Author Topic: Doing the ABC's Movie Style!!  (Read 59292 times)

addicted2comics(:P)

Re: Doing the ABC's Movie Style!!
« Reply #45 on: July 23, 2010, 11:02:11 PM »

Title: Nosferatu: The First Vampire: Arrow Special Collector's Series
Year: 1998
Director: F. W. Murnau [F.W. Murnau]
Rating: NR
Length: 67 Min.
Video: Full Frame 1.33:1
Audio: English: Dolby Digital: 2-Channel Stereo
Subtitles:

Stars:
Max Schreck
Alexander Granach
Gustav von Wagenheim
G. H. Schell
Ruth Landshoff
John Gottowt

Plot:
F.W. Murnau's Nosferatu is an unauthorized adaptation of Bram Stoker's Dracula. It recounts the eternal battle between good and evil, love and hate, innocence and death. A young man must combat the devil incarnate in the form of the sinister Count Orlock, better known as Nosferatu - The Undead, in order to save his soul and the woman he loves.

Nosferatu represents one of the first treatments of the Vampire on film and remains a classic in cinematic history. This updated version will both thrill and horrify new generations for years to come with an original soundtrack by Type O Negative. Murnau's Nosferatu can truly be called The First Vampire.

Extras:
Feature Trailers
Music Videos

My Thoughts:

Yes, I'm watching horror when my father can't! :P I had to do it!!

I've seen Nosferatu before. The movie was good, you're basic (and first, after the Dracula book) vampire story. Since it was shot silenmtly, I always had to rush when it came to reading, or paused it time after time, which got a little annoying. The background music was awesome in my opinion. (Keep on rockin', Type O Negative!!! :dance: ) The black and white and no sound didn't bother me, except for one thing - - - it seemed so peaceful with that nice horror-like music that I near fell asleep while it was going, and, keep in mind that opening intro included, the movie moved to end credits about an hour in.

My Rating:
Out of a Possible 5

RossRoy

« Reply #46 on: July 23, 2010, 11:12:57 PM »

Title: Nosferatu: The First Vampire: Arrow Special Collector's Series
Director: F. W. Murnau [F.W. Murnau]

Wow! F. W. Murnau and Max Schrek must've been really old when that movie was filmed  ;)

Offline addicted2dvd

• Forum Inventory
    • View Profile
« Reply #47 on: July 23, 2010, 11:58:12 PM »
 :laugh: That is when it was redone with the music and the introduction from David Carradine. So it was basically redone in 1998 so they slapped 1998 on it as the year. I ended up leaving it that way in profiler... I just can't decide if I agree with it or not... I keep going back on forth on it.   :stars:  :P
Pete

« Reply #48 on: July 24, 2010, 08:39:09 PM »

Title: One Missed Call
Year: 2008
Director: Eric Valette
Rating: PG-13
Length: 87 Min.
Video: Anamorphic Widescreen 1.85:1, Full Frame 1.33:1
Audio: English: Dolby Digital: 5.1, Spanish: Dolby Digital: 5.1, French: Dolby Digital: 5.1
Subtitles: English, French, Spanish

Stars:
Shannyn Sossamon
Edward Burns
Ana Claudia Talancon
Ray Wise
Azura Skye
Johnny Lewis

Plot:
It happens to one. Then another. And another. College students discover eerie voicemail messages on their cell phones. Each call comes from the near future. Each call has the chilling voice of the student during his or her last moments alive. And each call comes true.

Terror is One Missed Call away in this got-your-number shocker based on the hit Japanese thriller Chakushin ari. Does the viral spree of calls have a single source? Is there something that links the victims? Psych student Beth Raymond (Shannyn Sossamon) and detective Jack Andrews (Ed Burns) scramble for answers. And they're working fast. Because Beth just discovered an ominous message.

Extras:
Scene Access
Feature Trailers

My Thoughts:

The movie was pretty interesting. When I saw the commercial back when it arrived in theaters, I couldn't wait!! This, surprisingly, was my first time seeing it. My only regret about this movie is..well...I was kinda dissapointed in the deaths. I thought they'd all be murdered when they get the calls! I don't think I'll expose anything by saying most of the deaths seemed like accidents. I can't help but feel they should have been pulled away in a bloody trail, still screaming in their last seconds.........what can I say? It's what I expected. Also, the ending is keeping me wondering.

(click to show/hide)

All in all, it's a good movie, I just it needs a little more help to be on the scary side. At the most, I was only slightly creeped. :(

My Rating:
Out of a Possible 5

Offline addicted2dvd

• Forum Inventory
    • View Profile
« Reply #49 on: July 24, 2010, 09:43:32 PM »
I remember not caring for this one too much. I may have to give it another go when I can watch horror again.
Pete

« Reply #50 on: July 24, 2010, 10:26:35 PM »

Title: The Prince of Egypt: Signature Selection: Widescreen
Director: Brenda Chapman, Steve Hickner, Simon Wells
Rating: PG
Length: 99 Min.
Video: Anamorphic Widescreen 1.85:1
Audio: English: Dolby Digital: 5.1, English: Dolby Digital: Dolby Surround, Commentary: Dolby Digital: Dolby Surround
Subtitles: English

Stars:
Val Kilmer
Ralph Fiennes
Michelle Pfeiffer
Sandra Bullock
Jeff Goldblum
Danny Glover

Plot:
An epic adventure and milestone in cinematic achievement, The Prince Of Egypt has captivated movie audiences the world over, becoming one of the top animated films of all time. Unparalleled artistry and powerful Academy Award™ - winning* music bring this beloved story to life as never before, with unforgettable characters voiced by a roster of stars as impressive as any ever assembled for a feature film.

This is the extraordinary tale of two brothers, one born of royal blood, one an orphan with a secret past. Growing up the best of friends, they share a strong bond of free-spirited youth and good-natured rivalry. But the truth will ultimately set them at odds, as one becomes the ruler of the most powerful empire on earth, the other the chosen leader of his people. Their final confrontation will forever change their lives – and the world.

Both spectacular entertainment and a celebration of the human spirit, The Prince Of Egypt stands as a classic for the ages, for audiences of every generation to enjoy and cherish.

*1998 Best Original Song "When You Believe"

Extras:
Scene Access
Audio Commentary
Feature Trailers
Featurettes
Gallery
Production Notes
Music Videos

My Thoughts:

Wow. I remember so much of this. The plagues. Death of the first born son. Turning the sea to blood.

The movie is very well done, though I don't recommend it for children (the very young, might be a bit too strong when it came to deaths and the plague.) it was a great retelling of Moses' journey. There is really not much else to say.

My Rating:
Out of a Possible 5

« Reply #51 on: July 25, 2010, 12:04:15 AM »

Title: Quest for Camelot: Special Edition
Director: Frederik Du Chau
Rating: G
Length: 86 Min.
Video: Anamorphic Widescreen 1.85:1
Audio: English: Dolby Digital: 5.1, French: Dolby Digital: 5.1, Music Only: Dolby Digital: 5.1
Subtitles: English, French

Stars:
Jessalyn Gilsig
Andrea Corr
Cary Elwes
Bryan White
Gary Oldman
Eric Idle

Plot:
Stunning animation and sensational songs await you in the enchanted land of Camelot. A spirited teenage girl named KAYLEY answers to the call of adventure when RUBER the evil knight steals KING ARTHUR'S legendary sword, Excalibur. Aided by GARRETT, a handsome, blind squire, Kayley embarks on a thrilling quest to recover the sword and save her beloved kingdom. Along the way, these two unlikely heroes meet up with one outrageously funny creature — a wise-cracking, two-headed dragon named Devon & Cornwall. On their magical, musical journey, Kayley and Garrett discover the unlimited power of friendship and courage. You'll Discover dazzling, fun-filled entertainment in QUEST FOR CAMELOT.

Extras:
Scene Access
Feature Trailers
Bonus Trailers
Featurettes
Production Notes
Music Videos
Closed Captioned

My Thoughts:

This is actually an old favorite of mine. Though I love the story and the spirit, it suffers from one flaw - - -too much music. I personally think a song or two is plenty. But, C'mon! A song just for the villain to explain his plan? A song where the dragons impersonate Elvis and Sunny & Cher? Ugh. :thumbdown:

Nonetheless, still a favorite! I wouldn't be surprised if I felt like watching it again!

My Rating:
Out of a Possible 5

Offline addicted2dvd

• Forum Inventory
    • View Profile
« Reply #52 on: July 25, 2010, 12:21:12 AM »
One song is one song too many!  :tease:
Pete

« Reply #53 on: July 26, 2010, 01:05:37 AM »
Unlike Dad, I'd be ok w/ 2 or 3. Maybe 4. ;D

Offline addicted2dvd

• Forum Inventory
    • View Profile
« Reply #54 on: July 26, 2010, 01:09:06 AM »
Where I put my earplugs? :P
Pete

Offline Kathy

• Super Heavy Poster
    • View Profile
« Reply #55 on: July 26, 2010, 01:18:12 AM »
I'm getting a package together for your father...and I'm including a DVD with music!  :devil:

Offline addicted2dvd

• Forum Inventory
    • View Profile
« Reply #56 on: July 26, 2010, 01:31:16 AM »
Kathy... You wouldn't!... would you? :surrender:
Pete

Offline Kathy

• Super Heavy Poster
    • View Profile
« Reply #57 on: July 26, 2010, 01:40:28 AM »
Kathy... You wouldn't!... would you? :surrender:

I already have! It's in the pile of things to go. :tease:

I'm over here cracking up just thinking about you watching it! And I do remember you saying that if someone sent you something you would have to watch it!  :hysterical:

Offline addicted2dvd

• Forum Inventory
    • View Profile
« Reply #58 on: July 26, 2010, 01:46:55 AM »
Oh... uh... you remembered that did you?  :fingerchew:

Of course I did... and yes I will watch whatever is sent to me. But it just might take a while. :P
Pete

Offline Kathy

• Super Heavy Poster
    • View Profile
« Reply #59 on: July 26, 2010, 01:55:13 AM »
Ah but Pete...you never said you had to turn the volume on!  ;)