Author Topic: Addicted2dvd's Random TV Series Watched  (Read 250544 times)

Offline Piffi

• Heavy Poster
    • View Profile
Re: Addicted2dvd's Random TV Series Watched
« Reply #1050 on: September 05, 2012, 10:44:28 AM »
Have a good time!

Thank you Pete! :D And i'm having a great time so far!
We'll Always Have Paris.

Thomas

Offline Piffi

• Heavy Poster
    • View Profile
« Reply #1051 on: September 05, 2012, 10:47:12 AM »
Just a quick add about the Bones season 7, before i leave again! I dont know why, but it was talked about that Bones made 17 episodes for the Bones Season 7, but they would just air 13.. But maby they would add the 4 extra episodes as an extra on the dvdset.. I think i heard that at the panelfest they had earlier. But i would take that with a grain of salt. (I dont guarantee for anything! :) )
We'll Always Have Paris.

Thomas

Offline addicted2dvd

• Forum Inventory
    • View Profile
« Reply #1052 on: September 10, 2012, 12:28:33 AM »
     That '80s Show: Complete Series: Disc 1 (2002/United States)
IMDb |Wikipedia |Intro |
The date is 1984. The location is San Diego, just one hour outside of the big dream we call Los Angeles. Corey (Glenn Howerton) and Katie (Tinsley Grimes) live with their dad RT (Geoff Pierson) and Corey's friend Roger (Eddie Shin). Corey is a creative soul who is trying to make it in the music world in a decade that only appreciates financial success. Although his father is a successful professional who is about to strike gold with his Gut Whacker and ride the '80s fitness marketing craze wave, Corey finds it difficult to get in the game. On the other hand, Corey's friend Roger idolizes Ronald Reagan and listens to motivation tapes while trying to find his way into corporate America. The household is rounded out by Corey's younger sister Katie, a chip off the old block whose sweetness and naiveté make her the perfect go between for her father and brother.

1. Pilot
Corey is depressed over his breakup with Sophia, but copes with possible feelings for his co-worker, Tuesday. Meanwhile, Katie must fend off bisexual advances from Sophia and R.T. has an offer for Corey.

2. Valentine's Day
A box of candy is mailed to Permanent Records, but who they were sent for is unclear. Meanwhile, Katie's boyfriend drops by for a surprise visit, but R.T. and Sophia get in the way of his leave time from the Navy.

3. Tuesday Comes Over
Katie invites Tuesday to stay at her place; Sophia convinces R.T. to buy a hottub; and Roger tries to sell his car by the end of the day.

4. Corey's Remix
Corey's autobiographical breakup song falls into Katie's hands. Meanwhile, R.T. gives Roger advice, but Roger ends up getting fired.

5. My Dead Friend
Corey is haunted by the death of a "friend"; Sophia hatches a plan to steal Owen away from Katie; and Margaret gets her hands on a rare Beatles' album.

6. Spring Break '84
Katie's credit card gets cut up and must go to her father for money. Meanwhile, Corey must deal with a former classmate.

7. Katie's Birthday
For Katie's birthday, Owen and R.T. both give her gifts that keep on giving. Meanwhile, Corey and Tuesday give each other gifts of their own.

Stars:
Glenn Howerton as Corey
Tinsley Grimes as Katie
Eddie Chin as Roger
Geoff Pierson as RT
Brittany Daniel as Sophia
Chyler Leigh as Tuesday
Margaret Smith as Margaret

Extras:
  • Scene Access

My Thoughts:
This is a show I took off of an old recording and burned onto DVD. So no... as far as I know it is not available to buy. After having such success with That '70s Show Fox decided to for the same success again. This time with the '80s. Unfortunately it just wasn't as good. So Fox canceled it after only 13 episodes. I personally liked the show. Not quite as much as That '70s Show... but pretty close. I think Fox jumped the gun a little on canceling this one. I would have liked to seen it go a full season. But at the same time I am not surprised it got canceled. One thing I didn't care for is this one is more music heavy then that of it's '70s predecessor. But it does have some characters I like and some decent storylines. There was several laugh out loud moments for me in these 7 episodes as well.

My favorite character on the show has to be Tuesday. She is the punk rocker with long spiked hair played by Chyler Leigh. You may know Chyler Leigh from Grey's Anatomy where she played Lexie Grey since season 3. I really get a kick out of the character's mean... no nonsense ways.

I had more fun re-watching this series then I thought I would. But then again... I am a child of the '80s so I do relate to the series a little more then I do the '70s. Now I am looking forward to checking out the rest of the episodes. 7 episodes down... 6 to go!

My Rating:
Out of a Possible 5
Pete

Offline addicted2dvd

• Forum Inventory
    • View Profile
« Reply #1053 on: September 10, 2012, 02:57:12 AM »
I just watched the rest of That '80s Show... but didn't feel up to writing too much about it. Will just say it was more of the same.  :P
Pete

Offline addicted2dvd

• Forum Inventory
    • View Profile
« Reply #1054 on: September 12, 2012, 09:50:07 PM »
     Grey's Anatomy: The Complete Seventh Season (2010/United States)
Wikipedia |IMDb |
Let the healing begin. Primetime television's most beloved doctors return for an unprecedented season of emotional twists and turns. Relive every mesmerizing moment with ABC's Grey's Anatomy: The Complete Seventh Season.

It's a year of new beginnings for the medical team of Seattle Grace Hospital as they slowly recover from the tragedy that hit too close to home. New relationships emerge and the strongest commitments are tested in this moving 6-disc set. From successes in the operating room to mistakes in the bedroom – and all the thrilling drama in between – the doctors find a way to survive as long as they lean on each other.

Relive every heartbeat and get even more – including the extended version of the moving Musical Event featuring the doctors like you have never seen them before – only on DVD

Episodes:
1. With You I'm Born Again
2. Shock to the System
3. Superfreak
4. Can't Fight Biology
5. Almost Grown
6. These Arms of Mine
7. That's Me Trying
8. Something's Gotta Give
9. Slow Night, So Long
10. Adrift and at Peace
11. Disarm
12. Start Me Up
13. Don't Decieve Me (Please Don't Go)
14. P.Y.T. (Pretty Young Thing)
15. Golden Hour
16. Not Responsible
17. This is How We Do It
18. Song Beneath the Song
19. It's A Long Way Back
20. White Wedding
21. I Will Survive
22. Unaccompanied Minor

Stars:
Ellen Pompeo as Dr. Meredith Grey
Sandra Oh as Dr. Cristina Yang
Justin Chambers as Dr. Alex Karev
Chandra Wilson as Dr. Miranda Bailey
James Pickens, Jr. as Dr. Richard Webber
Sara Ramirez as Dr. Callie Torres
Eric Dane as Dr. Mark Sloan
Chyler Leigh as Dr. Lexie Grey
Kevin McKidd as Dr. Owen Hunt
Jessica Capshaw as Dr. Arizona Robbins
Kim Raver as Dr. Teddy Altman
Sarah Drew as Dr. April Kepner
Jesse Williams as Dr. Jackson Avery
Patrick Dempsey as Dr. Derek Shepherd

Extras:
  • Bonus Trailers
  • Deleted Scenes
  • Featurettes
  • Outtakes/Bloopers
  • Closed Captioned
  • Extended Episode: Song Beneath the Song
  • Seatle Grace: Message of Hope Webisodes

My Thoughts:
I just finished watching this set. Not to bad considering I just got it this past Monday. While I still consider Grey's Anatomy to be one of my all-time favorite medical dramas... I must admit that this isn't their strongest season. While I definitely enjoyed most all the episodes... they weren't quite the caliber of episodes that I am used to from this series. Especially coming after such an excellent season that we got in season six. And why is it that all my favorite shows just must have a musical episode? While the main storyline for this episode was good... it really didn't need the musical aspect that they gave it. And at the very least... for me personally... it took away from the episode. Making me want to fast forward through half the episode. Still a really good season... but I definitely seen better.

My Rating:
Out of a Possible 5
Pete

Offline addicted2dvd

• Forum Inventory
    • View Profile
« Reply #1055 on: September 13, 2012, 02:23:46 AM »
     Bones: The Complete Sixth Season: Disc 1: Cradle to Grave Edition (2010/United States)
IMDb |Wikipedia |
THE MASTODON IN THE ROOM
The team returns to the Jeffersonian to help Cam with a controversial case involving the remains of an unidentified child.

THE COUPLE IN THE CAVE
A gruesome discovery at a national park leads to an investigation. Meanwhile, the unexpected appearance of Booth's girlfriend causes Brennan to re-evaluate her relationship with him.

THE MAGGOTS IN THE MEATHEAD
Booth and Brennan encounter a deadly situation at the Jersey Shore. Meanwhile, Booth and Hannah prepare to take their relationship to the next level.

THE BODY AND THE BOUNTY
The decaying head and hands of a bounty hunter lead the team to an unexpected suspect. Meanwhile, Brennan gets a new "squintern"—Professor Bunsen Jude, The Science Dude!

Stars:
David Boreanaz as FBI Special Agent Seeley Booth
Emily Deschanel as Dr. Temperance "Bones" Brennan
Michaela Conlin as Angela Montenegro
Tamara Taylor as Dr. Camille Saroyan
T. J. Thyne as Dr. Jack Hodgins
John Francis Daley as Dr. Lance Sweets
Patricia Belcher as Caroline Julian

Extras:
  • None

My Thoughts:
I just finished watching the first disc of the sixth season. I enjoyed all the episodes on this disc quite a bit. I do follow this series as it airs so this is the second time for me seeing these episodes. While I enjoyed all these episodes... I would have to say THE BODY AND THE BOUNTY is my favorite episode on this disc... if for no other reason then it was fun to watch "The Science Dude" and seeing Brennan in that ridiculous bones leotard and tutu. There was a couple familiar faces in the episodes on this disc... first there was Dylan Bruno who played Colby on Numb3rs... then there was David Alan Grier as "The Science Dude."

My Rating:
Out of a Possible 5
Pete

Offline addicted2dvd

• Forum Inventory
    • View Profile
« Reply #1056 on: September 16, 2012, 06:56:25 PM »
     That '70s Show: Season Five (2002/United States)
Wikipedia |IMDb |
Flash on back to the swinging '70s where there's a whole lotta love going around in the gang's senior years. Jackie is secretly making out with Hyde even though she still has the hots for Kelso. But Eric and Donna soon have a bigger secret after Eric gives her a diamond ring. Even Fez finally finds love at the DMV. But it's the job fair that has everyone thinking of life after high school. Kelso toys with the idea of becoming a cop, while Donna and Eric plan on moving in together. But it's Fez's future that may be the most uncertain after he learns he's being deported!

Episodes:
1. Going to California
2. I Can't Quit You Baby
3. What is and What Should Never Be
4. Heartbreaker
5. Ramble On
6. Over the Hills and Far Away
7. Hot Dog
8. Thank You
9. Black Dog
10. The Crunge
11. Misty Mountain Hop
12. Your Time is Gonna Come
13. Babe I'm Gonna Leave You
14. When the Levee Breaks
15. Whole Lotta Love
16. The Battle of Evermore
17. Hey Hey What Can I Do
18. Bring it On Home
19. No Quarter
20. Trampled Under Foot
21. You Shook Me
22. Nobody's Fault But Mine
23. Immigrant Song
24. Celebration Day

Stars:
Topher Grace as Eric Forman
Mila Kunis as Jackie Burkhart
Ashton Kutcher as Michael Kelso
Danny Masterson as Steven Hyde
Laura Prepon as Donna Pinciotti
Wilmer Valderrama as Fez
Debra Jo Rupp as Kitty Forman
Kurtwood Smith as Red Forman
Don Stark as Bob Pinciotti

Extras:
  • Feature Trailers
  • Featurettes
  • Closed Captioned
  • Season 5 in 5 minutes

My Thoughts:
Last night I finished the 5th season of That '70s Show. I am now in the episodes I never seen before. So that adds a little something for me.... seeing the episodes for the first time. I am still enjoying the series quite a bit. There was quite a few laugh out loud moments through-out the season.  There is also a nice selection of recognizable guest stars. This season we get to see...

- Jessica Simpson
- Tom Poston
- Betty White
- Jamie Farr
- Bobcat Godthwait
- Seth Green
- Fred Willard

Of all these guest stars... I enjoyed the appearances of Betty White the most. I really got a kick out of her character. I also liked that this set has the episodes preview of all 24 episodes that you can watch before the episodes. The set also has a few featurettes. Not bad for extras but I would have liked to seen a few more things added as well. Maybe a commentary or two... a gag reel... stuff like that. But over-all I am happy with the release.

My Rating:
Out of a Possible 5
Pete

Offline addicted2dvd

• Forum Inventory
    • View Profile
« Reply #1057 on: September 18, 2012, 12:11:06 PM »
     Plastic Man: The Complete Collection: Disc 1 (1979/United States)

1. The Weed
Plastic Man takes on the Weed, a walking sentient plant who plans to steal a top-secret government plant-growing compound that he will use to feed his man-eating plant as part of his world domination.

2. Dr. Irwin and Mr. Meteor
The puny Dr. Irwin Feldspar finds a meteor that transforms him into the powerful Mr. Meteor.

3. Wam Bam Beware of the Clam
A pirate-themed clam called Clam steals a water-controlling machine from the Chinese government so he can flood the streets and rob banks.

4. The Day the Ocean Disappeared
Dr. Honctoff is stealing all of the oceans and seas around the world by using a secret formula to turn them into vapour and then bottling them. Plastic Man is called into stop Honctoff's dastardly deeds.

5. The Horrible Half-Ape
While working on a secret government project, Professor Darwin's experiment goes very wrong. The mistake is costly as it leaves Professor Darwin (quite literally) half ape and half human. As Half-Ape, he plans to steal a visiting flying saucer to start an interplanetary war.

6. Hugefoot
Hugefoot steals a device that can make people see into the future and even makes off with Penny.

7. The Miniscule Seven
A group of small gangsters called the Minuscule Seven plot to win basketball tournaments their way. It's up to Plastic Man to stop them.

8. Moonraiders
Moonraider is stealing NASA's spaceships in outer space.

9. Superstein
Dr. Superstein plots to steal the minds of people to power his monster army.

10. Dogmaster
Dogmaster plans to steal the formula for a power ray that has been hidden in a chimpanzee's brain.

Stars:
John Anthony Bailey
Joe Baker
Mike Bell
Susan Blu
Bart Braverman
Melendy Britt
Johnny Brown

Extras:
  • Featurettes

My Thoughts:
I was feeling a little nostalgic last night... so I popped in the first disc of Plastic Man. It is the latest addition I made to my collection of childhood favorites. Going into it I was a little nervous about how well it would hold up almost 35 years later. While it didn't hold up as well as I would have liked it to... I was still able to enjoy it somewhat for what it is. A superhero show that is nothing more then mindless and silly. Not something I feel comfortable recommending... especially to new viewers over the age of 5 or 6. This is a show I had fond memories of over the years. And while I am not sorry I added it to my collection... I do wish it held up better. This is a set I will watch a few episodes of now and then. Not a set that I will anxious to finish watching.

My Rating:
Out of a Possible 5
Pete

Offline addicted2dvd

• Forum Inventory
    • View Profile
« Reply #1058 on: September 24, 2012, 12:14:52 AM »
     The Facts of Life: The Complete First and Second Seasons (1979/United States)
IMDb |Wikipedia |Intro |
A spin-off of the tremendously popular "Diff'rent Strokes," THE FACTS OF LIFE is the hilarious series that follows housemother Mrs. Edna Garrett (Charlotte Rae) and her mission to instill values in the girls of Eastland School. The large first season cast included John Lawlor, Jenny O'Hara, Lisa Whelchel, Felice Schachter, Julie Piekarski, Kim Fields, Molly Ringwald, Julie Anne Haddock and Mindy Cohn. By the second season, the show focused on Mrs. Garrett and just four Eastland girls - spoiled Blair, gossipy Tootie, wise-cracking Natalie, and newcomer to the group, rebellious Jo (Nancy McKeon). Under Mrs. Garrett's guidance, these four go from wide-eyed school girls to mature young women ... all while learning THE FACTS OF LIFE! Guest stars include the cast of "Diff'rent Strokes," Helen Hunt and Richard Dean Anderson of TV's "MacGyver."

Stars:
Charlotte Rae as Mrs. Edna Garrett
Lisa Whelchel as Blair
Kim Fields as Tootie
Mindy Cohn as Natalie
Nancy McKeon as Jo

Extras:
  • Bonus Trailers
  • Featurettes
  • Closed Captioned

My Thoughts:
I just finished watching the first two seasons of this classic sitcom. One of my favorites. I always liked the entire cast. Many of the episodes of The Facts of Life deals with some pretty big issues... especially for the time ('79-'88). Starting with the very first episode. While they never say the word they are obviously showing that one of the girls under Mrs. Garrett's care is concerned she is a lesbian. Some of the other issues the episodes in this set covers includes cheating, crash diets, sex, adoption, divorce, drugs, the handicap, shoplifting and suicide. These first two seasons are rather short at 13 episodes each. Which I am sure is the reason they put the first 2 seasons together in one set. I really enjoyed revisiting these episodes... and I am now going to start season 3.

My Rating:
Out of a Possible 5
Pete

Offline addicted2dvd

• Forum Inventory
    • View Profile
« Reply #1059 on: November 10, 2012, 02:39:58 PM »
     Buffy the Vampire Slayer: The Complete First Season: Disc One
IMDb |Wikipedia |Trailer/Intro |
WELCOME TO THE HELLMOUTH – Airdate: 3/3/97
Buffy Summers, a high school sophomore, transfers to Sunnydale High. There she meets her new "Watcher" and learns she cannot escape her true destiny.

THE HARVEST – Airdate: 3/10/97
A stranger named Angel tells Buffy that if she does not stop The Harvest, the Hellmouth will open and The Master will roam free.

WITCH - Airdate: 3/17/97
In an effort to inject some normalcy into her life Buffy tries out for the cheerleading squad — only to discover the competition wants her dead.

TEACHER'S PET - Airdate: 3/24/97
Xander falls for a beautiful substitute teacher who is actually a She-Mantis intent on mating with, then decapitating, virginal boys.

Stars:
Sarah Michelle Gellar as Buffy Summers
Nicholas Brendon as Xander Harris
Alyson Hannigan as Willow Rosenberg
Charisma Carpenter as Cordelia Chase
Anthony Stewart Head as Giles

My Thoughts:
After watching the Halloween episodes last month... and yesterday getting the complete series box set.... I have gotten the urge to watch some Buffy the Vampire Slayer. So between last night and early this morning I watched the first disc of the set. It was of no surprise to find that the discs are the same thing we got in the separate season sets... just repackaged into a complete series box. I found I am enjoying revisiting this series... so plan on watching more as I can through-out the next days/weeks. I am not sure if I will re-watch the entire series again... but I will enjoy it till I decide to move on to something else. Depends on how much I get into the series again.

On this first disc we have the first 4 episodes ever made. My favorite on this disc would have to be the two part pilot episodes... Welcome to the Hellmouth and The Harvest. I thought the episodes set up the series great and left me wanting more. My least favorite would have to be Teacher's Pet. Not that it is a bad episode... but one had to be my least favorite of the disc... and compared to the other three... this one was lacking just a little.

My Rating:
Out of a Possible 5
Pete

Offline addicted2dvd

• Forum Inventory
    • View Profile
« Reply #1060 on: November 16, 2012, 09:07:17 PM »
I have been on a real Buffy the Vampire Slayer kick right now... As I type this I am watching the season 4 finale. A very weird episode indeed! And looking forward to starting season 5 next. In the season 5 we premiere we have Buffy and the gang going up against the most famous vampire of all... Dracula. Plus season 5 introduces the character Dawn as well.
Pete

Offline addicted2dvd

• Forum Inventory
    • View Profile
« Reply #1061 on: November 24, 2012, 01:48:53 AM »
     Mike & Molly: The Complete First Season: Disc One
Wikipedia |IMDb |Trailer/Intro |
1. PILOT
Big man, big challenges. Mike doesn't know what's harder, staying on his diet or asking Molly out.

2. FIRST DATE
Molly discovers how not to have a great first date: get zonked on codeine-laced cough syrup and wired on a diet pill.

3. FIRST KISS
Second date, second disaster. Mike can't say goodnight fast enough when Molly outdoes him at bowling...and everything else.

4. MIKE'S NOT READY
Despite Molly's come-hither hints, Mike remains the perfect gentleman. The naked truth: He's afraid of her seeing him nude.

5. CARL IS JEALOUS
With Mike wrapped up in Molly, Carl feels left out. So the lovebirds take him along on a double date... with Victoria.

6. MIKE'S APARTMENT
During a romantic evening at Mike's place, Molly discovers she has a rival for his affections: his mother.

7. AFTER THE LOVIN'
Mike is soooo happy after his amorous weekend with Molly, until Carl, Samuel, Carl's Nana and Mike's mom start Monday-morning quarterbacking.

8. MIKE SNORES
No hairdryer. Lots of snoring. And the toilet seat is always up. Molly thinks Mike's apartment is great – if you're a guy.

Stars:
Billy Gardell as Mike Biggs
Melissa McCarthy as Molly Flynn
Reno Wilson as Carl McMillan
Katy Mixon as Victoria Flynn
Nyambi Nyambi as Samuel

My Thoughts:
I just finished this first disc of the first season. I have been a fan of this series since the pilot originally aired. It is a lot of fun.. has many laugh out loud moments. The show has a good cast... I like both Mike and Molly a lot... but I must admit that Molly's sister Victoria is always good for some laughs. Really most of the characters on this show is good for some laughs. Well I never cared much for Vince (Joyce's boyfriend)... but he hasn't showed up yet. Sure he will at some point on the next disc. anyway... if you never seen this show before... it is one I would recommend checking out.

My Rating:
Out of a Possible 5
Pete

Offline Dragonfire

• Mega Heavy Poster
    • View Profile
    • Dragonfire88 Pbwiki
« Reply #1062 on: November 25, 2012, 02:33:53 AM »
I really like the show too.  Victoria is a hoot...so is there mom a lot of times.

Offline addicted2dvd

• Forum Inventory
    • View Profile
« Reply #1063 on: December 26, 2012, 01:13:33 AM »
     I Dream of Jeannie: The Complete First Season: Disc 1

1. The Lady in the Bottle
When astronaut Tony Nelson's space capsule strays off course, he becomes marooned on a desert island. There he finds an ancient bottle and releases a beautiful genie, who's only desire is to grant his every wish.

2. My Hero?
Tony demands to defend Jeannie's honor after she recalls being insulted by a brute at the market in ancient Persia, unaware that it happened 2000 years ago.

3. Guess What Happened on the Way to the Moon?
Jeannie follows Tony on a mission to the desert and outfits him with food, shelter and transportation. Meanwhile, Roger continues to suffer in the sweltering heat.

4. Jeannie and the Marriage Caper
Tony's fiancee, Melissa, urges him to accept a position overseas and move up their wedding date. But with a jealous genie at home, will Tony and Melissa ever hear wedding bells?

5. G.I. Jeannie
Jeannie joins the Air Force with the hopes of working as her Master's secretary. But with all the rules and regulations, is there room in the military for magic?

6. The Yacht Murder Case
Tony is forced to entertain the daughter of an Aerospace mogul, infuriating Jeannie. When she disappears from a cruise after confronting her Master and being told by him to leave, tony is accused of murdering her.

7. Anybody Here Seen Jeannie?
Jeannie is terrified by Tony's scheduled historic walk in space. Envisioning him floating helplessly in space, she sabotages Doctor Bellows' tests.

8. The Americanization of Jeannie
Tony instructs Jeannie to behave more like an average American woman, but when she takes the advice of a magazine article a bit too seriously, the results proves to be disastrous.

Stars:
Barbara Eden as Jeannie
Larry Hagman as Capt. Anthony Nelson
Karen Sharpe as Melissa
Hayden Rorke as Dr. Bellows
Philip Ober as General Stone

My Thoughts:
I finished off the first disc of the complete series set I got today. This is a series I always enjoyed watching in my childhood... but I haven't watched the series in years. This series aired at the same time as the similar series Bewitched... so obviously most people compare the two series. While I personally liked both series... I personally preferred Bewitched over this. Though this is nothing more then great entertainment that is a lot of fun to watch as well. And I think most guys would agree... Barbara Eden looked wonderful in this series. The one drawback to this complete series set I have is that instead of giving us season 1 of the original B&W they opted to give us the colorized version instead. This surprised me... I would think the majority of people willing to buy the entire series at one time like this would be true fans of the show... and would prefer the original B&W episodes. One of my favorite things about this show is how they play with Dr. Bellows... driving him completely crazy.

Another thing I noticed is that there is 3 different openings of this series. The original opening that was little more then a recap of the first episode.... the first animated opening with Jeannie... and then starting in the second season the second and most well known animated opening with both Jeannie and Major Nelson. surprisingly after 8 episodes into the season we are still seeing the original recap opening. I would have thought by now that i would have gotten to the first animated opening. Another thing I thought I would have seen by now is Tony's friend Roger finding out about Jeannie. I thought that happened very early into the first season... I know it is the first season... but guess it was closer to the middle or end of the season.

Anyway... I really enjoyed watching the first disc of this set... and can't wait to continue revisiting the entire series again. Definitely a classic sitcom... recommended!

My Rating:
Out of a Possible 5
Pete

Offline addicted2dvd

• Forum Inventory
    • View Profile
« Reply #1064 on: January 07, 2013, 12:53:45 AM »
     Thriller: Disc One: Season One: Episodes 1-5

EPISODE 1: THE TWISTED IMAGE
Original Air Date: 9/13/60
The life of a business executive (Leslie Nielsen) takes a nightmarish turn when a mentally disturbed mailroom clerk exhibits an unusual fixation.

EPISODE 2: CHILD'S PLAY
Original Air Date: 9/20/60
A lonely boy deals with his estranged parents by losing himself in a fantasy world at a mountain cabin and roams the area with a rifle in hand.

EPISODE 3: WORSE THEN MURDER
Original Air Date: 9/27/60
A widow (Constance Ford) discovers a diary that reveals the sinister facts involved in the death of her father-in-law, who was plagued by recurring nightmares.

EPISODE 4: THE MARK OF THE HAND
Original Air Date: 10/4/60
An eight-year-old girl holding a gun at a crime scene refuses to speak when she becomes the only possible suspect.

EPISODE 5: ROSE'S LAST SUMMER
Original Air Date: 10/11/60
The mysterious death of a faded actress (Mary Astor) in a family's garden uncovers some very unpleasant secrets.

Stars:
Boris Karloff as Your Host

My Thoughts:
I finally finished off the first disc of this set. I been watching this series slowly. Watching an episode here and there. Mainly because my brother wanted to watch it with me... and he can't watch the show as often as I can. Watching this disc is the first I ever seen any of this series. It is completely new to me. So far I must say I am enjoying this show very much. It reminds me a lot of The Twilight Zone... I wouldn't say it is as good as The Twilight Zone... but it is definitely pretty close. If you are like me... and don't really know of this series... I would say to give it a shot. I don't think you will be disappointed.

My Rating:
Out of a Possible 5
Pete