Author Topic: Addicted2dvd's Random TV Series Watched  (Read 250890 times)

Najemikon

Re: What I Been Watching...
« Reply #270 on: September 10, 2008, 09:34:06 AM »
I can't see your picture, so there are no good Witch  :laugh:

But those one look like good one to me  :drooling:

They make it difficult to keep your wand hidden...  :devil:

lyonsden5

« Reply #271 on: September 10, 2008, 02:45:08 PM »

They make it difficult to keep your wand hidden...  :devil:
:hysterical: :hysterical: :hysterical:

Offline addicted2dvd

• Forum Inventory
    • View Profile
« Reply #272 on: September 12, 2008, 12:34:27 PM »
I was too tired to get back into my Superman marathon last night so finished off the sitcom I been watching the past week...

Sabrina The Teenage Witch: Season 3 (Disc 2-4)
Doesn't every girl secretly wish she had magical powers? 'Sabrina, the Teenage Witch'® stars 'Melissa Joan Hart' as the adorable teen who this season finally gets her witch's license. But there's a catch! Before she can use it she must uncover a family secret, with help from her wacky Aunt Hilda ('Caroline Rhea'), wise Aunt Zelda ('Beth Broderick'), and her talking cat Salem (voiced by 'Nick Bakay'). And while they may advise her to keep her magic hidden, at school Sabrina still helps cute steady Harvey ('Nate Richert') and best friend Valerie ('Lindsay Sloane'), while protecting herself against rival Libby ('Jenna Leigh Green') and mean Mr. Kraft ('Martin Mull'). Season 3 highlights include an outrageous Halloween episode, and a finale set in Hawaii, where the family secret is revealed! Included on 4 discs are all 25 episodes of the third season of 'Sabrina, the Teenage Witch®!

My Thoughts:
Once I started this set the other day I just couldn't stop watching. I don't know what it is about this series that I enjoy so much... but I do know I am planning on getting season 4 before too long. And hope they continue to release this series.  Especially the college years which are the episode I have never seen before. Other then a couple episodes I caught on reruns.
Pete

richierich

« Reply #273 on: September 12, 2008, 03:25:59 PM »
RICHIES EX-WIFE UNHURT IN AIRCRAFT CRASH

The Associated Press reports that Rich's ex-wife, narrowly escaped injury when the aircraft that she was piloting was forced to make an emergency landing in southern UK because of bad weather.

National Transportation Safety Board officials have issued a preliminary determination that pilot error contributed to the accident, and that the Bitch was flying the aircraft alone in IFR (instrument flight rating) conditions while only having obtained a VFR (visual flight rating) rating.

The absence of a post-crash fire was likely due to insufficient fuel on board. No one on the ground was injured.

The photograph below, taken at the scene, shows the extent of damage to her aircraft. She was very lucky!

>

>

>

>

>

>

>

>

>

>

>

>

>

Offline Jimmy

• Mega Heavy Poster
  • Yes this is me...
    • View Profile
« Reply #274 on: September 12, 2008, 04:35:38 PM »
 :hysterical:

Najemikon

« Reply #275 on: September 12, 2008, 10:58:26 PM »
Brilliant! I need to steal that for a friend of mine... :devil:

Offline addicted2dvd

• Forum Inventory
    • View Profile
« Reply #276 on: September 21, 2008, 02:53:29 PM »

Friends: The Complete First Season
You can never have enough Friends. With this Deluxe 4-Disc Set of the Complete Season One, you have more: each episode contains Never-Before-Seen Moments every fan of Friends will savor. And for all loyal patrons of Central Perk, we've brewed up a fresh pot brimming with Bonus Features. Revisit that first year in which Rachel, Monica, Phoebe, Joey, Chandler and Ross first charmed audiences worldwide. You'll be in fabulous company.

My Thoughts:
I felt the need to watch a sitcom... and not knowing what I was in the mood for I ended up settling on the first season of Friends. It has been a while since I have watched an episode. I actually forgot how much I enjoyed this show. I ended up not being able to stop at just one disc. I ended up watching the entire first season straight through.
Pete

Offline addicted2dvd

• Forum Inventory
    • View Profile
« Reply #277 on: September 23, 2008, 11:17:53 AM »

Friends: The Complete Second Season
Through thick and thin, Friends has become one of the most enduring viewing habits in television history. This Delux 4-Disc Set Of The Complete Second Season delivers a richer roast of Friends pleasure, as each episode includes Never-Before-Seen Moments to make each serving more delicious. More BONUS FEATURES have been percolated to make this the best Friends home video experience yet.

My Thoughts:
Well... the first season just wasn't enough to satisfy me. So shortly after watching the last disc of season 1 I went on to season 2. This season has a lot of good episodes... as well as a lot of good guest stars. I had a great time watching the second season again.
Pete

Offline addicted2dvd

• Forum Inventory
    • View Profile
« Reply #278 on: September 26, 2008, 11:42:09 AM »

Friends: The Complete 3rd Season
This Deluxe 4-Disc Set of THE COMPLETE SEASON THREE offers even more Friends, since each episode incorporates NEVER-BEFORE-SEEN MOMENTS that make each visit with them even more special. Irresistable BONUS FEATURES add to the friendliness of it all. Pull up a couch and enjoy.

My Thoughts:
I really got into an unexpected Friends kick here. That is 3 seasons I have recently watched non-stop now. This third season... while still very enjoyable... I found this season to be a bit of a step down. I just didn't get the same enjoyment out of it as I did the first two seasons. Felt like a slight step down to me. Still very worth watching though.
Pete

Offline addicted2dvd

• Forum Inventory
    • View Profile
« Reply #279 on: September 27, 2008, 02:07:51 PM »

Friends: The Complete Fourth Season
In this Deluxe 4-Disc Set Of The Complete Season Four, you'll discover more reasons to rejoice: each episode contains Never-Before-Seen Moments not originally broadcast. The set is also loaded with Exclusive Special Features. Watch and rediscover why 'Friends' are TV's unbeatable buddy system.

My Thoughts:
This 4th season I enjoyed more then the last season. A lot of good episodes this season. This is the season that Phoebe is pregnant... and Ross gets together with Emily, the girl from London... and of course the start of something special for Chandler and Monica while in London for Ross' wedding. As I said above I unexpectedly got on a Friends kick... but I think I have now had enough for a while and is time to go to something else.
Pete

Offline addicted2dvd

• Forum Inventory
    • View Profile
« Reply #280 on: November 01, 2008, 08:17:56 PM »
Well.. been over a month since I been able to post to this thread!

The Incredible Hulk: Season 2 (Episodes 9-10)
Hit the road again with mild-mannered scientist David Banner (Primetime Emmy® Award nominee Bill Bixby) as all 22 Season Two episodes of 'The Incredible Hulk' smash onto DVD for the first time! After accidental exposure to gamma radiation causes him to transform into the uncontrollable and enraged Hulk (Lou Ferrigno), Dr. Banner travels from town to town seeking a cure. Along the way, he finds action-packed adventures that require his heroic ablilities and his alter ego's immense strength and power. Joining his quest are guest stars Pat Morita, Gerald McRaney, and Mariette Hartley in the role that won her a Primetime Emmy® Award for Outstanding Lead Actress in a Drama Series. Featured in this must-own-5-disc set are incredible bonus materials, including an all-new on-camera interview with producer Kenneth Johnson and more.

9. STOP THE PRESSES
The ABCs of tabloid reporting spell trouble when a newspaper story on the Hulk includes a photograph that could expose David.

10. ESCAPE FROM LOS SANTOS
A recently widowed woman and David find themselves on the wrong side of jail bars when they are framed for the murder of her crime-fighting husband.

My Thoughts:
I am not what you would probably call a huge fan of The Incredible Hulk... but I am definitely a fan.... I do enjoy watching the episodes now and again. As you can tell by how long it is taking me to watch this set. After all I bought this set back in September of 2007... and I am just now getting to the 3rd disc of the set... over a year later. I just like to take my time and watch when the urge hits me when it comes to this show.

I watched the episode Stop the Presses not all that long ago (Compared to most episodes I haven't seen in 10 to 15 years)... as it was the bonus episode on the first season boxset. I thought it was a pretty good episode. David Banner needs to get a photo that was took of him while working in a restaurant back before it is ran in the newspaper. This episode has Pat Morita (Happy Days, Karate Kid) in it as an Italian Chef.... so that was kinda fun to watch as well.

Escape from Los Santos is one I don't remember ever seeing before. Of course as long as it has been since I seen many of these episodes... it could be just that I forgot them. It is a decent enough episode... but is not one that I will end up calling a favorite. Just a basic episode.
« Last Edit: November 01, 2008, 08:23:03 PM by addicted2dvd »
Pete

Offline addicted2dvd

• Forum Inventory
    • View Profile
« Reply #281 on: November 02, 2008, 04:48:32 PM »

Grey's Anatomy: Season 1
'Grey's Anatomy' is "a winner," raves the 'New York Daily News'. Both a critical hit and fan favorite, season one burst onto the television landscape with gripping plot lines, a sensational soundtrack and hot stars, including Ellen Pompeo, Patrick Dempsey, and Sandra Oh. Now you can experience all the drama, romance and excitement of 'Grey's Anatomy' from the very beginning.

Meet Meredith Grey, a brilliant first-year surgical intern at Seattle Grace Hospital. Together with her fellow residents in training, Meredith navigates her way through the daily traumas and social landmines of life inside the hospital and out in the real world. 'Grey's Anatomy' is a smart and witty look at young people struggling to be doctors and doctors struggling to stay human.

My Thoughts:
I suddenly got in the mood to watch an episode or two of the first season of this show... what I didn't realize is I would end up watching all of the first season again. Granted it is only 9 episodes during the first season... but I forgot just how much I enjoyed this series. I was once again completely hooked on the episodes. Usually when I watch a show I end up liking a couple to a few of the characters... in this case I found I really like all the characters. Which of course is a big plus for any series. Now that I watched the first season for a second time, I may as well go ahead and get a second look at season 2 as well. I just haven't had enough yet!
Pete

Offline addicted2dvd

• Forum Inventory
    • View Profile
« Reply #282 on: November 05, 2008, 06:22:06 PM »

Grey's Anatomy: Season 2
Experience the complete second season of TV's most compelling show in an 'expansive 27-episode' DVD set. Witness every minute of the thrilling drama that has become a television event for fans and critics alike. "Week after week, the entire show is mcdreamy," raves 'USA Today'.

Life gets even more intense for the doctors and interns of Seattle Grace Hospital in year two as Meredith and Derek's relationship goes from odd to downright insane with the arrival of Derek's wife, and Alex lets his Izzie obsession out of the bag. You "can't stop watching," says 'TV Guide'.

Experience 'Grey's Anatomy: Season 2 -- Uncut' with over five hours of never-before-seen bonus features, including 'four extended episodes' with scenes too steamy for TV, behind-the-scenes interviews and so much more.

My Thoughts:
After re-watching the first season... I just couldn't stop till I re-watched the entire second season as well. Unfortunately I don't own any of the other releases for this show. So my little marathon must end now. But I really enjoyed this season again. I will have to do something soon about getting season 3. Especially on how season 2 ended!
Pete

Offline addicted2dvd

• Forum Inventory
    • View Profile
« Reply #283 on: November 05, 2008, 11:34:10 PM »

How I Met Your Mother: Season 1 (Disc 1)
A love story in reverse: 'How I Met Your Mother' is a fresh new comedy about Ted (Josh Radnor) and how he fell in love. When Ted's best friends Marshall (Jason Segel) and Lilly (Alyson Hannigan) decide to tie the knot, it sparks the search for his own Miss Right. Helping him in his quest is his bar-hopping "wing-man" Barney (Neil Patrick Harris), a confirmed bachelor with plenty of wild schemes for picking up women. Ted's sights are set on the charming and independent Robin (Cobie Smulders), but destiny may have something different in mind. Told through a series of flashbacks, Ted recalls his single days, the highs and lows of dating and the search for true love.

My Thoughts:
When I bought this the other day at Walmart I never seen a single episode. But I did have several people telling me to check it out. Being a fan of Alyson Hannigan (Lily) and Neil Patrick Harris (Barney) from their previous shows it wasn't to big of a leap to give this one a try. And I am glad I did give it a try... because I am really enjoying this show. It did take me a few episodes to get used to it though.... it started off a little on the slow side but once I got past a certain point I was really enjoying it. I was also a little worried that at first I hated the character of Barney (Neil Patrick Harris) but after a handful of episode I not only got used to him... I even started to like him as he really does bring a little something to that group of friends. I will definitely be getting the other boxsets before too long.
Pete

Offline addicted2dvd

• Forum Inventory
    • View Profile
« Reply #284 on: November 06, 2008, 12:37:07 AM »
I really enjoyed watching both seasons of Grey's Anatomy back to back... it put me in the mood to do another TV Show Marathon Review... only problem... I have no idea what so ever what TV Show I am in the mood to watch!  :P
Pete