Author Topic: Addicted2dvd's Random TV Series Watched  (Read 250875 times)

Offline addicted2dvd

• Forum Inventory
    • View Profile
Re: Addicted2dvd's Random TV Series Watched
« Reply #1065 on: January 22, 2013, 12:21:18 AM »
     Dead Like Me: The Complete First Season

You're about to be collected. "Winningly eccentric" (LA Daily News) and "insistently irreverent" (People), this groundbreaking, original series delivers you into a realm of shockingly funny characters and twisted narratives you'll find completely "addictive" (NY Daily News)!

When an errant toilet seat from the falling Mir Space Station puts an abrupt end to her life, George (Ellen Muth) discovers that death is nothing like she thought it would be. Recruited to collect the souls of others as they die, she suddenly finds herself an unwilling participant in a line of work she never knew existed: Grim Reaping!

Episodes:
01. Pilot
02. Dead Girl Walking
03. Curious George
04. Reapercussions
05. Reaping Havoc
06. My Room
07. Reaper Madness
08. A Cook
09. Sunday Mornings
10. Business Unfinished
11. The Bicycle Thief
12. Nighthawks
13. Vacation
14. Rest In Peace

Stars:
Ellen Muth as George Lass
Laura Harris as Daisy Adair
Callum Blue as Mason
Jasmine Guy as Roxy Harvey
Cynthia Stevenson as Joy Lass

My Thoughts:
I just finished watching the entire first season of this show with Brittany. I have seen this show a few times before... though not in several years. But it is the first time Britt has seen it. We both enjoyed it quite a bit. It is a lot of fun. A lot of entertaining dark humor. We have fun guessing on how some of the deaths would occur.  As I type this we have already started the second season. Brittany really likes the gravelings.... she said they are like cute little puppy-dogs of death. If by chance this is a show you never seen before both Britt and I would recommend this one.

My Rating:
Out of a Possible 5
Pete

Offline addicted2dvd

• Forum Inventory
    • View Profile
« Reply #1066 on: February 06, 2013, 06:21:31 PM »
     The Six Million Dollar Man: Season One: Disc 1
Trailer/Intro |Wikipedia |IMDb |
The Moon and the Desert
When astronaut Steve Austin tests a new government plane, he is nearly killed after it malfunctions and crashes. To save him he is rebuilt using bionic parts. Having a hard time making the psychological adjustment and feeling depressed, Steve is given a government assignment in the Middle East.

Wine, Women and War
Steve is assigned to stop weapons dealer Findletter, who claims to have a Polaris nuclear missile for sale. Along the way, he must deal with Soviet agents Alexi and Katrina and stop Findletter's hijacking of a newly launched submarine.

Stars:
Lee Majors as Steve Austin
Richard Anderson as Oscar Goldman
Martin E. Brooks as Rudy Wells
Barbara Anderson
Martin Balsam

My Thoughts:
This is the first disc of the Region 2 UK set. A friend of mine that works in a video store gave this set to me when one of the employees accidentally bought it from a customer... as they can't sell anything other then Region 1 titles in the store. Oh well, that employee's mistake turned out to be my gain!

This is the first time I seen any episodes of  The Six Million Dollar Man since I was a kid. I have seen the character of Steve Austin in several episodes of The Bionic Woman since getting those DVDs not that long ago...but none of his own show. So it was a lot of fun watching this disc. Matter of fact... I am not sure I ever seen either of these... as they are the TV Movies they had before the series. They really didn't look familiar. But after all these years that don't mean anything. After watching this disc... reminding me of a great time in I had in my childhood... I really can't wait to finish this set. I am just sorry that the first season was a short one with only 3 TV Movies and 13 Episodes.

My Rating:
Out of a Possible 5
Pete

Offline Jimmy

• Mega Heavy Poster
  • Yes this is me...
    • View Profile
« Reply #1067 on: February 06, 2013, 07:00:29 PM »
Finally you are region free... took you a while :whistle:

Offline addicted2dvd

• Forum Inventory
    • View Profile
« Reply #1068 on: February 06, 2013, 07:19:31 PM »
 :laugh: Yes it did... but I have been region free for a little while now. Maybe 6 months or so.
Pete

Offline addicted2dvd

• Forum Inventory
    • View Profile
« Reply #1069 on: February 13, 2013, 08:43:02 PM »
     Biography: Sylvester Stallone: The Rocky Road to the Top

He's given the world Rocky Balboa and John J. Rambo. No one dares question his stature as one of cinema's greatest action heroes. Documenting an early childhood spent in foster homes and his unstoppable rise to Hollywood's A-list, this is the story of a man, a father and an icon.

Like the heroes he's portrayed, Sylvester Enzio Stallone has never let life's challenges knock him down. Using clips, rare outtakes, and in-depth interviews with friends, family members and some of Hollywood's biggest celebrities, BIOGRAPHY® presents an up-close look at this remarkable star. Born in Hell's Kitchen in New York City, Stallone struggled to find stardom Off-Broadway. He eventually wrote and starred in one of the biggest movie hits of all time — Rocky®. Sylvester Stallon's success as a writer, actor and director are also balanced by the sensitivities of his private life, where his artistic skills as a painter reflect the loving values he cultivates as a devoted family man.

Narrated by Peter Graves BIOGRAPHY®: SYLVESTER STALLONE is the defining portrait of one of our most enduring and popular actors, avaliable for the first time on DVD.

Stars:
Peter Graves as Narrator
Jackie Stallone as Mother
Renee Link as Jackie's Sister
James Colen as Childhood Friend
Tony Robbins as Friend
Charlie Flynn as Childhood Friend

My Thoughts:
After watching all the Rocky films, there was no way my brother and I couldn't watch this DVD with an episode of Biography that came with the Rocky Anthology box set. I always liked these documentaries... but this is one that I never seen before. I enjoyed it quite a bit. I learned quite a bit I never knew before... and I was reminded of things I completely forgot about. This is a fun watch... worth checking out.

My Rating:
Out of a Possible 5
Pete

Offline Tom

• Mega Heavy Poster
    • View Profile
    • Cinematic Collection Viewer
« Reply #1070 on: February 13, 2013, 08:51:39 PM »
If you are interested about how the Rocky locations look today, I can recommend the documentary Rocky Jumped a Park Bench by James Rolfe (Cinemassacre, Angry Video Game Nerd).

Offline addicted2dvd

• Forum Inventory
    • View Profile
« Reply #1071 on: February 13, 2013, 08:54:12 PM »
Thanks Tom :)
Pete

Offline addicted2dvd

• Forum Inventory
    • View Profile
« Reply #1072 on: February 19, 2013, 12:49:48 PM »
I know that I haven't posted about watching anything in the last few days... but that is because I spent the last 3 days watching all the DVDs I have of The Big Bang Theory. That is right... I just watched 5 seasons over the three day weekend! What can I say... this show remains one of my favorite sitcoms... and I had a lot of fun revisiting the series.  :thumbup:
Pete

Offline Dragonfire

• Mega Heavy Poster
    • View Profile
    • Dragonfire88 Pbwiki
« Reply #1073 on: February 20, 2013, 03:18:36 AM »
:)
It's a good show

Offline Jimmy

• Mega Heavy Poster
  • Yes this is me...
    • View Profile
« Reply #1074 on: February 20, 2013, 04:42:44 AM »
I have seen a couple of episodes last summer with my two nieces in their french dubbed version and the experience sure put me in the mood of never watch this again...

Halo2

« Reply #1075 on: February 20, 2013, 08:13:09 AM »
It is not a series you can just drop into.

My wife watches it and loves it, says Sheldon remindes her of me.

I have watched several episodes with her and just don't seem to get it.

Offline Achim

• Mega Heavy Poster
    • View Profile
« Reply #1076 on: February 21, 2013, 05:01:33 AM »
My wife watches it and loves it, says Sheldon remindes her of me.
:o

I have watched several episodes with her and just don't seem to get it.
Considering your previous comment, maybe it's too close to the bone :hysterical:

Offline addicted2dvd

• Forum Inventory
    • View Profile
« Reply #1077 on: March 09, 2013, 07:02:43 PM »
Watched On: 3/5/2013

I Dream of Jeannie: The Complete First Season: Disc 3

17. Richest Astronaut in the World
When Roger discovers Jeannie's powers he outsmarts her and becomes her new master. His greed worries Tony, who must find a way to get her back.

18. Is There an Extra Genie in the House?
Jeannie refuses to allow Roger one last wish after he exhusts her, which leads to trouble when he keeps Dr. Bellows' niece out too late.

19. Never Try to Outsmart a Jeannie
When Tony is set for a cruise to Italy, Jeannie begs to travel with him – out of her bottle. Tony agrees, but only if she can obtain a passport without the use of magic.

20. My Master, the Doctor
Tony finds himself facing charges of medical impersonation after Jeannie makes his dream of becoming a doctor a reality.

21. Jeannie and the Kidnap Caper
Tony feels he's depending on Jeannie and her powers too much and makes herswear an oath to no longer help him. Unfortunately for Tony, he's kidnapped moments later by spies.

22. How Lucky Can You Get?
Celetbrating their recent promotions to the rank of Major, Tony and Roger go on a vacation in Reno, Nevada. Roger sneaks Jeannie along, hoping she will be his good luck charm.

23. Watch the Birdie
When Jeannie gives Tony a professional golf swing, General Peterson is so impressed he makes Tony his partner against a rival general.

24. Permanent House Guest
Dr. Bellows is determined to prove something strange is going on at Tony's house. To help him do so he makes himself Tony's new roommate.

Stars:
Barbara Eden as Jeannie
Larry Hagman as Capt. Anthony Nelson
Hayden Rorke as Dr. Bellows
Bill Daily as Capt. Roger Healey
Barton MacLane [Barton Mac Lane] as General Peterson

My Thoughts:
Decided I wanted to watch some episodes of this classic sitcom. My daughter, Brittany got me the complete series set for Christmas this past year. I just wish the complete series set came with the original Black and White version of season one instead of the colorized version. While not ideal it was still fun watching these episodes after so many years.

Some Fun Facts
- In episode 17 Emmaline Henry appears playing a traveling magician. Starting in season 2 she returns to the series in many episodes as Dr. Bellow's wife.
- Herbert Anderson (Dennis the Menace) guest stars in episode 23.

My Rating:
Out of a Possible 5
Pete

Offline addicted2dvd

• Forum Inventory
    • View Profile
« Reply #1078 on: March 16, 2013, 03:45:04 PM »
Watched On: 3/16/2013

Clarissa Explains It All: Season 1: Disc 1

CLARISSA'S REVENGE
Ferguson brings Clarissa's training bra to school. Now Clarissa plots the ultimate revenge: get rid of him using a straitjacket, a bundle of helium balloons and Sam's help.

SCHOOL PICTURE
Clarissa loathes picture day at school since her mother makes her wear something "dweebie." This year she's determined to express her individuality.

NO T.V.
Janet makes a "no TV for a week" rule. So the rest of the family stoops to desperate measures to get a glimpse of their favorite shows.

URGE TO DRIVE
To earn enough money to buy a used car, Clarissa takes to selling Christmas cards ... in July!

CLARISSA NEWS NETWORK
Clarissa wants to be the next Jane Pauley and now she's got her biggest news scoop: her mother is having a life crisis!

HAUNTED HOUSE
Annoying Aunt Mafalda is visiting. Clarissa pretends the house is haunted, hoping her aunt will leave early. But Clarissa had no idea Aunt Mafalda was a fan of the supernatural.

THE BULLY
Something's wrong with Ferguson. He's being nice. And this has Clarissa very concerned!

Stars:
Melissa Joan Hart as Clarissa Marie Darling
Jason Zimbler as Ferguson Darling
Elizabeth Hess as Janet Darling
Joe O'Connor as Marshall Darling
Sean O'Neal as Sam Anders

My Thoughts:
It didn't take too long for curiousity to get the better of me... I decided to pop this disc in shortly after bringing it home. While I was curious about it... my hopes wasn't too high as I knew that this was a Nickelodeon series. So is a series geared towards kids. In this case kids in the pre to early teens. Over-all I would say it is a decent, cute series. But nothing I found myself really getting into. Though I did enjoy some of the episodes. And it was fun seeing Melissa Joan Hart in an early role... one even earlier then [j]Sabrina: The Teenage Witch[/].... which came 5 years later. She is the main reason I grabbed these discs when I saw the library was giving them away. While none of the episodes are what I would call must see... I will say that my favorite episode on this disc has to be Haunted House. But I would think anyone that knows me wouldn't be surprised by that. Will I add more of this series to my collection? (Is there even more available?)... I don't know. If I got a good deal I would probably add more... but it isn't something I would actively go looking for.

My Rating:
Out of a Possible 5
Pete

Offline addicted2dvd

• Forum Inventory
    • View Profile
« Reply #1079 on: March 16, 2013, 04:02:00 PM »
Watched On: 3/13/2013

Ghost Whisperer: The Complete First Season: Disc 1

PILOT
Melinda is haunted by the spirit of a restless soldier who died 30 years ago in Vietnam. She helps the veteran and his living son find closure.

THE CROSSING
A boy, killed in a train accident, gets Melinda to find and convince the boy's mother that it was not her fault.

GHOST, INTERRUPTED
Following her twin sister's death, a young girl's strange behavior gets her placed in a psychiatric facility. Melinda discovers the girl's dead twin is haunting her and must help the sisters reconcile.

MENDED HEARTS
A dead triathlete enlists Melinda to save the life of his suicidal fiancée, by helping her find closure and new love with the man who received his donated heart.

Stars:
Jennifer Love Hewitt as Melinda Gordon
Aisha Tyler as Andrea Moreno
David Conrad as Jim Clancy
Wentworth Miller as Sgt. Paul Adams
Jon Polito as Joe Grimaldi

My Thoughts:
I decided to start watching some of this series as well. I have been a big fan of Jennifer Love Hewitt every since I first saw this series. Now I can't get enough of her. I really enjoyed all the episodes on this disc. But if I was made to pick one... I would have to say the pilot is my favorite episode here. The first season was much more drama related then the upcoming seasons are. As the episodes go on there is a little less emphasis on the drama and a little more emphasis put into the horror elements. I am a huge horror fan so this was never a problem for me. But I still love the more dramatic episodes just as much as the more horror related episodes.

My Rating:
Out of a Possible 5
Pete