Author Topic: Addicted2dvd's Random TV Series Watched  (Read 250572 times)

Offline Jimmy

• Mega Heavy Poster
  • Yes this is me...
    • View Profile
Re: What I Been Watching...
« Reply #30 on: January 26, 2008, 04:06:27 PM »
The books this series is based on are very good too. The only problem is I can't think of the author off the top of my head! :-[
Kathy Reichs

Offline Kathy

• Super Heavy Poster
    • View Profile
« Reply #31 on: January 26, 2008, 04:52:15 PM »
The books this series is based on are very good too. The only problem is I can't think of the author off the top of my head! :-[
Kathy Reichs

:slaphead: of course! Hmmm...I need a BookProfile...do you think if I ask on invelos they will develop one for me?!? :laugh: Thank you Jimmy.

Najemikon

« Reply #32 on: January 26, 2008, 05:58:54 PM »
Kathy, I haven't used it in anger yet, but I really like www.librarything.com. It's got some really cool features I think DVD Profiler could benefit from, not to mention any other DVD profiling software that's in development and looking for ideas...

I especially like how it offers different covers for you locality.

Offline Kathy

• Super Heavy Poster
    • View Profile
« Reply #33 on: January 27, 2008, 04:11:00 AM »
Thank you Jon that looks promising; I'll check it out more tomorrow. I presently categorize my books on 5x8 cards and store the cards in a couple of antique wood boxes!

Halo2

« Reply #34 on: January 27, 2008, 08:08:08 AM »
Thank you Jon that looks promising; I'll check it out more tomorrow. I presently categorize my books on 5x8 cards and store the cards in a couple of antique wood boxes!

An you don't have either of the "Librarian" TV movies in your collection?  ???

Offline addicted2dvd

• Forum Inventory
    • View Profile
« Reply #35 on: January 27, 2008, 02:29:29 PM »

Twilight Zone: The Complete Definitive Collection (Season 2: Disc 5)
For the first time ever, find all 156 complete episodes of Rod Serling's groundbreaking series in one box set, packed with exciting extras. Travel to another dimension of sight and sound again and again through these stunning re-mastered high-definition film transfers using the original camera negatives and magnetic soundtracks.

My Thoughts:
This disc completes the second season. Another disc with plenty of really good episodes. This time 4 out of the 5 episodes on this disc I have never seen. This disc also contains lots of great extras... being the last disc of the season... even more extras then the previous 4 discs. There is a pretty good interview with Rod Serling conducted by Mike Wallace. Also had clips of Rod Serling on Tell it to Groucho and on The Jack Benny Show (which was hilarious). Plus several other extras.

Bones: Season 2 (Discs 5-6)
Television's sexiest investigative duo - forensic anthropologist Dr. Temperance "Bones" Brennan (Emily Deschanel) and FBI Special Agent Seely Booth (David Boreanaz) - is back, combining her uncanny ability to decipher clues found hidden in the remains of victims, his hard-hitting investigative techniques, and state-of-the-art forensic technology to solve some of the most baffling and bizarre crimes ever.

In Season Two, as Brennan gets a new boss and takes on a new partner, tensions mount, passions flare and a shocking conspiracy forces her to confront her troubled past. Packed with intrigue, drama, and just the right touch of dark humor, 'Bones' is the show that has it all!

My Thoughts:
This completes the second season set for me. I loved watching these episodes just as much as I did the first time around. The set had a nice collection of extras... but think my favorite extra would have to be the gag reel... for some reason I love watching the actors goof off or mess up their lines and such.... I just always have gotten a kick out of that. Now if this writer's strike would just end so I can see what will happen in season 3!
Pete

Offline addicted2dvd

• Forum Inventory
    • View Profile
« Reply #36 on: January 28, 2008, 12:20:49 PM »

Knight Rider: Season 3 (Disc 1)
Gear up for the unbelievable adventure as 'Knight Rider: The Complete Third Season' arrives on DVD for the first time. Join mysterious lone crusader Michael Knight (David Hasselhoff) and his tricked-out sidekick K.I.T.T., as they rev into action in all 21 adrenaline-pumping Third Season episodes. From high-tech street racers to K.I.T.T.'s evil twin, K.A.R.R., there's no one these two won't battle in order to bring justice to the treacherous streets. Including an exciting bonus preview episode from 'Knight Rider: The Complete Fourth Season', it's pedal-to-the-metal thrills for fans everywhere!

My Thoughts:
This is a set I got for Christmas... and just now getting around to watching some of. The first disc contains the first 7 episodes of the season. I enjoyed all the episodes... but especially enjoyed the Halloween episode. (Another episode I can add to my next Halloween Marathon!) This season Patricia McPherson (who plays Bonnie) comes back... after leaving the series at the end of season 1.
Pete

Offline addicted2dvd

• Forum Inventory
    • View Profile
« Reply #37 on: January 28, 2008, 10:39:32 PM »

Tales from the Crypt: Season 5 (Discs 2-3)
Tomb it may concern. Yes, you. No one else is reading this, right? Besides, you're the ideal person for this happily haunted collection of scares and silliness -- someone warm and bleeding. Sorry, 'breathing'.

The Cryptkeeper delivers more keepers (and terrorific Spookcial Feartures) with this atmosfearic Season 5. Ready to delight your feverishly warped mind are 'Forever Ambergris', with Steve Buscemi and Roger Daltrey portraying war photographers; 'Two for the Show', with Traci Lords, David Paymer and Vincent Spano embroiled in a tale of wife and death; 'Well Cooked Hams', with Martin Sheen and Billy Zane putting hocus pocus in focus as rival magicians; plus 10 more eerie encounters of fate, fiends and flat-out funniness. Lullaby and good fright, kiddies!

My Thoughts:
Just finished enjoying the last 2 discs of the 5th season. I now have 1 more here to watch... and one more season to buy. Which I think I may do next week. I do think season 5 has went a bit down-hill compared to the previous seasons... but still enjoying every minute of it. As I said in an earlier post... one of the things I love about this show is all the stars that came to do the show. These two discs had the following people that I recognized...
  • Traci Lords
  • Brian Krause
  • Will Wheaton
  • Martin Sheen
  • Billy Zane
  • Anthony Michael Hall
  • Brooke Shields
  • Lou Diamond Phillips
  • Priscilla Presley
  • Cheech Marin
  • John Stamos
Pete

Offline addicted2dvd

• Forum Inventory
    • View Profile
« Reply #38 on: January 29, 2008, 05:37:15 PM »

Gilligan's Island: Season 2 (Disc 2)
Ahoy, again! Beach yourself for Season 2 of the comedy series that's part of everyone's growing up, and you'll notice a big change. Ginger's hair is flame red. The sea is a forever blue. That's right. Season 2 is in 'color'. But one thing doesn't change for Gilligan and his pals: color them stranded.

If Gilligan and friends could vote themselves off the island, they'd do it in a heartbeat. Their loss is our gain. In 32 second-season episodes (plus DVD extras), the three-hour tour (a three-hour tour) remains comically eternai for the skipper, his first mate and five passengers embarked out of Honolulu and marooned on a remote uncharted isle. Their ship was the Minnow but their impact is colossal: 'Gilligan's Island' is one of the most frequently aired programs ever. Welcome ashore, little buddies!

My Thoughts:
This is a set I got long ago... but never watched more then the first disc. Not that this is a bad series... silly yes... but not bad. It is just one of those shows I can only watch when the mood hits. The second disc in this set had several good episodes... I especially enjoyed the episodes where Gilligan finds the seeds that when eaten makes it so you can read minds... and also the episode where the Lion makes it onto the island. I still need to buy season 3 to complete the series.
Pete

Offline Kathy

• Super Heavy Poster
    • View Profile
« Reply #39 on: January 29, 2008, 05:46:03 PM »

An you don't have either of the "Librarian" TV movies in your collection?  ???

:laugh: At first I thought you were joking but then I looked the movies up. I have not heard of them until now; I do like that kind of move so, once again, my wish list continues to grow! I'm afraid I'm going to have to get rid of some of my 2,500+ books soon...I need more room for DVDs!

Offline addicted2dvd

• Forum Inventory
    • View Profile
« Reply #40 on: January 30, 2008, 12:39:07 AM »

Dukes of Hazzard: Season 7 (Disc 5)
Just like peach ice cream at the church picnic, nothing lasts forever. Yup, this here is the Dukes' seventh and final lap, and Bo and Luke go out in hightailin', road-nailin' style! In these 17 good-time episodes, you'll discover how the General Lee joined the Duke family, meet Roscoe's robot replacement, see Boss Hogg turn sweeter 'n pecan pie (thanks to a head-whuppin' accident), ride back in time to 1872 Hazzard, and throw some shoes and rice at Enos and Daisy's wedding. And if'n it's just too darn hard to say goodbye to Luke, Bo, Daisy, Uncle Jesse, Enos, Cooter - and even Boss and Roscoe P. Coltrane - well, why don't y'all just start the fun all over again with Season 1 on DVD?

My Thoughts:
This is another series I grew up watching.... and I still enjoy to this day. Sure... the storylines got pretty silly by the last season. But I still enjoyed it all. The last episode of this disc is about as silly as the show gets when an Alien from Outer Space comes to visit Hazzard and becomes friends with the Dukes family. But even with such silliness I enjoyed watching it. This is a set that a good friend of mine bought me for my Birthday last year... and I still have yet to watch it all. Have 1 more disc to watch and it will be another series I completed.
« Last Edit: January 31, 2008, 10:53:13 PM by addicted2dvd »
Pete

Offline DJ Doena

• Administrator
  • Mega Heavy Poster
  • Battle Troll
    • View Profile
    • My Blog
« Reply #41 on: January 30, 2008, 06:56:42 AM »
Enos and Daisy marry?  :o

It seems that I've never seen the seventh season.  :bag:
Karsten

Abraham Lincoln once said The trouble with quotes from the internet is that you never know if they're genuine.

my Blog | my DVD Profiler Tools

Offline addicted2dvd

• Forum Inventory
    • View Profile
« Reply #42 on: January 30, 2008, 12:57:54 PM »
It has been many years since I seen it myself... so really don't remember the details. (It is the next episode to be watched)... but for some reason I want to say Daisy felt like she had to marry him for some reason... but in the end didn't have to go through with it? Then again with only a couple episodes before the end of the series I could be wrong.
Pete

Offline addicted2dvd

• Forum Inventory
    • View Profile
« Reply #43 on: January 31, 2008, 12:31:33 AM »

Knight Rider: Season 3 (Disc 2)
Gear up for the unbelievable adventure as 'Knight Rider: The Complete Third Season' arrives on DVD for the first time. Join mysterious lone crusader Michael Knight (David Hasselhoff) and his tricked-out sidekick K.I.T.T., as they rev into action in all 21 adrenaline-pumping Third Season episodes. From high-tech street racers to K.I.T.T.'s evil twin, K.A.R.R., there's no one these two won't battle in order to bring justice to the treacherous streets. Including an exciting bonus preview episode from 'Knight Rider: The Complete Fourth Season', it's pedal-to-the-metal thrills for fans everywhere!

My Thoughts:
8 more episodes from the 3rd season. There was a very good episode on this disc where K.I.T.T. was destroyed and had to be completely rebuilt. Which is something that happens again in the begin of season 4... but in season 4 he is completely restyled (into a convertible) and given many new functions. So looking forward to checking out season 4 again as well.
Pete

Offline addicted2dvd

• Forum Inventory
    • View Profile
« Reply #44 on: January 31, 2008, 03:09:00 PM »

Tales from the Crypt: Season 6 (Disc 1)
It's that time of fear again! So if you've been missing the Crypt Keeper, here's a chance to improve your aim. But be warned: It'll be a fright to the finish. The cadaverous cut-up is your host for a 15-episode die-gest based on classic horror comics from back in the day and featuring a parade of characters who are variously merciless, clueless, topless and headless.

Hank Azaria, Shelley Hack, Isaac Hayes, Richard Lewis, John Lithgow, Wayne Newton, Isabella Rossellini, Rita Rudner and Humphrey Bogart (you read that right) are among the stars. And vampires, mad doctors, killers, ghosts and adulterers are eager to come out and play. We could tell you more, but that would be wrong. You do know rot from wrong, don't you?

My Thoughts:
Just watched the first 6 episodes of season 6. The show is still going pretty good... though I do feel it is not quite as good as the early seasons. But still some really good episodes. This particular disc didn't have as many people I recognized as most of the earlier ones I posted about... but there was some good guest stars... Ones I recognized includes...
  • Peter MacNicol
  • Rita Rudner
  • Richard Lewis
  • Isaac Hayes
  • Terry O'Quinn
  • Kimberly Williams
Pete