Author Topic: Dont you just hate waiting on a package of DVDs to arrive  (Read 6656 times)

kevin_1990

Dont you just hate waiting on a package of DVDs to arrive
« on: August 30, 2012, 01:19:17 PM »
im talking about a DVD or DVDs you are really exciteded about getting i ordered two boxsets one about 4 o clock friday night and another Monday after about half 1 in the afternoon i know the one of friday is to get posted 1st class i hope atleast one of them comes today!

box set i ordered on Friday was : mike tyson history 14 dvd collection. Mike tyson fought 58 pro fights this dvd has all 57 fights in full only fight it dosent have is one of his early fights against Larry Sims that was is 6th fight there is no knowing recording of this fight. the DVD also includes lots of speical features interviews,training video's,fight build ups,press conference.

The other boxset i ordered on Monday was : Muhammad Ali - History 19-DVD Box Set. This dvd has 48 full pro fights of Muhammad ali's career he fought a total of 61 pro fights so there is 13 pro fight missing but there early fights alot of muhammad ali's early fights were not recorded they do have all the important fights though. The dvd is also full of speical features interviews,training video's,fight build ups and press conferences.

if you love boxing and are a big fan of Mike Tyson or Muhammad Ali these dvds surely are a must have and i think the price is good for whats your getting.

link to history of Mike tyson dvd

http://www.mike-tyson-dvd.com/

link to history of muhammad ali dvd

http://www.boxing-dvd.info/muhammad_ali.html

Offline Kathy

• Super Heavy Poster
    • View Profile
Re: Dont you just hate waiting on a package of DVDs to arrive
« Reply #1 on: August 30, 2012, 11:33:27 PM »
I've got a bunch of DVDs on both boxers - you should really enjoy those box sets you picked up. I'll have to go through my collection and see what matches I might be missing before ordering these. I know my Ali set isn't a box set, it's 10 DVDs, but I can't recall if I'm missing any of his fights.

lmracer04

« Reply #2 on: August 31, 2012, 12:28:35 AM »
were do u usually order your dvds from

Offline Kathy

• Super Heavy Poster
    • View Profile
« Reply #3 on: August 31, 2012, 02:58:44 AM »
I'm not sure if you're addressing Kevin or me - but I get mine from various sources.

I like amazon.com. I always check their deals and holiday specials. I seldom buy things as soon as they are released any more. I have enough to watch so I'm willing to wait until the prices drop.

I also love my local craigslist, freecycle and local second hand stores. I've gotten unbelievable bargains - for example I picked up a bunch of mint Criterion and the entire collection of Lost on Blu-ray and $4 and change a piece!

Offline Jimmy

• Mega Heavy Poster
  • Yes this is me...
    • View Profile
« Reply #4 on: August 31, 2012, 03:10:23 AM »
I seldom buy things as soon as they are released any more.
You are wiser than me as I continue to purchase release day most of the time and don't watch my movie untill a long period... My unwatched stock, even if it's almost nothing compare to Pete, is way too high but I always want to show my appreciation at the friends I have in the bussiness as I know how important is first week sale number for the labels.

were do u usually order your dvds from
Amazon Canada, Diabolik DVD or directly from the labels most of the time.

Before I forgot...

Welcome here hope you'll stay for a while
« Last Edit: August 31, 2012, 03:13:41 AM by Jimmy »

Offline Piffi

• Heavy Poster
    • View Profile
« Reply #5 on: August 31, 2012, 10:25:00 AM »
Hi and welcome! :)

I see that amazon is quite popular at this forum! :) wich is great. I too use amazon for almost all of my purchases (the .uk' one, since i'm from europe) IMO amazon is just great. Before i used play alot, but they have changed so much that i dont like them anymore :P so amazon is just great. And the local sales on my local movie store aswell ;)
We'll Always Have Paris.

Thomas

Offline Achim

• Mega Heavy Poster
    • View Profile
« Reply #6 on: August 31, 2012, 03:19:48 PM »
I use Amazon a lot too; US, UK and Germany. Occasionally I order something from play-asia.com if I need something Asian which isn't available elsewhere.

Welcome (back) to the forum!

I have never seen a fight with Mike Tyson. When I was a kid my parents would allow me to watch the Ali fights, even waking me at 2 or 3 in the morning to see them! I no longer care about boxing at all.

Offline Jimmy

• Mega Heavy Poster
  • Yes this is me...
    • View Profile
« Reply #7 on: August 31, 2012, 04:17:18 PM »
I use Amazon a lot too; US, UK and Germany.
What do you have against Canada :whistle:

:P

lmracer04

« Reply #8 on: August 31, 2012, 04:28:15 PM »
hi kathy i usually get mine from ebay and sometimes my local walmart i have quite a few dvds myself my arrange is about 286 is what i have

kevin_1990

« Reply #9 on: August 31, 2012, 04:36:17 PM »
I've got a bunch of DVDs on both boxers - you should really enjoy those box sets you picked up. I'll have to go through my collection and see what matches I might be missing before ordering these. I know my Ali set isn't a box set, it's 10 DVDs, but I can't recall if I'm missing any of his fights.

Hey Kathy yes you should have a look through your collection to see if you are missing any fights these sets seem to cover every fight that was ever record of the boxers. Unfortunately i doubt the boxsets are comeing today eaither as it is now 3:36pm in the UK and the postman has been.

anyway as far as i know both sets seem like a great set made up by fans for fans and like i already said i cant wait to get them hopefully they turn up tommorrow because on monday i wont be home and no one else will be.

kevin_1990

« Reply #10 on: August 31, 2012, 04:40:08 PM »
I use Amazon a lot too; US, UK and Germany. Occasionally I order something from play-asia.com if I need something Asian which isn't available elsewhere.

Welcome (back) to the forum!

I have never seen a fight with Mike Tyson. When I was a kid my parents would allow me to watch the Ali fights, even waking me at 2 or 3 in the morning to see them! I no longer care about boxing at all.

Thanks for the welcome back im happy to be back that's a shame you have never seen a mike tyson fight he was a great boxer and deserves to be up there with the all time greats for what he done in the ring.

yes boxing these days isent as good as it used to be its went down hill hopefully in the future there will be better fighters in the heavyweight division.

Offline Kathy

• Super Heavy Poster
    • View Profile
« Reply #11 on: August 31, 2012, 06:18:54 PM »
yes boxing these days isent as good as it used to be its went down hill hopefully in the future there will be better fighters in the heavyweight division.

I think this happened when they decreased the number of rounds from 15. Those last 3 rounds made all the difference - separating the men from the boys.

Too many 12 round fights go the distance and are decided by the judges score cards - often incorrect and totally unsatisfying.

kevin_1990

« Reply #12 on: August 31, 2012, 06:27:02 PM »

I think this happened when they decreased the number of rounds from 15. Those last 3 rounds made all the difference - separating the men from the boys.

Too many 12 round fights go the distance and are decided by the judges score cards - often incorrect and totally unsatisfying.

your right there about the last 3 rounds but then again im sure they changed heavyweight title bouts from 15 rounds to 12 rounds in the early 80's and after that you did still have great champions like Larry Holmes,Michael Spinks,Mike Tyson,Evander Holyfeild,Lennox lewis all them were great boxers.

now all you have is the Klitschko brothers that i would say have nothing on any of they champions i mentioned.

Offline Achim

• Mega Heavy Poster
    • View Profile
« Reply #13 on: September 01, 2012, 03:15:49 AM »
I use Amazon a lot too; US, UK and Germany.
What do you have against Canada :whistle:

:P
Nothing. In fact, I have used Amazon.ca just recently to buy the Blu-ray of [*REC] 1 and 2. :D

Offline Piffi

• Heavy Poster
    • View Profile
« Reply #14 on: September 01, 2012, 12:43:28 PM »
For the [REC] 1 & 2, you got something to look forward to Achim! ;) I enjoyed them anyways. And i see its coming a REC3 aswell :)
We'll Always Have Paris.

Thomas