Author Topic: Angel Marathon  (Read 37393 times)

Offline addicted2dvd

• Forum Inventory
    • View Profile
Angel Marathon
« on: December 20, 2009, 11:48:16 PM »
Angel Marathon

Angel: Season 1
Angel (David Boreanaz), the dashing demon from "Buffy the Vampire Slayer," embarks on his own supernatural adventures in Los Angeles. City of Angels. City of Broken Dreams. Between pervasive evil and countless temptations lurking beneath the city's glittery facade, L.A. is the ideal address for a fallen vampire looking to save a few lost souls and, in turn, perhaps redeem his own.

Angel: Season 1 Opening Credits

EPISODES:
1. City Of
2. Lonely Hearts
3. In The Dark
4. I Fall To Pieces
5. Rm W/a Vu
6. Sense & Sensitivity
7. Bachelor Party
8. I Will Remember You
9. Hero
10. Parting Gifts
11. Somnambulist
12. Expecting
13. She
14. I've Got You Under My Skin
15. The Prodigal
16. The Ring
17. Eternity
18. Five By Five
19. Sanctuary
20. War Zone
21. Blind Date
22. To Shanshu In L.A.

Stars:

David Boreanaz
As
Angel

Charisma Carpenter
as
Cordelia Chase

Glenn Quinn
as
Doyle

Alexis Denisof
as
Wesley Wyndam-Pryce
Pete

Offline addicted2dvd

• Forum Inventory
    • View Profile
Re: Angel Marathon
« Reply #1 on: December 20, 2009, 11:55:02 PM »

1. City Of
Newly arrived in Los Angeles, Angel is befriended by a half-demon named Doyle who visions lead him to a powerful vampire whose next victim just may be Cordelia Chase.

Guest Stars:
Tracy Middendorf
Vyto Ruginis
Christian Kane

My Thoughts:
I remembered when I first heard Angel got his own spinoff... I was concerned it wouldn't be any good. But I was pleasantly surprised. I actually enjoyed it a lot. I also liked that they brought Cordelia over. At this point she is still pretty prissy... but they do change that as this show goes on. Her character definitely grows up quite a bit during this show. The pilot episode is a lot of fun. I really liked towards the end when Angel comes to the mansion to save Cordelia... and when he shows up Cordelia comes out with... "You don't know who he is".... "Oh Boy... You are going to get your ass kicked!" LOL. Some reason I love that line every time I see it.

My Rating:
« Last Edit: December 24, 2009, 10:25:01 PM by addicted2dvd »
Pete

Offline addicted2dvd

• Forum Inventory
    • View Profile
« Reply #2 on: December 22, 2009, 03:17:26 PM »

2. Lonely Hearts
Another of Doyle's visions leads the newly formed Angel Investigations to a trendy bar where they face off against a worm-like demon who eviscerates its victims.

Guest Stars:
Elisabeth Rohm
Lillian Birdsell
Obi Ndefo
Derek Hughes

My Thoughts:
This is the first episode that has the character of Detective Kate Lockley. It is a pretty good episode... but not what I would call a great one. I liked the introduction of Kate... and it did have some good fight scenes in it. But for some reason it didn't click for me. Maybe because I never been one to frequent bars and clubs. I did however get a kick out of Doyle getting into a bar fight to defend Cordelia's honor. That is another thing... I always disliked Cordelia in the episodes of Buffy the Vampire Slayer. But in this series I like her. Only a little at this point... but she soon grows as a person... and as she does she grew on me as well.

My Rating:
« Last Edit: December 24, 2009, 10:25:26 PM by addicted2dvd »
Pete

Offline addicted2dvd

• Forum Inventory
    • View Profile
« Reply #3 on: December 24, 2009, 01:10:30 AM »

3. In the Dark
Oz arrives in L.A. with a ring from Buffy which must be kept from Spike at all costs - and which would allow Angel to walk in the light of day.

Guest Stars:
Seth Green
James Marsters
Kevin West
Malia Mathis

My Thoughts:
I always liked it when cast of Buffy the Vampire Slayer came guest starred on Angel. This is the first time we get that when Spike follows Oz taking the ring to Angel. Since this story started on an episode of Buffy... I went ahead and watch Buffy the Vampire Slayer: Season 4 - The Harsh Light of Day before watching this episode so I could get the entire story in. Not sure if I will do that with every cross-over episode or not... but I wanted to do it tonight. This episode is good. I actually kinda liked seeing Angel getting tortured and needing help. It is a nice change from how the series usually goes.

My Rating:
« Last Edit: December 24, 2009, 10:25:49 PM by addicted2dvd »
Pete

Offline addicted2dvd

• Forum Inventory
    • View Profile
« Reply #4 on: February 24, 2010, 12:10:44 AM »

4. I Fall to Pieces
Original Air Date: 10/26/1999
Angel aids a woman being stalked by a deranged surgeon who the unnatural ability to track the woman's every move with the aid of detachable body parts.

Guest Stars:
Elisabeth Rohm
Tushka Bergen
Andy Umberger
Carlos Carrasco

My Thoughts:
This is a good episode. Has an interesting storyline. And the effects were pretty cool as well. Seeing hands movie by themselves and an eyeball floating in the air. Of course Cordelia gets excited over the first money coming into the company. and Doyle still having the hots of Cordelia but can't bring himself to tell her.

My Rating:
Pete

Critter

« Reply #5 on: February 24, 2010, 01:20:54 AM »
Where do you get your pictures for each episode from?

Offline Jimmy

• Mega Heavy Poster
  • Yes this is me...
    • View Profile
« Reply #6 on: February 24, 2010, 01:44:30 AM »
Pete probably take a screen capture when he watch them on his computer or he already have the pictures on his DVDP folders.

Offline addicted2dvd

• Forum Inventory
    • View Profile
« Reply #7 on: February 24, 2010, 08:19:58 AM »
I first search the net with google image search with show title then episode title so for something like this I would do a search of "Angel" "I Fall to Pieces" to see if I can find a decent image for it. If I don't see anything worth using (or any at all) then I will pop the disc into the computer and take a vidcap.

For Angel (I am sorry forget who it was now) one of our friends here at the site pointed me to a site that had an image for almost every episode. (http://buffy.wikia.com/wiki/List_of_Angel_episodes)
Pete

Critter

« Reply #8 on: February 24, 2010, 08:50:26 AM »
Ah cool thanks for that. They look good in the reviews.

Offline addicted2dvd

• Forum Inventory
    • View Profile
« Reply #9 on: February 24, 2010, 09:47:27 AM »

5. Rm w/a Vu
Original Air Date: 11/2/1999
While Doyle deals with a demon who has come to collect on his loans, Cordelia and a ghost battle it out for the rights to live in a gorgeous rent-controlled apartment.

Guest Stars:
Elisabeth Rohm
Beth Grant
Marcus Redmond
Denney Pierce

My Thoughts:
This is actually one of my favorite of the early episodes. I liked both storylines and how they combined them at the end of the episode. Plus you couldn't help getting a kick out of Cordelia getting pissed at the ghost towards the end. She said it perfectly when she said "The Bitch is Back!" I also got a kick out of her new "roommate". It really is a fun episode.

My Rating:
Pete

Offline addicted2dvd

• Forum Inventory
    • View Profile
« Reply #10 on: February 24, 2010, 10:52:38 AM »

6. Sense & Sensitivity
Original Air Date: 11/9/1999
A sensitivity seminar for Kate's police squad backfires with near disastrous results when Angel tries to discover who has taken a contract out on Kate's life.

Guest Stars:
Elisabeth Rohm
John Capodice
John Mahon
Ron Marasco

My Thoughts:
Not really a favorite episode of mine. It is alright... but sensitivity thing played more silly then funny. Though there was a couple giggles in it. Storyline really wasn't that interesting. Really just an average filler type episode.

My Rating:
Pete

Offline addicted2dvd

• Forum Inventory
    • View Profile
« Reply #11 on: February 24, 2010, 11:49:42 AM »

7. Bachelor Party
Original Air Date: 11/16/1999
Doyle nearly loses his mind when he and Angel are invited to a attend a bachelor party given by his ex-wife's new fiancé, and Ano-Movic demon.

Guest Stars:
Kristin Dattilo
Carlos Jacott
Ted Kairys
Chris Tallman

My Thoughts:
A good episode... we find out a bit about Doyle's past in this one. Cordelia is really starting to like Doyle by now. But at this point she still don't know he is part demon. At the very end of this episode Doyle has a vision about Buffy... so this must be the prelude to the first time Angel goes back to Buffy for an episode.

My Rating:
Pete

Offline addicted2dvd

• Forum Inventory
    • View Profile
« Reply #12 on: February 24, 2010, 03:47:41 PM »

8. I Will Remember You
Original Air Date: 11/23/1999
When exposure to demon blood causes Angel to become mortal, he must decide whether or not to renew his relationship with Buffy.

Guest Stars:
Carey Cannon
Randall Slavin
Sarah Michelle Gellar
David Wald

My Thoughts:
Here we have the first time Buffy appears on Angel. It is a good... if somewhat sad episode of you ever wanted to see Buffy and Angel together. The storyline is pretty good. I got a bit of a laugh when Angel first turned human and rushed to the refrigerator. But of course... as always when you get Buffy and Angel together... this is more drama then anything else.

My Rating:
Pete

Offline addicted2dvd

• Forum Inventory
    • View Profile
« Reply #13 on: February 24, 2010, 06:52:50 PM »

9. Hero
Original Air Date: 11/30/1999
Doyle gets a chance to atone for his past when Angel agrees to help a group of mixed-heritage demons being hunted by violent pure-blood demons known as The Scourge.

Guest Stars:
Tony Denman
Anthony Cistaro
Michelle Horn
Lee Arenberg

My Thoughts:
It is now time to say goodbye to Doyle (Glenn Quinn). It is shame his time on Angel was so short as I enjoyed his character. This is another good episode. Cordelia finds out about Doyle... prepares to go out with him... and loose him all in one episode. So this one was definitely more of a dramatic storyline then it was comedic. So not to much here to even give you a little chuckle. Well maybe Doyle trying to do the commercial. But that is about it.

My Rating:
Pete

Offline addicted2dvd

• Forum Inventory
    • View Profile
« Reply #14 on: February 24, 2010, 08:27:43 PM »

10. Parting Gifts
Original Air Date: 12/14/1999
As Cordelia struggles with the unwanted gift Doyle passed on to her, a leather-clad Wesley Wyndam-Pryce roars into town claiming to be a rogue demon hunter.

Guest Stars:
Maury Sterling
Carey Cannon
Randall Slavin
Alexis Denisof

My Thoughts:
This is the episode where Wesley is added to the show. This is one Buffy character I never liked. But he grows into a pretty good character on this show. I liked the storyline on this one. Especially towards the end... at the auction house.

My Rating:
Pete