Author Topic: Are You Afraid of the Dark? marathon!!  (Read 31137 times)

addicted2comics(:P)

Re: Are You Afraid of the Dark? marathon!!
« Reply #75 on: October 24, 2010, 01:50:29 AM »

69) The Tale of the Virtual Pets
Kids become obsessed with the Diggers, Tamagotchi-like pets that require to be fed information. But Kate, the only girl in her class who doesn't know anything about computer technology, finds that the Diggers are using the kids to escape out into the human world, while the kids themselves are about to be confined into cyberspace. 

My Thoughts:

Would you believe I was I was on the computer like mad working on DVD Profiler while I was watching this?

Lets face it, if this was really happening we'd all be goners. That's whats scary about it. Decently done, but I can't help but laugh looking at those puny little things!! :P

My Rating
Out of 5

Offline addicted2dvd

• Forum Inventory
    • View Profile
« Reply #76 on: October 24, 2010, 01:35:51 PM »

65) The Tale of Badge
On her sixteenth birthday, a girl learns from her grandmother that she is a witch and must use her newfound magic to stop a demon named Badge.

My Thoughts:

One of the weirder ones. I'm actually at a loss for words. Its like a mix of witches & magic, music, and other worlds. Its actually pretty good, but I just have a hard time wrapping my mind around the plot.

My Rating
Out of 5

Britt... remember when I popped in your room while you were watching this one and said that the girl on there looked very familiar? I just checked. She is Joanna Garcia... she was on Reba... played Cheyenne... the daughter that had the baby. But she was of course younger in this... so I couldn't place where I knew her from.
Pete

Offline Blair

• Heavy Poster
  • ¡umop apisdn w,I
    • View Profile
    • My DVD Collection
« Reply #77 on: October 24, 2010, 11:28:20 PM »
I remember enjoying this show as a kid. It's doubtful I would ever watch any of the episodes again unless it just happened to be doing Nickelodeon Nostalgia month or something.
I have a collection.
It can be found here.
No need to check it often.
I update it only twice a year!

Never go to bed mad. Sleep on the couch instead.

There are a few broken branches in every family tree.

« Reply #78 on: October 26, 2010, 02:08:26 AM »

70) The Tale of the Misfortune Cookies
A teenager who tires of his boring life, where he must help his parents keep their Chinese restaurant from closing, using magic fortune cookies to escape his drudgery. The results sends him to a world where he is a famous comic book artist, but where his family apparently never had a son. Also, while their restaurant is famously successful, their daughter is a rude punk who disrespects her parents. Now, he must decide between a world where he is successful, but without his family, or a boring life with his loving family.  

My Thoughts:

I love fortune cookies ... but if I were in this guy's shoes, I'd chuck them all away for good! A real "It's a Wonderful Life" type episode.

Although the message of a "perfect existence through imperfect existence"  is clear, the cause-and-effect session could use a little work. So he's not part of the family and he's a #1 comic book artist. But how did that make the family richin their restraunt? How did it cause a death? Like I said, the writing could use a lttle work - like maybe some expositionary dialogu - but otherwise a fun adventure.

My Rating
Out of 5

« Reply #79 on: October 26, 2010, 02:14:01 AM »

71) The Tale of the Gruesome Gormets
Two brothers suspect that their new neighbors may be cannibals. .  

My Thoughts:

Ok ... these guys are just weird. If you could only see how the 'new neighbors' talk. Its just wrong! So the neighbors are cannibals. This may be a kid show, but you can make it more ominous! This is a kid's horror show after all!

Oh well. It's still really fun. I love the plot and it was done decently.  :thumbup:

My Rating
Out of 5

« Reply #80 on: October 26, 2010, 02:18:46 AM »

72) The Tale of the Hunted
During a hunting trip, a girl named Diana and her family go after a wolf called "The Blaze." She turns into a wolf after wearing a strange necklace to bed, causing other hunters to go after her, unaware of Diana's transformation.   

My Thoughts:

I never cared for hunting. I don't like harming innocent lives. This show is an interesting turn in the "walk a mile in their shoes" gimmick. Its heartwarming, but I can't help but struggle to keep my mind from wandering. Not a very attention-grabbing episode. All the same, the message is good and the effects were done nicely.

My Rating
Out of 5

« Reply #81 on: October 26, 2010, 02:23:25 AM »

73) The Tale of Vampire Town
A self-proclaimed vampire slayer named Adder is on the hunt for the legendary vampire, Dreyfus. However, the hunter soon becomes the hunted during his stay at a strange town, where people believe he is the vampire.  

My Thoughts:

Yay! A whole bunch of vampires in one spot! Haha! I love the idea that everyone believes that the vampire hunter is the vampire!!! :laugh:

Definitely peaks my interest. A little slow when it comes to revealing the actual vampire, but I have to give a nod to the make-up department. Drykus looks like a very risen-dead vampire! Worth watching.

My Rating
Out of 5

« Reply #82 on: October 27, 2010, 02:07:56 AM »

74) The Tale of the Wisdom Glass
A rich kid and a poor kid meet at a store where the rich one accidentally steals a computer game called Wisdom and blames it on the poor kid, but both get sent to a cyberworld where they are put on trial for their actions.   

My Thoughts:

I don't know how to express my feeling for this without giving stuff away, so - - - SPOILER ALERT! If you wanna check it out yourself surprised, stop reading now!!

We all good? Ok.

The lesson of honesty was clear, but instead of a "everything's ok because you told the truth" ending, two boys are saving each other from execution for all time! Awesome twist! I lve it! But, the game itself reminds me of World of Warcraft for some reason, and that brings it down a few points.

My Rating
Out of 5

« Reply #83 on: October 27, 2010, 02:12:52 AM »

75) The Tale of the Walking Shadow
A boy is cast in the stage presentation of Macbeth and finds that the theater is haunted by the actors and actresses who died before they could finish the play.  

My Thoughts:

The people in this were rehearsing Macbeth. Cool play. I read the comic book, for those who might be interested, in my comic review thread. I also noticed at one point the main character was whistling the opening theme.  :thumbup: Nice!

A ghost haunting the play of Macbeth. Not a very unusual concept, but fun nonetheless. I understand the motive of the ghost isn't to scare people, but I would've still liked to have seen more going on.

My Rating
Out of 5

« Reply #84 on: October 27, 2010, 02:18:01 AM »

76) The Tale of Oblivion
A boy buys (from Sardo's magic shop) magical art supplies, complete with an eraser that sends anything to a place called Oblivion, where everything sent there is permanently destroyed—including human life.  

My Thoughts:

Sardo again? You'd think that someone would've taken his salesman license or something away by now! ::)

A place where all missing things go. I recall a similar episode of Eerie Indiana (Next year's marathon! ;) )

I couldn't have imagined it done better, but I have to admit the concept doesn't interest me. But Sardo always adds a bit of comedy.

My Rating
Out of 5

« Reply #85 on: October 27, 2010, 02:21:01 AM »

77) The Tale of the Secret Admirer
A shy girl gets secret admirer messages from a dead boy from the 1950s who sent secret admirer messages to her mother when he was alive.  

My Thoughts:

A jealous ghost that loved her mom? What a messed-up way to start high school! Entertaining. you have to love drama mixed with horror. Done decently, another nod to the make-up department.

My Rating
Out of 5

« Reply #86 on: October 27, 2010, 02:25:07 AM »

78) The Tale of Bigfoot Ridge
A girl travels to a town where her missing friend has been captured by a ghost who only hunts in the darkness. 

My Thoughts:

Creepy. The monster in this kind of reminds me of a mixture between a shapeshifter and a soul-sucker. (Btw, don't ask why they named the ski trail Bigfoot Ridge, it has nothing to do with a yeti or anything)

Definitely interesting, but all the while I have no idea what they're pitted against! What is that creature supposed to be?!?!

Well, its interesting.

My Rating
Out of 5

« Reply #87 on: October 27, 2010, 02:31:58 AM »

79) The Tale of the Silver Sight (1)
Gary (the original president of the Midnight Society), his brother Tucker, and the current Midnight Society must band together and find the original members from 1937 in order to stop an evil spirit from taking over the world.

My Thoughts:

The Silver Sight "movie" is the best part of the Are You Afraid of the Dark? in my opinion. The storytellers in a real horror story! Love it! The mystery! The horror! I can tell you right now that all three parts will get a five!! ;)

It is just a one-of-a-kind (though technically three-of-a-kind) show and ... just... awesome!!

PS - that pic is supposed to be Gary's grandfather who
(click to show/hide)

Just came out darker than planned.

My Rating:
Out of 5
« Last Edit: October 27, 2010, 02:47:26 AM by addicted2comics(:P) »

Offline Blair

• Heavy Poster
  • ¡umop apisdn w,I
    • View Profile
    • My DVD Collection
« Reply #88 on: October 27, 2010, 03:57:47 AM »
But, the game itself reminds me of World of Warcraft for some reason, and that brings it down a few points.
Not that you are at fault, of course, but I find this to be an interesting consideration. The tv episode "game" reminding you of a game that wasn't released until 5 years later.

The past reminded me of the future reminding me of the past :stars:
I have a collection.
It can be found here.
No need to check it often.
I update it only twice a year!

Never go to bed mad. Sleep on the couch instead.

There are a few broken branches in every family tree.

« Reply #89 on: October 28, 2010, 02:58:59 AM »

80) The Tale of the Silver Sight (2)
Gary and the current members of the Midnight Society continue searching for the original members of the Midnight Society.

My Thoughts:

Haha, this doesn't disappoint! The stories are weird, twisted, and not told at the campfire! The plot deepens and you can really see how all the members' missions intertwine. Some of the best parts about this movie is the individual stories and seeing what each character goes through as well as how its affects the others. Amazing writing here!

My Rating:
Out of 5