Author Topic: Are You Afraid of the Dark? marathon!!  (Read 31329 times)

addicted2comics(:P)

Re: Are You Afraid of the Dark? marathon!!
« Reply #90 on: October 28, 2010, 03:03:51 AM »

81) The Tale of the Silver Sight (3)
Gary and the current members of the Midnight Society put together all pieces of the broken record. They then use the clues to find the Silver Sight, and face their true enemy.

My Thoughts:

Gah! Stupid recap! I wanna see the rest of the story! ... or stories ...

Lol, but I did catch another throwback to "The Tale of Laughing in the Dark". One member is found at Playland Where there are trick mirrors;)

But the last episode just ... fulfills everything that was leading up to it! The whole movie is awesome, but it's definitely the best part of the movie and I highly recommend it! ;D

My Rating:
Out of 5

« Reply #91 on: October 28, 2010, 03:08:39 AM »

82) The Tale of the Lunar Locusts
An alien girl named Ellen needs the other half of her medallion which an Earth boy happens to carry in the form of a ring.

My Thoughts:

The alien plot I like. Alien in school is really cool, but the jealous steady girlfriend? OMG! Ok, I get that a theme here is that he would always stick beside her, but Julie is so obsessive I would definitely dump her!!

Nice twist at the end, though. Also, a funny campfire ending to close the episode. :)

My Rating:
Out of 5

« Reply #92 on: October 28, 2010, 03:11:45 AM »

83) The Tale of the Stone Maiden
A girl breaks up with her longtime boyfriend who strangely disappears. The boy runs into a lone statue of a maiden, and feeling thirsty, he drinks some of the fresh water trickling from her urn. However, he soon finds out the hard way that whoever partakes of the water turns into stone.

My Thoughts:

Turning people to stone is a pretty common storyline, but this displays it well enough. A real Romeo and Juliet-type story. A little slow, but a good story.

My Rating:
Out of 5

« Reply #93 on: October 28, 2010, 03:21:01 AM »

84) The Tale of Highway 13
Two friends fix up a 1969 Pontiac GTO that takes them down a mysterious highway, and the only way to return home is to challenge a ghostly truck in a deadly drag race.

My Thoughts:

A cursed car is unusual, but that doesn't mean bad! I'll be a little less eager to work for my permit! ;)

A nice ghost story, and a twist in the end makes all the difference. Not a favorite, but nice!

My Rating:
Out of 5

« Reply #94 on: October 28, 2010, 03:27:26 AM »

85) The Tale of the Reanimator
A plant store worker steals an experimental potion that can bring dead plants back to life, but may have horrible repercussions if used on a dead animal - or a dead human.

My Thoughts:

Ok, lesson #1 of how the living should keep on living: Never - EVER - mess with the balance of life and death!!!

The mad scientist-plant thing was fine and weird enough. I think I remember something like that in Goosebumps. I think the episode was called "Stay Out of the Basement".

But, c'mon! Bringing back the dead is DISASTROUS territory! Everyone knows this! Ignoring how stupid of a move on the scientist's part this was, the first ever zombified episode was a cool one! I wish there was more decaying flesh, but what are ya gonna do? 

My Rating:
Out of 5

« Reply #95 on: October 29, 2010, 03:39:17 AM »
I'll be away when reviewing the last 6 episodes and will post them and a few other things when I return Sunday morning. ;D

« Reply #96 on: November 01, 2010, 02:21:23 AM »
Yay me! I actually finished my October marathon by the end of the month!!! :yahoo:

But........the notebook with the reviews I wrote down......I left it at my grandmothers.......so, instead, I will rewrite my reviews tomorrow when I don't have the go to school the next day, because I've been kept busy (got Kick-Ass on DVD!!!) plus school, so yeah, this'll have to wait.

Later! ;)

Najemikon

« Reply #97 on: November 01, 2010, 05:27:23 PM »
You've done very well! :thumbup:

« Reply #98 on: November 02, 2010, 01:09:00 AM »
And I just realized what I wrote before I can think off probably, but the ratings would be totally off base because its all a bejumbled mess right now. I'll probably have it up by the end of the week then. Argh! I finish the marathon and what do I do? Leave my notes at the other home!

:slaphead:
« Last Edit: November 02, 2010, 01:13:15 AM by addicted2comics(:P) »

« Reply #99 on: November 04, 2010, 12:28:17 AM »
Oks, got my notebook now......new reviews coming up!!

« Reply #100 on: November 04, 2010, 12:34:11 AM »

86) The Tale of the Time Trap
A boy finds a magic box and gets caught in a genie's plan to free herself from granting wishes.

My Thoughts:

Sardo again, and this time I heard him trying to bargain an Egyptian Youth Potion. Remind anyone of a certain "The Tale of the Guardian's Curse"??  ;)

A wishes-gone-wrong genie, huh? Pretty neat and I like her white hair! Normally this plot is really played-out, but the wishes granted the way they are keep it interesting. Not bad. Almost makes me wish I had a genie, but I don't want to end up in the middle of a disaster! 

My Rating:
Out of 5
« Last Edit: November 04, 2010, 12:40:02 AM by addicted2comics(:P) »

« Reply #101 on: November 04, 2010, 12:38:39 AM »

87) The Tale of the Photo Finish
As part of a club initiation, a boy steals a photo of a dead boy who died because no one would accept him. Now gets his revenge by trapping his enemies into his "Wall of Shame".

My Thoughts:

You have to hate snobby rich-kid clubs!!!

Unfortunately, the DVD was skipping through the episodes. The series set was homemade by a friend and sometimes the discs mess up. I hate when I have to miss parts of a show,but here is a kind of mix between a ghost story and the old legend of photographs taking your soul. Very interesting, but just simply not that creepy. Just strange. Entertaining but weird.

My Rating:
Out of 5

« Reply #102 on: November 04, 2010, 12:45:32 AM »

88) The Tale of the Last Dance
A mutant haunts a high school, falls for a violin player, and will stop at nothing to make her his love.

My Thoughts:

The old Hunchback of Notre Dame-type story. You could argue its also a little bit Phantom of the Opera. An interesting modern retelling. Definitely captures interest, and I remember this from when I watched the series first-time through. A nice Carrie inspired scene, too. Moves a little slow and there have been many, many retellings of the same plot. Pretty good all the same, and another nod to the make-up department.

My Rating:
Out of 5

« Reply #103 on: November 04, 2010, 12:50:05 AM »

89) The Tale of the Laser Maze
Competitive twin sisters get trapped in an alien game of laser tag, where the game's creator plans to make robotic clones of them in order to make them his star players.

My Thoughts:

The old message of it being unimportant between winning and losing. A little bit of robots are an interesting turn! The only problem I see is it just moves kinda slow, a common enough mistake made, though not always a bad thing. But, its all for alien entertainment? Again on the weird side, but I can accept it. Attention drifts a bit as the show moves, but an ok story.

My Rating:
Out of 5

« Reply #104 on: November 04, 2010, 12:54:22 AM »

90) The Tale of Many Faces
A struggling model seeks to be employed, but regrets it when her new employer steals the faces of the beautiful to keep herself young.

My Thoughts:

A face stealer? Wow. No words can describe this. Its the weirdest one yet ... and I love it!! The make-up and effects were perfect and the story really seemed original.

My Rating:
Out of 5