesse Metcalfe - Desperate Housewives) and Elise Landry (Erika Christensen - Six Degrees, Flight Plan) is suddenly shattered when their young son is abducted and murdered. When the killer (Bill Mosely - Halloween, The Devil's Rejects) is brought to trial, he manages to plea bargain his way to a lighter sentence. Utterly outraged by this miscarriage of justice, the grieving parents decide to take matters into their own hands. They capture the murderer, imprison him and subject him to the same monstrous acts he perpetrated upon their defenseless child. The unforeseen consequences, however, challenge their ideas of vengeance, justice and the true nature of evil.

Extras:
Scenevalg
Bonus Trailers
Dokumentar
Interviews

My Review:
Its been a very slow day for me today movie vise. So much stuff been happening today. But me and a friend just watched this one. A movie about revenge. A married couple got their son kidnapped, and the kidnapper got a way to small sentence, so they decide to take the law in to their own hands. There of the title "The Tortured" the movie started of strong IMO. And we follow the couple's journey to justice. But the movie goes back and forth in time (something i dont like) from when the movie started and way before etc. Confusing and sometimes not good. But when we finally comes to the justice part. There was some very intense scenes, and some very detailed scenes. (very good efects in the movie) A lot of blood and gore again. And a very detailed torture hour. Not for the weak hearted. So they did a good job there. (you can see in the movie that its the producers behind SAW that made the movie) So a very good movie for you guys that like some blood and some very grapich images etc. (like saw) But the movie was bad filmed some places, and bad edited. And the acting wasnt at its best all the time. (wich drags it down a bit) But all in all, a very good movie again! Highly recommanded!

My Rating:
5/6

Movie Count:
We'll Always Have Paris.

Thomas

Offline Piffi

• Heavy Poster
    • View Profile
« Reply #11 on: October 04, 2012, 10:09:20 PM »

Title: Urban Legend
Year: 1998
Director: Jamie Blanks
Rating: Rated NR : Strong Bloody Violence and Horror
Length: 100 Min.
Video: Widescreen 2.40:1
Audio: Engelsk: Dolby TrueHD: 5.1, Italiensk: Dolby TrueHD: 5.1, Russisk: Dolby Digital: 5.1, Kommentar: Dolby Digital: 2-Channel Stereo
Subtitles: Arabic, Czech, Dansk, Engelsk, Finsk, Greek, Hebrew, Hindu, Hollandsk, Hungarian, Icelandic, Italiensk, Norsk, Polish, Russisk, Svensk, Turkish, Kommentar

Stars:
Jared Leto
Alicia Witt
Rebecca Gayheart
Michael Rosenbaum
Loretta Devine
Joshua Jackson

Plot:
When New England college student Natalie finds herself at the center of a series of sadistic murders seemingly inspired by urban legends, she resolves to find the truth about Pendleton's own legend - a 25 year old story of a student massacre at the hands of an abnormal Psych professor. As the fraternities prepare to celebrate the macabre anniversary, Natalie discovers that she is the focus of the crazed killer's intentions in the ultimate urban legend - the story of her own horrific murder.

Extras:
Scenevalg
Audio Commentary
Bonus Trailers
Dokumentar
BD-Live

My Review:
With this one, i actually had NO IDEA what to think at all. Hadnt heard of it or anything before i bought it. A blind buy on my part. I only knew what was said on the cover. "Very bloody and a intence horror"
So, i put it on, a few hours ago, didnt know what to think. And it started of great, with some nice action. But the movie slowed it pace down very quickly after that. For me the movie reminded me very much about the Scream movies. The story was allright, the acting could have been better. But i liked where they were going with it, but just in a too slow pace for me. And there wasnt too many twist (one) And those scare moments and all those bloody scenes, they could have done alot more of those! But, the movie had its moments here and there. And i like how they did they "i did it" angle. An ok horror movie. A movie you should check out if you are a Scream fan. If not, dont bother IMO.

My Rating:
3/6

Movie Count:
We'll Always Have Paris.

Thomas

Offline DSig

• Heavy Poster
    • View Profile
« Reply #12 on: October 04, 2012, 10:58:36 PM »
I liked both the original and the second one.  No rocket science but just a fun watch.
Thank you
David

Offline Piffi

• Heavy Poster
    • View Profile
« Reply #13 on: October 04, 2012, 11:08:31 PM »
I liked both the original and the second one.  No rocket science but just a fun watch.

What movie was that?  :-[
We'll Always Have Paris.

Thomas

Offline Jimmy

• Mega Heavy Poster
  • Yes this is me...
    • View Profile
« Reply #14 on: October 04, 2012, 11:40:40 PM »
Urban Legend : Final Cut, it was released 2 years after...

As David said they are fun to watch but kind of dumb... Personally I think the sequel is better. Just pretend a third one doesn't exist, believe me it's for the best :laugh:

I have seen them in a theatre and it's the kind of film who are better on a big screen (at least the theatre were not full of annoying douchebags 12 years ago).

And it started of great, with some nice action.
This is sure one of the best pre-credit sequence in an horror film :D