Author Topic: Addicted2dvd's Random TV Series Watched  (Read 250939 times)

Offline addicted2dvd

• Forum Inventory
    • View Profile
Re: What I Been Watching...
« Reply #300 on: December 26, 2008, 02:29:39 PM »

Facts of Life: Seasons 1 & 2 (Disc 1)
A spin-off of the tremendously popular "Diff'rent Strokes," THE FACTS OF LIFE is the hilarious series that follows housemother Mrs. Edna Garrett (Charlotte Rae) and her mission to instill values in the girls of Eastland School. The large first season cast included John Lawlor, Jenny O'Hara, Lisa Whelchel, Felice Schachter, Julie Piekarski, Kim Fields, Molly Ringwald, Julie Anne Haddock and Mindy Cohn. By the second season, the show focused on Mrs. Garrett and just four Eastland girls - spoiled Blair, gossipy Tootie, wise-cracking Natalie, and newcomer to the group, rebellious Jo (Nancy McKeon). Under Mrs. Garrett's guidance, these four go from wide-eyed school girls to mature young women ... all while learning THE FACTS OF LIFE! Guest stars include the cast of "Diff'rent Strokes," Helen Hunt and Richard Dean Anderson of TV's "MacGyver."

My Thoughts:
This is one of the shows I used to love to watch back in the '80s.  I really don't know what it was about this series that I enjoyed so much... just know that I did enjoy it. I really remembered very little about the first season. Not even 100% sure I ever seen the first season before as I don't remember the other girls that were there. I did think it was pretty cool to see a very young Molly Ringwald in season 1 as one of the original girls. So it was interesting... to say the least... to see these early episodes on the first disc. And I am looking forward to continuing the set.
Pete

Offline addicted2dvd

• Forum Inventory
    • View Profile
« Reply #301 on: December 29, 2008, 02:02:58 AM »

Sabrina the Teenage Witch: Season 4 (Disc 1)
The magic and laughs continue as Sabrina, the Teenage Witch returns with all 22 Season 4 episodes, on DVD for the first time ever! This year Sabrina (Melissa Joan Hart) turns eighteen, only to discover she must now mentor another teen witch, Dreama (China Shavers). Also, newly promoted Principal Kraft (Martin Mull) is still dating Aunt Zelda (Beth Broderick), much to the chagrin of Aunt Hilda (Caroline Rhea), who this season buys a magic clock shop.

But with her boyfriend Harvey (Nate Richert), her talking cat Salem (voiced by Nick Bakay), and her new boss Josh (David Lascher) in her corner, this popular teen always saves the day! Highlights include Sabrina and Harvey's prom, plus a season-end twist you won't believe. The magic never ends on Sabrina, the Teenage Witch!

My Thoughts:
This is the last season I saw as it aired. After that the show moved to another channel that we didn't have. I went into this set barely remembering any of the episode. At this point the series does seem to start to go downhill a bit... but so far is still enjoyable. The first thing I noticed is that they re-did the opening sequence this season... unfortunately I personally prefer the old opening sequence. Next thing I noticed is that they dropped 2 characters... Libby and Valerie. A character I liked (Valerie) and one I didn't (Libby). And they brought in 3 new characters... Dreama (ok I guess)... Brad (Don't like him) and Josh (ok I guess). The first disc has the yearly Halloween episode.. it was a fun episode... thought the zombies that came to the coffeehouse where Sabrina is working looked pretty pitiful. But this is a sitcom... and it was done more for laughs then scares... so I guess they worked. Over-all I am glad I got this set... looking forward to watching the rest of the set... and can't wait for season 5 to be released.
Pete

Offline addicted2dvd

• Forum Inventory
    • View Profile
« Reply #302 on: December 29, 2008, 09:53:57 PM »

Facts of Life: Seasons 1 & 2 (Disc 2)
A spin-off of the tremendously popular "Diff'rent Strokes," THE FACTS OF LIFE is the hilarious series that follows housemother Mrs. Edna Garrett (Charlotte Rae) and her mission to instill values in the girls of Eastland School. The large first season cast included John Lawlor, Jenny O'Hara, Lisa Whelchel, Felice Schachter, Julie Piekarski, Kim Fields, Molly Ringwald, Julie Anne Haddock and Mindy Cohn. By the second season, the show focused on Mrs. Garrett and just four Eastland girls - spoiled Blair, gossipy Tootie, wise-cracking Natalie, and newcomer to the group, rebellious Jo (Nancy McKeon). Under Mrs. Garrett's guidance, these four go from wide-eyed school girls to mature young women ... all while learning THE FACTS OF LIFE! Guest stars include the cast of "Diff'rent Strokes," Helen Hunt and Richard Dean Anderson of TV's "MacGyver."

My Thoughts:
Another disc done. This second disc completes the first season. Which also means it is time to say goodbye to Nancy (Felice Schachter), Sue Ann (Julie Piekarski), Molly (Molly Ringwald) and Cindy (Julie Anne Haddock)... and time to say hello to Jo (Nancy McKeon). I am really looking forward to starting the second season... as this is how I remember the show. Not that the first season was bad... it was just different.
Pete

Offline addicted2dvd

• Forum Inventory
    • View Profile
« Reply #303 on: December 30, 2008, 03:22:12 PM »

Sabrina the Teenage Witch: Season 4 (Disc 2)
The magic and laughs continue as Sabrina, the Teenage Witch returns with all 22 Season 4 episodes, on DVD for the first time ever! This year Sabrina (Melissa Joan Hart) turns eighteen, only to discover she must now mentor another teen witch, Dreama (China Shavers). Also, newly promoted Principal Kraft (Martin Mull) is still dating Aunt Zelda (Beth Broderick), much to the chagrin of Aunt Hilda (Caroline Rhea), who this season buys a magic clock shop.

But with her boyfriend Harvey (Nate Richert), her talking cat Salem (voiced by Nick Bakay), and her new boss Josh (David Lascher) in her corner, this popular teen always saves the day! Highlights include Sabrina and Harvey's prom, plus a season-end twist you won't believe. The magic never ends on Sabrina, the Teenage Witch!

My Thoughts:
This disc included the yearly Christmas episode. It was a good episode... but not quite as good as the previous seasons. But it seems like Sabrina's Christmas episodes are always pretty much hit or miss. I think they do a much better job on their Halloween episodes. This disc also has what is probably the most rediculous episode I ever seen as well. That being the last episode on the disc... where Harvey is turned into a superhero. I can't believe how fast I am going through this set this time... I only have one more disc to this set I can watch... then I am waiting for the next season to be released.
Pete

Offline addicted2dvd

• Forum Inventory
    • View Profile
« Reply #304 on: December 30, 2008, 11:14:32 PM »

Friday the 13th: The Series: The 1st Season - Tales of the Undead (Ep. 10)
It's vengence superhero-style when an embittered comic book writer gets hold of a cursed comic that turns him into Ferrus the Invincible.

My Thoughts:
I felt like watching just a single episode from this series... so this was the next one in the set. It was a right good episode. I definitely enjoyed it. The comic book writer was played by Ray Walston (My Favorite Martian). If there was anything I didn't care for in this episode it had to be how they did the transformation to Ferrus the Invincible. When the change was being done it showed it as drawings in a comic book. And even that wasn't that bad of a thing. It definitely fit with the storyline.
Pete

Najemikon

« Reply #305 on: December 30, 2008, 11:56:01 PM »
It was a right good episode.

Does tha reckon ya from Yorkshire, lad? Canna be. Should ave said "it were a rate good episode, that"... :tease:

Offline addicted2dvd

• Forum Inventory
    • View Profile
« Reply #306 on: December 30, 2008, 11:58:39 PM »
LOL... what can I say... it actually comes from the way these here rednecks talk around here... tends to rub off on ya!  :P
Pete

Offline addicted2dvd

• Forum Inventory
    • View Profile
« Reply #307 on: December 31, 2008, 02:08:04 PM »

Facts of Life: Seasons 1 & 2 (Disc 3)

My Thoughts:
I just couldn't wait to start the 3rd disc (the Second Season) since starting here... this is the way I remember this show. I really enjoyed the early episodes with Jo... where you weren't sure she would be able to fit in... and last. Through-out this disc (if you didn't already know better) you would wonder if she was here to stay or not. I am glad they do keep her... she quickly became one of my favorite characters.
Pete

Offline addicted2dvd

• Forum Inventory
    • View Profile
« Reply #308 on: January 04, 2009, 08:57:40 PM »

Sabrina the Teenage Witch: Season 4 (Disc 3)

My Thoughts:
I just couldn't help myself... I went ahead and finished off this set. Another good season... though the quality has gone down a little. I must have missed some from this season. I don't remember Harvey finding out Sabrina is a witch. And I never watched much of anything from this point on since this is where the show moved to another channel... one we didn't get. So I am really looking forward to getting season 5 next month.
Pete

Offline addicted2dvd

• Forum Inventory
    • View Profile
« Reply #309 on: January 06, 2009, 07:28:40 PM »

Angel: Season 1 (Eps. 1-2)
Angel (David Boreanaz), the dashing demon from "Buffy the Vampire Slayer," embarks on his own supernatural adventures in Los Angeles. City of Angels. City of Broken Dreams. Between pervasive evil and countless temptations lurking beneath the city's glittery facade, L.A. is the ideal address for a fallen vampire looking to save a few lost souls and, in turn, perhaps redeem his own.

My Thoughts:
I was suddenly in the mood big time to watch some Angel. I was even considering doing all 5 seasons in a marathon. But as sudden as the mood hit to watch it... it left me as well after only 2 episodes. I still very much enjoy the show... but suddenly didn't feel like watching the rest of the disc let alone the entire series.
Pete

Offline addicted2dvd

• Forum Inventory
    • View Profile
« Reply #310 on: January 07, 2009, 08:49:43 PM »

Friday the 13th: The Series: The 1st Season (Ep. 11-12)
Make a Date With Death....
as Friday the 13th - The Series makes its chilling debut on DVD with all 26 wickedly good first-season episodes on 6 discs! When two distant cousins inherit the strange "Curious Goods" antique shop, they soon discover that their deceased uncle paid the ultimate price for the hexed items in the store: his soul was claimed by Satan. Now, it' up to them and an eccentric antiques dealer to find each diabolical item sold from the store before it manifests it's evil powers. Open the door to true terror with the series that's crawling with psychological suspense and spine-tingling mysteries you won't want to miss!

My Thoughts:
I decided to watch a couple more episodes of this series again. I noticed more and more lately that I haven't even been watching a disc at a time... more like an episode or 2 at a time before moving on to something else. Both episodes watched were pretty good this time around.

First I watched Scarecrow where the cousins goes after a cursed scarecrow that brings the user good crops... but only if perform human sacrifices by pinning a picture of the victim to the scarecrow... which then the scarecrow comes to life and hunts that person.

Next I watched an episode called Faith Healer where a fraudulent faith healer comes across a cursed glove that makes him a true healer... the glove sucks the illness from someone.... but then the healer must place that illness (which is multiplied in intensity) into someone else... or die from the disease himself.

As I said... over-all both good episodes... though I did like the faith healer episode better of the two.
Pete

Offline addicted2dvd

• Forum Inventory
    • View Profile
« Reply #311 on: January 08, 2009, 03:35:46 PM »

Batman: The Animated Series: Vol. 1 (Disc 1)
This fantastic 4-disc set packs 28 awesome adventures of the World's Greatest Detective taking down an array of criminal masterminds plus Exclusive Extras also worthy of investigation. Experience the thrills of vigilante justice as millionaire playboy Bruce Wayne and alter-ego Batman protect the streets of Gotham City from a host of villains including archnemesis The Joker, deadly-beautiful Poison Ivy and primitive Killer Croc in a fresh take on super hero storytelling. Intelligent, dramatic stories, unique characters and sharp dialog shaped this edgy TV series into an Emmy®-winning powerhouse that brought the Caped Crusader out of the dark alleys of TV history and into the present for fans of all ages.

My Thoughts:
I actually forgot how much I enjoyed this cartoon. It was very well done. Everything from the Atmosphere to the artwork is very impressive. So much so that I couldn't stop from watching the entire first disc of the set. And I have only been watching an episode or 2 at a time lately. I am really looking forward to checking out the rest of the set.
Pete

Offline addicted2dvd

• Forum Inventory
    • View Profile
« Reply #312 on: January 08, 2009, 11:18:48 PM »

Heroes: Season 1 (Disc 1)
Discover the phenomenon that is sweeping audiences everywhere as 'Heroes: Season 1' comes to DVD! Experience the suspense, mystery, and electrifying twists as this astonishing series follows seemingly unconnected, ordinary people around the globe who discover they have extraordinary powers. As they come to terms with their unique abilities, their risky decisions will affect the futures of everyone around them ... and the world. Join their epic journey in this seven-disc set packed with hours of fascinating and revealing bonus features, including the never-before-aired series premier from show creator Tim Kring.

My Thoughts:
The first disc in the set only has the first 2 episodes... but I really enjoyed every minute of watching them. It reminded me just how good this series is. It really is a different kind of superhero show. I like all the different characters and different powers on this show. And yes... my favorite has to be Claire.... the Cheerleader. Very cool.
Pete

Najemikon

« Reply #313 on: January 09, 2009, 12:52:31 AM »
It reminded me just how good this series is. It really is a different kind of superhero show. I like all the different characters and different powers on this show. And yes... my favorite has to be Claire.... the Cheerleader.

I bet she is, you filthy bugger.  :tease:

Anyway, I actually replied to agree with you that Heroes Season 1 was a great series. Really good. Heroes Season 2? Not so good and lost interest. Heroes Season 3? Unwatchable. Dreadful. :yucky:

Offline addicted2dvd

• Forum Inventory
    • View Profile
« Reply #314 on: January 09, 2009, 12:56:14 AM »
LOL... Jon you make me feel like an old perv or something.   :P

Anyway... I do agree each season has went downhill... but as of this point I am still sticking with it.
Pete