Author Topic: My Personal Horrorfest  (Read 13067 times)

Offline Piffi

• Heavy Poster
    • View Profile
Re: My Personal Horrorfest
« Reply #45 on: October 10, 2012, 01:58:24 PM »
Its a masterpiece. A endless classic!
A movie that i could watch over and over again  :-[
We'll Always Have Paris.

Thomas

Offline Piffi

• Heavy Poster
    • View Profile
« Reply #46 on: October 10, 2012, 02:04:11 PM »

Title: Omen II
Year: 1978
Director: Don Taylor
Rating: Rated NR : Language: Occasional, Mild; Violence: Frequent, Moderate; Other: Horror, Anti-Christ
Length: 107 Min.
Video: Widescreen 2.35:1
Audio: Engelsk: DTS-HD Master Audio: 5.1, Fransk: DTS: 5.1, Italiensk: DTS: 5.1, Kommentar: Dolby Digital: 2-Channel Stereo
Subtitles: Dansk, Engelsk, Finsk, Fransk, Hollandsk, Italiensk, Norsk, Svensk, Kommentar

Stars:
William Holden (1918)
Lee Grant
Jonathan Scott-Taylor
Robert Foxworth
Nicholas Pryor
Lew Ayres

Plot:
The chilling tale of Damien, the son of Satan whose birth was prophesised in the Book of Revelations, began with The Omen, and continues in this second compelling installment of The Omen Trilogy. Seven years have passed since Damien narrowly escaped death at the hands of his own father. Now he is 13 years old and lives with his uncle Richard Thorn (William Holden), his aunt Ann (Lee Grant) and cousin Mark.

As Damien discovers his powers and how to use them, powerful protectors, the disciples of evil, watch over the boy. His uncle gradually comes to suspect that the boy is not as innocent as he appears, while his aunt steadfastly refuses to believe the warnings and protects Damien as if he were her own. But others are aware of Damien’s true nature. Time is growing short... as the forces of good and evil battle each other to a taut and terrifying end, will Damien be destroyed by one of the many who try, or will he survive and flourish as the embodiment of evil on earth?

Extras:
Scenevalg
Audio Commentary
Feature Trailers

My Review:
Wow! Damien is back, and better and bader then ever! I loved what they did with the story here, how they continued the whole thing. And see Damien that much older, was interesting aswell. As said, the story was great in this one too. It had me glued to the tv the whole time. And there was a few moments in the movie i wont forget! And i really loved how they have written the whole series so far. And the helpers to Damien. Let me just say this, i didnt see that one coming! Wow. For me (so far) one of the greatest horrorseries i've seen. (up there almost with Hannibal Lector series) This movie was just great, the pace was fast aswell, it was happening stuff all the time. And i like how the two movies are kinda connected! And the music? WOW! I'm looking forward to see what they have done with the last and third movie! Damien as an adult? well, that will be interesting! A movie series i highly recommand so far!

My Rating:
6/6

Movie Count:
We'll Always Have Paris.

Thomas

Offline Piffi

• Heavy Poster
    • View Profile
« Reply #47 on: October 12, 2012, 01:43:39 PM »

Title: Omen III
Year: 1981
Director: Graham Baker
Rating: Rated NR : Language: Infrequent, Mild; Sex/Nudity: Once, Strong; Violence: Occasional, Strong; Other: Satanism, Horror
Length: 108 Min.
Audio: Engelsk: DTS-HD Master Audio: 5.1, Fransk: DTS: 5.1, Italiensk: DTS: 5.1, Kommentar: Dolby Digital: 2-Channel Stereo
Subtitles: Dansk, Engelsk, Finsk, Fransk, Hollandsk, Italiensk, Norsk, Svensk

Stars:
Sam Neill
Rossano Brazzi
Don Gordon
Lisa Harrow
Barnaby Holm
Mason Adams

Plot:
Armageddon has come and the Evil One stands among us. His name is Damien Thorn and the power of evil is no longer in the hands of a child. A terrifying chapter in the Omen Trilogy sees the fate of all mankind hanging in the balance, as the battle lines are drawn for the ultimate war between good and evil... for The Final Conflict.

Damien Thorn (Sam Neill) is now 32, a coldly calculating being whose creed is evil, whose ambition is world domination and whose only loyalties are to himself and the father he serves. To attain his ends he will kill anyone in his way, be it friend, enemy, disciple or lover.

Only a dedicated priest (Rossano Brazzi) whose mission is to destroy the AntiChrist and who has at his command the seven sacred daggers of Megiddo, stands between Damien and his desire to bring the world to the brink of global chaos.

Extras:
Scenevalg
Audio Commentary
Feature Trailers

My Review:
Well, this was interesting.A good this one awell, with a strong continuation with the story and all. I liked what they did with this actually. Even though it was a good movie, it was the one i enjoyed the least. But a good movie, and a very good filmseries. I've really enjoyed what they have done with The Omen franchise. After a slow day yesterday with no movies at all. I hope maby i will get one more in today. But for the The Omen 1-3, IMO its a must have\watch for you horrorfans out there! I liked how they started the series of, and i liked how they ended it all! Even tho the last movie was rushed a few places. I enjoyed it, and the music aswell just amazing. As the 2 movies before.
I Highy recommand "The Omen" series for the horror fans out there!

My Rating:
4/6

Movie Count:
We'll Always Have Paris.

Thomas

Offline Piffi

• Heavy Poster
    • View Profile
« Reply #48 on: October 12, 2012, 01:51:35 PM »
Hm, so now what.. What should i try to check out next?
The Alian Saga, or The Resident Evil Saga?  :-[
We'll Always Have Paris.

Thomas

samuelrichardscott

« Reply #49 on: October 12, 2012, 01:56:32 PM »
Alien beats RE every time. ;)

Offline Piffi

• Heavy Poster
    • View Profile
« Reply #50 on: October 12, 2012, 02:07:33 PM »
Alien beats RE every time. ;)

Nice! I remember i've watched one of the RE movies before.
But never Alien! So i guess Alien it is ;)
See if i got some time on my hands later to night :)
We'll Always Have Paris.

Thomas

Offline Piffi

• Heavy Poster
    • View Profile
« Reply #51 on: October 13, 2012, 01:50:43 PM »

Title: Prowl: After Dark Originals
Year: 2010
Director: Patrik Syversen
Rating: Rated 15 : Strong Language, Bloody Violence and Horror
Length: 81 Min.
Audio: Engelsk: DTS-HD Master Audio: 5.1
Subtitles: English, Swedish, Norwegian

Stars:
Ruta Gedmintas
Joshua Bowman
Perdita Weeks
Jamie Blackley
Courtney Hope
Saxon Trainor

Plot:
Amber dreams of escaping her small town existence and persuades her friends to accompany her to find an apartment in the big city. When their transportation breaks down, she and her friends gratefully accept a ride in the back of a truck. But when the driver refuses to stop and they discover the cargo is hundreds of cartons of blood, they begin to really panic. Their panic turns to terror when the truck disgorges them into a dark, abandoned warehouse where blood-thirsty creatures learn to hunt human prey, which the friends realize, is what they now are...

Extras:
Scenevalg
Feature Trailers
Bonus Trailers

My Review:
My Thoughts:
Hm, well. I'm not going to say much about this one really. Just a few things. I do indeed like a good gore horror movie, with alot of blood and other creepy stuff. (SAW, The Collector etc) And it was a bit of blood in this one aswell. Thats about it really. The story was boring, nothing new that i havent seen before. The actors wasnt at its best, the filming was ok. The music.. There wasnt much of that really. The makeup team did a allright job actually. But the movie itself, had potential, but it failed me. The story was boring and slow. And you know halfway trough how it would end. A few ok scenes, not too much scare moments really. So for horrorfans out there. I would NOT recommand this one actually.

I have now reached my goal of 20 movies this marathon! :D
But hopefully i will get a few more movies in, over the weekend!  :-[

My Rating:
2/6

Movie Count:
We'll Always Have Paris.

Thomas

Offline Piffi

• Heavy Poster
    • View Profile
« Reply #52 on: October 13, 2012, 06:35:52 PM »

Title: Frontier(s)
Year: 2007
Director: Xavier Gens
Rating: Från 15 år
Length: 103 Min.
Audio: Fransk: DTS-HD Master Audio: 5.1, Fransk: Dolby Digital: 5.1
Subtitles: Engelsk, Finsk, Norsk, Svensk

Stars:
Karina Testa
Samuel Le Bihan
Estelle Lefébure
Aurélien Wiik
David Saracino
Chems Dahmani

Plot:
In Paris, during the riots due to the election of a conservative candidate to the presidency of France, a group of four Muslin small-time criminal teenagers from the periphery; Alex, Tom, Farid, the pregnant Yasmine, and her brother Sami, plan to run away from Paris to Amsterdam with a bag full of robbed money. However, Sami is shot and the group split up, with Alex and Yasmine going to the emergency hospital with Sami while Tom and Farid head to the border with the money. Tom and Farid decide to stop in a bed and breakfast nearby the frontier, and are hosted by Gilberte and Klaudia that offer free room and sex to the newcomers. They call Alex and Yasmine who are fleeing from Paris to join them in the inn. But soon they discover that their hosts are sadistic cannibals of a Nazi family leaded by the deranged patriarch and former SS officer and Nazi war criminal Le Von Geisler who plans to make Yasmine the brood mare for a new Aryan master race.

Extras:
None

My Review:
Ok, this is a French horror movie i bought in a blind buy (again!) a while back. But never got around to watch before now. The movie starts of a bit slow, but after a while it picks up again. The movie is a very sick and twisted one. The story was twisted aswell. So for the horror in it, it did its job great! I will have to say that. The acting was good too, the visual efects was done great too! And some of the scenes.. Were just.. I dont know. I liked it for the horror part. But its not a movie for the people with a weak heart, or is easy offended! THEN DONT WATCH IT! But for the hardcore horrorfan. Why not? Just beware, there are some -on the edge- stuff in the movie that i didnt like. But horrorwise, and what they did with the movie, i think they did a good job. Everything from the acting, from the filming to the makeup etc. But as said. Dont watch it, if you got a weak heart or is easy offended!!

My Rating:
4/6

Movie Count:
We'll Always Have Paris.

Thomas

Offline Piffi

• Heavy Poster
    • View Profile
« Reply #53 on: October 14, 2012, 01:28:14 PM »

Title: Alien
Year: 1979
Director: Ridley Scott
Rating: Unrated
Length: 116 Min.
Audio: Engelsk: DTS-HD Master Audio: 5.1, Engelsk: Dolby Digital: 4.1, Engelsk: Dolby Digital: Dolby Surround, Portugisisk: Dolby Digital: 5.1, Fransk: DTS: 5.1, Tysk: DTS: 5.1, Spansk: Dolby Digital: 5.1, Kommentar: Dolby Digital: 2-Channel Stereo, Kommentar: Dolby Digital: 2-Channel Stereo, Kun musikk: Dolby Digital: 5.1, Kun musikk: Dolby Digital: 5.1
Subtitles: Dansk, Engelsk, Finsk, Fransk, Hollandsk, Norsk, Portugisisk, Spansk, Svensk, Tysk, Kommentar

Stars:
Tom Skerritt
Sigourney Weaver
Veronica Cartwright
Harry Dean Stanton
John Hurt
Ian Holm

Plot:
"Alien" is the first movie of one of the most popular sagas in science fiction history, and introduces Sigourney Weaver as Ripley, the iron-willed woman destined to battle the galaxy's ultimate creature.

The terror begins when the crew of the spaceship Nostromo investigates a transmission from a desolate planet and makes a horrifying discovery – a life form that breeds within a human host. Now the crew must fight not only for its own survival, but for the survival of all mankind.

Extras:
Scenevalg
Audio Commentary
Slettede scener
MU-TH-UR Mode Interactive Experience

My Review:
Wow, i hadnt seen this movie before. But heard alot about it. So now i finally got the canche to check it out. It starts of strong right of the bat, and its kinda stays like that trough out the movie. I really loved this movie. Loved the story, loved how they made it all work together and it seemed kinda perfect. Here they are in somekind of a spaceship, and ready to go home. And suddenly they notices that they have a blind passanger on board. And in the hunt for this passanger, alot of crazy stuff happens, wich had me interested in the movie! I was glued to the tv from start to finish. And i really LOVE what they have done with both the makeups, and the visual efects. And hey, isnt that spaceship kinda awesome or what? Oh, and i really loved the ending on the movie aswell! This was 2hours very well spent! Highly recommanded for all the moviefans out there i would say! Perfect!

My Rating:
6/6

Movie Count:
We'll Always Have Paris.

Thomas

Offline Piffi

• Heavy Poster
    • View Profile
« Reply #54 on: October 14, 2012, 03:24:40 PM »

Title: The Cabin in the Woods
Year: 2012
Director: Drew Goddard
Rating: Rated R : Strong Bloody Horror Violence and Gore, Language, Drug Use and Some Sexuality/Nudity
Length: 105 Min.
Video: Widescreen 2.40:1
Audio: Engelsk: DTS-HD Master Audio: 7.1
Subtitles: Engelsk, Spansk

Stars:
Sigourney Weaver
Kristen Connolly
Chris Hemsworth
Anna Hutchison
Fran Kranz
Jesse Williams

Plot:
A rambunctious group of five college friends steal away for a weekend of debauchery in an isolated country cabin, only to be attacked by horrific supernatural creatures in a night of endless terror and bloodshed. Sound familiar? Just wait. As the teens begin to exhibit standard horror movie behavior, a group of technicians in a control room are scrutinizing, and sometimes even controlling, every move the terrified kids make! With their efforts continually thwarted by an all-powerful "eye in the sky," do they have any chance of escape?

Extras:
Audio Commentary
Dokumentar
Interviews
Digital Copy
Bouns View Mode

My Review:
Well, this was a movie that i was looking forward to see. And i finally got around to it. It started of a bit weird. And for me it actually was a weird movie. (weird can be good! Dont get me wrong) There was a few good moments in the movie. A very different movie than i was expecting me. But i liked what they did with the visual efects and the makeup team. A bit different story then what i tought it would be. But an enjoyble movie. A movie that you should check out if you like a bit different\weird movie IMO

My Rating:
3/6

Movie Count:
We'll Always Have Paris.

Thomas

Offline Piffi

• Heavy Poster
    • View Profile
« Reply #55 on: October 14, 2012, 07:53:44 PM »

Title: The Silence of the Lambs
Year: 1991
Director: Jonathan Demme
Rating: 15 år
Length: 118 Min.
Video: Widescreen 1.85:1
Audio: Engelsk: DTS-HD Master Audio: 5.1, Fransk: DTS: 5.1
Subtitles: Dansk, Engelsk, Finsk, Fransk, Hollandsk, Norsk, Svensk

Stars:
Jodie Foster
Lawrence A. Bonney
Kasi Lemmons
Lawrence T. Wrentz
Scott Glenn
Anthony Heald

Plot:
Young FBI agent Clarice Starling is assigned to help find a missing woman to save her from a psychopathic serial killer who skins his victims. Clarice attempts to gain a better insight into the twisted mind of the killer by talking to another psychopath Hannibal Lecter, who used to be a respected psychiatrist. FBI agent Jack Crawford believes that Lecter, who is also a very powerful and clever mind manipulator, has the answers to their questions and can help locate the killer. However, Clarice must first gain Lecter's confidence before the inmate will give away any information.

Extras:
Scenevalg
Feature Trailers

My Review:
Wow, what a movie really! Its one of my favourite movies of all times. The way the series starts. (I havent read any of the books) But what a masterpiece, that keeps you on the edge of your seat the whole entire time. The suspence + the horror at the same time is just brilliantly made. And for Jodie Foster wow. What a amazing job she did with this. As for Sir Anthony Hopkins.. Wow wow. What can i say? I think he\Hannibal Lector might just be the greatest villian on tv of all times. If you know any better, please let me know. I just watched this masterpiece on bluray, and i have to say they did a great job with the transfer. Highly recommanded to check out the bluray version, for you HD guys out there! And for you that havent seen any of the Hannibal movies yet. Please check it out! Its a must see\have for a movie fan. Just amazing! Highly Highly recommanded!

My Rating:
6/6

Movie Count:
We'll Always Have Paris.

Thomas

Offline addicted2dvd

• Forum Inventory
    • View Profile
« Reply #56 on: October 15, 2012, 01:58:25 PM »
I watched The Cabin in the Woods this past weekend myself.  Seems I liked it quite a bit more then you did though. After watching the film... I watched it again with the commentary track on. And I seldomly do that!
Pete

Offline Piffi

• Heavy Poster
    • View Profile
« Reply #57 on: October 15, 2012, 05:43:41 PM »
Nice Pete! It just happend too much weird stuff IMO in the movie.
But i went in to the movie expecting alot of it, and a whole different
story really. But i will check it out again later. Maby i'll like it better
We'll Always Have Paris.

Thomas

Offline Piffi

• Heavy Poster
    • View Profile
« Reply #58 on: October 17, 2012, 01:14:42 PM »

Title: Cassadaga
Year: 2011
Director: Anthony DiBlasi   
Rating: 15 år
Length: 108 Min.
Video: Widescreen 1.85:1
Audio: Engelsk: DTS-HD Master Audio: 5.1, Fransk: DTS: 5.1
Subtitles: Dansk, Engelsk, Finsk, Fransk, Hollandsk, Norsk, Svensk

Stars:
Louise Fletcher
Kevin Alejandro
Kelen Coleman

Plot:
Devastated by the death of her younger sister, Lily Morel seeks solace at the spiritualist community of Cassadaga. But instead of finding closure, she contacts something else - the vengeful ghost of a murdered young woman. With her life crumbling all-around her, Lily races to unravel the mysterious circumstances surrounding the woman's death - a task that will bring her face-to-face with a sadistic serial killer known only as "Geppetto"

Extras:
Scenevalg
Feature Trailers

My Review:
Well, after a very slow start to this week. With no movies at all. and a computer that crashed! Wich i had to get a new one, and alot of stuff going on. And tomorrow i'm going to be gone all day aswell. So this is going to be a reaaal slow week for me! Wow. But i finally got a movie in today.
A movie that started of actually quite strong! Had great potential. But after 15/20minutes it all got very slow, almost nothing happend. The story was easy to predict for me. I kinda knew what would happen halfway trough. But there was a few ok scenes tho, but for the horror in this horrorflick. Too slow, nothing much happening. To little of those scare moments. And a bit dull movie. A story that i've seen alot before. A movie that i unfortunatly wont recommand. A movie i was looking forward to atctually, but a movie that dissapointed me i guess.

My Rating:
2/6

Movie Count:
We'll Always Have Paris.

Thomas

Offline Piffi

• Heavy Poster
    • View Profile
« Reply #59 on: October 17, 2012, 09:40:59 PM »

Title: Doom
Year: 2005
Director: Andrzej Bartkowiak
Rating: Rated 15 : Strong violence, horror, gore and language
Length: 113 Min.
Audio: Japanese: DTS: 5.1, English: DTS-HD Master Audio: 5.1, French: DTS: 5.1, Italian: DTS: 5.1, German: DTS: 5.1, Spanish: DTS: 5.1
Subtitles: Chinese, Danish, Dutch, English, Finnish, French, German, Greek, Italian, Japanese, Korean, Norwegian, Portuguese, Spanish, Swedish

Stars:
Karl Urban
Rosamund Pike
Deobia Oparei
Ben Daniels
Raz Adoti
Richard Brake

Plot:
Something has gone wrong at a remote scientific research station on Mars. All research has ceased. Communication has failed. And the messages that do get through are less than comforting. It's a level 5 quarantine, and the only souls allowed in or out are the Rapid Response Tactical Squad, a squadron armed to the teeth with unprecedented firepower to carry on their mission: nothing gets out alive.

But a legion of nightmarish creatures of unknown origin lurks behind every wall and stalks the countless rooms and tunnels... far more powerful and blood-thirsty than anyone could ever imagine.

Doom brings you all the visceral excitement and startling action that made its game predecessor a global phenomenon.

Extras:
Scene Access
Featurettes
Closed Captioned

My Review:
I've played the game "Doom" alot when i was younger. And i really enjoyed that, so i was looking forward to checking this one out. See if it was anything like it. And i have to say, they did a good job with it. Reminded me alot of the videogames! Good job on that part. And for the movie itself, its starts of real strong, and never lets go. Its an real intense movie about a group of soldiers that has to travel to a galaxy far away, to save some people. And as in the games, thats not as easy as it sounds. With monsters, aliens. Humans that are not human. A great sci-fi horror flick with some real good moments trough out the movie. And what the makeup team and the visual efects team have done with this movie is just amazing imo. The sound aswell! WOW. And the story had me interested too. A real great movie to watch. I highly recommand this one for the horror and sci-fi fans out there! A good 2 hours spent IMO!
And if you liked the videogames i almost guarantee you that you will enjoy the movie aswell! :)

My Rating:
5/6

Movie Count:
We'll Always Have Paris.

Thomas