Author Topic: Dont you just hate waiting on a package of DVDs to arrive  (Read 6758 times)

Offline Jimmy

• Mega Heavy Poster
  • Yes this is me...
    • View Profile
Re: Dont you just hate waiting on a package of DVDs to arrive
« Reply #30 on: September 04, 2012, 11:22:30 PM »
Now you can say nine :laugh:

I'm intrigued by this one since a long time but it was always costly in our region, but this 3 disc special edition is in the right target (£12.91 with delivery).

I'm almost certain that Mathias had written some good words about this film, but strangely I can't find a review written by him for it :shrug:

Offline Kathy

• Super Heavy Poster
    • View Profile
« Reply #31 on: September 13, 2012, 01:10:43 PM »
The only thing I'm impatient about is waiting for my computer to come back from being fixed - the second time.

I used it for 92 days before it broke and I've been without it for 45 so far. Unexceptable as far as I'm concerned.

The Office Depot manager, Mike, called me to let me know that my computer had returned. He turned it on and things looked to be okay. But, when I got it home an entire row of keys (mute button, eco etc.) did not work.

I immediately called and Mike said to bring it in which I did first thing the next morning. They worked on it for an hour and could not get those keys to work so I took it back home and a message was left for Mike that my computer was indeed still broken.

That evening I received a phone call that he was giving me a new computer with the 3 year extended warranty. So I ran right to the store and got my brand new computer.  :yahoo:

Offline Jimmy

• Mega Heavy Poster
  • Yes this is me...
    • View Profile
« Reply #32 on: September 13, 2012, 03:25:16 PM »
Now this is a phone call that we like to receive ;D

Offline addicted2dvd

• Forum Inventory
    • View Profile
« Reply #33 on: September 14, 2012, 02:36:47 AM »
The only thing I'm impatient about is waiting for my computer to come back from being fixed - the second time.

I used it for 92 days before it broke and I've been without it for 45 so far. Unexceptable as far as I'm concerned.

The Office Depot manager, Mike, called me to let me know that my computer had returned. He turned it on and things looked to be okay. But, when I got it home an entire row of keys (mute button, eco etc.) did not work.

I immediately called and Mike said to bring it in which I did first thing the next morning. They worked on it for an hour and could not get those keys to work so I took it back home and a message was left for Mike that my computer was indeed still broken.

That evening I received a phone call that he was giving me a new computer with the 3 year extended warranty. So I ran right to the store and got my brand new computer.  :yahoo:

Yay! congrats Kathy!  :thumbup:
Pete

Offline Achim

• Mega Heavy Poster
    • View Profile
« Reply #34 on: September 14, 2012, 06:55:23 AM »
Awesome, Kathy! Congratulation to your new computer.

Halo2

« Reply #35 on: September 14, 2012, 07:06:26 AM »
Kathy, now that is customer service!

Mustrum_Ridcully

« Reply #36 on: September 14, 2012, 11:28:59 AM »

Great news!
Even though (IMO) he should have offered this significantly sooner.
A Repair Time of 45 days is completely unacceptable at least for a brand new product with no significant problems of getting the required spare-parts.

Offline Kathy

• Super Heavy Poster
    • View Profile
« Reply #37 on: September 14, 2012, 02:50:03 PM »
I agree with you Michael - that is a long time. Although the computer was new, I got it on sale because that model was updated.

Sending it to Toshiba was the problem. They had it for close to a month, didn't repair anything and mailed it back so poorly packaged they broke the screen.

Once Office Depot got it back, it took 2 weeks to get the needed parts, fix it and mail it back to the store. I don't think they realized the one strip of keys was broken - I'm sure it was something else Toshiba broke when they had it.

Although Office Depot should have checked everything, that strip was fine when I had it and there was no mention of it needing repair in the work order.

They could have just fixed the problem but I would have been without the computer...again. The 3 year extended warranty starts from the day I got my new computer - something else they didn't have to do. So, I'm happy.