Author Topic: AWOL  (Read 73391 times)

Najemikon

Re: AWOL
« Reply #555 on: October 19, 2014, 10:05:22 PM »
Hey everyone, long time no speak! :D Sorry I haven't been around; still busy as heck ripping my house to bits.  :training:

In between I am trying to get MovieGoose back up and running with at least a bit more activity on Twitter.

In the meantime we're also planning a trip to America in November!  :yahoo: The missus is a big music fan, especially Elvis, Johnny Cash, etc, so we're going to New Orleans and driving to Nashville via Memphis (for Graceland), with stop-offs in Tupelo, Jackson and Baton Rouge. Anyone from around that neck of the woods with recommendations?

Oh yeah and then we fly from Nashville to New York to connect to go home! I said no way am I just connecting there, so we've got a night in Manhattan too.  :thumbup: We've effectually got a day there so hopefully we'll see Ground Zero and Empire State at least.

So what's been going on with you lot? How's Britt finding the UK, Pete?

Offline Dragonfire

• Mega Heavy Poster
    • View Profile
    • Dragonfire88 Pbwiki
« Reply #556 on: October 19, 2014, 10:39:41 PM »
Hi :)

I've never been to any of those places.  I think there is supposed to be several nice things in Nashville.  Grand Ole Opry and all that sort of stuff. 

How long are you going to be over here?  Hopefully you'll have fun.  And just think, you'll finally be driving on the proper side of the road.  ;D

Nothing much going on with me.  Learning a new program for work...fun fun fun...after the one computer I use for the bookkeeping stuff was replaced with a new one...with Windows 8. I do not like Windows 8.

I have been trying to post more on my blogs too.  Been doing a bit more with tv shows lately. 

Guess that's about it here. 

Oh...I got myself a Doctor Who lamp yesterday..the base is the TARDIS and it makes all the sounds.  Doesn't take much to make me happy.   :)

Najemikon

« Reply #557 on: October 19, 2014, 11:07:55 PM »
That lamp sounds awesome.  ;D

Offline Dragonfire

• Mega Heavy Poster
    • View Profile
    • Dragonfire88 Pbwiki
« Reply #558 on: October 20, 2014, 07:35:46 AM »
I've wanted it for like 2 years.  lol
The shade has 11 and Amy on it...some of the promotional images from their first season. 

Offline Dragonfire

• Mega Heavy Poster
    • View Profile
    • Dragonfire88 Pbwiki
« Reply #559 on: October 21, 2014, 06:21:35 AM »
I forgot about this last night...friend is getting me 2 prints from James Hance.  He's an awesome artist.  I don't have them yet, but they are ordered. 

These are all sorts of awesome.

Hance is on Facebook and he posts when he is working on stuff.  He said last week it is working on something official for BBC tied to Doctor Who.  There are prints of stuff he did in the new Blu-ray Sherlock collector's edition set.  I'll share his website if anyone wants to see his other stuff.  He does some that are tied just to one thing - like some Doctor Who, Lord of the Rings, Harry Potter etc - and he also does some that combine things..Doctor Who and Star Wars...Star Wars and Up...Muppets and Firefly.  It is just awesome.

www.jameshance.com

Offline DSig

• Heavy Poster
    • View Profile
« Reply #560 on: October 22, 2014, 06:10:01 AM »
The one of Haggard is brilliant
Thank you
David

Najemikon

« Reply #561 on: October 22, 2014, 12:40:42 PM »
I have some of his prints. Wookie the Chew is wonderful. I also have a simple E.T. one that is gorgeous and a Calvin and Hobbes one, painted as if it was a real boy and a real tiger. Stunning.

Offline DJ Doena

• Administrator
  • Mega Heavy Poster
  • Battle Troll
    • View Profile
    • My Blog
« Reply #562 on: October 22, 2014, 07:15:49 PM »

It's either Hagrid. Or Hagger!
Karsten

Abraham Lincoln once said The trouble with quotes from the internet is that you never know if they're genuine.

my Blog | my DVD Profiler Tools

Offline Dragonfire

• Mega Heavy Poster
    • View Profile
    • Dragonfire88 Pbwiki
« Reply #563 on: October 23, 2014, 02:44:47 AM »
His work is amazing.  I'm constantly in awe of what he does.   He's posting new stuff on Facebook all the time.  It seems like it takes a little while for some of them to become available as prints after he does them.

He did one not long ago of Galadriel that is stunning.  Prints aren't available for sale yet, but I think he plans to have them eventually.  There is one of Gimli that is great.  The level of detail he does blows my mind.

I've wanted some of his stuff before, but just hadn't gotten around to getting any yet.  I think I will get more at some point.  He's done a few other Harry Potter ones so far...from stuff he has said on Facebook, I think he plans to eventually do more.

Offline DSig

• Heavy Poster
    • View Profile
« Reply #564 on: October 23, 2014, 07:19:41 AM »

It's either Hagrid. Or Hagger!
Yeah i completely fatfingered or fatthought that one .. Hagrid it is
Thank you
David