Author Topic: Bones Episode Reviews  (Read 32373 times)

Offline addicted2dvd

• Forum Inventory
    • View Profile
Re: Bones Episode Reviews
« Reply #105 on: June 06, 2011, 03:53:23 PM »
Bones: Season 4

16. The Cinderella in the Cardboard
Air Date: 04/15/09
The discovery of a woman's body at a recycling center sparks an investigation and leadds Booth and Brennan to a surprising discovery about Sweet's girlfriend, Daisy.

Guest Stars:
John Francis Daley as Dr. Lance Sweets
Michael Grant Terry as Wendell Bray
Carla Gallo as Daisy Wick
Kevin Christy as Kurtis Rossi
Linda Hart as Mrs. Lucia Burtolino
Eric Matheny as Bob Caverly

My Thoughts:
Another episode I enjoyed. Once again the side stories were just as enjoyable as the murder mystery. This time mainly about Dr. Sweets and his girlfriend. Still a bunch of garbage keeping Angela and Hodgens apart... will be glad when that particular storyline is over.

My Rating:
Pete

Offline Dragonfire

• Mega Heavy Poster
    • View Profile
    • Dragonfire88 Pbwiki
« Reply #106 on: June 06, 2011, 09:33:27 PM »
I hated all the crap keeping Angela and Hodgins apart.  I wasn't watching the show regularly during this season because of that mess.

Offline addicted2dvd

• Forum Inventory
    • View Profile
« Reply #107 on: June 07, 2011, 03:24:50 PM »

17. Mayhem on a Cross
Air Date: 04/16/09
A human skeleton being used as a stage-prop casts Booth and Brennan headlong into the morbid, musical realm of death metal.

Guest Stars:
Stephen Fry as Dr. Gordon Wyatt
Eugene Byrd as Clark Edison
AJ Trauth as Pinworm
Michael William Freeman as Grinder
Tania Raymonde as Lexi

My Thoughts:
After reading the plot for this one I expected not to care much for this one (I didn't remember it from the original airing)... but I have to admit I liked it a lot. The music really don't come that much into play in the story. I was able to ignore it completely. And it really dug deep into the relationship between Booth, Brennan and Sweets. And it also brings back Dr. Gordon Wyatt... who was the first psychiatrist that was introduced after Booth shot the clown head. This one has good side stories and the murder case is interesting.

My Rating:
Pete

Offline addicted2dvd

• Forum Inventory
    • View Profile
« Reply #108 on: June 07, 2011, 05:39:32 PM »

18. The Double Death of the Dearly Departed
Air Date: 04/20/09
Booth and Brennan resort to bodysnatching in order to investigate the death of one of their Jeffersonian colleagues.

Guest Stars:
Kelvin Yu as Franklin Tung
Kathryn Meisle as Helen Reilly
Ellen Geer as Annie Reilly
Matt Malloy as Barney Reilly
Mandy Siegfried as Amy Valeska

My Thoughts:
A pretty good episode.... but not a favorite. Something about the murder that just didn't seem to click. But it did have it's entertainment value. The episode just don't hold up to the previous episodes.

My Rating:
Pete

Offline addicted2dvd

• Forum Inventory
    • View Profile
« Reply #109 on: June 07, 2011, 07:20:38 PM »

19. The Girl in the Mask
Air Date: 04/23/09
East meets west as Brennan and Booth team up with a Japanese investigative duo to solve a bizarre decapitation case.

Guest Stars:
Brian Tee as Ken Nakamura
Ally Maki as Dr. Haru Tanaka
Bumper Robinson as Micah Strutt
Larry Clarke as Paul Vogler
Yuji Okumoto as Bruce Takedo

My Thoughts:
A good episode. It has a really good murder case. Definitely kept my interest through-out the episode. I got a kick out of the team trying to figure out if the Japanese scientist was male or female. Made for a bit of a fun episode.

My Rating:
Pete

Offline addicted2dvd

• Forum Inventory
    • View Profile
« Reply #110 on: June 07, 2011, 09:04:14 PM »

20. The Beaver in the Otter
Air Date: 04/30/09
Booth and Brennan go back to school to investigate when the body of a fraternity member is found inside a rival school's mascot costume. Meanwhile, Booth offers to help his brother find a job.

Guest Stars:
Brendan Fehr as Jared Booth
Pej Vahdat as Arastoo Vaziri
Jaimie Alexander as Molly Briggs
Nick Ballard as Greg Harmalard
Rick Peters as Dean Vernon Warner

My Thoughts:
Another good episode. It was good to see Booth's brother again. Especially on how it ended for him in the last episode he was on. Having to solve a case in a college meant that we were dealing with stupid kids that like to have fun... so there was naturally some fun elements to this one. At this point  Angela is still in the celibate stage. They need to get her and Hodgins back together already. But to be honest... I can't remember if they do that this season or the next one. At this rate... with only two more season four episodes left... it will probably be next season.

My Rating:
Pete

Offline addicted2dvd

• Forum Inventory
    • View Profile
« Reply #111 on: June 08, 2011, 03:27:28 AM »

21. The Critic in the Cabernet
Air Date: 05/07/09
While investigating the murder of a famed wine connoisseur, Brennan surprises the team by announcing that she wants to have a baby.

Guest Stars:
Joel David Moore as Colin Fisher
Jeff Yagher as Sean Mortenson
Chad Willett as Charlie Dunwood
Latarsha Rose as Jenny Holt
Scottie Thompson as Kim Mortenson

My Thoughts:
another episode I enjoyed quite a bit. It has a good murder case they are working on... as well as a very good side story. Brennan deciding she wants a baby caused much disbelief from her friends. Booth starts to see Stewie from Family Guy letting us know that a few things he has seen in past episodes was indeed hallucinations... and ends up in the hospital. 

My Rating:
Pete

Offline addicted2dvd

• Forum Inventory
    • View Profile
« Reply #112 on: June 08, 2011, 03:54:53 PM »

22. The End in the Beginning
Air Date: 05/14/09
Nothing is as it appears when a dead body is discovered at a popular nightclub called The Lab.

Guest Stars:
Ryan O'Neal as Max Keenan
Eric Millegan as Zack Addy
Patricia Belcher as Caroline Julian
Sean Blakemore as Grayson Barasa
Eugene Byrd as C-Synch

My Thoughts:
This episode brings season four to an end. This is really a different type of episode. It all takes place in a fantasy world... a dream that Booth has while in a coma in the hospital. This episode even has Zach in it... which is good to see him again. As well as all the different interns that has been taking his place at the Jeffersonian. So it was pretty cool seeing everyone in the one episode. And for those music lovers out there... this episode even has Mötley Crüe performing. It is a right good episode... and nice change of pace for the season finale.

My Rating:
Pete

Offline addicted2dvd

• Forum Inventory
    • View Profile
« Reply #113 on: June 08, 2011, 04:04:38 PM »
Bones: Season 5
Dr. Temperance Brennan (Emily Deschanel) and Special Agent Seeley Booth (David Boreanaz) are back for more mystery, murder, and mayhem in Season Five of Bones. Relying on Brennan's unparalleled scientific abilities and Booth's street-wise instincts, the sexy, crime-solving duo and their team face everything from modern-day witches to murdered rock'n'rollers as they scramble for evidence to stop a gruesome serial killer. This spectacular new season brings a wedding, the show's landmark 100th episode, and decisions Bones and Booth must make that could change their lives...forever!

Episodes:
1. Harbingers in a Fountain
2. The Bond in the Boot
3. The Plain in the Prodigy
4. The Beautiful Day in the Neighborhood
5. The Night at the Bones Museum
6. The Tough Man in the Tender Chicken
7. The Dwarf in the Dirt
8. The Foot in the Foreclosure
9. The Gamer in the Grease
10. The Goop on the Girl
11. The X in the File
12. The Proof in the Pudding
13. The Dentist in the Ditch
14. The Devil in the Details
15. The Bones on the Blue Line
16. The Parts in the Sum of the Whole
17. The Death of the Queen Bee
18. The Predator in the Pool
19. The Rocker in the Rinse Cycle
20. The Witch in the Wardrobe
21. The Boy with the Answers
22. The Beginning in the End

Stars:
David Boreanaz as FBI Special Agent Seeley Booth
Emily Deschanel as Dr. Temperance Brennan
Michaela Conlin as Angela Montenegro
T J Thyne as Dr. Jack Hodgins
Tamara Taylor as Dr. Camille Saroyan
Pete

Offline addicted2dvd

• Forum Inventory
    • View Profile
« Reply #114 on: June 08, 2011, 05:57:14 PM »

1. Harbingers in the Fountain
Air Date: 09/17/09
A psychic's revelation leads to the discovery of deceased cult members—and the psychic's sister. Meanwhile Booth has the revelation that his feelings towards Brennan are caused by his brain tumor.

Guest Stars:
Cyndi Lauper as Avalon Harmonia
Patricia Belcher as Caroline Julian
Lenny Schmidt as Dr. Charles Leacock
Michael Bryan French as Tom Fargood / Alexander Gallo
Amy Dudgeon as FBI Agent

My Thoughts:
This is a very good start to the new season. I enjoyed the murder case... and liked the side story of the differences in Booth after his tumor operation and coma. I found it a little odd it didn't mention the ongoing storyline between Angela and Hodgins. But I guess it had enough to deal with concerning the other two storylines. It was also strange that there was no intern helping in the lab in this episode.

My Rating:
« Last Edit: June 08, 2011, 06:56:31 PM by addicted2dvd »
Pete

Offline addicted2dvd

• Forum Inventory
    • View Profile
« Reply #115 on: June 08, 2011, 08:11:40 PM »

2. The Bond in the Boot
Air Date: 09/24/09
The deaths of a CIA agent and a Russian diamond courier are linked in an intriguing way. Meanwhile, Brennan's publishers give her a Rolex, but Booth can't afford to hire a plumber.

Guest Stars:
Christopher B. Duncan as Arthur Rutledge
Michael Arden as Harold Prescott
Riki Lindhome as Mandy Summers
Emily Foxler as Lena Brodsky
Joseph Julian Soria as Pedro Marquez

My Thoughts:
Not a bad episode... but I wouldn't rank it as high as most the others. The whole spy thing in the storyline really didn't appeal to me at all. I did however like the storyline where Wendell was loosing his grant and couldn't continue to intern at the Jeffersonian.

My Rating:
Pete

Offline addicted2dvd

• Forum Inventory
    • View Profile
« Reply #116 on: June 08, 2011, 09:32:50 PM »

3. The Plain in the Prodigy
Air Date: 10/01/09
As Booth and Brennan discover that the body found on train tracks in Virginia is that of a musical yrodigious Amish boy, Michelle faces the mystery of when to begin having sex.

Guest Stars:
Eugene Byrd as Clark Edison
Tiffany Hynes as Michelle Welton
Randy Oglesby as Daniel Yoder
Jennifer Parsons as Rebecca Yoder
Kaitlin Doubleday as Karin Lin
Arjay Smith as Tony Salinas

My Thoughts:
This one I enjoyed quite a bit. It has an interesting murder case to solve. And I also enjoyed the side story of Michelle... the teen girl Cam adopted... showing interest in having sex for the first time. I must admit I got a kick out of Booth scaring the boy interested in Michelle. I mean what isn't scary about an FBI agent... who used to be a sniper... ready to take care of you if you touch a girl.

My Rating:
Pete

Offline addicted2dvd

• Forum Inventory
    • View Profile
« Reply #117 on: June 08, 2011, 10:51:03 PM »

4. Beautiful Day in the Neighborhood
Air Date: 10/08/09
While the body found in a barbecue pit reveals ugly secrets about suburbia, Arastoo loses his accent in hopes of gaining acceptance, and Booth's son urges him to get a girlfriend in hopes of gaining a swimming pool.

Guest Stars:
Pej Vahdat as Arastoo Vaziri
Leonardo Nam as Nate Grunenfelder
Reggie Austin as James Perry
Billy Gardell as Bob Sayles
Cheryl White as Mary Kay Sayles
Paula Newsome as Kelly Bissette

My Thoughts:
Another that I enjoyed quite a bit. The murder mystery is a good one. Kept my interest through-out. Though the side story with Arastoo Vaziri was one I really found no interest in what so every. Him faking his accent... I mean... who cares? It adds nothing at all to the show.... making it no more then filler for this episode. After the whole first disc of the fifth season they still haven't even mentioned the Angela / Hodgins storyline. I wish they would finish it up and get those two back together already.

My Rating:
Pete

Offline addicted2dvd

• Forum Inventory
    • View Profile
« Reply #118 on: June 09, 2011, 12:41:16 AM »

5. The Night at the Bones Museum
Air Date: 10/15/09
The analysis of the mummy of a royal Egyption boy reveals facts that change written history, and Booth doesn't stay mum when Brennan agrees to go on a date with Hacker.

Guest Stars:
Carla Gallo as Daisy Wick
Diedrich Bader as Andrew Hacker
Andy Umberger as Steven Turnbull
Mozhan Marno as Azita Jabbari
Kasey Mahaffy as Leland Frankel
Eli Goodman as Dr. Alexander Wheaton

My Thoughts:
This is an excellent episode. I enjoyed every minute of it. It has a very interesting murder case they are trying to solve. And I really liked the side story of Daisy once again becoming one of the Jeffersonian interns after being fired because no one liked to work with her. It was actually kind of funny to see Daisy and Brennan get all excited together over the Egyptian mummy findings. And Brennan knowing the Boris Karloff movie The Mummy so well was also entertaining for some reason. I guess it just seemed so out of character for her... even though it shouldn't have. I mean after all... if she is going to know any movie it would be that one. Definitely one of the best episodes I seen in quite a while.

My Rating:
Pete

Offline addicted2dvd

• Forum Inventory
    • View Profile
« Reply #119 on: June 09, 2011, 02:59:11 AM »

6. The Tough Man in the Tender Chicken
Air Date: 11/05/09
Animal welfare is the theme when a murdered man turns out to have been the owner of a chicken processing plant with a surprising enemy — and Angela sets out to rescue a pig from slaughter.

Guest Stars:
Sean Bridgers as John Collins
Tracy Middendorf as Gaynor Rabin
Sufe Bradshaw as Gina McNamara
Andrew J. West as Josh Parsons
Steven M. Porter as Roy Meyers

My Thoughts:
Not a terrible episode... though definitely on the average side. The murder case they worked on was only mildly interesting. They finally got back to the Angela/Hodgins storyline. But it seems only to put yet another wrinkle into it. I swear I don't remember it taking so long for those two to get back together. It's been all of season 4... and a nice chunk of season 5 already. But I am almost positive they get back together at some point within this season.

My Rating:
Pete