Author Topic: Bones Episode Reviews  (Read 32821 times)

Offline Dragonfire

• Mega Heavy Poster
    • View Profile
    • Dragonfire88 Pbwiki
Re: Bones Episode Reviews
« Reply #120 on: June 09, 2011, 07:12:50 AM »
It is kind of late in the season before they get back together.  I'm sure I'll be annoyed all over again when I watch the DVD sets.

Offline addicted2dvd

• Forum Inventory
    • View Profile
« Reply #121 on: June 09, 2011, 06:51:00 PM »
Bones: Season 5

7. The Dwarf in the Dirt
Air Date: 11/12/09
A little person found shot to death turns out to be a popular professional wrestler. Who would kill him and why? Meanwhile, Booth wrestles with the worry that his brain tumor has robbed him from his marksmanship.

Guest Stars:
Stephen Fry as Gordon Wyatt
Ryan Cartwright as Vincent Nigel-Murray
Dan Castellaneta as Officer Novarro
Debbie Lee Carrington as Gidget Jones
David Norona as Derek DaFonte
Wynn Everett as Nicole DaFonte

My Thoughts:
A good episode. An interesting case... wrapped with a little fun since it takes place in the world of professional wrestling. The side story was good as well. Plus it was good to see Gordon Wyatt again.

My Rating:
Pete

Offline addicted2dvd

• Forum Inventory
    • View Profile
« Reply #122 on: June 09, 2011, 10:34:41 PM »

8. The Foot in the Foreclosure
Air Date: 11/19/09
Strange bedfellows found burned to death inside a house for sale become the subject of an investigation by the unit. Meanwhile, Booth and his grandfather consider becoming roommates.

Guest Stars:
Eugene Byrd as Clark Edison
Sarah Rafferty as Katie Selnick
David Bowe as Howard Fileman
Adrienne Smith as Stephanie Simon
Lindsay Hollister as Bartender
Carla Renata as Maureen Mack

My Thoughts:
This is another episode I enjoyed quite a bit. An interesting murder case... as well as a good side story about Booth and his grandfather. I must say... I got a kick out of Booth's grandfather. I never got to know any of my grandparents. They all were already gone when I was extremely young. And when I see an episode like this... it makes me feel like I really missed out on something.

My Rating:
Pete

Offline addicted2dvd

• Forum Inventory
    • View Profile
« Reply #123 on: June 10, 2011, 11:40:04 PM »

9. The Gamer in the Grease
Air Date: 12/03/09
When the reigning champion of a video game is found dead in the cooking grease pipelines at a fast food chain, the unit finds clues leading back to the murderer, who is a player of a different kind.

Guest Stars:
Joel David Moore as Colin Fisher
Kaylee DeFer as Tory Payne
Sam Golzari as Chris Ballinger
Jessalyn Wanlim as Dierdre Ryan
Evan Arnold as Keith Seeger
Laura Heisler as Jill Rifton

My Thoughts:
A good episode. Though it is a bit on the standard side. Nothing special about it to stand out. Though I did get a kick out of Angela finally seeing the tattoo that her father gave Hodgins. I also got a kick out of the tattoo girl that was in line with the guys for the movie Avitar. A movie I have yet to see.

My Rating:
Pete

Offline addicted2dvd

• Forum Inventory
    • View Profile
« Reply #124 on: June 11, 2011, 12:45:59 AM »

10. The Goop on the Girl
Air Date: 12/10/09
The holidays can bring out the worst in people, so it;s no wonder Brennan wants to volunteer in El Salvador for Christmas this year. But first she has a job to do: find out why Santa robbed a bank and then exploded.

Guest Stars:
Ryan O'Neal as Max Keenan
Zooey Deschanel as Margaret Whitesell
Carla Gallo as Daisy Wick
Dorian Missick as Owen Thiel
Tiffany Hines as Michelle Welton
Melinda Page Hamilton as Georgia Hartmeyer

My Thoughts:
Time for a Christmas episode. This one has a special guest star in Emily Deschanel's real life sister Zooey Deschanel who plays Dr. Brennan's cousin who spends most her time quoting Benjamin Franklin. It is a good episode with an interesting case. You can start ever so slightly seeing Angela and Hodgins getting closer to getting back together by this episode. Nothing too obvious yet. Just a look here... a smile there type of thing.

My Rating:
Pete

Offline addicted2dvd

• Forum Inventory
    • View Profile
« Reply #125 on: June 11, 2011, 01:47:11 AM »

11. The X in the File
Air Date: 1/14/10
The murder of a UFO seeker from Roswell leads to the investigation of an illegal hazardous dump site in Mexico. Wendell and Angela's dating leads to an equally flammable situation.

Guest Stars:
Michael Grant Terry as Wendell Bray
Ben Giroux as Sheriff Jerry Bonds
Kai Lennox as Marvin Breekman
Kelly E. Smith as Delmy Polanco
Dale Dickey as Marsha Vinton
Dean Haglund as Blaine Miller

My Thoughts:
This is a fun episode... what with all the talk about aliens and the way the body looked like one. I felt for Hodgins finding out about Angela sleeping with another co-worker.... one of his friends. But while it seems to be a setback for their storyline... it does show how much he still feels and moves the storyline ahead. Hopefully it won't be much longer before they get back together... but I have a feeling it will still be several episodes.

My Rating:
Pete

Offline addicted2dvd

• Forum Inventory
    • View Profile
« Reply #126 on: June 11, 2011, 03:11:11 PM »

12. The Proof in the Pudding
Air Date: 1/21/10
The unit is put on a government-enforced lockdown until they can find cause of death when presented with the skeleton of a man who died in 1963 — a man most likely to have been JFK.

Guest Stars:
Diedrich Bader as Andrew Hacker
Richard T. Jones as Mr. White
Scott Connors as Mr. Jones
Dylan Kenin as Mr. Smith

My Thoughts:
This is a good episode. I enjoyed it quite a bit.... even though they never did make it completely clear if the remains were those of JFK.  I also really liked the side story of Angela testing positive for pregnancy.... and Hodgins declaring his love for her. Turned out that it was a false positive... but it also went a long way to getting her and Hodgins back together. I also listened to the commentary track on this episode. The commentary is with Tamara Taylor (Cam), John Francis Daily (Sweets) and Michaela Conlin (Angela). Going into it I was hoping they would touch on it taking so long getting her and Hodgins back together. They never did touch on it... but it was still a fun listen. It was a good combination of information and them just having fun watching the episode together.

My Rating:
Pete

Offline addicted2dvd

• Forum Inventory
    • View Profile
« Reply #127 on: June 11, 2011, 08:14:31 PM »

13. The Dentist in the Ditch
Air Date: 1/28/10
As the murder investigation involving a football-loving dentist with a bright future gets under way, Booth wonders whether or not to tell his brother that his new Fiancée has a shady past.

Guest Stars:
Brendan Fehr as Jared Booth
Greg Pitts as Lucas Pickford
Dilshad Vadsaria as Padme Dalaj
Fay Masterson as Grace Bryson
Eltony Williams as Cyd Zigler

My Thoughts:
Not a bad episode... but a bit on the average side. The murder case they were working on is interesting enough. The side story with Booth and his brother was no more then OK. Felt a bit like a filler episode. Really didn't do much of anything to bring along the season long storylines.

My Rating:
Pete

Offline addicted2dvd

• Forum Inventory
    • View Profile
« Reply #128 on: June 11, 2011, 08:57:58 PM »

14. The Devil in the Details
Air Date: 2/04/10
A man treated with schizophrenia with implanted horns and a vestigial tail appears to have been murdered by a fellow patient at Havenhurst. But the truth tests the faith of everyone involved in the investigation.

Guest Stars:
Joshua Malina as Dr. Adam Copeland
Pej Vahdat as Arastoo Vaziri
Jocko Sims as Lloyd Robertson
Rusty Schwimmer as Erica Turner
Henri Lubatti as Phillip Womack
Amanda Schull as Neviah Larkin

My Thoughts:
This one I liked quite a bit. Oddly this one really didn't have much of a side story at all. It used pretty much all the time on the murder case.

My Rating:
Pete

Offline addicted2dvd

• Forum Inventory
    • View Profile
« Reply #129 on: June 11, 2011, 09:49:32 PM »

15. The Bones on the Blue Line
Air Date: 4/01/10
As the unit probes the death of a ghostwriter set afloat when an earthquake causes a water main in a subway to break, they also probe the characters in a book Brennan has released in hopes that they can find themselves.

Guest Stars:
Carla Gallo as Daisy Wick
Clea DuVall as McKenna Grant
Michael Trotter as Colin Casey
James Madio as Eddie Ceraficki
Stephanie Childers as Sophia Meade
Page Kennedy as Stewart Bonder

My Thoughts:
Another good episode. The murder case kept my attention through-out. The side story was entertaining as well. Between people dissecting Brennan's book and  the way Angela got into a bit of money... made for an entertaining episode.

My Rating:
Pete

Offline addicted2dvd

• Forum Inventory
    • View Profile
« Reply #130 on: June 11, 2011, 11:44:48 PM »

16. The Parts in the Sum of the Whole
Air Date: 4/08/10
While they identify a young murdered woman as a singer who disappeared after a performance a few years earlier, Booth and Brennan also identify their explosive attraction to one another.

Guest Stars:
Eric Millegan as Zack Addy
Patricia Belcher as Caroline Julian
Seth Isler as Judge Myles Hasty
Theodore Borders as Tucker Henry
Chase Kim as FBI Forensic Tech

My Thoughts:
This is the series 100th episode! And what do they do? They bring back Zack for it! One of my favorite characters of the early episodes. I have actually been surprised how much I have seen Zack on here still. I was thinking it was only once or twice after he left. But it has been at least 3 or 4 times here so far. They made the 100th episode an excellent one! I enjoyed every second of it. I got a kick out of Dr. Sweet's reaction to learning about the real first case Booth and Brennan worked together. After the episode I watched a featurette on the making of the 100th episode where I learned that David Boreanaz (Booth) directed the episode. I also found out that David Boreanaz's father (David Boreanaz, Sr.) was there at the time and was given a walk on part in the episode. I thought that was cool.

My Rating:
Pete

Offline Dragonfire

• Mega Heavy Poster
    • View Profile
    • Dragonfire88 Pbwiki
« Reply #131 on: June 12, 2011, 05:26:00 AM »
I liked most of this episode..but the ending ticked me off.

Offline addicted2dvd

• Forum Inventory
    • View Profile
« Reply #132 on: June 12, 2011, 01:50:51 PM »
Yeah... I know what you mean about the ending. But it really didn't take away from the episode for me.

I watched a couple more episodes last night... but couldn't post about them... we were hit with some thunder storms and I had my computer off. Will be posting about those here shortly.
Pete

Offline addicted2dvd

• Forum Inventory
    • View Profile
« Reply #133 on: June 12, 2011, 02:07:49 PM »

17. The Death of the Queen Bee
Air Date: 4/15/10
When Booth and Brennan attend Brennan's high school reunion as a married couple in order to investigate the murder of a classmate, they find a connection to another murder that happened 15 years earlier.

Guest Stars:
Michael Grant Terry as Wendell Bray
Megan Hilty as Julie Coyle
Jenica Bergere as Officer Becky Conway
Victor Webster as Brad Benson
Ben Falcone as Andy Pfleuger
Suzy Nakamura as Carrie Turner
Shanley Collins as Dede
Aviva Brandes as Anna
Robert Englund as Ray Buxley

My Thoughts:
I was originally going to hold off on watching the next disc. That was until I saw what episode was next. Then I just couldn't wait to watch it again. This one has a guest star I always liked... Robert Englund (Freddy Krueger). I really liked this episode a lot... one of my favorite episodes!

My Rating:
« Last Edit: June 12, 2011, 02:17:18 PM by addicted2dvd »
Pete

Offline addicted2dvd

• Forum Inventory
    • View Profile
« Reply #134 on: June 12, 2011, 02:16:54 PM »

18. The Predator in the Pool
Air Date: 4/22/10
The murder of a motivational speaker found in a public aquarium is a shock — as is the reason behind it. Meanwhile as Catherine and Booth plan for a date, so do Brennan and Hacker.

Guest Stars:
Eugene Byrd as Clark Edison
Diedrich Bader as Andrew Hacker
Myndy Crist as Grace Redmon
Tembi Locke as Marilyn Stoddard
Toby Meuli as Ben Marcus
Stephen Monroe Taylor as Tad Benedict

My Thoughts:
This is a good episode. But not as good as the last couple I watched. It has an interesting case to work on. And the side stories helps to bring the season long arcs along nicely. Definitely an above average episode.

My Rating:
Pete