Author Topic: Addicted2dvd's Random TV Series Watched  (Read 249436 times)

Halo2

Re: What I Been Watching...
« Reply #285 on: November 06, 2008, 01:22:02 AM »
I really enjoyed watching both seasons of Grey's Anatomy back to back... it put me in the mood to do another TV Show Marathon Review... only problem... I have no idea what so ever what TV Show I am in the mood to watch!  :P

Sounds like there's going to be a poll....  :laugh:

Offline addicted2dvd

• Forum Inventory
    • View Profile
« Reply #286 on: November 06, 2008, 12:14:00 PM »
Nah... think I made up my own mind this time.  :P
Pete

lyonsden5

« Reply #287 on: November 06, 2008, 08:33:22 PM »
I was also a little worried that at first I hated the character of Barney (Neil Patrick Harris) but after a handful of episode I not only got used to him... I even started to like him as he really does bring a little something to that group of friends.

Are you kidding me? Barney is Legend (wait for it...) dary!   :laugh:

( not funny if you don't know the show  :-[ )

Offline addicted2dvd

• Forum Inventory
    • View Profile
« Reply #288 on: November 06, 2008, 08:37:25 PM »
 :laugh: Like I said though... he did grow on me.  :P
Pete

Offline addicted2dvd

• Forum Inventory
    • View Profile
« Reply #289 on: November 19, 2008, 01:28:58 AM »

How I Met Your Mother: Season 1 (Disc 2)
A love story in reverse: 'How I Met Your Mother' is a fresh new comedy about Ted (Josh Radnor) and how he fell in love. When Ted's best friends Marshall (Jason Segel) and Lilly (Alyson Hannigan) decide to tie the knot, it sparks the search for his own Miss Right. Helping him in his quest is his bar-hopping "wing-man" Barney (Neil Patrick Harris), a confirmed bachelor with plenty of wild schemes for picking up women. Ted's sights are set on the charming and independent Robin (Cobie Smulders), but destiny may have something different in mind. Told through a series of flashbacks, Ted recalls his single days, the highs and lows of dating and the search for true love.

My Thoughts:
The more I watch of this show the more I am getting into it. I have now finished disc 2... and I am hooked! Even Barney... who I did not like at first... is pretty quickly becoming one of my favorite characters (#1 favorite is still Lily). I really enjoyed the episode where we learn about Barney's long haired peace corp loving hippie past. I found that to be HILARIOUS! I am now sad that I only have the one disc left to watch... I must get season 2 before too long!
Pete

Offline addicted2dvd

• Forum Inventory
    • View Profile
« Reply #290 on: November 21, 2008, 02:56:37 PM »

How I Met Your Mother: Season 1 (Disc 3)
A love story in reverse: 'How I Met Your Mother' is a fresh new comedy about Ted (Josh Radnor) and how he fell in love. When Ted's best friends Marshall (Jason Segel) and Lilly (Alyson Hannigan) decide to tie the knot, it sparks the search for his own Miss Right. Helping him in his quest is his bar-hopping "wing-man" Barney (Neil Patrick Harris), a confirmed bachelor with plenty of wild schemes for picking up women. Ted's sights are set on the charming and independent Robin (Cobie Smulders), but destiny may have something different in mind. Told through a series of flashbacks, Ted recalls his single days, the highs and lows of dating and the search for true love.

My Thoughts:
OK... I wanted to watch something else before finishing off this set. But I just couldn't help myself! I have seriously gotten into this series... and I can not wait to get the next season.
Pete

Offline addicted2dvd

• Forum Inventory
    • View Profile
« Reply #291 on: November 23, 2008, 11:26:02 PM »

Friday the 13th: The Series: The 1st Season (Eps. 7-9)
Make a Date With Death....
as Friday the 13th - The Series makes its chilling debut on DVD with all 26 wickedly good first-season episodes on 6 discs! When two distant cousins inherit the strange "Curious Goods" antique shop, they soon discover that their deceased uncle paid the ultimate price for the hexed items in the store: his soul was claimed by Satan. Now, it' up to them and an eccentric antiques dealer to find each diabolical item sold from the store before it manifests it's evil powers. Open the door to true terror with the series that's crawling with psychological suspense and spine-tingling mysteries you won't want to miss!

My Thoughts:
This completes the second disc of the set. I am really enjoying every minute of this series. I didn't realize how few of the episodes I have seen in the past. So far out of the 9 episodes I watched... there has only been a couple that looked familiar to me. Of course that heightened my enjoyment of this set. I can hardly wait to finish this set... and start on the 2nd season. (which I pre-ordered yesterday!)
Pete

Offline addicted2dvd

• Forum Inventory
    • View Profile
« Reply #292 on: November 24, 2008, 04:10:33 PM »

Lois and Clark: The New Adventures of Superman: Season 1 (Disc 1)
Share the soaring adventure and romantic fun in this Deluxe 6-Disc DVD Set of 21 first-season episodes, including a Feature-Length Pilot and High-Flying Extras. As DAILY PLANET reporters CLARK KENT and LOIS LANE, Dean Cain and Teri Hatcher clash, cooperate and flirt while chasing the hottest stories in METROPOLIS. The hottest scoop of all is Lois's secret heartthrob, the superhero she doesn't know is Clark's alter ego.

My Thoughts:
I had the urge to watch the Pilot Episode of this series... which is a double length episode. After watching that... and noticing that there was only 1 more episode on the disc I figured why not?... and went ahead and finished off the first disc. It was fun seeing how this series started again... and I may do a 4 season marathon of this series at some point... but for now this was enough for me this time around.
Pete

Offline addicted2dvd

• Forum Inventory
    • View Profile
« Reply #293 on: November 27, 2008, 01:22:29 AM »

Painkiller Jane (Discs 1 & 2)
Kristanna Loken of Terminator 3: Rise Of The Machines and Bloodrayne stars as Jane Vasco, a tough-yet-sexy DEA agent recruited by a covert government unit to hunt superhuman neurological aberrations - known as 'Neuros' - who can do dangerous things with their minds. But when Jane discovers that she herself can rapidly heal from any injury, she begins to investigate her own disturbing background. In this sole season of the Sci Fi Channel series, Jane and her team battle assassins, arsonists, time loops, prison breaks, mythical beasts, undead armies, killer hallucinations and more, all in a bullet-riddled world of the very near future where nothing may be what it seems...and pain is always a bitch.

My Thoughts:
Several months ago when I first got this set I watched the first disc of the set. Looking back at what I thought of it at the time (earlier in this thread).... Even though I enjoyed it... the show didn't really impress me all that much. Well When I decided to start watching it again my memory of the first disc was very foggy... so I decided to watch the first disc again before going on to disc 2. I am so glad I decided to do that. This time around I found myself enjoying it much more then I did the first time around. Even from the pilot episode. It seemed to really improve for me on my second viewing. Then when I got to the second disc the show seemed to get even better to me. The last episode on the second disc is my favorite episode so far! In this episode Jane wakes up in the hospital the next morning after getting drunk with a couple good friends from work... she awakens bound to the bed... and is told that she killed one of her good friends the night before while drunk. It was an excellent episode.... even though I pretty much knew what was up from the beginning... it was still a lot of fun to see it played out. I know one thing for sure... it will not go months before I watch disc 3!
Pete

Offline addicted2dvd

• Forum Inventory
    • View Profile
« Reply #294 on: December 16, 2008, 03:34:30 AM »

Batman: The Movie (1966)
When Batman (Adam West) and Robin (Burt Ward) get a tip that Commodore Schmidlapp (Reginald Denny) is in danger aboard his yacht they launch a rescue mission. But the tip is a set-up by four of the most powerful villains ever who seek to defeat the Dynamic Duo once and for all!

Armed with a dehydrator that can turn humans into dust the fearsome foursome intends to take over the world! Can the Caped Crusaders use their high-flying heroism and groovy gadgetry to declaw Catwoman (Lee Meriwether) ice the Penguin (Burgess Meredith) upstage the Joker (Cesar Romero) and stump the Riddler (Frank Gorshin) in time?

My Thoughts:
I just got this as an early Christmas gift and decided to watch it tonight. I was even more (pleasantly) surprised when my daughter said she wanted to watch it with me. She was curios about the Batman I grew up on.  I have not seen this show since I was a little kid. So I went into this movie with pretty much low expectations... I figured it would not hold up to the test of time at all. And yes... this is a corny, cheesy show... but I actually still enjoyed it! What a surprise that was to me. I figured this addition would be for nostalgic reasons only... but I found something I definitely see myself watching again. Sure there was huge plot holes... sure it was as silly as could be... but it also has a charm about it... and I felt like I was back in my childhood again when I watched it. I am actually wanting to watch it again soon so I can listen to the audio commentary with Adam West and Burt Ward. I have to think that will be one entertaining commentary. And what did my daughter think of it?... she enjoyed every second of it! She actually wanted to watch it with the commentary tonight... but I told her we should put that off for a while. So I am really happy I got this movie added to my collection. I would even consider buying the TV Series... if they could ever figure out who owns the rights to it!
Pete

Offline Jimmy

• Mega Heavy Poster
  • Yes this is me...
    • View Profile
« Reply #295 on: December 16, 2008, 04:56:05 AM »
The commentary is fun to listen too, so don't wait for listening it. Adam West make a very little sexual allusion, but nothing that could be shocking for a teenager (just to warn you).

Offline addicted2dvd

• Forum Inventory
    • View Profile
« Reply #296 on: December 16, 2008, 12:01:53 PM »
Oh we won't hold off too long. I am sure we will watch it once she is out of school for Christmas vacation (starts this coming Monday).
Pete

Offline addicted2dvd

• Forum Inventory
    • View Profile
« Reply #297 on: December 22, 2008, 02:00:57 AM »

Adventures of Aquaman The Complete Collection (Disc 2)
When fiendish foes and marine menaces threaten the peaceful undersea world of the lost city of Atlantis, Aquaman, King of the Seven Seas, dives to the rescue! Aided by teen hero Aqualad and their aquatic frieds Tusky the walrus and sea horses Storm and Imp, these brave water warriors battle astonishing creatures like Volcanic Monster, Ice Dragon and Devil Fish. Using his superior strength, cunning wit and telepathic communications abilities, Aquaman faces evil villains like Black Manta and Vassa, Queen of the Mermen to fight for justice on the ocean floor. Plunge into this two-disc collector's edition featuring all 36 action-packed cartoons from the fatastic TV series in original airdate order!

My Thoughts:
Watching this show really brings back memories for me. Makes me feel like a kid again getting up early on Saturday Mornings to watch all the cartoons and kid shows. It was extra fun to watch tonight since Brittany decided to watch them with me... and I love showing her the old shows I grew up watching! The whole time watching this series I was thinking the narrator's voice sounded so familiar... then I saw the name in the credits to realize who it was... it was Ted Knight from The Mary Tyler Moore Show and Too Close for Comfort.
Pete

Najemikon

« Reply #298 on: December 22, 2008, 10:10:22 AM »
I've been watching a documentary about the lead actor in the proposed film version. James Cameron is directing apparently.

At least, I think it's a documentary. I was surprised when they included this...
James Cameron

:shrug:

Offline addicted2dvd

• Forum Inventory
    • View Profile
« Reply #299 on: December 25, 2008, 04:38:16 PM »

Sports Night: the Complete Series (Discs 1-3 [season 1])
Sports Night, a three-time Emmy Award-winning series, turned avid audiences on their ears and eyes for two captivating seasons. Electricfying performances from a stellar ensemble cast that included Peter Krause (Six Feet Under), Josh Charles (Dead Poets Society) and Felicity Huffman (Magnolia) propelled this innovative "dramedy" to high critical praise.

Now with this first-time-ever DVD collection, you can experience all the behind-the-scenes bedlam of a nightly cable sports new show that proves the thrill of victory and the agony of defeat aren't always in front of the camera - and aren't always about sports!

My Thoughts:
This is a really great series... I been enjoying revisiting this set a lot. So far I watched the first 3 discs of the set... which is the first season. I normally don't care for anything dealing in sports... but this series really isn't all that much about sports... more a behind the scenes look at putting on a news show. It just happens to be a sports news show.
Pete