Author Topic: DVD Profiler 3.8.1  (Read 17501 times)

Offline Blair

• Heavy Poster
  • ¡umop apisdn w,I
    • View Profile
    • My DVD Collection
Re: DVD Profiler 3.8.1
« Reply #30 on: June 26, 2012, 05:13:55 AM »
and the color / Black and white non sense isn't over... This one is such a waste of time and an useless bad addition idea.
But he didn't do things for nothing. It had been suggested by someone, +1'ed but some people, and I assume it was easy to add, so there you go.
I have a collection.
It can be found here.
No need to check it often.
I update it only twice a year!

Never go to bed mad. Sleep on the couch instead.

There are a few broken branches in every family tree.

Offline goodguy

• Heavy Poster
  • Colleen West never liked the first light of day.
    • View Profile
« Reply #31 on: June 26, 2012, 05:33:45 AM »
I'm still using v3.6, so I don't see any of this. Kudos to Ken for keeping things backward compatible, I guess.
Matthias

Offline Jimmy

• Mega Heavy Poster
  • Yes this is me...
    • View Profile
« Reply #32 on: June 26, 2012, 05:39:51 AM »
It had been suggested by someone, +1'ed but some people.
and those people haven't predict how stupid it will be when 99.9% of all the films / TV shows / Live Performances DVD / Video Compilation will be submited again to state the obvious....

THEY ARE IN COLOR

Offline addicted2dvd

• Forum Inventory
    • View Profile
« Reply #33 on: June 26, 2012, 01:28:10 PM »
I don't know... maybe 99.9% of your collection. I barely got started going through my collection and already up over 300 B&W titles. So that will definitely not be the case in my collection.  Matter of fact Ken seen so much that would have to have B&W in the database he scrapped his original idea of defaulting all profiles to color to start with.
Pete

Offline Jimmy

• Mega Heavy Poster
  • Yes this is me...
    • View Profile
« Reply #34 on: June 26, 2012, 01:36:49 PM »
I don't know... maybe 99.9% of your collection.
I was talking of the profile I see in my voting queue and yes 99.9999% of them add color :laugh:
I have no intention to go through all my profile to add that information... just doesn't seem important to me. I know wich one of my films aren't in color and I can't see any practical reason to add this...

Matter of fact Ken seen so much that would have to have B&W in the database he scrapped his original idea of defaulting all profiles to color to start with.
Don't be sure maybe in two years he will say it's a bug and rewrote history again...
« Last Edit: June 26, 2012, 01:39:14 PM by Jimmy »

Offline addicted2dvd

• Forum Inventory
    • View Profile
« Reply #35 on: June 26, 2012, 01:48:12 PM »
You shouldn't be seeing hardly any profiles come up to vote as ONLY adding color. He has an automatic approval for anything that ONLY fills in the color field. They don't go to the vote and they don't go to the screeners. Just instant approvals. He did however say some would slip through... any that is added when the updates are released each night. Said it is like a 10min widow each night that they will not be automatically accepted. He added this weeks back... and I know I personally in that time only seen 1 color field only come up for vote.

If you are talking about contributions that also add/fix other fields... then not sure what the problem is. Would be going through anyway.
Pete

W0m6at

« Reply #36 on: June 27, 2012, 02:32:27 AM »
I was pretty lucky with the color/B&W stuff, because I was already tracking that with tags. With the automatic approval and the "Skip all unchanged", things are running pretty smoothly at my end. I've even picked up on a few that I've gotten wrong (and there have also been a few auto-approves that I've rejected at my end). Unfortunately I do most of my DVDPing from work, where I can't contribute (it fails).

It does look like some people are getting confused between colour and colourised. I've voted down an update for Earth vs. the Flying Saucers. I would have thought "Colorized" on the cover might have been a hint.

When things settle down in my life (moved into a new house 2mths ago, getting married in 1mth with only 2mths total prep-time, workplace shuffling) I'm thinking of having some themed movie nights. One thing I'm keen to look at doing is have a Black & White night. Only B&W movies, everyone dressed in Black and White only. If I can get creative, I'd love to expand it over to the food too. Then blow people's minds... perhaps Electric Dragon 80,000V and City of Life and Death or The Lost Skeleton of Cadavra and Metropolis.

Offline goodguy

• Heavy Poster
  • Colleen West never liked the first light of day.
    • View Profile
« Reply #37 on: July 04, 2012, 02:47:19 PM »
I'm still using v3.6, so I don't see any of this. Kudos to Ken for keeping things backward compatible, I guess.

Sadly it seems no longer to be compatible.  :weep: I didn't want to update the plugins I'm using, but now I probably have to.
Matthias

Offline DJ Doena

• Administrator
  • Mega Heavy Poster
  • Battle Troll
    • View Profile
    • My Blog
« Reply #38 on: November 21, 2012, 06:04:55 AM »
Beta 3.8.2 is out.
Karsten

Abraham Lincoln once said The trouble with quotes from the internet is that you never know if they're genuine.

my Blog | my DVD Profiler Tools

Offline Tom

• Mega Heavy Poster
    • View Profile
    • Cinematic Collection Viewer
« Reply #39 on: November 21, 2012, 08:02:48 PM »
Has anyone already installed it? Are there changes in the XML export?

Offline DJ Doena

• Administrator
  • Mega Heavy Poster
  • Battle Troll
    • View Profile
    • My Blog
« Reply #40 on: November 21, 2012, 08:05:50 PM »
I have installed it but haven't checked the XML yet.

But I doubt there are any changes since there aren't really any new esktop features.
Karsten

Abraham Lincoln once said The trouble with quotes from the internet is that you never know if they're genuine.

Offline Jimmy

• Mega Heavy Poster
  • Yes this is me...
    • View Profile
« Reply #41 on: November 21, 2012, 08:27:11 PM »
Has anyone already installed it?
Not me. I don't see anything in the list of features to made me test it, maybe I'll update when it'll be official or maybe I won't. It doesn't look like something new was added to me :shrug:

Offline DJ Doena

• Administrator
  • Mega Heavy Poster
  • Battle Troll
    • View Profile
    • My Blog
« Reply #42 on: June 13, 2013, 07:46:31 PM »
To be perfectly honest, I doubt this is going to lead anywhere, but:

Do you remember Ken saying (2 years ago!) he wanted to take another stab at the Cast/Crew system?

There is still a pinned topic in the contribution forum about it, but it has gone quiet.

Still, I toyed with some ideas and I found a way to keep the existing system and yet add a proper cast/crew linking on top. I wrote a Demo Client app.

Check it out: http://www.invelos.com/Forums.aspx?task=viewtopic&topicID=509284&PageNum=13&messageID=2113974#M2113974
Karsten

Offline addicted2dvd

• Forum Inventory
    • View Profile
« Reply #43 on: June 13, 2013, 07:52:11 PM »
I downloaded your demo... and I really couldn't get it to do anything. I tried to add a new cast member to the pilot episode.... no luck.... I did have the pilot chosen... but it still added it under episode 2... not attached to either episode. I tried adding a new episode... didn't work... only got a blank space where episode 3 should have been.
Pete

Offline DJ Doena

• Administrator
  • Mega Heavy Poster
  • Battle Troll
    • View Profile
    • My Blog
« Reply #44 on: June 13, 2013, 07:56:51 PM »
I downloaded your demo... and I really couldn't get it to do anything. I tried to add a new cast member to the pilot episode.... no luck.... I did have the pilot chosen... but it still added it under episode 2... not attached to either episode. I tried adding a new episode... didn't work... only got a blank space where episode 3 should have been.

When you press "Add Cast Member" in the main screen, it will just add another cast member (like if it were a movie).

If you want to add another cast member to the episode, select it, edit it and add a cast member there.

I'll make a video.
Karsten