Offline DJ Doena

• Administrator
  • Mega Heavy Poster
  • Battle Troll
    • View Profile
    • My Blog
Re: AWOL
« Reply #15 on: March 07, 2008, 08:57:22 PM »
TBH I am dreading the Tuesday. Berlin has four different means of public transportation: Bus, Tram, Subway (U-Bahn) and the S-Bahn.

The first three belong to the BVG. The employees of the BVG are currently on strike for better payments. If all goes wrong then the train drivers of the "Deutsche Bahn" (the only federal train company) will go on strike from Monday on. Guess to which company the S-Bahn belongs?

That means, first I don't get to the Berlin central train station and when I am there my train won't bring me back to Karlsruhe.

>:(
Karsten

Abraham Lincoln once said The trouble with quotes from the internet is that you never know if they're genuine.

my Blog | my DVD Profiler Tools

Offline Achim

• Mega Heavy Poster
    • View Profile
« Reply #16 on: March 10, 2008, 09:25:21 PM »
Karsten, I think it's great how you always remember to announce your short leaves...

I have been in Germany for almost three weeks now and only today I realized I might have mentioned it here; now that I am probably flying back tomorrow...

Probably...? Well, there are some groups of workers on strike these days and while the airline company emplyees are not, others may have an effect on my flight schedule (like: last week the firemen at Hanover airport striked, which in turn caused that no airplane could land or take-off).

If I am posting here tomorrow it means I couldn't go home...

Offline Achim

• Mega Heavy Poster
    • View Profile
« Reply #17 on: March 11, 2008, 10:25:55 AM »
Since I posted in another thread I thought I better mention here:

I called the airport earlier today and it appears that the strikes have no impact on my flight schedule today. :phew: I will be leaving to the airport shortly.

Offline DJ Doena

• Administrator
  • Mega Heavy Poster
  • Battle Troll
    • View Profile
    • My Blog
« Reply #18 on: March 11, 2008, 05:52:19 PM »
Have a good flight!
Karsten

Abraham Lincoln once said The trouble with quotes from the internet is that you never know if they're genuine.

lyonsden5

« Reply #19 on: March 13, 2008, 10:07:35 PM »
Speaking of AWOL... I'm back (if anyone even knew I was missing  :bag: ) Over three weeks without posting!  :o

I just moved. Between the packing, cleaning up of the old house and unpacking I haven't been around. I've popped in here and there but haven't posted or read many topics. I now have 3 pages on the "all unread topics" page.  :slaphead: I'll probably just mark everything as read and start fresh.

Good to see everything is still the same, with what looks like some new features or enhancements by our webmaster  :bow: I did look at your PHP offer Touti. Big green arrow for you! (wait... :-\ wrong forum).

So if I missed something really important let me know. Regardless, I'm glad to be back.  :yu:

BTW - finally have my new computer set up as well.  8) (2) 24" and a 20" monitor! 4Gb Ram. This freggin thing smokes!

lovemunkey187

« Reply #20 on: March 14, 2008, 12:33:49 PM »
BTW - finally have my new computer set up as well.  8) (2) 24" and a 20" monitor! 4Gb Ram. This freggin thing smokes!

Quick send it back before it sets your house on fire.

Or is it coal fired?  :hmmmm:

Offline Achim

• Mega Heavy Poster
    • View Profile
« Reply #21 on: March 14, 2008, 01:36:55 PM »
Have a good flight!
Thanks, I arrived well. My luggage was a day late though...

Here's what happened:
The lady at the check in counter asked me if I wanted to use some of my collected miles to upgrade to first class. I thought "what the heck" and did! the flight from Hanover to Frankfurt departed with quite some delay and left me with only 25 minutes to transfer in Frankfurt. Well, having upgraded to dfirst class really saved me here: the plane stopped somewhere on the field (rather than a gate) and when getting off the stairs I saw a guy with a paper with my name on it! He led me to a huge Mercedes and then him and a lady drove me to the gate, leading me through some hidden corridors to get there. So, I made it without running :) what an experience! Well, my luggage didn't make it at all though :( and arrived a day later.

Offline DJ Doena

• Administrator
  • Mega Heavy Poster
  • Battle Troll
    • View Profile
    • My Blog
« Reply #22 on: March 19, 2008, 09:51:19 AM »
From Friday until next Wednesday I will be in Berlin at my family's.
Karsten

Offline Kathy

• Super Heavy Poster
    • View Profile
« Reply #23 on: March 19, 2008, 04:16:36 PM »
From Friday until next Wednesday I will be in Berlin at my family's.

Have a wonderful time with your family!

Offline DJ Doena

• Administrator
  • Mega Heavy Poster
  • Battle Troll
    • View Profile
    • My Blog
« Reply #24 on: March 20, 2008, 09:18:46 PM »
Have a wonderful time with your family!
Thanks!

I hope you all have a few days off and can enjoy Easter and do whatever is custom in your region. :)

Karsten

Offline Achim

• Mega Heavy Poster
    • View Profile
« Reply #25 on: March 26, 2008, 06:07:41 AM »
The lady at the check in counter asked me if I wanted to use some of my collected miles to upgrade to first class. I thought "what the heck" and did!
So, a few days later the let down of the first class travel came... (not really because I was traveling first class, but it happened in there...). While sitting on my sofa at home I suddenly had this image in front of me of the little compartment of the arm rest of the first class chair (funny how the brain works, isn't it?). Why would I see that? Well, because I somehow came to realize that I had placed my iPod in there before landing (actually thinking that I'd need to remember to take it out while taxing) but had not taken it out again. :-[

As it appears impossible to have it shipped from Hong Kong to Taiwan I'll be taking a short trip to Hong Kong on Saturday (one day only), picking up my iPod and doing some shopping as well, since I am there already. ;D

I guess that'll teach me for eternity and I'll never stick my iPod where it doesn't belong again...

(Why am I telling this? I guess I am a glutton for embarrassment... :bag:)

Offline Tom

• Mega Heavy Poster
    • View Profile
    • Cinematic Collection Viewer
« Reply #26 on: March 26, 2008, 09:39:51 AM »
As it appears impossible to have it shipped from Hong Kong to Taiwan I'll be taking a short trip to Hong Kong on Saturday (one day only), picking up my iPod and doing some shopping as well, since I am there already. ;D

Don't forget to pick up The Girl Who Leapt Through Time when you haven't already  :laugh:

Offline Achim

• Mega Heavy Poster
    • View Profile
« Reply #27 on: March 26, 2008, 12:39:36 PM »
Don't forget to pick up The Girl Who Leapt Through Time when you haven't already  :laugh:
Already, of sorts. A friend picked it up for me a few weeks back, now we only need to meet again, so that he can actually pass it over to me...

lyonsden5

« Reply #28 on: March 26, 2008, 02:28:47 PM »
... and I'll never stick my iPod where it doesn't belong again...

:o

m.cellophane

« Reply #29 on: March 26, 2008, 03:56:31 PM »
... and I'll never stick my iPod where it doesn't belong again...

:o
It's sort of a good general rule for many things; isn't it?  :-X