Author Topic: The Lake House  (Read 2200 times)

hal9g

The Lake House
« on: July 13, 2010, 01:06:47 AM »

Title: The Lake House
Year: 2006
Director: Alejandro Agresti
Rating: PG
Length: 98 Min.
Video: Widescreen 2.40:1
Audio: English: Dolby Digital: 5.1, French: Dolby Digital: 5.1, Spanish: Dolby Digital: 5.1
Subtitles: English, French, Spanish

Stars:
Keanu Reeves
Sandra Bullock
Shohreh Aghdashloo
Christopher Plummer
Ebon Moss-Bachrach

Plot:
Dr. Kate Forster has finally found romance. Trouble is, it's a long-distance relationship. She's in downtown Chicago. He's in a remote lakeside suburb. And there's more: She's in 2006. He's in 2004.

Keanu Reeves and Sandra Bullock team for the first time since Speed for this heart-lifting story of a love that transcends time. It begins when Kate moves out of her visually stunning lake house and leaves a note for the tenant, architect Alex Wyler. They begin a correspondence and soon come to realize they are meant for each other... and that, somehow, they live two years apart. Can they ever meet? What would happen if they tried? Magical and emotionally rich, The Lake House is a love story for 2004, for 2006, for all times.

Extras:
Scene Access
Feature Trailers
Deleted Scenes

My Thoughts:
OK.  So this is a major “chick flick”, but I have to say that I really enjoyed it.  Sandra Bullock and Keanu Reeves are among my favorite contemporary stars , so putting them together in this romantic comedy with a “time” twist was a perfect combination.  Although the main plot line is not new (You’ve Got Mail jumps to mind) the originality of the two-year time difference lent a uniqueness to this presentation.  I have to admit, I knew most of the plot twists long before the “reveals” in the movie, but, seeing how they were going to work them in was still fun.  Great film for a Friday night at home with your SO and some nice hot, buttered popcorn!

Rating: