Author Topic: AWOL  (Read 73922 times)

Offline GSyren

• Heavy Poster
    • View Profile
Re: AWOL
« Reply #525 on: February 22, 2014, 11:04:34 AM »
Welcome back, Sébastien!

Good to see that we have someone representing French speaking Canada, now that Jimmy seems to prefer to lurk on Facebook instead.

Offline Tom

• Mega Heavy Poster
    • View Profile
    • Cinematic Collection Viewer
« Reply #526 on: February 24, 2014, 07:32:22 AM »
Welcome back!

Offline Kathy

• Super Heavy Poster
    • View Profile
« Reply #527 on: February 24, 2014, 02:02:06 PM »
Happy days! Welcome back Sébastien.  :thundergod:

Offline Jimmy

• Mega Heavy Poster
  • Yes this is me...
    • View Profile
« Reply #528 on: February 25, 2014, 12:46:03 AM »
Good to see that we have someone representing French speaking Canada, now that Jimmy seems to prefer to lurk on Facebook instead.
Eric is French Canadian too :whistle:
So I wasn't the only one...

Offline addicted2dvd

• Forum Inventory
    • View Profile
« Reply #529 on: February 25, 2014, 01:39:04 AM »
Welcome back, Sébastien!
Pete

Offline Achim

• Mega Heavy Poster
    • View Profile
« Reply #530 on: February 25, 2014, 05:17:57 AM »
Great to see you are doing well! Welcome back.

Offline GSyren

• Heavy Poster
    • View Profile
« Reply #531 on: February 25, 2014, 09:50:21 AM »
Eric is French Canadian too :whistle:
So I wasn't the only one...
I have to confess, Jimmy. My post was - partially - a bait to see if you still read the forum. And since you do, I'd like to say that I miss your reviews here.

RossRoy

« Reply #532 on: February 26, 2014, 02:24:14 AM »
Thanks guys! It's good to be back.
I'm still a bit lacking for time but, shouldn't be as bad as it was.
And to be honest? It was a really bad move on my part to "move away" from y'all.
In any case, a lot has happened, but it's behind me now..

:thanks:

Offline Dragonfire

• Mega Heavy Poster
    • View Profile
    • Dragonfire88 Pbwiki
« Reply #533 on: February 26, 2014, 05:41:46 AM »
Welcome back :)

I haven't been around much lately either..work has had the nerve to interfere with my movie watching/book reading/reviewing time again.  Lots of long hours..haven't had time to do much of anything other than go to work, come home, take a shower, sleep, back to work.  But it is slowing down a little.  I even have tomorrow off.  Woo hoo.

Anyway.  I want to get back to posting more..and watching movies and stuff again - I have not forgotten about the Doctor Who marathon.  I'm just way late starting.  and I want to do reviews again...though now I have to post them somewhere else.  Got the lovely news this evening that Epinions is basically shut down.  I did try another site for a bit last year..have to go there again...and post on my blog more.  Just have to get going with it again.

anyway, hopefully I'll be around more again.

Offline Dragonfire

• Mega Heavy Poster
    • View Profile
    • Dragonfire88 Pbwiki
« Reply #534 on: March 19, 2014, 02:54:42 AM »
Well...my hopes of being able to post more again kind of got shot to hell...again tied to work.

There have been some issues this year with a few people having medical issues.  The one guy in my office was diagnosed with bladder cancer...maybe a month ago.  So he's had to have time off for tests..there was some sort of surgery to remove the turmor or something.  He was off for a while for that...then more tests and appointments.  He finally went to Ohio State today to the James Cancer Center - way better than the local hospital.  Anyway, the doc there said it hasn't spread and that he thinks he can get rid of the cancer without having to remove the bladder - doc here in town made it out like removing the bladder was the only option.  New doc also said it isn't life threatening.  So that is good.  I think all of us have been worried about him. 

In addition to that, the owner had been having issues too.  Evidently she had it some last year too at this time.  I just knew about some trouble just before Thanksgiving mostly.  So anyway...she basically couldn't eat or drink without throwing up.  She kept coming to work though, wanting to put off a doctor visit until after tax season is over.  Well that didn't work.  10 days ago I think it was - a Saturday - she ended up going to the er.  She was admitted.  It took them like a day to figure out what was wrong.  Her stomach was twisted, which was why she kept throwing up when she tried to eat or drink.  She also had a hiatial hernia - not sure on the spelling.  She knew about that before, but evidently it was never linked to the other issue before.  The stomach thing is supposed to be rare in people.  None of the surgeons here in town could do the surgery so she ended up in Columbus at one of those hospitals.  They didn't do surgery until Friday.  Then by that time, her stomach had untwisted or something and they didn't have to do that part of the surgery.  They just fixed the hernia.  She got out of the hospital yesterday.  So while she has been gone, the manager of my office has had to run back and forth between both offices to take care of her own clients and the owners' clients.  Then everyone in our office had to work more last week to cover the manager being gone.  I think the manager is about ready to crack up...the manger at the other office is ...well....  she is very controlling about certain things and she's been getting nasty with my manger - who has been running herself ragged trying to take care of everything. 

I guess the doctor said the owner should be off work for 3 weeks.  No one sees that happening.  I guess she told someone she might be in tomorrow.  So who knows.  Though if she goes back, then my manager can be back in our office...at least most of the time, and get a break from the pressure over there.  I had more bookkeeping stuff to do last week, plus I spent most of the day last friday over there just trying to help my manger with stuff since she is so far behind.  It was almost like the busy time again, without as many clients.  But I was there, in one office or the other just about every day last week till about 8.  I haven't had a day off in over a week...and right now it looks like I won't have one until Sunday..making 14 days without a day off.  At least tomorrow I get to go in a little later.

Sorry for rambling so long.  I just wanted to let you all know why I disappeared again.  I haven't had time to do anything really.  this is the first time I've used the computer at home in well over a week. 

Oh...my office and the owner's office chipped in to get her a present..we got her the complete series of Murder She Wrote.  I actually thought of that because she told me one day last summer about how much she liked that show and how she never found it on tv anymore.  The one woman in my office came up with this different idea that turned out kind of neat to give it to the owner.  She put the foam stuff down in the box that is used for artificial flowers, some fake flowers, and then she attached these stick things to each season of the series and stuck them in the foam stuff too.  So it was like a flower arrangement but with DVDs instead.  It looked nice..and it was definitely creative.

Anyway, I hope to have a little more time off before the last few weeks when we get really busy again.  Though yesterday and today were fairly steady again for our office anyway.

Offline Tom

• Mega Heavy Poster
    • View Profile
« Reply #535 on: June 15, 2014, 09:22:46 PM »
I will be on vacation in Florida from June 26th until 13th of July.

Offline GSyren

• Heavy Poster
    • View Profile
« Reply #536 on: June 15, 2014, 09:50:23 PM »
I will be on vacation in Florida from June 26th until 13th of July.
You lucky dog  :thumbup:

Offline Dragonfire

• Mega Heavy Poster
    • View Profile
    • Dragonfire88 Pbwiki
« Reply #537 on: June 16, 2014, 02:07:39 AM »
Enjoy your trip.  Are you going to any of the parks there? Disney?  Universal?  Wizarding World of Harry Potter?

Offline Tom

• Mega Heavy Poster
    • View Profile
« Reply #538 on: June 16, 2014, 06:16:39 AM »
Enjoy your trip.  Are you going to any of the parks there? Disney?  Universal?  Wizarding World of Harry Potter?

Thanks. Yes, we will visit one or two parks. Probably Sea World and Universal'a Islands of Adventure.

Offline addicted2dvd

• Forum Inventory
    • View Profile
« Reply #539 on: June 16, 2014, 01:02:54 PM »
Have a great time Tom! :)
Pete