Author Topic: RossRoy's Random Viewings  (Read 295852 times)

Offline Achim

• Mega Heavy Poster
    • View Profile
Re: RossRoy's Random Viewings
« Reply #555 on: August 02, 2010, 03:33:08 AM »
In Internet Explorer the yoom button (shows a percentage) is usually in the bottom right corner of the screen. If just clicked it goes 100-125-150-100. If the "pull up" is activated, other choices are available.

Sanuye

« Reply #556 on: August 02, 2010, 05:34:13 PM »
You can learn something everyday! I never noticed that  :-[
« Last Edit: August 02, 2010, 05:35:50 PM by Sanuye »

Najemikon

« Reply #557 on: August 02, 2010, 07:05:02 PM »
In Internet Explorer the yoom button (shows a percentage) is usually in the bottom right corner of the screen. If just clicked it goes 100-125-150-100. If the "pull up" is activated, other choices are available.

A "Yoom Button"? What that do?  :tease:

Offline Dragonfire

• Mega Heavy Poster
    • View Profile
    • Dragonfire88 Pbwiki
« Reply #558 on: August 03, 2010, 12:30:38 AM »
 :laugh:

It probably yooms...whatever that is.

Offline Achim

• Mega Heavy Poster
    • View Profile
« Reply #559 on: August 03, 2010, 03:49:00 PM »

That happens occasionally when you use an English/US keyboard at home and a german keyboard at work (for the alphabet only the Y and Z keys are swapped).

kahless

« Reply #560 on: August 03, 2010, 05:29:42 PM »

That happens occasionally when you use an English/US keyboard at home and a german keyboard at work (for the alphabet only the Y and Z keys are swapped).

At work I have sometimes to deal with Norwegian keybord layout - that's sometimes really funny with the umlauts and additional characters if you normally use the German keyboard.  ;D
« Last Edit: August 03, 2010, 05:32:06 PM by kahless »

RossRoy

« Reply #561 on: August 04, 2010, 08:05:15 AM »
I was starting to hate that new mouse because it didn't behave the same way as my previous one. But I found the perfect game to "practice" on that new mouse and get a feel of how it behaves: Plants vs Zombies. I just lost 3 hours to it  :bag:

Sanuye

« Reply #562 on: August 05, 2010, 01:08:25 AM »
I practiced on Hammer Heads  :bag:

Offline Achim

• Mega Heavy Poster
    • View Profile
« Reply #563 on: August 05, 2010, 02:51:39 AM »
Plants vs. Zombies and Hammer Heads are both from PopCap and therefore the digital equivalent of crack.

RossRoy

« Reply #564 on: August 06, 2010, 06:12:53 AM »
Plants vs. Zombies and Hammer Heads are both from PopCap and therefore the digital equivalent of crack.

You can say that again!

I tried Hammer Heads, not my cup of tea. But Plants vs Zombies? I just can't get enough! And I usually hate tower defense style games... But it's all the little variations they put in that are so much fun.

RossRoy

« Reply #565 on: August 06, 2010, 06:25:59 AM »
Doctor Who: Series 2
WHAT THEY SAY
Episode list
1. The Christmas Invasion
2. New Earth
3. Tooth And Claw
4. School Reunion
5. The Girl In The Fireplace
6. Rise Of The Cyberman
7. The Age Of Steel
8. The Idiot's Lantern
9. The Impossible Planet
10. The Satan Pit
11. Love & Monsters
12. Fear Her
13. Army Of Ghosts
14. Doomsday

MY THOUGHTS
Still going strong from a great start in S1. David Tennant is a marvelous, if different, Doctor. Love him too!

I'll admit some episodes were a bit shaky. Not exactly bad, but far from great. But as always, the chemistry and play between David Tennant and Billie Piper kept it interesting.

And that finale.... I still can't believe it. Why? Oh Why? .... Ah well, guess we'll see how it pans out in S3. (Which I now need to acquire - pronto!)

RATING

RossRoy

« Reply #566 on: August 08, 2010, 09:32:34 PM »
Damn! I finished the Adventure Mode of Plants vs Zombies the other day.. Very addictive game! ;)
But that credit song... Can you say earworm!! I can't get it out of my mind!!

RossRoy

« Reply #567 on: August 13, 2010, 06:18:52 AM »
Doctor Who: Series 3
WHAT THEY SAY
Episode list:
Special: The Runaway Bride
1.Smith and Jones
2.The Shakespeare Code
3.Gridlock
4.Daleks in Manhattan
5.Evolution of the Daleks
6.The Lazarus Experiment
8.Human Nature
9.The Family of Blood
10.Blink
11.Utopia
12.The Sound of Drums
13.The Last of the Time Lords

MY THOUGHTS
Wow! What a series! I love it - through and through.

I loved the Shakespeare episode with the word powered witches with Shakespeare as the word master. It was really well.

The whole series was well done. I loved Freeme Agyeman as the companion. I was concerned, because I had grown to really like Rose, but turns out Martha Jones is really good.

And those final three episodes. Wow. Quality TV. Loved every second of it! I love The Master as an antagonist. Oh and Lucy Saxon (played by Alexandra Moen) is just gorgeous! Look at how cute she looks when she bobs her head at 0:04 in this video

It also highlights something I really like about Doctor Who. They surprise you all the time. At almost every corner, you have no idea what's to come. Just take this above little clip. Just before what you see in that clip above, is all serious, and looking rather bad. Things are looking grim. And then, out of the blue, the insanity of The Master shows with that upbeat song just as the spheres arrive!

Brilliant!

And they somewhat repeat the process in the next episode - brilliant passing across what The Master is thinking

:hysterical: Love it!

And how better to create anticipation than by having the Tardis crashed into by... The Titanic!

Can't wait to know what happened!

Our friends the British sure know how to make good TV - I've yet to be disappointed in my choice from there. :thumbup:
Granted - I've been pretty selective about it! hahaha

RATING

« Last Edit: August 13, 2010, 06:32:00 AM by RossRoy »

Najemikon

« Reply #568 on: August 13, 2010, 07:05:25 PM »
Glad you enjoyed it! John Simm is fantastic as The Master and the moment the Doctor pulls himself back together is wonderful.

For more British TV brilliance, you can do no wrong with John Simm again in Life On Mars, which is simply awesome. The follow up, Ashes To Ashes hit it's stride after a wobbly start and the recent ending was a TV highlight of all time for me. :thumbup:

Another Doctor Who angle is the recent Sherlock, a modern retelling of Sherlock Holmes. Matt Smith, the current Doctor Who, and Sherlock actor Benedict Cumberbatch both auditioned for each others roles, I believe. It's written by Stephen Moffat who is the new chief Who writer and has been involved heavily for some time. You can really see the links between the series.

RossRoy

« Reply #569 on: August 13, 2010, 09:31:08 PM »
I was looking the other day for Life On Mars.. I think there's a boxset coming for R1 with the british version of it.

Same with Sherlock. You posted a video of it the other (well I think it was you) and I loved it. I'm keeping an eye.