Author Topic: Addicted2dvd's Random TV Series Watched  (Read 253501 times)

Offline addicted2dvd

• Forum Inventory
    • View Profile
Re: Addicted2dvd's Random TV Series Watched
« Reply #1080 on: March 16, 2013, 04:05:43 PM »
Watched On: 3/15/2013

Ghost Whisperer: The Complete First Season: Disc 2

LOST BOYS
While cleaning the basement of an old inn, Melinda finds the lost spirits of three boys that died in an orphanage fire 50 years ago. She must help the boys pass on before the inn is destroyed and they become eternally earth-bound spirits.

HOMECOMING
Melinda assists an upset teenage ghost and learns something that will affect the lives of everyone the boy left behind.

HOPE AND MERCY
A woman who died during pregnancy can't cross over until her husband stops blaming himself. Plus, Andrea meets a con artist who discovers a surprise about her past.

ON THE WINGS OF A DOVE
Five years after his father's death, Jim begins acting strangely. Melinda notices and believes the problem is caused by his tortured spirit. Painful memories are brought back when she is surprised by a visit from a friend (Estella Warren).

Stars:
5. Lost BoysJennifer Love Hewitt as Melinda Gordon
Aisha Tyler as Andrea Moreno
David Conrad as Jim Clancy
Bruce Weitz as Tobias Northrop
James Patrick Stuart as Lew Peterson

My Thoughts:
Another disc wathed. Still loving the series... of course that is no big surprise as I have seen this entire series 2 or 3 times since getting the DVDs. It is easy to pick my favorite episode on this disc. It would have to be Lost Boys. It is actually one of my favorite episodes of the entire series.

My Rating:
Out of a Possible 5
Pete

Offline addicted2dvd

• Forum Inventory
    • View Profile
« Reply #1081 on: April 09, 2013, 10:27:00 PM »
     Joan of Arcadia: The First Season: Disc One

1. Pilot — Original Airdate: 9/26/2003
Joan Girardi (Amber Tamblyn) is sent on a mission to get a job - by a cute boy who claims to be God. Meanwhile, Joan's dad Will Girardi (Joe Mantegna), the new chief of police, struggles to solve the case of a serial killer.

2. The Fire and the Wood — Original Airdate: 10/3/2003
When God asks Joan to stop being an underachiever, she enrolls in advanced-placement chemistry. During an arson investigation, Will ruffles some feathers.

3. Touch Move — Original Airdate: 10/10/2003
God once again makes the first move and encourages Joan to learn how to play chess; a psychic helps Will work on a missing toddler case while Helen (Mary Steenburgen) hopes that a miracle will help Kevin (Jason Ritter) to walk again.

4. The Boat — Original Airdate: 10/17/2003
After Joan energetically tackles her boat-building project, Helen fears that her daughter is becoming eccentric: Will wants Kevin to get rolling - on a wheelchair basketball team.

Stars:
Joe Mantegna as Will Girardi
Mary Steenburgen as Helen Girardi
Amber Tamblyn as Joan Girardi
Jason Ritter as Kevin Girardi
Michael Welch as Luke Girardi

My Thoughts:
Here I am with hundreds... if not thousands of DVDs I never seen once yet and I still find myself going back to shows I have seen and enjoyed before. But what can I say. It is after all the reason to even have a collection. So you can watch what you want to watch... when you want to watch it. But to be fair... this is the first time I watched these episodes since I first got the set 8 years ago. So it isn't like I am constantly watching the show. This is one that I loved every moment of when it first aired. It does hold up... but it does seem to loose just a little bit with multiple viewings. Either way I enjoyed watching these episodes again. My favorite episode on this disc has to be the pilot. It does a great job of introducing all the characters. If you never seen this series it is well worth checking out. The series lasted for two full seasons... but beware. They didn't know it was going to be canceled so the last episode of season 2 ends in a cliffhanger... a great cliffhanger at that... and then we got no more.

My Rating:
Out of a Possible 5
Pete

Offline addicted2dvd

• Forum Inventory
    • View Profile
« Reply #1082 on: April 14, 2013, 06:05:23 PM »
I just finished off the first season of Joan of Arcadia. I really enjoyed revisiting the series. And now I can't wait to re-watch season 2.
Pete

Offline addicted2dvd

• Forum Inventory
    • View Profile
« Reply #1083 on: April 26, 2013, 05:11:01 PM »

Thriller: The Purple Room
My brother and I just finished watching the episode The Purple Room of the TV Series Thriller. This was a Halloween episode that originally aired on 10/25/60. In this one Rip Torn plays a character that had to spend the night with his two cousins in an old haunted house in order to get his inheritance. One of his cousins is played by Richard Anderson... someone you may know as Oscar Goldman from the series The Six Million Dollar Man and The Bionic Woman. This is my favorite episode of the series I have seen so far. Not only a great storyline... but you gotta love the house they used in this episode...

...look familiar?
Pete

Offline Dragonfire

• Mega Heavy Poster
    • View Profile
    • Dragonfire88 Pbwiki
« Reply #1084 on: April 28, 2013, 05:40:38 AM »
Oooo...The Psycho house.

I've never heard of that tv show.

Offline addicted2dvd

• Forum Inventory
    • View Profile
« Reply #1085 on: April 28, 2013, 11:45:27 AM »
I only watched the first two discs so far... but enjoying it quit a bit. It is another series just like Twilight Zone....

Thriller: The Complete Series
| Year: 1960 | 3351 Min.

Now available for the first time ever in any format, experience the complete series hailed as the most frightening ever created for television. Horror legend Boris Karloff (Frankenstein) guides you through 67 unforgettable episodes of suspense, murder and relentless terror, featuring a stellar cast of stars from the golden age of TV. These tales from the minds of such masterful writers as Edgar Allan Poe, Robert Bloch (Psycho) and Cornell Woolrich (Rear Window) include a murderous cursed painting, a supernatural mirror, a demonic tailor's suit and much more! Now remastered and packed with hours of exclusive, fascinating extras, Thriller is the ultimate must-have collection for any horror or classic television fan.
Pete

Offline addicted2dvd

• Forum Inventory
    • View Profile
« Reply #1086 on: May 18, 2013, 02:33:11 PM »
     My Babysitter's a Vampire: The First Season: Disc 1

1. Lawn of the Dead
Benny tries to impress a girl named Della by bringing her dead dog back to life. As usual he does the potion wrong and it brings the dog back to life but is now vicious. It starts making random animals do the same thing. What will happen?

2. Three Cheers for Evil
When Ethan has a nasty vision where Erica has captured the souls of White Chapel High's students, he and Benny disguise themselves as cheerleaders to protect the souls of the student body.

3. Friday Night Frights
Whitechapel High hasn't won a sports trophy in 30 years so the ghost of Coach Ed, White Chapel High's deceased former gym coach, returns to finally win one.

4. Blue Moon
Ethan suspects that the school's hairiest jock, David Stachowski is a werewolf and while trying to prove this fact, he is accidentally hit with a misfired werewolf spell from Benny.

5. Blood Drive
White Chapel High hosts a blood drive and Erica comes in as an intern, planning to take the donated blood for herself. After she finds out that the nurses have a truck full of blood, she recruits Rory to sneak into the truck and steal it.

6. Doug the Vampire Hunter
Ethan, Benny and Rory win a chance to help Doug Falconhawk, a paranormal investigator, with an episode of his TV show. Ethan tries to keep Sarah and Rory away from Doug so he doesn't suspect that they are vampires. However, when Doug's special camera detects Sarah's vampirism, Doug tries to hunt her down.

7. Guys & Dolls
Jane steals Benny's spellbook after her doll, Debby Dazzle, becomes broken. She attempts to fix Debby with a spell, but Debby becomes human instead. Ethan, Benny and Sarah realize she is dangerous when Ethan has a vision, telling him that Debby sucks life energy from humans in order to maintain her human form.

Stars:
Matthew Knight as Ethan Morgan
Vanessa Morgan as Sarah
Atticus Mitchell as Benny Weir
Cameron Kennedy as Rory
Kate Todd as Erica Jones

My Thoughts:
I finished off the first disc of episodes. I found it to be a cute show that can be enjoyed by the entire family. Though I must admit that I liked the TV Movie that came first a little more. I thought through the entire movie and all of these episodes that the one playing Ethan looked familiar. Once I took the time to look I found out why. He plays in all of the Catherine Bell TV Movies... The Good Witch franchise. Where he played her character's step son. It is hard to pick a favorite episode on this disc... but I would say it would be a toss up between Blue Moon and Blood Drive.

My Rating:
Out of a Possible 5
Pete

Offline addicted2dvd

• Forum Inventory
    • View Profile
« Reply #1087 on: June 07, 2013, 03:22:38 PM »
    Castle: The Complete First Season Disc 1

1. Flowers For Your Grave
Popular murder writer Richard Castle is called in to answer questions when the New York Police Department notes that two murders are left in situations that are strikingly similar to those of plots in his books. He volunteers to help on the case, much to the displeasure of the lead detective in charge.

2. Nanny McDead
When a body of a young woman is found inside the dryer at a laundry room, Castle and Beckett uncover that the young woman worked as a nanny in the upscale building. Meanwhile, as Castle works on his "Nikki Heat" novel series he watches Beckett's actions as she works the murder case.

3. Hell Hath No Fury
The body of a New York City Councilman up for reelection is found murdered and rolled up in a rug, sending Beckett and Castle deep in to the world of politics. Meanwhile, Castle's final novel of the Derrick Storm series arrives at bookstores, sending his mother out looking for any sign of failure.

4. Hedge Fund Homeboy
When a teenaged boy whose family has recent fallen on hard times is found dead in a boat in Central Park, Castle and Beckett must piece together the mystery behind the boy's final moments. Meanwhile, Castle mulls over leaving Martha home while he chaperones Alexis' trip to Washington, D.C.

Stars:
Nathan Fillion as Richard Castle
Stana Katic as Detective Kate Beckett
Susan Sullivan as Martha Rodgers
Ruben Santiago-Hudson as Captain Roy Montgomery
Molly Quinn as Alexis Castle

My Thoughts:
I started watching this one last night and finished it off this morning. I must say... I am glad I finally started watching this series. I am enjoying it quite a bit. I can see what I saw others say about Castle's daughter being overly mature. But that didn't bother me much at all. While it may be a little much... I can understand it with a father like that. The character that bothered me more is Castle's mother. There is just something about her that bugs me... big time. But over-all I am liking this series a lot and can't wait to continue on.

My Rating:
Out of a Possible 5
« Last Edit: June 07, 2013, 03:25:34 PM by addicted2dvd »
Pete

Offline Dragonfire

• Mega Heavy Poster
    • View Profile
    • Dragonfire88 Pbwiki
« Reply #1088 on: June 07, 2013, 10:58:06 PM »
I'm glad you are liking it. :)

Offline DSig

• Heavy Poster
    • View Profile
« Reply #1089 on: June 08, 2013, 04:23:08 PM »
You are right about the daughter ... never bothered me and made perfect sense.  Over achiever (never really could understand that expression ... how can you OVER achieve?) parental daughter .. with a father like that ... hmmm i recognize that <G> it is my relationship with my daughter  :yahoo:
Thank you
David

Offline Piffi

• Heavy Poster
    • View Profile
« Reply #1090 on: June 08, 2013, 05:29:48 PM »
I'm glad you liked it aswell :) Now its on to season number 2! ;)
We'll Always Have Paris.

Thomas

Offline addicted2dvd

• Forum Inventory
    • View Profile
« Reply #1091 on: June 08, 2013, 05:46:54 PM »
Would love to!... but it may take me a bit to get the second season. I am on a pretty strict budget right now.
Pete

Offline addicted2dvd

• Forum Inventory
    • View Profile
« Reply #1092 on: June 09, 2013, 12:41:12 AM »
     Grey's Anatomy: Complete Eighth Season
Wikipedia |IMDb |Trailer/Intro |
Enjoy all the romance, laughter and heart-stopping moments of one of television's most celebrated dramas with ABC's Grey's Anatomy: The Complete Eighth Season. No matter how hot it gets – in the operating room or in the bedroom – the doctors of Seattle Grace know they can always lean on one another.

As fifth year residents, it's do or die for the doctors, and things get bumpy when the chief makes a decision that rocks the entire staff. Outside the hospital, Meredith and Derek struggle to keep their relationship afloat while they try to adopt an orphaned baby girl, and Cristina wrestles with a difficult choice that threatens to ruin her marriage.

Relive every unforgettable love and loss of ABC's wildly popular series, containing all 24 episodes of season eight, plus never-before-seen bonus features. No Grey's Anatomy collection is complete without it!

Episodes:
1. Free Falling
2. She's Gone
3. Take The Lead
4. What Is It About Men
5. Loss, Love And Legacy
6. Poker Face
7. Put Me In, Coach
8. Heart-Shaped Box
9. Dark Was The Night
10. Suddenly
11. This Magic Moment
12. Hope For The Hopeless
13. If/Then
14. All You Need Is Love
15. Have You Seen Me Lately?
16. If Only You Were Lonely
17. One Step Too Far
18. The Lion Sleeps Tonight
19. Support System
20. The Girl With No Name
21. Moment Of Truth
22. Let The Bad Times Roll
23. Migration
24. Flight

Stars:
Ellen Pompeo as Dr. Meredith Grey
Sandra Oh as Dr. Cristina Yang
Justin Chambers as Dr. Alex Karev
Chandra Wilson as Dr. Miranda Bailey
James Pickens, Jr. as Dr. Richard Webber
Sara Ramirez as Dr. Callie Torres
Eric Dane as Dr. Mark Sloan
Chyler Leigh as Dr. Lexie Grey
Kevin McKidd as Dr. Owen Hunt
Jessica Capshaw as Dr. Arizona Robbins
Kim Raver as Dr. Teddy Altman
Sarah Drew as Dr. April Kepner
Jesse Williams as Dr. Jackson Avery
Patrick Dempsey as Dr. Derek Shepherd

My Thoughts:
I got this set only 4 days ago... and I already finished the entire thing! What can I say... this is my favorite medical drama! I really adore all the characters... and immensely enjoy all the storylines. It also helps that I haven't seen these episodes since they originally aired back in the  2011-2012 TV season. Some of this season's highlights for me were people falling into a sinkhole... Karev bringing the children for surgeries from Africa.... Shepherd and Grey adopting one of those children... Stampede at a Comic-Con.... A Penis Transplant... A Lion Attack... and an incredible season finale that makes you wish you could continue with the next season right away! If you never got the chance to check out this series... and you enjoy a good medical drama... this one is definitely a must see!

My Rating:
Out of a Possible 5
Pete

Offline addicted2dvd

• Forum Inventory
    • View Profile
« Reply #1093 on: June 12, 2013, 02:41:49 AM »
     The OC: Season One: Disc 1
IMDb |Wikipedia |Trailer/Intro |
1. Pilot
Just a freeway's drive away. And yet worlds apart. Rejected by his parents after a brush with the law, Ryan Atwood moves temporarily into the pool house of his attorney's posh Newport Beach home...and finds both friends and foes among the privileged O.C. youth.

2. The Model Home
When Ryan is faced with being shuffled into the child-services system, Seth comes up with a plan: Ryan can secretly live in an unfinished home owned by Seth's mom. It's a foolproof plan - for a while.

3. The Gamble
Luck is in the house during a Vegas Night fundraiser: Seth becomes Summer's lucky charm and Marissa reconnects with Luke. In the aftermath of events involving Ryan's mom, Kirsten takes a chance and opens her home to the boy.

4. The Debut
Ryan promised to stay out of trouble. But trouble finds him as he, Seth, Marissa and others take part in one of the biggest events on the Newport social calendar: the Debutantes Ball.

Stars:
Peter Gallagher as Sandy Cohen
Kelly Rowan as Kirsten Cohen
Benjamin McKenzie as Ryan Atwood
Mischa Barton as Marissa Cooper
Adam Brody as Seth Cohen

My Thoughts:
Let me start off by saying that this is not the type of show I normally watch. I never been much for the pure drama. But this series is the exception to the rule. The pilot episode pulled me in with a terrific storyline... and that great storytelling continued through-out all 4 episodes on this first disc. I enjoyed it so much so that I really can't wait to pop in the next disc. I was thrilled to see Rachel Bilson in this series... as I became a fan of hers with her new series Hart of Dixie. While I must admit that I really don't care for her character on this series... she really is quite the bitch in this one. But all the same Rachel Bilson does do a great job playing that bitch. After seeing her character develop over these 4 episodes I have a feeling her character will be changing some though. Take it from someone that don't normally like these pure drama series... Give this one a chance... I don't think you will be sorry.

And a special Thank You to my daughter for buying me the Complete Series set for my birthday! Thanks Britt!

My Rating:
Out of a Possible 5
Pete

Offline addicted2dvd

• Forum Inventory
    • View Profile
« Reply #1094 on: June 12, 2013, 03:27:53 PM »
     The OC: Season One: Disc 2
IMDb |Wikipedia |Trailer/Intro |
5. The Outsider
Ryan hangs out with a youth not from the moneyed Newport set, causing Seth to feel blown off. Jimmy's family faces hard choices because of his business crimes.

6. The Girlfriend
Every Newport guy needs a Newport girl. Seth finds a way to impress Summer; Luke and Marissa share a night of passion, and the mid-20s girlfriend of Kirsten's father has a predatory eye on Ryan. Julie drops the D-bomb on Jimmy.

7. The Escape
What happens in Mexico stays in Mexico. But the secrecy surrounding a summer's-end teen trip to Tijuana can't stop Marissa from feeling the way she feels when she sees Luke with Holly.

8. The Rescue
It can't stay in Mexico. Not after heartbroken Marissa took all those pills. And not with Marissa's mom trying to have her institutionalized - something Ryan, Seth, Summer and Marissa don't want to happen.

Stars:
Peter Gallagher as Sandy Cohen
Kelly Rowan as Kirsten Cohen
Benjamin McKenzie as Ryan Atwood
Mischa Barton as Marissa Cooper
Adam Brody as Seth Cohen

My Thoughts:
Four more episodes watched... and I am still as hooked on the storyline as I was with the first disc. Which may not sound all that surprising... but it is for me considering this is not my normal type of genre I prefer. While I enjoyed all the episodes on this disc... I would say my favorite would have to be The Escape where they all go to Tijuana... a very dramatic episode that keeps you on the edge of your seat.

My Rating:
Out of a Possible 5
Pete