Author Topic: Recommendations Wanted For Blu-ray Player & Titles & HDTV  (Read 13921 times)

Dr. Hasslein

Re: Recommendations Wanted For Blu-ray Player & Titles & HDTV
« Reply #15 on: November 24, 2010, 08:26:14 AM »
I didn't really take that close a look but it could've been a special bundle with a game in it or something...and maybe it was a larger hard drive in it.  At any rate, I have now ordered the one from Amazon.  Looking at the TVs at my local store, the one that caught my eye the most was a 40-inch Sony Bravia...

That sounds pretty good. How many many MHz is it? 

Critter

« Reply #16 on: November 24, 2010, 08:35:47 AM »
Do you know what game is coming with the PS3?

Offline Dragonfire

• Mega Heavy Poster
    • View Profile
    • Dragonfire88 Pbwiki
« Reply #17 on: November 24, 2010, 11:54:04 AM »
I hope you enjoy your new tv and PS3. :)

I agree...any of the Pixar movies are gorgeous on Blu.  North by Northwest is too...so was Rocky Horror Picture Show - The 35th Anniversary Edition.

Dr. Hasslein

« Reply #18 on: November 24, 2010, 12:04:54 PM »
I don't own any Pixar movies on Blu-ray. When Finding Nemo and The Incredibles are released I'll probably buy those two.

Critter

« Reply #19 on: November 24, 2010, 12:08:49 PM »
So far the only Pixar movie I own is Up. I plan to own them all one day, just a matter of time and money.

Dr. Hasslein

« Reply #20 on: November 24, 2010, 12:21:23 PM »
Up was a good movie. I reckon that would look great on Blu-ray.

Critter

« Reply #21 on: November 24, 2010, 12:22:34 PM »
Yes Up is amazing on blu, this is me watching it ->  :drooling:

Dr. Hasslein

« Reply #22 on: November 24, 2010, 12:24:06 PM »
Do you ever sleep? It's a week night and you're still here? :laugh:

Critter

« Reply #23 on: November 24, 2010, 12:29:00 PM »
It's only 10:25pm... isn't it? Or am I going crazy? I usually don't sleep until about 12:30am, or sometimes later. Although I have pretty much given up right now. The miniture heatwave we are having right now meant that last night my house was invaded with spiders. So I basically just laid awake on my bed all night, sweltering hot becuase of the heat (I have no fan or air con in my room, and I am upstairs) an terrified becuase of the spiders.

Offline Dragonfire

• Mega Heavy Poster
    • View Profile
    • Dragonfire88 Pbwiki
« Reply #24 on: November 24, 2010, 12:30:08 PM »
Up is gorgeous on Blu.
I have all the Pixar movies on Blu that have been released.  I will have Incredibles and Finding Nemo once they are released.  Incredibles should be next year based on a little flyer thing in Toy Story 3.

Dr. Hasslein

« Reply #25 on: November 24, 2010, 12:32:54 PM »
You poor thing, that's just awful. I'm in bed now with the AC on, you might think that's early but I get up at 6am.
As for spiders, I think they unofficially own my house.

Critter

« Reply #26 on: November 24, 2010, 12:36:07 PM »
I usually wake up at around 6 too, but I don't leave my bed until about 7:00 or 7:30. And as for the spiders I know what you mean. Those creepy little buggers come in everywhere! I was getting paranoid last night, laying awake in bed I thought I could actually hear them. At least we have only had one Hunstman so far. I'm not sure what these other ones are, medium-sized black ones. Very fast!

Dr. Hasslein

« Reply #27 on: November 24, 2010, 12:43:11 PM »
When ever I see a spider in the hose it's always a freakishly big huntsman. It's like they wait until they are fully grown before they come just to mess with me.

Critter

« Reply #28 on: November 24, 2010, 12:50:52 PM »
Haha I know the feeling! How often is it that we see small hunstmans? Never! Whenever I see them they are always massive things, the size of dinner plates! I had one in my study not long ago that would have been bigger than my hand if it was outstretched, and I have really long fingers. We sprayed it with bug spray and then about a week later I was cleaning up on a high bookshelf when the carcass of the dead huntsman actually fell down on me while I was reaching for a book. I threw the book, screamed and ran away... all while my Mum couldn't stop laughing at me of course.

Offline Dragonfire

• Mega Heavy Poster
    • View Profile
    • Dragonfire88 Pbwiki
« Reply #29 on: November 24, 2010, 12:56:52 PM »
Haha I know the feeling! How often is it that we see small hunstmans? Never! Whenever I see them they are always massive things, the size of dinner plates! I had one in my study not long ago that would have been bigger than my hand if it was outstretched, and I have really long fingers. We sprayed it with bug spray and then about a week later I was cleaning up on a high bookshelf when the carcass of the dead huntsman actually fell down on me while I was reaching for a book. I threw the book, screamed and ran away... all while my Mum couldn't stop laughing at me of course.

I would have been screaming and running away too.
I do not like spiders at all.  But at least they don't freak me out in movies like snakes do.   :laugh: