Author Topic: Addicted2dvd's Random TV Series Watched  (Read 249516 times)

Offline addicted2dvd

• Forum Inventory
    • View Profile
Re: What I Been Watching...
« Reply #15 on: December 30, 2007, 11:33:04 PM »

Reba: Season 2 (Disc 1: Side A)
Reba Hart (Reba McEntire) knew divorce wasn't going to be easy -- she just hadn't anticipated how much her ex-husband's new wife would want to be part of "the family." On top of that, Reba learns that her married daughter isn't going to be moving out of the house with her new husband and baby daughter as planned. Now, with no breadwinner in the house, Reba realizes she'd rather accept a job working for her ex-husband than apply for food stamps. But no matter how hard she tries to make family life run smoothly, Reba soon realizes there's just no darn way to please everyone!

My Thoughts:
I just had to see if there would be much of a change to the feel of the series once the babies were born... after all... the 2 pregnancies was a huge part of the first season... and what the series was about. So I was a little concerned it would put a damper on things once the babies arrived. But there was no need for concern. The show hasn't missed a step going into the slightly different circumstances. So far I watched the first side of the first disc... which is 4 episodes... and it is still just as funny as season 1 was. I do want to slow down on watching these somewhat though (if I can)... that way my collection will last me a little longer... so I will now only watch a side at a time instead of a disc at a time. And I am almost sure I will be ordering seasons 3 & 4 on my next order.
Pete

Offline addicted2dvd

• Forum Inventory
    • View Profile
« Reply #16 on: January 10, 2008, 01:08:47 PM »
I let this thread slip a bit... but I have done quite a bit of watching in the past week or so. Watching stuff like..

- NCIS: Season 4 (Discs 2-6[/b]
This completes the set.
- Reba: Season 2 (Discs 1B-3B
When I decided to order the next 2 seasons I went ahead and watched the rest of season 2. Now that I finished watching it I am really glad I did order season 3 & 4... as season 2 left off with a cliffhanger.
- Veronica Mars: Season 3 (Discs 1-3)
This is another series I was completely hooked on that I feel was canceled too soon. I would have liked to see season 4 with Veronica in the FBI.

And now.. since I got my new shipment of DVDs...

Super Friends: The Legendary Super Powers Show: Complete Series (Episodes 1-6)
When sinister forces like Darkseid, Lex Luthor, Brainiac, and Mr. Mxyzptlk scheme to dominate the galaxy, it's up to the Super Friends to show them the light! Batman, Robin, Wonder Woman, Superman, and new hero Firestorm risk it all to defeat eveil and preserve peace throughout the cosmos. Featuring the voices of Adam West as Batman and Casey Kasem as Robin , this sensational TV series produced by Hanna-Barbara showcases favorite DC Comics heroes in adventures that meld galactic dangers, insidious villains, and larger- than-life predicaments in a must-own two-disc collector's compilation! Fly home this animated powerhouse today!

My Thoughts:
Now this one is a blast from my past. I used to love all the different incarnations of the Super Friends when I was a kid. So far I watched the first 6 episodes (of 16)... and I still enjoying it today. definitely not as much as I did way back when... but as you grow older naturally things change on how you look at stuff. This was the first series that had the super hero Firestorm. He used to be my favorite in this series. I still like him a lot on here... but not like I did. Was there anything he couldn't do? I mean come on... they made him to the point that he could handle any and all circumstances alone. Six episodes in... and I am yet to see a weakness of his. But all is good... still enjoying every episode.

Reba: Season 3 (Disc 1A)
First Reba Hart (Reba McEntire) had to get used to the fact that her husband of twenty years left her to marry his young dental assistant. Now she has to face the fact that her youngest daughter wants to go live with her ex-husband and his new wife! Hurt and angry, Reba struggles to accept her daughter's decision. But when her son also starts spending more time at his father's house, Reba fears she's losing her whole family. Although with her ex-husband's new wife constantly showing up asking for advice, Reba soon realizes that losing family is the last thing she needs to worry about!

My Thoughts:
You know I couldn't wait long to see how that cliffhanger ended up. The first side on disc 1 only had 3 episodes on it. But as with the first 2 seasons... each episode was as funny... or funnier then the last. This is a great sitcom that I am thrilled I finally started to watch. The only extra on disc 1: side 1 is a commentary track on one of the episodes with Reba and the girl that played BJ. I haven't listened to that yet though.

The Crow: Stairway to Heaven: The Complete Series (Disc 1)
Exactly one year after being brutally murdered, rock musician Eric Draven returns to Earth, searching for a way to right what has been wronged and to reunite with his missing soul-mate Shelly Webster. Guided by a mystical Spirit Crow, he is neither living nor dead, possessing strange new powers to aid him in his search for revenge which, ultimately, must become a quest for redemption.

The legend of "The Crow" began as a popular comic series by James O'Barr, and grew into a sensation with the release of the feature films. In the 1998-1999 season, "The Crow: Stairway to Heaven" became a successful television series starring world-wide action star and martial arts expert MARK DACASCOS ('Brotherhood of the Wolf', 'John Woo's Stranglehold', 'Iron Chef America'). The critically acclaimed series was developed for television anmd executive produced by TV feature writer/producer BRYCE ZABEL ('Mortal Kombat Annihilation', 'The Poseidon Adventure', 'Dark Skies'). All 22 hours of the original episodes have been collected into this five-DVD set.

My Thoughts:
This set was a complete blind buy for me. Never even knew they made a TV Series off the movie till I spotted this set on sale. It was pretty cheap so figured why not. The first disc of the set has 5 episodes. Well... I went into this one not expecting too much... but I was pleasantly surprised. I really enjoyed the story. And it has a lot of great action. I love all the martial arts in it. I really can't compare the series to the movie...because to be completely honest... I haven't seen the movie in many years. But watching this series makes me want to watch it again. Now I am really looking forward to watching the rest of the set. I even  have my mother looking forward to this show... as she is a huge martial arts fan herself. And no worry with the supernatural twist for her... she also really enjoyed Buffy the Vampire Slayer.
Pete

Offline addicted2dvd

• Forum Inventory
    • View Profile
« Reply #17 on: January 11, 2008, 03:21:44 PM »

Medium: Season 3 (Disc 1)
In the hit "unreality show" starring Patricia Arquette, Allison Dubois is a woman haunted by dreams who helps District Attorney Manuel Devalos (Miguel Sandoval) and detective Lee Scanlon (David Cubitt) by using her mind to uncover the dark secrets of vicious killers.

But this season, other forces threaten her husband Joe (Jake Weber) and oldest daughters Ariel (Sofia Vassilieva) and Bridgette (Maria Lark). But how can she refuse to listen to the dead when they call out to her in her dreams?

Experience all the drama and psychic energy in this 6-disc set, which includes all 21 episodes of Medium: The Third Season!

My Thoughts:
Revisiting the 3rd season's episodes. The first disc contains the first 3 episodes as the first episode was double-length. This is another series that I have been hooked on every since the pilot episode originally aired.  The other day I watched the first episode of season 4... and that was all it took to get me in the mood to watch some of this set. This series has made me a fan of Patricia Arquette.... but this new shorter hair that she has in the 3rd and 4th season has to go! She looks much better with long hair... in my opinion.
Pete

Offline addicted2dvd

• Forum Inventory
    • View Profile
« Reply #18 on: January 14, 2008, 02:28:28 PM »
Here is what I been watching lately...

Medium: Season 3 (Disc 2)
In the hit "unreality show" starring Patricia Arquette, Allison Dubois is a woman haunted by dreams who helps District Attorney Manuel Devalos (Miguel Sandoval) and detective Lee Scanlon (David Cubitt) by using her mind to uncover the dark secrets of vicious killers.

But this season, other forces threaten her husband Joe (Jake Weber) and oldest daughters Ariel (Sofia Vassilieva) and Bridgette (Maria Lark). But how can she refuse to listen to the dead when they call out to her in her dreams?

Experience all the drama and psychic energy in this 6-disc set, which includes all 21 episodes of Medium: The Third Season!

My Thoughts:
Four more episodes... great disc... I enjoyed all 4 episodes this time. But still trying to get used to Patricia Arquette with short hair!  :P

Reba: Season 3 (Discs 1B-3B)
First Reba Hart (Reba McEntire) had to get used to the fact that her husband of twenty years left her to marry his young dental assistant. Now she has to face the fact that her youngest daughter wants to go live with her ex-husband and his new wife! Hurt and angry, Reba struggles to accept her daughter's decision. But when her son also starts spending more time at his father's house, Reba fears she's losing her whole family. Although with her ex-husband's new wife constantly showing up asking for advice, Reba soon realizes that losing family is the last thing she needs to worry about!

My Thoughts:
I decided I wanted to go through my Reba sets. An absolutely hilarious sitcom that I found I just can not stop watching! I am really hoping the final 2 seasons get released before too long.

Reba: Season 4
It takes a lot of heart to keep a family like this one together. Country music superstar Reba McIntyre is back as Reba Hart, and as always, keeping the peace in her household is one hilarious challenge after another. Amid Brock and Barbara Jean's marital troubles, Cheyenne's personal struggles, Van's career crisis, and Kyra's growing pains, Reba somehow manages to keep the whole family functioning at a level just above dysfunctional. A little love, it turns out, goes a long way. Vibrant, touching, and laugh-out-loud funny, Season Four of Reba has it all!

My Thoughts:
I watched the entire 4th season in only 2 days. This has become a show that once I started to watch... I just can't stop. The season ended on a rather dramatic note for a sitcom. If they see fit to release the final 2 seasons I would be getting it right away. Considering the final season was so short... I would like to see seasons 5 and 6 released together... in a single set would be cool.
Pete

Offline addicted2dvd

• Forum Inventory
    • View Profile
« Reply #19 on: January 14, 2008, 06:43:48 PM »

The Very Best of One Step Beyond (Eps. 1-3)
Produced during the same time-frame as the more recognized 'Twilight Zone', this series capitalized on the country's burgeoning interest in paranormal mysteries in a unique fashion. Instead of developing fictional stories with supernatural plots, this series presented 'real-life' incidents from a dimension beyond our understanding, including spirits, disappearances, fantastic creatures, etc., and re-creating them for each episode. There were no easy answers to these mysteries, and audiences could only wonder in bewilderment 'what if it's real?'

My Thoughts:
This is a show I bought as a complete Blind Buy... never even heard of it till I found this set. It has 50 Episodes (of 99 total episodes) from the series. Since I enjoy "The Twilight Zone" so much... I had to check it out... especially since it was an extremely cheap set... got the set of just over $8.00 so figured I couldn't go wrong. So far I watched the first 3 episodes... and the series seems very good... extremely similar to "The Twilight Zone"... but of course a different host. The quality isn't that great... so far has very good sound... but the video quality leaves some to be desired. But when it comes to a series as old as this... on a set as cheap as this... that is something to be expected. It isn't so bad where it is a pain to watch.... there just seems that there wasn't too much work done to restore this classic series.
Pete

Offline addicted2dvd

• Forum Inventory
    • View Profile
« Reply #20 on: January 14, 2008, 10:13:53 PM »

Super Friends: The Legendary Super Powers Show: The Complete Series (Eps. 7-16)
When sinister forces like Darkseid, Lex Luthor, Brainiac, and Mr. Mxyzptlk scheme to dominate the galaxy, it's up to the Super Friends to show them the light! Batman, Robin, Wonder Woman, Superman, and new hero Firestorm risk it all to defeat eveil and preserve peace throughout the cosmos. Featuring the voices of Adam West as Batman and Casey Kasem as Robin , this sensational TV series produced by Hanna-Barbara showcases favorite DC Comics heroes in adventures that meld galactic dangers, insidious villains, and larger- than-life predicaments in a must-own two-disc collector's compilation! Fly home this animated powerhouse today!

My Thoughts:
Completed this set. was fun watching these again after all these years. I haven't seen any of the episodes since I was a kid. This is another thing I like about TV on DVD... how easily you can go back to your childhood for a couple hours. I have already collected several shows from mine... and hope to get several more.
Pete

Offline addicted2dvd

• Forum Inventory
    • View Profile
« Reply #21 on: January 21, 2008, 02:44:44 PM »
I let this slip again... but now trying to stay on top of it...

Tales from the Crypt: Season 4 (Discs 2-3)
Monsters. Madness. Mayhem. BAD PUNS! What kind of bonehead would do this? Oh, that kind of bonehead: the Crypt Keeper.

Yes, for the beast in humor and horror, this is it: all 14 complete, uncut Season 4 episodes hosted by that netherworld naughty boy, the Crypt Keeper. Offered four your warped amusement are Split Personality, with a lounge lizard getting more than he bargins four when he marries identical twins; Werewolf Concerto, with Timothy Dalton on the hunt four a lupine fiend; Beauty Rest, with Mimi Rogers as an actress who'd kill four a part. Plus Brad Pitt, Treat Williams, Cathy Moriarty and other starry surprises are here four more fright-'n'-fun tales. Did we mention these are all in Season 4? Go four it!

My Thoughts:
I have loved this series since it first appeared on HBO. So far I have 6 of th 7 seasons... but I am now just finishing off season 4. One of my favorite things about this series (other then the obvious horror stories) is all the guest stars they get to appear. These 2 discs definitely had their share of big names. These 2 discs alone (celebrities familiar to me at least) had...
  • Joan Severance
  • Zelda Rubenstein
  • Robert Patrick
  • Brad Pitt
  • Joe Pesci
  • Burt Young
  • Timothy Dalton
  • Beverly D'Angelo
  • Margot Kidder
There was a lot of good episodes on these 2 discs. But I think my favorite of these has to be Werewolf Concerto. Not only does it have a story about a werewolf... but there is a surprise ending to this episode that I liked a lot as well. Unfortunately this season's only extra was a montage of all (well most) of the seasons special guest stars. I really did enjoy watching these episodes though... I think I will go ahead and start watching season 5 while I am at it.
Pete

Offline addicted2dvd

• Forum Inventory
    • View Profile
« Reply #22 on: January 21, 2008, 06:09:39 PM »

Tales from the Crypt: Season 5 (Disc 1)
Tomb it may concern. Yes, you. No one else is reading this, right? Besides, you're the ideal person for this happily haunted collection of scares and silliness -- someone warm and bleeding. Sorry, 'breathing'.

The Cryptkeeper delivers more keepers (and terrorific Spookcial Feartures) with this atmosfearic Season 5. Ready to delight your feverishly warped mind are 'Forever Ambergris', with Steve Buscemi and Roger Daltrey portraying war photographers; 'Two for the Show', with Traci Lords, David Paymer and Vincent Spano embroiled in a tale of wife and death; 'Well Cooked Hams', with Martin Sheen and Billy Zane putting hocus pocus in focus as rival magicians; plus 10 more eerie encounters of fate, fiends and flat-out funniness. Lullaby and good fright, kiddies!

My Thoughts:
As I said... this is a series I have always really enjoyed. I have to admit though... even though I still enjoyed these episodes... I didn't enjoy them quite as much as I have past episodes. I don't remember if this is where the series started to go down hill or not. Actually don't remember the series ever going down hill for me. But they did keep the big names coming... this discs alone (celebrities familiar to me at least) had...
  • Tim Curry
  • Ed Begley, Jr.
  • Yvonne DeCarlo
  • Ernie Hudson
  • Joan Chen
  • Bill Paxton
  • Brad Dourif
Pete

Offline addicted2dvd

• Forum Inventory
    • View Profile
« Reply #23 on: January 22, 2008, 12:08:47 AM »

Twilight Zone: The Complete Definitive Collection (Season 2: Disc 3)
For the first time ever, find all 156 complete episodes of Rod Serling's groundbreaking series in one box set, packed with exciting extras. Travel to another dimension of sight and sound again and again through these stunning re-mastered high-definition film transfers using the original camera negatives and magnetic soundtracks.

My Thoughts:
This disc has a nice collection of episode as well as a decent collection of extras. A couple of the episodes showed some wear and tear on the video... but I tend to be forgiving here with such an old series. I really enjoyed all the episodes... and this disc gave me 4 episodes that I never seen before. Which is always fun! Actually there is a lot of episodes I never seen before... as I just recently got into classic shows... so far since buy this complete series set there has been 28 episodes I never seen before. being only partly through season 2... that is approximately half the episodes I have watched so far.
Pete

Offline Tom

• Mega Heavy Poster
    • View Profile
    • Cinematic Collection Viewer
« Reply #24 on: January 22, 2008, 12:26:19 AM »
Twilight Zone: The Complete Definitive Collection

This one is, but will probably forever be on my wishlist. Unfortunately I do not like to spend over $200 on a blind buy at once  :laugh:
Even the single seasons for about 50 bucks are relatively expensive. And I fear that I will be disappointed with the series. I do not watch a lot classic TV shows.

I liked the 2002 version though. But at the cost of under $20 for the whole season/series I didn't have to think twice about purchasing it  ;)

Offline addicted2dvd

• Forum Inventory
    • View Profile
« Reply #25 on: January 22, 2008, 12:48:58 AM »
I can understand that... I didn't decide to buy the complete series set till after I started to collect the single disc volumes that came out first... when I saw that I was liking literally every episode I watched so far... after 18 volumes I finally decided to take the plunge and order the complete series. It seemed worth it to me... but I was able to find it on sale at like $150 for the complete 5 season series. So far I have loved it... quality has been very good considering the age of the series... and there has been a load of extras. Only half way through season 2... and I can already say I am thrilled with my purchase. :)

BTW... I also have the 2002 version of the series... liked it very much... and there was even a couple of episodes that actually are remakes of the episodes from the original series. :)
Pete

Offline addicted2dvd

• Forum Inventory
    • View Profile
« Reply #26 on: January 22, 2008, 08:46:51 PM »

Twilight Zone: The Complete Definitive Collection (Season 2: Disc 4)
For the first time ever, find all 156 complete episodes of Rod Serling's groundbreaking series in one box set, packed with exciting extras. Travel to another dimension of sight and sound again and again through these stunning re-mastered high-definition film transfers using the original camera negatives and magnetic soundtracks.

My Thoughts:
Several more good episode as well as a decent collection of extras. I really enjoyed all the episodes once again... This time around there was only two episodes I never seen before. So far since buy this complete series set there has been 30 episodes I never seen before. So I am really enjoying watching all these episodes I never seen before.
« Last Edit: January 27, 2008, 02:19:25 PM by addicted2dvd »
Pete

Offline addicted2dvd

• Forum Inventory
    • View Profile
« Reply #27 on: January 23, 2008, 02:27:21 AM »

Bones: Season 2 (Disc 2)
Television's sexiest investigative duo - forensic anthropologist Dr. Temperance "Bones" Brennan (Emily Deschanel) and FBI Special Agent Seely Booth (David Boreanaz) - is back, combining her uncanny ability to decipher clues found hidden in the remains of victims, his hard-hitting investigative techniques, and state-of-the-art forensic technology to solve some of the most baffling and bizarre crimes ever.

In Season Two, as Brennan gets a new boss and takes on a new partner, tensions mount, passions flare and a shocking conspiracy forces her to confront her troubled past. Packed with intrigue, drama, and just the right touch of dark humor, 'Bones' is the show that has it all!

My Thoughts:
4 more episodes of this great series. One of the things I like about this series is the chemistry between the characters. they compliment each other very well. Unfortunately there was no extras on this disc. But there is a decent amount of extras on the set... so I will see some soon enough.
Pete

Offline Kathy

• Super Heavy Poster
    • View Profile
« Reply #28 on: January 23, 2008, 01:49:37 PM »
The books this series is based on are very good too. The only problem is I can't think of the author off the top of my head! :-[

Offline addicted2dvd

• Forum Inventory
    • View Profile
« Reply #29 on: January 26, 2008, 01:51:36 PM »

Bones: Season 2 (Discs 3-4)
Television's sexiest investigative duo - forensic anthropologist Dr. Temperance "Bones" Brennan (Emily Deschanel) and FBI Special Agent Seely Booth (David Boreanaz) - is back, combining her uncanny ability to decipher clues found hidden in the remains of victims, his hard-hitting investigative techniques, and state-of-the-art forensic technology to solve some of the most baffling and bizarre crimes ever.

In Season Two, as Brennan gets a new boss and takes on a new partner, tensions mount, passions flare and a shocking conspiracy forces her to confront her troubled past. Packed with intrigue, drama, and just the right touch of dark humor, 'Bones' is the show that has it all!

My Thoughts:
I just couldn't stop myself... watched 8 more episodes of this outstanding series! all episodes on this disc was really good... but I especially enjoyed the episode where Dr. Brennen and Dr. Hodgins were burried alive in the car. A very good... and suspenseful episode.
Pete